UNOFFICIAL Game Rush Trade in Value of games thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgb0607

CAG Veteran
I figured we should have a thread for this as there seems to be some prices scattered around this site.

Here's what I got for some Xbox games on 6/20:

Mechassualt - $8
Blood Wake - $7
Time Splitters - $8
GTA 3/4 - $25
Indiana Jones- $3
Freedom Fighters- $8
Armed and Dang - $12
Riddick- $35

The Trade 2 games, Get a Pre-owned game for $9.99 deal has been over for a while now. Sorry.

Anyone know what Corvette (PS2) gets? I thought a while back someone said the XBOX version got $20 something. The PS2 version is $10 at CC. Thanks for any info.

I have 2 Unreal 2 XB's left that I just could not get to the store to trade in despite my best efforts. I can return them to CC so no big deal but I am wondering...is there any chance the price won't drop first thing tomorrow morning, or at all tomorrow? Like is it something already programmed in and it takes effect when the stores open? If you are a BB/GR employee and maybe have experience with this please let me know. Thanks.

Traded in these four today (Mon), prices are before the $5 extra

Xbox Unreal II : $25
Xbox I-Ninja : $7
PS2 Spawn : $8
PS2 Wallace & Gromit : $7

[quote name='Chuckiefresh']
Batman: Rise of Tzu (gamecube) $22
[/quote]

Whoa, this is currently $10 at CC. Does it make any difference if its the limited lithograph edition?
Also anyone know the trade-in value of Xbox Silent Scope Complete?

I need to hit GR as well I have access to a few copies of Unreal 2, so if anyone gets a trade value for it first thing Tuesday morning I would be forever greatful!

If so, HELLO FREE MK:Deception!

I am going to call my gamerush tomorrow and see if they have updated the prices....if they haven't runnin to CC and pickin up the last two they have and getting another preorder!

I traded these in today:

UNreal 2 Xbox- $25
World Series Baseball Xbox- $5.00

I was surprosed the baseball was $5.00 it was the first one for Xbox its like a 3 year old Baseball game. $5.00 isn't too bad.

I called today and hobit was getting like 12-13.

All prices before the 5 dollar mark up

PS2
NBA shootout 1.50
NCAA final four 1.50
NFL QB club 1.50
Madden 2001, 2002 1.50
NHL 2001 1.50
NBA live 2001 1.50
Max payne 1.50
Clock Tower 3 3.00
ESPN NFL 2K4 10.00
Hot shots golf 3 8.00
Socom 2 8.00

xbox

Hitman Contracts 18.00
Dino crisis 3 10.00
Burnout 2 10.00

Anyreports yet about the credit value of Unreal 2 yet????

come on my cheap ass spies, we need the info. We have a new game out today we want for dirt cheap!

2copies of Unreal = $20

HOPEFUL value of each $25

Morkat Kmbat deception for grand total of $20

[quote name='jecclr']Anyreports yet about the credit value of Unreal 2 yet????

come on my cheap ass spies, we need the info. We have a new game out today we want for dirt cheap!

2copies of Unreal = $20

HOPEFUL value of each $25

Morkat Kmbat deception for grand total of $20[/quote]

For only 10 bucks more, you really should get the Kollector's Edition.

Trakan I've been thinking about that. MK1 on my Xbox sounds really fun right about now.

Such nostalgia.

Come on spies... give us an update! MK:Deception awaits!

Yeah, I should've got the Kollector edition also, but GameRush would NOT let you preorder it with the deal....I may try to wheel and deal when I get there, but I doubt it.

Also, is the $5 extra a YMMV type thing. I have a few games I want to trade in....

Def Jam:FFNY
Ghost Recon
Nascar 2001

Would I get $5 extra for all (even the ones that are dirt cheap)?

[quote name='dinovelvet'][quote name='Chuckiefresh']
Batman: Rise of Tzu (gamecube) $22
[/quote]

Whoa, this is currently $10 at CC. Does it make any difference if its the limited lithograph edition?
Also anyone know the trade-in value of Xbox Silent Scope Complete?[/quote]

Silent Scope complete was $12 a week or so ago.

