UNOFFICIAL Game Rush Trade in Value of games thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgb0607

CAG Veteran
I figured we should have a thread for this as there seems to be some prices scattered around this site.

Here's what I got for some Xbox games on 6/20:

Mechassualt - $8
Blood Wake - $7
Time Splitters - $8
GTA 3/4 - $25
Indiana Jones- $3
Freedom Fighters- $8
Armed and Dang - $12
Riddick- $35

[quote name='Snowcone']It does as of yesterday and yes it is a 2 disc set. I have 4 copies left. Target was selling them new for $9.96 last week.[/quote]if you don't mind me asking, at which target? the targets on this side of town don't carry it and I don't think they every stocked it(or at least the two I checked). :?

[quote name='sanjuro'][quote name='Snowcone']It does as of yesterday and yes it is a 2 disc set. I have 4 copies left. Target was selling them new for $9.96 last week.[/quote]if you don't mind me asking, at which target? the targets on this side of town don't carry it and I don't think they every stocked it(or at least the two I checked). :?[/quote]

At that price I think it's a clearence item so it would probably a YMMV situation where there would be many Targets that don't have it. Last I checked though it was also pretty cheap at CC.

[quote name='sanjuro'][quote name='Snowcone']It does as of yesterday and yes it is a 2 disc set. I have 4 copies left. Target was selling them new for $9.96 last week.[/quote]if you don't mind me asking, at which target? the targets on this side of town don't carry it and I don't think they every stocked it(or at least the two I checked). :?[/quote]

Target Cedar Hill Texas had 5 copies of Space Channel 5 SE, not sure on price but it was with the 19.99$ and under section, I saw it for 14.99$ on their website so was too lazy to get a price sorry just thought it would be same instore as website.

Traded in 2 more Hobbit's today. I went to a blockbuster that had a particularly shabby game section except for rentals. They had about 6 preowned games per system. I wanted to buy a new copy of Burnout 3 with my credit and they didn't seem to have a new games section. I asked the cashier who took my trade, he was nice but told me that Blockbuster stores don't sell many new video games, just rentals and preowned games. I was sort of amused by that but it's not his fault...I guess....picked up Burnout 3 at a different blockbuster 10 minutes later :)

thanks drfrielgood. i'm an idiot... it's VF4 Evolution that i have not just VF4, so if anyone knows how much that is, thanks.

I picked up my copies at the Target at Bandera and 1604, but they were on clearance at the endcap of one of the registers. Same type of thing they do for clearance DVDs.

Traded in a couple more today and pre-ordered Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

Starwars :Battlefront (xbox) - $35
Goblin Commander (xbox)- $10

I got this much for the following games (this is whats on my receipt so the +5 dollars is already factored in)

megaman x7 (ps2) 18.00

time splitters 2 (xbox) 12.00

rayman 3 (xbox) 18.00

half life (ps2) 12.00

I've seen two different postings for Unreal 2 f/ X-box. One was $25 and one was $30. Has anybody traded one in recently? I bought two Unreal 2's today for trade f/ CC and was hoping to get a good trade in for them.

I left four at the Alpine CC for other CAGS to pick up if need be! :)

Gladius(xb) dropped in value, on my receipt it said $8 I don't know if that was after $5 or not but I did trade in 3 games. He gave me an extra 5 on my account anyway because he thought it didn't add it so I didn't ask!!

Traded in today:

Hobbit (Gc) - 25
Sonic Mega Collection (Gc) - 7
Dead or Alive 3 (Xb) - 5
Gunvalkyrie (Xb) - 3
Panzer Dragoon (Xb) - 7
Crimson Sea (Xb) - 8
Unreal 2 (Xb) - 25
Espn 2K5 (Xb)- 10

When does the Game Rush trade 3 get $5 extra end?

I haven't had a chance to check it out but will pobably go tomorrow. Hopefully that's not too late.

Thanks

[quote name='Yeahman']When does the Game Rush trade 3 get $5 extra end?

I haven't had a chance to check it out but will pobably go tomorrow. Hopefully that's not too late.

Thanks[/quote]

I'm sure it'll be around for at least another month.

does the hobbit for GCN still fetch 25 bucks at GR? I called in my GR today and the manager said it's only for 13 bucks now... this is a Arcadia, CA GR...

I got 25 again for Hobbit yesterday....hopefully if they told you 13 they looked up PS2 or Xbox instead....

Any news on Def Jam:FFNY yet? I just beat it and see no replay value in it....I may check CC for 2 other games to trade in along with it

[quote name='doubledown']Any news on Def Jam:FFNY yet? I just beat it and see no replay value in it....I may check CC for 2 other games to trade in along with it[/quote]

Why don't you call????!?

