Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception coming 2011

[quote name='Frank Deluded']See, this is where I see things differently. I don't like the COD series, but you don't see me in the COD thread trolling and bitching. It really derails meaningful conversation about the game.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, unless the mods decide to do something about his trolling, we have to ignore it. The more we acknowledge him, the more he'll do it.

Finished my crushing playthrough last night. Couple clean up trophies and then onto the co-op. I enjoyed it a little more on the 2nd playthrough, though the gun fights were a bit more difficult.

[quote name='Jodou']Well, finished it last night and I must say it felt lacking overall. This would probably be the easiest game I'd ever try to plat but I just don't feel a drive to play it again. I think either I've just become used to how these games play or this one was sorely lacking in challenge because of no boss fights. I honestly think the game was rushed because it's too derivative in combat design and despite the set pieces, doesn't stage well.

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to put my finger on it, but I share the disappointment other people had. It's just one of those things where even a great game just doesn't all come together quite right.[/QUOTE]

thats pretty much how i felt definelty not worh it to play again for anything. i got the plat for u1 and u2 at the end of the game i didnt see a point to trying for one in u3. if it was a chore to do my first playthrough i could imagine how bad itd feel on a second or 3rd. hell after the first 3 chapters i gave up looking for treasure so i could finish sooner lol.

They are great games don't get me wrong. I was just responding to specific points in specific posts. I'm glad the games sell well and I hope we get many more.

I'm mainly disappointed I don't have a 3D tv because it sounds like I'm missing the best new feature in this game. I would be interested how many folks can actually play the 3D as a percentage, given the amount of money and advertising that went into it.

I have to think it's more about promoting 3D then it is about selling copies - but maybe I'm wrong?

[quote name='camoor']They are great games don't get me wrong. I was just responding to specific points in specific posts. I'm glad the games sell well and I hope we get many more.

I'm mainly disappointed I don't have a 3D tv because it sounds like I'm missing the best new feature in this game. I would be interested how many folks can actually play the 3D as a percentage, given the amount of money and advertising that went into it.

I have to think it's more about promoting 3D then it is about selling copies - but maybe I'm wrong?[/QUOTE]

3D is definitely what made this a big jump up from Uncharted 2. I was playing co-op today and bullets fly past you and since they are such a small thing they give more of a pop out effect than anything I have seen in 3D before. They actually Give the illusion of coming about a foot out of the screen.

It doesn't feel like 3D was just included for a selling point or to promote 3D peripherals but that the game was designed from the ground up with the idea of using it as new tech to further the experience.

I don't think you will see statistics for how many can play in 3D but I will say 3D is growing at a faster rate than when HD launched due to lower entry costs and inclusion in near everything but entry level sets.

Hollywood risks ruining 3D though with all the cheap post production conversions they're doing. It's not clear to the basic consumer which films are true 3D and which are conversions which is causing then to avoid 3D films entirely. It'll be a shame if they kill it because U3 shows why this is the next evolution in the A/V experience and the amazing things they can do with it.

Different subject but has anyone gotten a sick of a lot of the people on MP? For example I just quit the game I was in because this guy would not stop accusing me of Kill stealing any time I killed someone he had shot or was aiming for.

Worst was he tried meleeing a armored suit got knocked down and rather then risk dying too I killed the armored suit before picking him back up to which he said "I already started on him now I'm going to report you for stealing my kills."

Then theres the clan guys who are high level, brag about how they've been playing for months on the Subway promo and are so good yet cant survive a co-op level on Crushing because they run around meleeing everyone rather the work together and use tactics. Then when you lose blame it on you for being a "noob" when you got twice the kills and half the deaths. Not to sound pretentious but I wish it was more the adult Warhawk crowd then the CoD it seems to be. Makes it harder to enjoy multiplayer when people just complain or act stupid all the time.

