Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception coming 2011

Man, I just beat it today and I feel like I must have played an entirely different Uncharted 3 than most people.

Hell, my only complaint right now is that there don't appear to be any cheats to unlock. So much for an almighty doughnut drake playthrough...

so it appears most of you guys are saying UC3 isnt even that long...sad. i was hoping itd be longer than UC2. god that game was amazing. loved how there were so many scenes in that game.

[quote name='Yanksfan']..then don't play it. Everything is a copy of a copy.[/QUOTE]

That's just stupid. I mean really fucking stupid.

[quote name='Yanksfan']The first two were fulfilling because what they lacked in originality, they made up for with quality. I can respect and appreciate something that is well done and that is what the first two games were. The third, not quite as much, which is where the shine begins to come off for me.[/QUOTE]

I only said the games were overrated.

I mean really - this is from the review for Uncharted 1 "Leaping from ledges is awesome, shootouts are fun, and the occasional vehicle section is a nice change of pace." Oh yeah, pushing forward and x at the same time to jump over a ledge was super fun, it brought back memories of playing a Mario game over a decade ago. And those Uncharted 1 shootouts were a total blast, great aiming system, I'm surprised that all the top tier FPS weren't all over that shit.

Review for Uncharted 2 - "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune had one of the best stories the PS3 has ever seen, it packed some of the best graphics I had ever seen, and it was some of the most fun I have ever had in a videogame. Uncharted 2 keeps all of that and builds on it." Oh yeah best story - wandering around snowcapped mountains in nothing but a long-sleeved tshirt while taking out wave after wave of cookiecutter bad guys in increasingly implausable situations, there hasn't been something this compelling since Cliffhanger.

The best part is that in all of these reviews is that the reviewer always specifically discounts what he said by pointing out all the annoyances he had while playing the game and hinting at how craptastic the plot truly is (again from the UC2 review: "Admittedly, I think I set my expectations a little too high. The reappearance of rooms filling with waves and wave of baddies was annoying, the story felt a bit too familiar at times")

But then inexplicably the reviewer comes full circle and awards a near-perfect score anyway. Score one for the hype machine.

[quote name='lokizz']if you liked the mp then buy it but if you just want to try it hit up a redbox you can beat it in a day.[/QUOTE]That's pretty much true... but at the same time its true of pretty much every game series out there. (Minus a handful.)

[quote name='KrebStar']Hell, my only complaint right now is that there don't appear to be any cheats to unlock. So much for an almighty doughnut drake playthrough...[/QUOTE]Yup, very much missing. Guessing ND ran out of time.

[quote name='Yanksfan']For me, I could read into them easily enough. Unfortunately, it still leaves for a flat, underwhelming story experience.[/quote]

This was pretty much it for me too... and truth be told if some of these more obtuse points happened in a summer blockbuster (and that's what UC3 is suppose to be, the video game equivalent of one) than it would have been panned by everyone... Honestly, I don't feel that UC3 or any video game should be given a pass because its a video game and historically the stories have always been a bit more suspect. (If you want the media to grow you have to hold it to high standards...)

Trust me I'm not trying to beat up/destroy the story but with so many people taking to the internet looking for explanations/pointing out wholes I think its safe to say that ND failed on some level as story teller.

And to save more argument(s) discussions I'll leave out the many deus ex machina moments of story telling that struck me as lazy storytelling.

[quote name='Vinny']Again, I think ND only told the player what was needed to enjoy the story in the game. [/QUOTE]Very good point... I would just have liked to have seen more. But I would rather read a novel with an extra 50 pages of information (presented as part of the story, not their as an appendix.) than a book missing those pages because some felt they weren't needed for my enjoyment.

Honestly, I think the loyalty of Marlowe's men should have been explained... if only to keep the player's (or some of them) suspension of disbelief intact. (If its the spider's venom (and one got a chapter cutscene that shows/proves this?) then just show it/tell it.)

Does the game deserve a lower score because of it? No, but would the game have 'played' better if they had? Quit possibly, rather likely if you ask me.

Anyhow, if ND fixed the single player aiming (I'm not saying its bad but its too different from the MP and my MP gaming will suffer an adjustment period again) I might go back through the story again and see what I think of it knowing what I know now... but, truth be told, I'm so far behind in my backlog that I really doubt I will. I've never finished any of the Uncharted games on crushing, hell never even started one, I'm just not motivated by trophies (or achievements) all that much.

