Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the fact that it rotates and includes a piece of an arena banner used AT WM 5. Nice.

Regarding El Gigante (Via Wikipedia):

"Championships and accomplishments:

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI ranked him #112 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1991"

Really? Did everyone get sick that year?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought the Macho Man statue and I DON'T EVEN CARE, F IT YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE WWWWOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Wait........... it cost HOW MUCH?!?!?!?!

................shit.

Nobody gives a fuck about your opinions of whether or not WWE is rascist. You should have figured that out by the complete lack of any response from the last few times you've posted this dumb shit. 

Go back to posting dumb .gifs and japanese clips that nobody gives a fuck about, or even better, kill yourself.

WWE never had an Eskimo world champion, so they are racist. They never had a woman world champion, so they are sexist. Never had anyone named Jesus Christ as champion so they hate Christians. I was never their champion, hell they never even hired me so they must be prejudice against my kind.

There will always be some idiots complaining about how some company that makes a lot of money is racist or whatever. Its just what bored, stupid, attention seeking people do. Lets try to keep that nonsense out of the wrestling thread at least. It will make for happier conversation.

WWE never had an Eskimo world champion, so they are racist. They never had a woman world champion, so they are sexist. Never had anyone named Jesus Christ as champion so they hate Christians. I was never their champion, hell they never even hired me so they must be prejudice against my kind.

There will always be some idiots complaining about how some company that makes a lot of money is racist or whatever. Its just what bored, stupid, attention seeking people do. Lets try to keep that nonsense out of the wrestling thread at least. It will make for happier conversation.
really dont see how many people can get away with saying they are prejudice against me. You see it with gay people with getting married. I should go on tv and say the landlords in new york are against me cause i can only afford 25 bucks a month rent and they wont let me life in the 2,000 penthouse. Or noone will give me a brand new car just cause i cant afford it they are racist agasint my income

My perspective is that the conversation is topical. This is slowly leaking out into the mainstream which is why the company sent Mark Henry to respond. The Huffington Post isn't some no name blogger website. It's among the largest of news media sources around. The Atlantic also isn't Mike Johnson or Dave Meltzer. These are legitimate news media outlets. 

And Henry himself in the interview said that he was subject to racism. So either you're arguing that he is full of shit or it's irrelevant that he was subjected to racism. Moreover is the perception problem that men of color aren't given the opportunity to be the top guys in the company. Personally Del Rio is a big strike against that argument but people seem to be so taken up by the African American argument that they forget all about him. 

But descending into dismissive straw man arguments is not how we should discuss this. Eskimos? Yeah. There hasn't been an Eskimo world champion. And is that representative of a systematic overlooking of men of color in sports entertainment?

Well, probably. 

They were selling those and an Undertaker one at the NOLA WrestleMania store. Couple of my friends went. I imagine people saw the $300 price tag, considered how much it cost them to attend the event, and then promptly passed. So they seem to be dumping the remaining 483 statues on WWEshop.com.

Don't get me wrong... it's awesome and a very nice collectible. But even having been a diehard WWE/Savage fan for almost 25 years, if I had $300 to blow, I can think of a lot of other wrestling stuff I could get with that much expendable cash.

Venkman: PWI is all about kayfabe, or at least was when I read it. They base their 500 partly on in ring ability, but the majority is based on wins and losses.

The fact that Cena isn't booked for the next night on Raw (where Lesnar is returning) and that he's going to miss the Raw on 8/4 as well (both due to filming a movie) leads me to believe that either A.) Lesnar will show up and cost him the title, or B.) He'll win and get attacked afterwards.

Just a guess. Probably wrong.

A CBS affiliate in Boston interviewed Ambrose and mentioned the Titty Master thing. Ambrose acted like he didn't know about it.

Bullshit, but funny to see him play dumb about it.

The fact that Cena isn't booked for the next night on Raw (where Lesnar is returning) and that he's going to miss the Raw on 8/4 as well (both due to filming a movie) leads me to believe that either A.) Lesnar will show up and cost him the title, or B.) He'll win and get attacked afterwards.

Just a guess. Probably wrong.
so the video pushing summerslam Champ cena vs lesnar was fake?

so the video pushing summerslam Champ cena vs lesnar was fake?
He meant the Raw after Battleground and then the next one after that. Still leaves 1 Raw to have them face off- probably in some lame contract signing- before SummerSlam.

I think keeping them apart would be smart. Lesnar annihilates Cena after he wins the 4 way. Lesnar and Heyman open Raw the following night. Then on 8/4, Cena appears via satellite or something and lets them know he'll be at the Raw leading into SummerSlam. No physical contact til the match at the PPV.

I was watching NXT this week and it seems that they added new WWE Network Logo side plates to the NXT Tag Team Championship belt along with a new faceplate for the NXT Women's Championship with the new logo. I'm not sure if this is the first week they've switched over to the new logo on the tag and women's belts, but it seems like they've had them on Adrian Neville's NXT Championship for some time.

That's what I did. Thread cleaned up real nice.
jwpcIiK.gif

He meant the Raw after Battleground and then the next one after that. Still leaves 1 Raw to have them face off- probably in some lame contract signing- before SummerSlam.