[quote name='Jodou']Well, finished it last night and I must say it felt lacking overall. This would probably be the easiest game I'd ever try to plat but I just don't feel a drive to play it again. I think either I've just become used to how these games play or this one was sorely lacking in challenge because of no boss fights. I honestly think the game was rushed because it's too derivative in combat design and despite the set pieces, doesn't stage well.

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to put my finger on it, but I share the disappointment other people had. It's just one of those things where even a great game just doesn't all come together quite right.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. Although, I still feel that a majority of the set pieces and gunfights require a 2nd, maybe 3rd playthrough for me. They were just that great. Burning Chateau, All of the Boat level, the entirety of the desert.

I really wish we could have explored more of the desert and the
Ubar or Iram of the Pillars.

^Agreed. Good 3D in a video game (Uncharted, Killzone) is 100x better looking than any movie you've seen because of the production style each media uses to produce the effect.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']I agree with this. Although, I still feel that a majority of the set pieces and gunfights require a 2nd, maybe 3rd playthrough for me. They were just that great. Burning Chateau, All of the Boat level, the entirety of the desert.

I really wish we could have explored more of the desert and the
Ubar or Iram of the Pillars.
[/QUOTE]
That's how I felt. The pace of the game never slowed down enough for me to appreciate what they had done. I really grew to appreciate some of the scenes a lot more on my 2nd playthrough because I was slowing down a little (even when the story was attempting to push me), and reviewing what was actually there.

+1, except I'm on chapter 10 and I already feel that way. :)
Floors crumble 'cause that's just what happens in Uncharted. At one point I reached a trophy for 20 headshots, but each one of those still required tons of more gun fire to go down (boring gun fights)...

Either we've all been spoiled by how much better UC 2 felt, or the design team needs to try their hand at something else.

Well I guess it's a damn good thing I've only played the first and haven't played 2 yet because I'm really liking this one so far. I have the 2nd I just think I was into infamous at the time I got it. Although I'm sure I'll be missing the 3D by the time I start U2. :lol:

Just finished crushing. IMO this is by far the easiest one out of the three games. I only have about 20 treasures left to find than a few other easy trophies and I'm done. You can deff get platinum in under 20 hours. If you think the boat stages in this game are hard I DARE you to play chapter 5 of Drakes Fortune on crushing; that shit was a nightmare. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA2a2XxONpw

[quote name='JMEPO']Just finished crushing. IMO this is by far the easiest one out of the three games. I only have about 20 treasures left to find than a few other easy trophies and I'm done. You can deff get platinum in under 20 hours. If you think the boat stages in this game are hard I DARE you to play chapter 5 of Drakes Fortune on crushing; that shit was a nightmare. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA2a2XxONpw[/QUOTE]
i agree with u this game was to simple got the platinum with no problems. Wish they did it like dead space 2 with only 3 saves that would have been really fun in crushing mode with few saves.
uncharted 1 rank 5out10 in crushing difficult
uncharted 2 rank 4out10 in crushing difficult
uncharted 3 rank 2out10 in crushing difficult

Just looked at times to plat per game for me:

U1 2 days
U2 4 days
U3 5 days (totally lazy though, played a lot of BF3 in between)

You can tell my interest has waned heh.

[quote name='JMEPO']Just finished crushing. IMO this is by far the easiest one out of the three games. I only have about 20 treasures left to find than a few other easy trophies and I'm done. You can deff get platinum in under 20 hours. If you think the boat stages in this game are hard I DARE you to play chapter 5 of Drakes Fortune on crushing; that shit was a nightmare. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA2a2XxONpw[/QUOTE]

Haha, thank god. I don't my mind nor my controller could handle another U1 crushing experience. That water area was definitely the hardest.

I finished it last night. It seemed much harder to me than the other two Uncharted games. I still like Uncharted 2 best of the series. I intend to reply them all someday. Its been so long since I played the first Uncharted I don't remember it as well as Uncharted 2/3.

The first game was so hard on Crushing... I remember that part being a PITA because the area was completely open and you could get killed from any angle. I also had a lot of trouble with the final stage (not the boss, the boss was a joke).