Ok, finished my Crushing run and only had trouble in a couple of spots. I'll post what I did in case anyone else gets stuck.

Chapter 12:
Right at the beginning during the huge fight where there are 2 turrets on you. Tried to pick off as many guys as I could while I made my way towards the turret on the far right. Underneath it is a little alcove where I basically camped out and picked off everyone one by one from there. Theres also an RPG in there in case any of the shotgun armor guys get too close. Hands down the hardest part of the game for me.

Chapter 20:
The second fight during the sandstorm (where 2 tanks are shooting at you). From where the checkpoint loads behind the truck, I took out one Sniper on the left, a guy with a Hammer to the right of him and another sniper to my right. After that, worked my way towards where the guy with the Hammer was. Picked up the Hammer and blew up the two tanks, then just killed off everyone that was left.

Chapter 21:
In he first fight with the Djinn, I made sure to run in with 12 rounds of the Tau Sniper (two guys at the end of Chapter 20 drop them, so I just picked them up and saved them). Two shots will kill a Djinn. I think 4 or 5 came at me, so I had just enough to kill em all. I also found a Hammer during the fight, so that helped. In the last fight with the Djinn (you fight 5 or 6 in a small area with 2 fountains), I just made sure to have 12 Tau Sniper rounds and 10 Hammer rounds. They sort of bunched up so I just popped them with Hammer rounds until they were all dead, but I had to keep moving around the room so the fireballs wouldn't kill me.

Overall I think this was the easiest Crushing mode of the trilogy. Still had its rough spots, but not as bad as UC or UC2.

[quote name='GBAstar'] Someone made a comment that the AI in the other characters (Elana, Chloe, Cutter, Victor, etc.) wasn't killing enough. OOOOPS... didn't know that games were designed so that the main character could just duck and let the AI do the dirty work. [/QUOTE]

Agreed. At least there was some challenge in UC3 on hard. In Gears 3, the AI was TOO good IMO making the game way too easy on hardcore all the way up to the end when they suddenly became useless.

I am digging the MP but I think power plays show up way too often. I've seen them happen 2 or 3 minutes into a match when the game is pretty close still. I don't think they should happen until a team is down by at least 10 kills. Also, of all the maps in UC2, why did they bring back Highrise? My lord, I really hate that map. Of the new maps, City of Brass could have been left on the cutting room floor as far as I'm concerned.

[quote name='Killbomb']I am digging the MP but I think power plays show up way too often. I've seen them happen 2 or 3 minutes into a match when the game is pretty close still. I don't think they should happen until a team is down by at least 10 kills.[/quote]

It a 5 kill window but also no dynamic environments can be going on... So no Trains nor Plane.

Count your blessings that they changed the cool down time on them... It use to be they pretty much ran back to back to back. (I still really hate the power plays and think that they are a stupid edition to the game. Take your lumps like everyone else did.)

[quote name='Killbomb']Also, of all the maps in UC2, why did they bring back Highrise? My lord, I really hate that map. Of the new maps, City of Brass could have been left on the cutting room floor as far as I'm concerned.[/QUOTE]

I find myself asking why did they bring Museum back... Its a bad map for everything but a broken map for Plunder.

I actually like City of Brass allot... Then again, its the only map that's new at this point so maybe that's some of its appeal. (I do think its areas are not styled diffidently enough. Change the color of the walls, flowers, floor, or something and it would be much better.)

UC2 Maps: According to people on the naughty dog forum the UC2 maps that are in UC2 (the DLC maps) were first made for UC and then ported back to UC2. I really doubt this is true but there's no denying that ND found a new map philosophy as only one new map (everything new to UC2 DLC and UC3) is symmetrical. (City of Brass)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']It a 5 kill window but also no dynamic environments can be going on... So no Trains nor Plane. [/QUOTE]

Speaking of trains and planes, there are some serious problems with the spawn points during those sequences. I've spawned directly behind enemies several times and been the victim of it as well. I like how they tried to do something different there but it's better on paper than in practice to me.

I don't remember playing Museum in UC2. Did it come in the same pack as Highrise? I downloaded that pack right before the UC3 Subway deal went live and only played a few games with it installed so I could have missed it.

[quote name='camoor']That's just stupid. I mean really fucking stupid.