Just called and the Unreal 2 was down to 15.50. So I'm going to return the 2 I have to the store. For around $5 extra credit earned it's not really worth it at blockbuster with their high prices. Better to get my cash back from CC.

The dirt cheap games, I had traded in NFL Fever 2004 and the girl told me that she couldn't give me $5 additional since it would exceed the price the would be selling it for. All my other trade ins got the $5 additional.

[quote name='jshorr']Just called and the Unreal 2 was down to 15.50. So I'm going to return the 2 I have to the store. For around $5 extra credit earned it's not really worth it at blockbuster with their high prices. Better to get my cash back from CC.[/quote]

I think it's worth it if you trade in 3 games and get the extra $5 (if they will add it on) or with the PreOrder (trade 2 get $20 off deal)....you basically would get a NEW game for $20

[quote name='doubledown'][quote name='jshorr']Just called and the Unreal 2 was down to 15.50. So I'm going to return the 2 I have to the store. For around $5 extra credit earned it's not really worth it at blockbuster with their high prices. Better to get my cash back from CC.[/quote]

I think it's worth it if you trade in 3 games and get the extra $5 (if they will add it on) or with the PreOrder (trade 2 get $20 off deal)....you basically would get a NEW game for $20[/quote]

Maybe but GR is not convenient to me, I have been doing my trades at blockbusters....so no preorder deal and no $5 extra = not worth it :)

Has anyone picked up MK:Deception Kollector's edition from GR yet? I've read on other message boards that it's been delayed a day or two? I'm on the west coast and they're not open yet. Supposedly EB and GS recieved limited quantities because the second disc wasn't packaged in most of the copies! Way to go Midway!!

Now that Hobbit and Unreal 2 are seemingly done please someone post next time they see an inflated trade-in price :)

I am not positive but Army Men: Sarge's War for Gamecube might be worth good bucks. Someone said it nets $25....anyone wanna call?

To the guy who asking about Batman: Rise of Tzu, it was the lithograph addition that I received $22 for yesterday. I received another $5 on it for trading 3 games in at a time. Total $27 for Batman. I noticed someone posted they got $18 for it, I double checked my receipt and I definitely got $22, guess that price may be a YMMV (your mileage may vary).

I bought the lithograph version of Batman with the cardboard box packaging. Once I opened it I saw that it has a regular gamecube plastic case in there. I just trashed the box, along with the little poster it had and traded in the game with the plastic case for $22.

I called today and hobit was getting like 12-13.

That's odd, I traded in the gamecube version of the Hobbit for $25 the same day. I traded in a PS2 version of the Hobbit last week for $12 though. I guess they either quoted you a price on the xbox/ps2 version or the price on the gamecube version is a YMMV.

Has anyone tried trading in a gamecube version of the Hobbit yet today? Just want definite confirmation to see if it took a price hit like Unreal 2.

I traded in the Hobbit today for GameCube and it netted $20. A drop of only 5. So the trade 3 for $5 deal would bumb it to its original price,if you wanna look at it that way :)

Does anybody know how much Shadow Hearts: Covenant is worth? I got a review copy of it and I've simply got way too many games to play right now, so as soon as I'm done with this review I'm gonna be trading it in.

[quote name='Rabidmuskrat']Does anybody know how much Shadow Hearts: Covenant is worth? I got a review copy of it and I've simply got way too many games to play right now, so as soon as I'm done with this review I'm gonna be trading it in.[/quote]

My guess would be $35 that seems to be their highest value. You should consider selling or trading it on here as you'd likely get more out of it that way.

I got $5 for evo 4x4 2 for gc and a whopping $5 for Dragon Rage for ps2 and $1.50 for Activision greatest hits (this is the auctal trade in value, i walked out of the store with burnout 3 for no money out of pocket after using the "trade 3 get any used for $10" from OXM )

I just called Gamerush, and this is what they told me for the prices on the games we all love to trade in:

Hobbit (GC): $20
Unreal II: $15.50
Batman Rise of Sin Tzu: $18

Not as much of a drop as I thought there would be.