[quote name='Vinny']The first game was so hard on Crushing... I remember that part being a PITA because the area was completely open and you could get killed from any angle. I also had a lot of trouble with the final stage (not the boss, the boss was a joke).[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue with that part as well. I never did finish the first on Crushing since I lost my save when my first PS3 YLODed. When I think of trying it again, that part makes me pop something else in instead. :D

I did finish U3 on Crushing, and it was pretty easy. I found the gameplay to be more satisfying than my Hard playthrough though, and felt the melee encounters were much improved with the removal of the button prompts.

[quote name='rpg']Wish they did it like dead space 2 with only 3 saves that would have been really fun in crushing mode with few saves.[/QUOTE]

no... it wouldnt have

for the blue room, you could glitch it to where the guys come out but you stay up top in the beginning part.

edit: at chapter 10 and while its a good game, im just not feeling it as much as 1 or 2. they really like squeezing you into tiny spaces this time around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rented this from redbox for 83 cents last night and completed it before I had to return it. Overall the game was good, however the plot was realllly lacking. Prettier and handled better than UC2 but the narrative was more engaging in UC2.

[quote name='8bitArtist'] they really like squeezing you into tiny spaces this time around.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously. They did it in GoW3 a few times too. What's up with that? It's like Sony saw someone say "players want to squeeze through tight spaces!" and decided to make all of their developers include the feature in their games.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, seriously. They did it in GoW3 a few times too. What's up with that? It's like Sony saw someone say "players want to squeeze through tight spaces!" and decided to make all of their developers include the feature in their games.[/QUOTE]

i just beat it last night. pretty disappointed with the game.
really surprised there was no real boss fight at all.

i can see the whole squeezing into a tight space thing once or twice, but this game has you do it almost 10 times. im tired of falling through shit to. these ancient architects need to really figure out how to reinforce floors betters.

finally beat this game and....it was ok. 8.5/10

Uncharted 2: 10/10

what the hell happened to chole and cutter? its like disappeared at the end. i thought they would appear at the end. the end didnt have a real boss fight either which sucked :(

elena wasnt even in much of it either. actually, none of them were really in the story IMO. it was all drake. it felt kinda depressing knowing sully was getting old. i thought he was dead for sure :whistle2:#

overall, okay game. i had tons more fun in UC2 like everybody here.

I finished it last week and working on Crushing mode. While I do like UC2 better, I still think UC3 deserve the 10/10. The chasing/running is very cool on the first playthrough, people watching me play those parts were mesmerized by them, it's visually engaging (like you're really in the scenes).

I did noticed the tight areas as well, I don't mind the smaller space, but having numerous bad dudes at once is a pain on Crushing mode, got no place to hide! Not to mention the snipers, a pain...

Oh, UC3's 3D is very very good, glad that I have a 3D TV :)

[quote name='8bitArtist']no... it wouldnt have

for the blue room, you could glitch it to where the guys come out but you stay up top in the beginning part.

edit: at chapter 10 and while its a good game, im just not feeling it as much as 1 or 2. they really like squeezing you into tiny spaces this time around.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that infamous water/blue room in UC1... Yeah, Crushing mode is a pain in UC1, I had to use youtube a lot. I won't call the blue room "glitched." All you have to do was to "wake" up the enemies by blowing up the propane outside and then finish off the bad guys one by one on high ground. The only glitch was the shotgun dude, he ran by you and jumped down to the blue room instead of shooting you (yeah, everybody hates the fat shotgun dude in UC1, he always pop up behind you right before you get to the next checkpoint, good old time :lol:).

i got really tired of the chasing scenes. again, 1 or 2 times, fine... but like 5? cmon naughty dog. i just finished crushing and it had some pain in the ass parts for sure, but thats cuz the aiming in this game isnt that great.