I only said the games were overrated.

I mean really - this is from the review for Uncharted 1 "Leaping from ledges is awesome, shootouts are fun, and the occasional vehicle section is a nice change of pace." Oh yeah, pushing forward and x at the same time to jump over a ledge was super fun, it brought back memories of playing a Mario game over a decade ago. And those Uncharted 1 shootouts were a total blast, great aiming system, I'm surprised that all the top tier FPS weren't all over that shit.

Review for Uncharted 2 - "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune had one of the best stories the PS3 has ever seen, it packed some of the best graphics I had ever seen, and it was some of the most fun I have ever had in a videogame. Uncharted 2 keeps all of that and builds on it." Oh yeah best story - wandering around snowcapped mountains in nothing but a long-sleeved tshirt while taking out wave after wave of cookiecutter bad guys in increasingly implausable situations, there hasn't been something this compelling since Cliffhanger.

The best part is that in all of these reviews is that the reviewer always specifically discounts what he said by pointing out all the annoyances he had while playing the game and hinting at how craptastic the plot truly is (again from the UC2 review: "Admittedly, I think I set my expectations a little too high. The reappearance of rooms filling with waves and wave of baddies was annoying, the story felt a bit too familiar at times")

But then inexplicably the reviewer comes full circle and awards a near-perfect score anyway. Score one for the hype machine.[/QUOTE]

This is getting old! It is NOT a FPS and the aiming and shooting mechanics are FAR from broken. The shooting and hand to hand combat system in Uncharted is what a game like GTA should aspire to.

This is not a run and shoot your way to the end type game. Some of you guys need to take a chill pill till your HD Halo Collection comes out.

If you are playing this game to beat it in one session and you're not takeing the time out to enjoy the beauty in each level then sadly you're missing out. Most of us can appreciate the strides that Naughty Dog has made and how each game (in this series) it has released has raised the bar in regards to attention to detail in level design.

I think the jumping and climbing aspect is perfectly done and thats why it has gotten good reviews. Yes Tomb Raider (and many others before that) have done it first but the animations of N. Drake jumping look so natural compared to other games.

I just think those that say "this is stupid" "overhyped" "shootings was bad" are those that never were going to enjoy this franchise due to biases or the fundamental "let's hate one of the best because that's the cool thing to do".

Was Uncharted 3 disappointing? Possibly... but not because it was a bad game. If it is disappointing to someone it should be so because expectations were so high and as a gamer and fan of the series you expect to be swept of your feet based on experiences of the first two and that was a near impossible task.

Compared to the rest of the games out on the market this is easily a 9/10, compared to expectations of where Uncharted fans would have liked this game to go 7/10 and lastly it would rank as a < 5/10 for idiot kids who are expecting some sort of shooter when they purchased or rented the game.

[quote name='GBAstar']I just think those that say "this is stupid" "overhyped" "shootings was bad" are those that never were going to enjoy this franchise due to biases or the fundamental "let's hate one of the best because that's the cool thing to do".[/QUOTE]

To be clear I was saying that Yanksfan's statement that "everything is a copy of a copy" is really stupid, I was not talking about any aspect of the game there.

Frankly the shooting mechanic in the first game was deeply flawed, they made improvements in the second game but that still leaves a deeply flawed gameplay experience for almost half the first game. The plot in the second game was nothing more then a tiresome cliche-ridden vehicle designed to move Drake from one exotic locale to the next.

Yet to read a review you'd think that the first UC's shooter elements rival those of a top tier FPS, and the story in the second UC2 was better then Shakespeare. I could point to plenty of other instances - but to sum it up - they were just ridiculously overhyped games.

[quote name='lokizz']i agree the series was a chore to play with this one. how many times can he fall through a weakened area or squeeze through a tight space or climb shit while everyone else watches him before it gets old? it was like watching a movie where you could predict what would happen next because its the same stuff you saw in the previous films just slightly diff.[/QUOTE]
This is just a sign of the series starting to wear thin. I'm halfway through the game now and it's getting old knowing that as soon as I solve the puzzles and head for the exit there's going to be a gunfight. I have to say, even though I am enjoying the areas more for this game it feels like they're just filler for what would be a short story. They're obviously copying a ton from The Last Crusade and I'm just waiting for John Rhys-Davies to show up. Sadly, it's just not that coherent of a story for me to care.