[quote name='pfunkpearl'][quote name='doubledown']Any news on Def Jam:FFNY yet? I just beat it and see no replay value in it....I may check CC for 2 other games to trade in along with it[/quote]

Why don't you call????!?[/quote]

That would require effort on my part.....and talking to people ;)

Actually, the last time I called...they knew nothing and said "Will you call back in two hours"

So why not call when they open? The only thing that suck about this for me, is the fact that I have to drive an hour just to go to the closest gamerush. Talk about a pain in the ass. But atleast it'll be after the morning rush, and even sweeter with some hobbit and unreall 2 luck.

[quote name='doubledown'][quote name='pfunkpearl'][quote name='doubledown']Any news on Def Jam:FFNY yet? I just beat it and see no replay value in it....I may check CC for 2 other games to trade in along with it[/quote]

Actually, the last time I called...they knew nothing and said "Will you call back in two hours"[/quote]

When is the next time you are picking up a preorder? Just bring the game along and have them scan it. I might be mistaken, but didn't you were getting MK:D? If not I will find the trade in price for you when i pickup my preorder on tuesday.

[quote name='Calico'][quote name='doubledown'][quote name='pfunkpearl'][quote name='doubledown']Any news on Def Jam:FFNY yet? I just beat it and see no replay value in it....I may check CC for 2 other games to trade in along with it[/quote]

Actually, the last time I called...they knew nothing and said "Will you call back in two hours"[/quote]

When is the next time you are picking up a preorder? Just bring the game along and have them scan it. I might be mistaken, but didn't you were getting MK:D? If not I will find the trade in price for you when i pickup my preorder on tuesday.[/quote]

Yep, that was my plan....just curious if anyone knew offhand. I am getting MK:D....you know too much ;)

I may trade it in sooner also....try to find some cheap CC games to go with it so I can get a $5 bonus :)

Values as of last night....

Star Wars Bounty Hunter PS2 - $5.
Robin Hood Defener of my butt PS2- $22.
Space Channel 5 SE (2 disc set) PS2- $25.

I also received an additional $5 per title.

This is my first trade since using this sites information.... (in my best Cartman voice) "I love you guys."

Def Jam is worth $35

Some games I traded in last night:
All prices BEFORE the $5 bonus

Sphinx = $1.50
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun = $8
Splinter Cell = $7
Sly Cooper = $8

I dont understand why u get the tax back on those games. My total came out to $48.34 w/ the bonus and tax on those 4 games. Thats just crazy.

Here's a tip I was told by a GR manager

If you're bringing in wrapped games, like I was, it's better to open them up first according to the manager I spoke with. She said it looks less suspicious to them if they're opened. I brought in 6 games to trade straight from CC and she stopped the whole trade process to call some other higher up manager to see if it was ok to take these wrapped games. He told her ok because I wasn't on some kind of "hold" list. Then she told me that wrapped games are a problem because they don't know if it's an empty box or if the games were stolen or blah,blah,blah... anyway, she said her advice was to just open them before you bring them in. This was in the San Bernardino/Redlands area. Btw, she opened them up during the whole transaction.

[quote name='eraser813']Here's a tip I was told by a GR manager

If you're bringing in wrapped games, like I was, it's better to open them up first according to the manager I spoke with. She said it looks less suspicious to them if they're opened. I brought in 6 games to trade straight from CC and she stopped the whole trade process to call some other higher up manager to see if it was ok to take these wrapped games. He told her ok because I wasn't on some kind of "hold" list. Then she told me that wrapped games are a problem because they don't know if it's an empty box or if the games were stolen or blah,blah,blah... anyway, she said her advice was to just open them before you bring them in. This was in the San Bernardino/Redlands area. Btw, she opened them up during the whole transaction.[/quote]

It's best not to make it obvious that you are buying the games at other places for less new.

XBOX - Hitman 2 $7
XBOX - Indiana Jones $3
XBOX - NBA JAM 2004 $5
XBOX - Rouge Ops $1.50
XBOX - XIII $7
XBOX - Sphinix $1.50
PS2 - Headhunter $3
PS2 - Activision Anthology $8
PS2 - Champions of Norrath $7
PS2 - Unreal Tournament $5
PS2 - Tomb Raider $3
PS2 - Guilty Gear X $8
PS2 - Half Life $7
PS2 - Herdy Gerdy $5
PS2 - Whiplash $8
PS2 - Oni $1.50
PS2 - Chaos Legion $8

October 11, according to their signs.