[quote name='8bitArtist']i got really tired of the chasing scenes. again, 1 or 2 times, fine... but like 5? cmon naughty dog. i just finished crushing and it had some pain in the ass parts for sure, but thats cuz the aiming in this game isnt that great.[/QUOTE]
Yes, the aiming is odd for some reason, I got a lot of "weird" head shots. Eh, still a good 3D game :D

[quote name='Serpentor']Yes, the aiming is odd for some reason, I got a lot of "weird" head shots. Eh, still a good 3D game :D[/QUOTE]

I kinda get the feeling that, based on all the colors used and how things kept flying at the screen, this game was meant to be played in 3D. Really wish I had a 3D TV.:whistle2:/

I didn't think the chase scenes were too bad except for the one in Yemen where you chase Talbot. That one was way too long. I enjoyed the other ones, especially the first one.

Just finished this, big disappointment compared to Uncharted 2. Gameplay had marginal additions, story was very cliche, everything felt formulaic and forced, way too predictable, too many cinematic moment crap where everything has to be exaggerated, enemies were lacking and the Abobo crap didn't help.

The only good parts were that it was still better than most games in all respects, they avoided changing from human enemies to monsters/supernatural crap at the end of the game, puzzles were better, and the ship level.

Looking back U2 and U1 were like this and maybe I've become saturated in regards to Uncharted. However, still think those negatives about it hold some water. Can't help but feel they phoned this game in in many respects and took away from the single player by putting more effort into multiplayer. However, the maps in multiplayer kind of suck.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, seriously. They did it in GoW3 a few times too. What's up with that? It's like Sony saw someone say "players want to squeeze through tight spaces!" and decided to make all of their developers include the feature in their games.[/QUOTE]

You can hear the PS3 HDD cranking away when you're in the tight spaces. Gimmick to show no loading screen.

Does this game have the same feeling of "rush" that you get at times with the Modern Warfare games?

The Modern Warfare games are some of my favorite single-player experiences because they play like Michael Bay action movies. I'm more of a story first and gameplay second kind of gamer though obviously gameplay is super important to me as well.

Uncharted 1 seems to get overlooked for some reason. Did the games only reach their brilliance beginning with the 2nd and 3rd games or can I expect an awesome experience with the first game?

[quote name='Kendro']Does this game have the same feeling of "rush" that you get at times with the Modern Warfare games?

The Modern Warfare games are some of my favorite single-player experiences because they play like Michael Bay action movies. I'm more of a story first and gameplay second kind of gamer though obviously gameplay is super important to me as well.

Uncharted 1 seems to get overlooked for some reason. Did the games only reach their brilliance beginning with the 2nd and 3rd games or can I expect an awesome experience with the first game?[/QUOTE]

imo u3 feels like more of same but oddly lesser than the game before it.you get alot of been there done that moments and there are a number of flaws that stand out enough that you wonder how it got perfect scores when its a bit far from being so.

[quote name='Kendro']Does this game have the same feeling of "rush" that you get at times with the Modern Warfare games?[/QUOTE]

Rushed to the point of a CoD game? No.. but it does and was rushed.

A simple look at all the patches for the MP done in the beta that are still not in the game speaks volumes on it...

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Rushed to the point of a CoD game? No.. but it does and was rushed.

A simple look at all the patches for the MP done in the beta that are still not in the game speaks volumes on it...[/QUOTE]

Actually by rush I mean that feeling you get after an epic firefight or chase scene just ends and you're blown away like a roller coaster ride.

[quote name='Kendro']Actually by rush I mean that feeling you get after an epic firefight or chase scene just ends and you're blown away like a roller coaster ride.[/QUOTE]

Ah, the CoD reference caught me off guard as I haven't felt that sort of rush since CoD4... (Granted, I never finished WaW or even play Black Ops but did play MW2 and MW3. The later I didn't buy, just borrowed.)

CoD, is just so wash repeat anymore...

Anyhow, a rush feeling in UC3... Yes, but not as often as I thought I should get it.