Also, who else noticed the optical illusions in chapter 11? Pay careful attention to the statues in the tomb; it's like you're being watched!

[quote name='camoor']That's just stupid. I mean really fucking stupid.[/quote]

As was the statement that the entire series is a copy of something else that is played out. You're the one that went down that road. There really aren't a lot of unique and original gaming experiences out there, and if you really think that at this point, that is what Uncharted is about, then you should reference your own statement above for what your mindset is.

[quote name='camoor']
I only said the games were overrated.[/quote]

I never responded to the overrated comment. There are literally thousands of reviews and impressions out there. I am sure some people overrate the experience compared to what your expectations are.

I did respond to your statement that the games were an experience that would leave one empty, to which I just replied that they didn't for me.

[quote name='camoor']

But then inexplicably the reviewer comes full circle and awards a near-perfect score anyway. Score one for the hype machine.[/QUOTE]

So you choose one review from one site (and don't even bother to state which one) and say that proves your point? You don't like one reviewer and how they contridict their own review? How shocking. Welcome to almost every video game review out there. I don't read them or put any stock into them. I listen to actual gamers on boards I frequent, or from my own experiences.

[quote name='GBAstar']This is getting old! It is NOT a FPS and the aiming and shooting mechanics are FAR from broken. The shooting and hand to hand combat system in Uncharted is what a game like GTA should aspire to.

This is not a run and shoot your way to the end type game. Some of you guys need to take a chill pill till your HD Halo Collection comes out.

If you are playing this game to beat it in one session and you're not takeing the time out to enjoy the beauty in each level then sadly you're missing out. Most of us can appreciate the strides that Naughty Dog has made and how each game (in this series) it has released has raised the bar in regards to attention to detail in level design.

I think the jumping and climbing aspect is perfectly done and thats why it has gotten good reviews. Yes Tomb Raider (and many others before that) have done it first but the animations of N. Drake jumping look so natural compared to other games.

I just think those that say "this is stupid" "overhyped" "shootings was bad" are those that never were going to enjoy this franchise due to biases or the fundamental "let's hate one of the best because that's the cool thing to do".

Was Uncharted 3 disappointing? Possibly... but not because it was a bad game. If it is disappointing to someone it should be so because expectations were so high and as a gamer and fan of the series you expect to be swept of your feet based on experiences of the first two and that was a near impossible task.

Compared to the rest of the games out on the market this is easily a 9/10, compared to expectations of where Uncharted fans would have liked this game to go 7/10 and lastly it would rank as a < 5/10 for idiot kids who are expecting some sort of shooter when they purchased or rented the game.[/QUOTE]

Completely agreed on all points, even down to how UC3 is a good game that has some flaws that stand out further due to previous expectations of the series.

[quote name='Killbomb']Speaking of trains and planes, there are some serious problems with the spawn points during those sequences. I've spawned directly behind enemies several times and been the victim of it as well. I like how they tried to do something different there but it's better on paper than in practice to me.[/quote]

Yeah, as far as I know its still possible to get a rampart on the train section of London underground fairly easy... There's just not enough places to spawn 10 players. Its just too small. (The plane is slightly improved by having the trucks so spread out but its still possible to die/kill cheaply if the game decides to spawn you in the plane when most of the other team is in there.

My biggest complaints about those two segments is the physics just don't seem right. Grenades have the habit of not going where you want them to... or sticking with no bounces at impossible angles.

[quote name='Killbomb']I don't remember playing Museum in UC2. Did it come in the same pack as Highrise? I downloaded that pack right before the UC3 Subway deal went live and only played a few games with it installed so I could have missed it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they came together in the siege pack.. but even if you bought the DLC a year ago you still likely didn't play them much. DLC maps became pretty rare after 1.04 and 1.05 when the game lost the bulk of its regular players.

That is until the GotY edition came out... Then you saw them a bit more.

Highrise, while never my favorite map, was much better in the light. The nighttime version that we have in UC3 really hamstrings it some... if the map seems really, really, dark try adjusting the brightness. (I have to do both the game and my TV. The joys of a a high quality Plasma.)

Besides that I can say that Highrise is a map that memorizing will go a long way towards helping... also try to stick the the zones that benefit your weapons load out and your opponent’s load out.