[quote name='jshorr']Now that Hobbit and Unreal 2 are seemingly done please someone post next time they see an inflated trade-in price :)[/quote]

yep, someone pls post a terrific find... =D
with the feud I have with my local GR manager, I would love to load up my credits at GR just to piss her off...

[quote name='gokou1628'][quote name='jshorr']Now that Hobbit and Unreal 2 are seemingly done please someone post next time they see an inflated trade-in price :)[/quote]

yep, someone pls post a terrific find... =D
with the feud I have with my local GR manager, I would love to load up my credits at GR just to piss her off...[/quote]

Why? That seems kind of petty, as well as counterproductive.

well, I picked up MK: Deception yesterday and traded in these:

Nascar 2001 (Ps2) $3
Ghost Recon (1st one...XBOX) $8
Def Jam:FFNY (XBOX) $35

All of them had $5 added to it. Got $61 in credit....bringing my total to about $150 in credit on my card. What to buy next :)

There is a "extra $10 store credit when you trade in 1 game" coupon floating around at Blockbuster stores without a gamerush expansion.

[quote name='jetblac']There is a "extra $10 store credit when you trade in 1 game" coupon floating around at Blockbuster stores without a gamerush expansion.[/quote]

I actually had one of these for GameRush....got an extra $10. They also had a $10 off coupon for any NEW game. Used it to get SW:Battlefront cheap after all my trade-ins.

These coupons were mailed to houses....so it's YMMV for sure. My parents actually got it....I was hoping I wuold get one at my house too.

[quote name='Calico']Was that the Kollector's edition? My gamerush still hasn't gotten it in yet.[/quote]

Neither has mine, I hope they actually do get them. Otherwise I'll make sure to never pre-order at GR again.

[quote name='Calico']Was that the Kollector's edition? My gamerush still hasn't gotten it in yet.[/quote]

Just the normal edition....I couldn't get the KE because of the trade in 2 for $30 deal....oh well

Does the new OXM with the Area 51 demo have coupons in it? Or can someone tell me which month of which magazine has some good coupons in it? Cause I don't wanna spend 17.00$ on magazines lol.

[quote name='ramprider0']Does the new OXM with the Area 51 demo have coupons in it? Or can someone tell me which month of which magazine has some good coupons in it? Cause I don't wanna spend 17.00$ on magazines lol.[/quote]

Mine did. It had 3 of em. They all had to do with trade-ins for discounts on pre-owned. It was like trade 2 get PO for $10, trade 5 get PO for $1, and trade 3 get PO for $5 (this is totally off memory...but you get the idea).

Trade-ins have to be XB, GC, PS2 (no PSX games can be used with this)

Expires 11/30/04

I don't know if you can buy these in the stores but my subscriptions in

NOVEMBER of

OXM
PSM
EGM
Gamepro all had the 3 gamerush coupon ad

if anyone finds a store that carries the mag with the coupon let us know :)

Those of you trading in GBA titles, do you have to provide the original box. I was rejected and told I needed the box because they could not resell them any other way.

[quote name='stoned99']Those of you trading in GBA titles, do you have to provide the original box. I was rejected and told I needed the box because they could not resell them any other way.[/quote]

Like most things, YMMV depending on manager/store. I've traded in many cart only...

NFL Fever 2003 for Xbox is worth $3, which is exactly how much it costs at EBGames.
I've checked everywhere for EGM or Gamepro issues with the coupon, but only my subscription issues had the coupons. Some different Blockbuster coupon on the issues in stores.

I was just at GameRush today (Arcadia, CA) and they had mailed me a coupon a week ago "Trade in any game and get $20 off new game $39.99 or up". It was one of those 6"x11" promotional card not found in stores. So I traded in Space Channel 5: SE and they gave me $20 credit for it (perhaps down from $25 in the previous week, not sure). So I bought MK: Deception Kollector's Ed for PS2 (They had them in stock as of Oct 6) and I just had to pay $23.xx for the difference.

I am just looking here thinking... "if only I didn't go to game rush yesterday.... My car wouldn't have been totaled"
Anybody know of any coupons off a new car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back