As for the original UC. I did play/beat it before UC2 came out and while I think UC2 was by far the better game* you would be making a mistake to skip UC1.

* Reasons; they changed gernades (for the better starting with UC2), one plot 'twist' won't effect you but I would say that UC1 has a few better 'rush' moments than UC3. (at least for me.)

[quote name='8bitArtist']if you like modern warfare for the single player experience, then pretty much any game is going to be an awesome experience for you[/QUOTE]

OUCH! I like the single player experience in CoD MW series :)

I finished UC3 crushing mode last night. There are only a few true crushing mode fights:

1. The Heavy on the cruise ship where the waves knock your balance off. I retried many times, got lucky when the Heavy died from the crates (you can time it though). Partly this is difficult because there were any powerful weapons to begin with.

2. Right after the #1, the ball room with the piano. You got to stay under the balcony to pick off the guys and then go left/right to pick off the snipers.

3. The part where you have to face the inner demons, a lot of dudes burst into flames (basically need to kill them twice, but hand combat doesn't work on the flaming dudes, not on crushing anyway). I'm talking about the last part, the first and second parts are pretty easy. The last part, the one before Drake wakes up, is the toughest IMO. However, it's still not too bad if you carry over the grenade launcher and the sniper handgun (one shot kill). Basically I just run around and R1...

I actually got my Brute Counter trophy on crushing, not on hard... I think the button indicators are annoying, crushing mode actually doing me a favor by not displaying them :lol: I never play it on Very Easy yet, but I think I will for the Combat Leapfrog trophy (weird trophy).

[quote name='Serpentor']OUCH! I like the single player experience in CoD MW series :)

I finished UC3 crushing mode last night. There are only a few true crushing mode fights:

1. The Heavy on the cruise ship where the waves knock your balance off. I retried many times, got lucky when the Heavy died from the crates (you can time it though). Partly this is difficult because there were any powerful weapons to begin with.

2. Right after the #1, the ball room with the piano. You got to stay under the balcony to pick off the guys and then go left/right to pick off the snipers.

3. The part where you have to face the inner demons, a lot of dudes burst into flames (basically need to kill them twice, but hand combat doesn't work on the flaming dudes, not on crushing anyway). I'm talking about the last part, the first and second parts are pretty easy. The last part, the one before Drake wakes up, is the toughest IMO. However, it's still not too bad if you carry over the grenade launcher and the sniper handgun (one shot kill). Basically I just run around and R1...

2. I actually got my Brute Counter trophy on crushing, not on hard... I think the button indicators are annoying, crushing mode actually doing me a favor by not displaying them :lol: I never play it on Very Easy yet, but I think I will for the Combat Leapfrog trophy (weird trophy).[/QUOTE]

1. I just hid in the open slot the crate leaves when it falls out. took a few tries but you are safe in there 95% of the time he starts shooting. Only if the crate slides and closes the gap and the brute is at the perfect angle out in front can some of his shots hit you.

2. Thats how I did it on hard, but on Crushing I couldn't get it to work. Out of frustration I stealth killed 3 guys, grabbed a shotgun, ran around shooting from the hip nailing all the non armored guys, then ran up the stair back under the balcony with the armored shotgun guys chasing me and picked them off from a distance and used grenades.

Grabbed the Hammer and killed all the guys who bust through the door in 2 shots.

Seemed rather reckless but it was really easy that way, even on Crushing

[quote name='bearhawk72']1. I just hid in the open slot the crate leaves when it falls out. took a few tries but you are safe in there 95% of the time he starts shooting. Only if the crate slides and closes the gap and the brute is at the perfect angle out in front can some of his shots hit you.

2. Thats how I did it on hard, but on Crushing I couldn't get it to work. Out of frustration I stealth killed 3 guys, grabbed a shotgun, ran around shooting from the hip nailing all the non armored guys, then ran up the stair back under the balcony with the armored shotgun guys chasing me and picked them off from a distance and used grenades.