(If you see allot of KAL users don't go chasing them into the close confines of the lower/middle section of tall middle tower (Kitchen/the area with the green furniture) and of course if you play against a bunch of snipers don't venture outside and move to flank using the cover... With so many ways to get around it takes allot of snipers (and skilled ones too) to truly lock the map down.

[quote name='GBAstar']This is getting old! It is NOT a FPS and the aiming and shooting mechanics are FAR from broken. The shooting and hand to hand combat system in Uncharted is what a game like GTA should aspire to. [/quote]
When you compare it to other third person games, UC3 "shooting" mechanics are not better i.e. GoW, AC, MG, TR, etc. Aiming in this game is clunky and slow. Yes, Hand to Hand was a nice improvement. But the aiming/shooting is a step backwards and again comes nowhere close to most other big name franchises.

I think the jumping and climbing aspect is perfectly done and thats why it has gotten good reviews.
You got to be kidding. I can't count how many times I died during
"chase"
sequences due to being caught on environments when trying to climb boxes and jumping during those scenes. ND and others could learn from AC as it relates to climbing/jumping.

[quote name='GBAstar']This is getting old! It is NOT a FPS and the aiming and shooting mechanics are FAR from broken. The shooting and hand to hand combat system in Uncharted is what a game like GTA should aspire to.

Compared to the rest of the games out on the market this is easily a 9/10, compared to expectations of where Uncharted fans would have liked this game to go 7/10 and lastly it would rank as a < 5/10 for idiot kids who are expecting some sort of shooter when they purchased or rented the game.[/QUOTE]

no offense dude but youre coming off like a fanboy. im supposed to take my time and enjoy the beauty of each level? lol holy shit i saw everything in my playthrough and again i wasnt impressed.

just so you know ive put in massive hours in u2 mp so for me its easy to get through the game in a day because even though the game plays cheap my skill is at that level that i can adjust and overcome the cheap tactics as well as the crappy aiming or shitty ai partners getting in my way.

and your halo comment is ignorant not that theres anything wrong with halo but what does that have to do with this game? im not a halo fan or lover ive played 2 of them in my lifetime one on an original xbox one on a pc ( halo 1 and 2) so what ? are you saying because people dont like u3 were evil ms fanboys out to take a piss on your beloved series?

the game is flawed and it was way overhyped and its not expecting too much to expect the 3rd game in the series to be better than the second or first . if you loved it good for you but theres nothing wrong with those who didnt.

I don't understand where the hate is coming from. I feel like I played a whole different game than other people who say it was worst the U2 or even U1. I loved the game and happy I bought it on launch day. It's definitely worth the price of admission to me

[quote name='JG5253']I don't understand where the hate is coming from. I feel like I played a whole different game than other people who say it was worst the U2 or even U1. I loved the game and happy I bought it on launch day. It's definitely worth the price of admission to me[/QUOTE]

The hate is coming because of the following reasons:

1) It's a Sony title - please disregard responses from people who cant capitalize "i" or use apostrophes.

2) It's the third installment in one of the most acclaimed franchises this generations. Their was a lot of hype for this. Regardless of media (film, music, games, etc.) it is nearly impossible to meet let alone exceed expectations the further along a franchise goes. Also it is a Sony exclusive so that heightens the negative criticisms (See #1).

3) People expect this to be some sort of shoot first type of game where as it is clearly an action adventure

4) There are some aspects of the game that are less then perfect but certainly are not terrible (grenade throwback, aiming, ability of certain enemies to take multiple shots to the face).

[quote name='Yanksfan']I never responded to the overrated comment. There are literally thousands of reviews and impressions out there. I am sure some people overrate the experience compared to what your expectations are.

I did respond to your statement that the games were an experience that would leave one empty, to which I just replied that they didn't for me.

So you choose one review from one site (and don't even bother to state which one) and say that proves your point? You don't like one reviewer and how they contridict their own review? How shocking. Welcome to almost every video game review out there. I don't read them or put any stock into them. I listen to actual gamers on boards I frequent, or from my own experiences.[/QUOTE]

The site was IGN.

It's hilarious that you are defending the story of a hokey videogame as if it has some sort of meaning. Really dude? It's entertainment junk food, wake up.

[quote name='GBAstar']The hate is coming because of the following reasons:

1) It's a Sony title - please disregard responses from people who cant capitalize "i" or use apostrophes.