[quote name='Yeahman']When does the Game Rush trade 3 get $5 extra end?
[/quote]

Heres what my games hauled in today (w/ the $5 per taken out)

Monster Rancher 2 GBA- $2
Dragon Ball Z Goku 1 GBA- $5
Madden NFL 2004 GBA- $9
Harry Potter 1 GBA- $5
Ultimate Muscle GBA- $1.50
Swat XBox- $8
Hobbit PS2- $12
NBA 2004 PS2- $7
Starksy and Hutch PS2- $1.50
Red Dead Revolver PS2- $16
Windwaker- $18
Shenmue 2 XBox- $5

[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']what games give the highest trade in credit?

what is drake at now? hobbit?[/quote]
Unreal 2 for xbox is $25

[quote name='jshorr']I got 25 again for Hobbit yesterday....hopefully if they told you 13 they looked up PS2 or Xbox instead....[/quote]

nah, it's confirmed at my Arcadia, CA, GR... when I wanted to ask again about the hobbit for GCN's trade in price, the manager basically got pissed off and started to say we (she didn't mentioned CAG...) trade in too many hobbits and got from other places cheap to earn a profit, and that's abusing the system (according to that manager) and this is why they were told to bring the price down because they report all calls asking about the trade in prices and the volume of copies that were trade in. And she was like asking for my name and stuff, funny shit, it wasn't a good 5 mins phone conversation at all... she wasn't nice throughout the call, just kept complaining how we ppl abuse the system and shit... I think I'm going to complain to the corporate about her, regardless if they'll do anything to her or not...

anyways, sorry for the long ass post, was pissed off when I was talking to her too... =/

[quote name='pfunkpearl'][quote name='Mind_n_Soul']what games give the highest trade in credit?

what is drake at now? hobbit?[/quote]
Unreal 2 for xbox is $25[/quote]

Really? You can buy it from several sites for like 12

[quote name='gokou1628'][quote name='jshorr']I got 25 again for Hobbit yesterday....hopefully if they told you 13 they looked up PS2 or Xbox instead....[/quote]

nah, it's confirmed at my Arcadia, CA, GR... when I wanted to ask again about the hobbit for GCN's trade in price, the manager basically got pissed off and started to say we (she didn't mentioned CAG...) trade in too many hobbits and got from other places cheap to earn a profit, and that's abusing the system (according to that manager) and this is why they were told to bring the price down because they report all calls asking about the trade in prices and the volume of copies that were trade in. And she was like asking for my name and stuff, funny shit, it wasn't a good 5 mins phone conversation at all... she wasn't nice throughout the call, just kept complaining how we ppl abuse the system and shit... I think I'm going to complain to the corporate about her, regardless if they'll do anything to her or not...

anyways, sorry for the long ass post, was pissed off when I was talking to her too... =/[/quote]

That sucks, same thing happened to me at a gamerush near me one time. The store has every right to refuse a trade but no right to harass or lecture you, or insinuate you are doing anything wrong. I lodged a complaint against the manager but by the time the regional supervisor got back to me she was no longer working there for whatever reason.

I did trade in a Hobbit GC yesterday though for 25 still. Has anyone heard anything about this dropping.....I'm not sure if people are abusing this as badly as drake, because drake was so cheap and so available...i've done a few hobbits but they were pretty hard to find. I think SOME people who bought hobbit for 9.99 at CC actually wanted to play it.

I'm still buying and selling old sports games, 2-3$ each and sell them for 6.50 (after 5$ bonus), typical 35$ profit each time. You can grab a ton off ebgames.com for 25% off (pplay15 and your gamersedge card). I'm also using the trade 4 get any game for 5$ coupons (in EGM) to get the 35$+ used games for free (well 8-10$ for the crappy sports games I bought). I think I'm up about 400$ at this point :)

I wheeled and dealed last week with GameRush and got a refurbished Xbox for $47 total with the S-Controller. Am really happy with that deal.
All pre-2004 sports games are $1.50 I believe (Positive that MS NBA games-pre 2k4 and Madden pre 2k4 are 1.50)
Ready 2 Rumble for PS1 is $1.00
Triple Play 2000 for PS1 is worth $2.00
Spliter Cell:pT for PS2 is worth $22 now

[quote name='jshorr'] I did trade in a Hobbit GC yesterday though for 25 still. Has anyone heard anything about this dropping.....I'm not sure if people are abusing this as badly as drake, because drake was so cheap and so available...i've done a few hobbits but they were pretty hard to find. I think SOME people who bought hobbit for 9.99 at CC actually wanted to play it.[/quote]

yea, I do believed you, and lucky for you... o wellz, at least I made my share of profit trading in a bunch of unreal 2's and hobbits for ps2 (profit wasn't as great as the GCN version, of course). I bet that manager who had problems with you probably quit working or got fired... I already filed my complaint and I hope she'll be gone the next time I go pick up my PO of GT4...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back