Grabbed the Hammer and killed all the guys who bust through the door in 2 shots.

Seemed rather reckless but it was really easy that way, even on Crushing[/QUOTE]

For #1, I did what you said on Hard, but I couldn't get the trick to work on Crushing. Somehow the Heavy was smart enough to shoot me :whistle2:( I just ran around and play cat and mouse with the Heavy until he suffered enough damage from my bullets or grenades from other dudes. I think eventually he got crushed by the crate. Once you pick up his gun (P80?) you can kill all of the rest with ease.

For #2, knowing the waves of enemy is the key. Yes, after picking off the snipers on the balcony, use grenade or the hammer to kill those guys entering the door on the left (check point comes right after them, so don't die!).

I guess they got smart for not including cheats like in UC2, like unlimited ammo :) I finished UC2 on Crushing using the unlimited ammo cheat. I know it's not honorable, but what's honor among thieves anyway :)

I cannot stress the beauty of UC3 in 3D enough, the sand/water/fire is gorgeous!

Well I just got my platinum for U3. Overall I think it was much easier than U1. (Have not achieved platinum for U2 yet). I actually thought Crushing was less difficult than my first play through (or maybe not as hard as I anticipated) because I knew what to expect from the 1st playthrough. For instance I remember playing the cruise ship ballroom/dining room level many times the first playthrough but when I played with crushing difficulty, I just stayed back and killed the guys on the ground before getting the guys on the balcony.

I hate the "lost in the desert" chapter... just seems pointless (especially the second time when I was trying to get the platinum).

Also got very tired with everything falling apart everytime Nathan touches it. The first couple of times it adds drama and tension but then gets very old.

Love the interactions between Nathan, Sully, Elena, Cutter and Chloe... but really Chloe bows out halfway through the game... that didn't seem in character for her.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Well I just got my platinum for U3. Overall I think it was much easier than U1. (Have not achieved platinum for U2 yet). I actually thought Crushing was less difficult than my first play through (or maybe not as hard as I anticipated) because I knew what to expect from the 1st playthrough. For instance I remember playing the cruise ship ballroom/dining room level many times the first playthrough but when I played with crushing difficulty, I just stayed back and killed the guys on the ground before getting the guys on the balcony.

I hate the "lost in the desert" chapter... just seems pointless (especially the second time when I was trying to get the platinum).

Also got very tired with everything falling apart everytime Nathan touches it. The first couple of times it adds drama and tension but then gets very old.

Love the interactions between Nathan, Sully, Elena, Cutter and Chloe... but really Chloe bows out halfway through the game... that didn't seem in character for her.[/QUOTE]

its kinda funny how many things repeat like that in the game ( ground breaking under him, squeezing through tights spaces ) i wasnt sure if i was noticing it so much playing u3 because they did it more or if they did it alot in u2 but it was less obvious.

glad they apparently fixed the mp though btw i read they fixed the aiming in sp has anyone tried it and noticed the difference? if so i may try to plat this once my copy arrives but if not ill just stick with mp.

I was one of the biggest in a tizzy for the aiming update. But, they took so damn long that I moved onto other games (and shelved U3 for a while).

So, until I'm done with Zelda...I'm not playing U3. I hope that patch for aiming works; I haven't even read up on if it's a good fix or not.

I'm getting annoyed that easy/normal treasures drop on hard/crushing because I have found not 1 hard/crushing treasure while playing hard co-op only easy/normal ones.One time 5 treasures dropped, all were the same easy/normal treasure

[quote name='bearhawk72']I'm getting annoyed that easy/normal treasures drop on hard/crushing because I have found not 1 hard/crushing treasure while playing hard co-op only easy/normal ones.One time 5 treasures dropped, all were the same easy/normal treasure[/QUOTE]

True Story: Co-Op Arena... Master Chef (Three opponents killed by 1 propane tank), all three drop treasure, all three drop the same treasure.... :roll:

bread's done
Back