2) It's the third installment in one of the most acclaimed franchises this generations. Their was a lot of hype for this. Regardless of media (film, music, games, etc.) it is nearly impossible to meet let alone exceed expectations the further along a franchise goes. Also it is a Sony exclusive so that heightens the negative criticisms (See #1).

3) People expect this to be some sort of shoot first type of game where as it is clearly an action adventure

4) There are some aspects of the game that are less then perfect but certainly are not terrible (grenade throwback, aiming, ability of certain enemies to take multiple shots to the face).[/QUOTE]

lmao a grammar insult the last resort of someone who has lost an argument flameoh my good sir flameoh.

[quote name='GBAstar']2) It's the third installment in one of the most acclaimed franchises this generations. Their was a lot of hype for this. Regardless of media (film, music, games, etc.) it is nearly impossible to meet let alone exceed expectations the further along a franchise goes. Also it is a Sony exclusive so that heightens the negative criticisms (See #1).[/QUOTE]

It is also kinda hard when the games fans rate UC2 as the best PS3 game EVAR! I actually got done playing it recently, and while it is good for what it is, I wouldn't call it a great GAME. It is a movie with some playable bits, one which gets so cheesy it is hard to take it seriously. To be honest, I don't see it much differently from the Final Fantasy franchise, just with less characters to deal with.

Not saying I won't buy 3 at some point. For me, the presence of Claudia Black makes any game better. But, I don't have the strong urge to immediately get the next one.

4) There are some aspects of the game that are less then perfect but certainly are not terrible (grenade throwback, aiming, ability of certain enemies to take multiple shots to the face).[/QUOTE]

I don't particularly care about the argument at hand; I just found this quite funny.

[quote name='camoor']The site was IGN.[/quote]

So? Who cares?

[quote name='camoor']It's hilarious that you are defending the story of a hokey videogame as if it has some sort of meaning. Really dude? It's entertainment junk food, wake up.[/QUOTE]

You really do not know how to read or respond to statements, do you? I never said the story has great meaning. Feel free to show me where I did though. I find it more hilarious that you are picking apart reviews to a granite level of detail for a hokey game that is entertainment junk food. If the game is as meaningless as you say, what does a review from a website of said game become?

1) It's a Sony title - please disregard responses from people who cant capitalize "i" or use apostrophes.[/quote]
Who cares if it Sony or not when everyone is comparing it to the games it came from i.e. Uncharted 1 and 2... Simple fact: Gameplay is a step back from the previous games in the same series.

While hyped, see your #4 as you try to backtrack from your original comment. The points you listed are actually terrible. What you missed was... glitches, screen tears, framerate drops, dumb enemy AI constantly running at you, etc.

When you kill an army (total over 600+ kills) while playing, it kind of blurs the line of "action/adventure" and "shooter", especially when it has a competitive multiplayer; so I understand when people lump it in.

4) There are some aspects of the game that are less then perfect but certainly are not terrible (grenade throwback, aiming, ability of certain enemies to take multiple shots to the face).
See the points you missed back up at #2...

Remember gameplay is a huge point in gaming... strange huh...

[quote name='Rig']1.01 patch rolls out within the next 24 hours worldwide...hope it fixes it all! (ND Twitter)[/QUOTE]
darn by that time ill have platinum need 2 chapters

[quote name='rpg']darn by that time ill have platinum need 2 chapters[/QUOTE]

Well, nevermind. Looks like it just fixes a 3D issue...ugh.

[quote name='Rig']Well, nevermind. Looks like it just fixes a 3D issue...ugh.[/QUOTE]
ok thx rig for the update ill will not download it if it shows up

[quote name='TheLongshot']For me, the presence of Claudia Black makes any game better.[/QUOTE]

Agreed :D

[quote name='Yanksfan']So you choose one review from one site (and don't even bother to state which one)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='camoor']The site was IGN.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Yanksfan']So? Who cares?[/QUOTE]

What's the matter - that ADD kicking in again?

[quote name='Yanksfan']You really do not know how to read or respond to statements, do you? I never said the story has great meaning. Feel free to show me where I did though. I find it more hilarious that you are picking apart reviews to a granite level of detail for a hokey game that is entertainment junk food. If the game is as meaningless as you say, what does a review from a website of said game become?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it took me all of 7 minutes.