I think keeping them apart would be smart. Lesnar annihilates Cena after he wins the 4 way. Lesnar and Heyman open Raw the following night. Then on 8/4, Cena appears via satellite or something and lets them know he'll be at the Raw leading into SummerSlam. No physical contact til the match at the PPV.
So he pulls a Rock and appears via satellite. Who's all about the WWE Universe now, John?

I didn't realize that the WWE Network carries ECW Hardcore TV episodes. I don't know if I can resist.

Has anyone watched any of them? Is any of the music and cursing intact?

EDIT - Oh, and that Sting 2k15 thing almost got my preorder. I'll be moving across the country right at the same time though so it would be inconvenient to deal with things arriving in the mail or figuring out what Gamestop to pick it up at.

Never even realized that until now, wtf? Only one I can think of that didn't was Mark Henry during his Sexual Chocolate gimmick and even then he had some Barry White ripoff song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kga2soqvMF0

The only reason this hasn't been used before now is because Vince hasn't discovered CB4 yet.

Ahmed Johnson didn't have rap music, neither did Lashley. Sadly those are the only two that spring to mind besides Virgil , Zeus, Bad News Brown  and The Natural Butch Reed.

Yea, besides Booker T, King Booker, Kamala, Koko B Ware, Flash Funk, Ron Simmons, Ernest Miller, Marcus Cor Von, The Boogeyman, and Papa Shango/Kama/Godfather, I too cannot think of any black athletes in WWE to not come out with rap music.

Yea, besides Booker T, King Booker, Kamala, Koko B Ware, Flash Funk, Ron Simmons, Ernest Miller, Marcus Cor Von, The Boogeyman, and Papa Shango/Kama/Godfather, I too cannot think of any black athletes in WWE to not come out with rap music.
Kofi Kingston's song isn't rap either. It's Caribbean. Same as Carlito's was.

Also, watching this Huffington Post interview is a joke. That guy is one of the biggest fucking toolboxes in the world. Watch him get embarrassed by the late Patrice O'Neal over the Don Imus thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW01Cn_qzj0

I didn't realize that the WWE Network carries ECW Hardcore TV episodes. I don't know if I can resist.

Has anyone watched any of them? Is any of the music and cursing intact?
Not only is the music overdubbed - all of it - but it's some of the worst overdub music they've ever used.

Well I suppose I'll hold off then. I should have taped those episodes back when they aired on cable access.

Even barring the rap thing, almost all those guys had very sterotypical and ethnic-sounding themes. Koko B Ware's theme sounded very simial to something you'd hear a black Gospel choir singing, The Cat of course had the funk thing going on, and Cor Von's theme sounded like it was sung by a rip-off Boys II Men.

Not only is the music overdubbed - all of it - but it's some of the worst overdub music they've ever used.
Yeah, I've noticed that WWE Network had overdubbed some music with horrible choices. I noticed that when I watched WCW Greed's main event, DDP's music was reverted back to his "Self High Five" theme and Jarrett got some crappy country theme instead of his "Chosen One" theme. Both were edited horribly as you can still hear the original music in the background. Also strangely, that main event was on the "Best of WCW PPVs" DVD and both themes were unaltered on that.

I caught the WWE house show Friday night in Pensacola.. pretty good show, ran 3 hours and it was pretty packed.. Might have been because they were promoting it as Roman Reigns and The Uso's homecoming since they are all from P'cola.  After Reigns beat Kane in a last man standing match him and The Uso's came out and put over Pensacola and said they would always rep the 850.  Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose had a pretty decent match, ended in DQ.

Battleground! Anyone think this is gonna be any good? I think most of the matches at least have potential.

It should be good, with the exception being the preshow match.

Naomi - Cameron - watch like you're supposed to care when Alicia interferes and gets Cameron the win.  Meh.  Get your piss break in now.

Swagger - Rusev - needs to end in a DQ with Swagger not releasing the Patriot Lock

Paige - AJ Lee - would like to see Paige turn full on heel and cheat to win the belt back

IC Battle Royale - dunno who will win but Bo Dallas should entertain

Usos - Wyatts - Wyatts due for a win

Jericho - Wyatt - Bray's due for a win also

Ambrose - Rollins - should be off the chain

4 Way - Cena wins LOL

Granted they could take a chance with someone, but I'd rather have Cena with the title than Orton or Kane and I do think it's too early for guys like Reigns, Bray, possibly even a little early for Cesaro. Wouldn't mind Jericho as a heel champ but that ain't happening, he only exists to lose to up and comers now (not that I mind him being fed to Wyatt mind you)

WWE stole my fantasy booking idea. Just finished Smackdown, and they finally pulled the trigger on Evil Marie. Plus she's teaming with Alicia in the Red & Black Attack. Personally, I shall always want to refer to them as Team Red Fox.

Speaking of new diva unions, is it just me, or is SummerLay just a dancing version of LayCool?

:rofl: That Kurt Angle ending was pretty good.  Can't believe how obvious that clip of Owen Hart/ Triple H talking was, seemed like JR was annoyed that the audio was picked up.

Glad Maffew put the Sting WWE2K15 clip in.  As that crowd was disappointed when the game logo popped up instead. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back