Enough with your bitching - just what is your opinion of the UC plot?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Oh wow, this is why I left this site and never touched the game discussion threads.

Yikes... Camoor really wont shut up huh?[/QUOTE]

Easy there, just expressing my opinion.

Did you leave - I thought you were temp banned (at least I assumed...)

[quote name='Rig']Well, nevermind. Looks like it just fixes a 3D issue...ugh.[/QUOTE]
Wow, just pathetic, Sony. And I say Sony cause surely no one at ND would have made this crap a priority.

Edit:
[quote name='TheLongshot']Not saying I won't buy 3 at some point. For me, the presence of Claudia Black makes any game better. But, I don't have the strong urge to immediately get the next one.[/QUOTE]

You might be better off getting Gears of War 3 then as she has far more face than in Gears 3 than UC3. :(

Wow I am absolutely amazed by all the hate for the game. I thought it was at least even with Uncharted 2, it added about as many new features as U2 did over U1. 3D was absolutely phenomenal throughout the game, with many scenes setting new reference points for 3D gaming - the biggest downside to 3D though is across all gaming in that there are no standard picture setting the games are designed in so from game to game you have to adjust picture setting to get it just right.

My only points of criticism I can come up with at this point is it felt shorter than U2, but that could only be because I moved halfway through playing U2 so time with it was more broken up.

The other is...
..killing Marlowe and Talbot. I felt their part of the story wasn't finished like it was with the other bad guys. Rather than a small organization like the other two games (I realize you kill like 500 or so enemies in each but Marlowe's organization was centuries old and spanned the globe.)

We're told they have been after the jar that supposedly had the Djinn in it that was in the water in Ubar since the days of Dee but that is the only motivation we know. I understand the characters of Marlowe and Talbot are supposed to be the evil master and apprentice parallels of Sully and Drake and as the relationship of Sully and Drake was this games major story point but couldn't a massive world spanning organization with a treasure hunting past who are led by the parallel of Sully and Drake be a great overarching nemesis to carry throughout the future of the series? But that's just how I would do things so I don't know if that is legitimate criticism.

Another thing I don't understand is all the criticism for the story. They said as far back as about January the focus of this game was the relationship of Sully and Drake. The rest of the story is just a vehicle to that point. The whole big reveal about Drake being abandoned by his parents? Because that opens up the door for Sully as the father figure. Sully having Drake's wedding ring the whole time, lecturing him about the importance of Elena rather than treasure hunting, etc. I feel the game did it's part of fleshing out Drake and Sully throughout the game, explaining each character and their relationship more.

Personally I can't wait for Golden Abyss and Uncharted 4. I just hope they keep up with an entry every 2 years.

Wow, I only had to wait through 6 pages of mostly incessant whining and bickering back and forth to see someone else's impressions of the 3D in this game. :lol:

[quote name='ferant316']Personally I can't wait for Golden Abyss and Uncharted 4. I just hope they keep up with an entry every 2 years.[/QUOTE]

Well, I've heard rumors that the Jak and Dexter series is getting a compilation for the PS3 and if Sony follows suit like they did with Sly Cooper we should be seeing a Jak and Dexter game soon.

Granted, if Sony follows suit to the letter... That Jak and Dexter game might not be made by ND... or UC4 might not be made by ND. (I likely think ND will likely take a break from UC and make a new Jak and Dexter game and UC4 will be theirs for the making when they are ready for it.)

But really... Everything is speculation at this point. (It would still be shocking to see UC4 in two years... Unless it launches the PS4.)

[quote name='hollowfreak']Wow, I only had to wait through 6 pages of mostly incessant whining and bickering back and forth to see someone else's impressions of the 3D in this game. :lol:[/QUOTE]
To be fair- i included a review early on in the whining. :)

It really is the high point for 3D gaming right now.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Wow, I only had to wait through 6 pages of mostly incessant whining and bickering back and forth to see someone else's impressions of the 3D in this game. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ditto! My two favorite scenes for 3D were:
The burning house as it is collapsing and Chapter 11 when Drake is drugged and running around

But overall just the added depth and realism. Couple parts like in Syria you're high up and can see the city in the background I had to stop play just to admire it. The detail in the scenery has always been one of my favorite parts of the series and 3D just added so much to that.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Well, I've heard rumors that the Jak and Dexter series is getting a compilation for the PS3 and if Sony follows suit like they did with Sly Cooper we should be seeing a Jak and Dexter game soon.

Granted, if Sony follows suit to the letter... That Jak and Dexter game might not be made by ND... or UC4 might not be made by ND. (I likely think ND will likely take a break from UC and make a new Jak and Dexter game and UC4 will be theirs for the making when they are ready for it.)

But really... Everything is speculation at this point. (It would still be shocking to see UC4 in two years... Unless it launches the PS4.)[/QUOTE]

I don't think Naughty Dog will make a new Jak game based on interviews I've read. Things like they switched from Jak to Uncharted because they wanted something new, felt like they had done everything with Jak and they wanted to utilize the power of the Playstation 3. Now that they have Uncharted they say they still have many stories to tell and are interested in carrying it and evolving it onto PS4.

While I don't really want PS4 in 2013, if it does happen I could see U4 being a launch title. Uncharted is fast becoming the Playstation's flagship title, they are part of Sony so will get dev kits first and if you use the Vita as an example it definitely seems they're comfortable released an Uncharted game to strengthen the launch of a system.

Maybe I'm just being hopeful because two years is already an awful long time to wait.

I'd definitely buy a Jak and Daxter HD3D collection. I've never finished any of them. The kid was wicked into them but I did get really far into the first, great game.

Playing Uncharted in 3D really makes me wish there was a way to take 3D screenshots.

Wow, I'm close to the end now and the second half of the game has totally redeemed itself. It was the first time I actually started getting into the game and didn't want to stop. Still not the best in the series, but a close second to the first game.

While I do agree with some of the plot issues and the pacing not being as good as 2; some other opinions here are hilarious and over the top.

Marlowe turning into the hulk and being the last boss, I'm amazed by the hate of this game here.

Why would you be amazed, the setting stinks, and the first 2 games were the cream of the crop when they came out. Plus naughty dog has no idea how to make multiplayer and they let you know that by constantly changing gameplay and changing the way the game plays over and over. It doesn't help that the new maps stink and there are other games that are superior on the multiplayer side, like BF3.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Why would you be amazed, the setting stinks, and the first 2 games were the cream of the crop when they came out. Plus naughty dog has no idea how to make multiplayer and they let you know that by constantly changing gameplay and changing the way the game plays over and over. It doesn't help that the new maps stink and there are other games that are superior on the multiplayer side, like BF3.[/QUOTE]

Good comparison sir. You nailed it, when ND built the multiplayer they were aiming for a BF3 like feel :roll:

It's nice to see a small flow of positive impressions of this game.

I think too many people expected this to be Uncharted 2 all over again. Sorry to say that Uncharted 2 is an experience we'll never have again, no matter how much you want to believe it's possible. Just like riding your bike for the first time or driving for the first time or losing your virginity.

[quote name='Vinny']It's nice to see a small flow of positive impressions of this game.

I think too many people expected this to be Uncharted 2 all over again. Sorry to say that Uncharted 2 is an experience we'll never have again, no matter how much you want to believe it's possible. Just like riding your bike for the first time or driving for the first time or losing your virginity.[/QUOTE]

Most overrated series evar

[quote name='GBAstar']and yet it keeps winning awards...

silly conspiracy![/QUOTE]

In his defense, he's allowed to say and think that it's overrated. Saying something's overrated isn't the same as saying it's bad (though he's allowed to say/think that too). Not everybody is going to like the same thing, even if a majority of the people do.

[quote name='Vinny']In his defense, he's allowed to say and think that it's overrated. Saying something's overrated isn't the same as saying it's bad (though he's allowed to say/think that too). Not everybody is going to like the same thing, even if a majority of the people do.[/QUOTE]

See, this is where I see things differently. I don't like the COD series, but you don't see me in the COD thread trolling and bitching. It really derails meaningful conversation about the game.

Well, finished it last night and I must say it felt lacking overall. This would probably be the easiest game I'd ever try to plat but I just don't feel a drive to play it again. I think either I've just become used to how these games play or this one was sorely lacking in challenge because of no boss fights. I honestly think the game was rushed because it's too derivative in combat design and despite the set pieces, doesn't stage well.

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to put my finger on it, but I share the disappointment other people had. It's just one of those things where even a great game just doesn't all come together quite right.

bread's done
Back