[UPDATE] Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint - $29.99 [3/13/11]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint

• 4 Classic Mario Games
  • Super Mario History soundtrack CD
  • Super Mario History booklet featuring original art and interviews

Retailers

Amazon - Available in stock
Best Buy - Available in stock
Gamestop (gamestop.com/wii/games/super-mario-all-stars-limited-edition/87690) - Available in stock
Toys R' Us - Available in stock

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep checking this hoping for someone to say OMG AMAZON HAS IT NOW!!!!1111....You should all stop posting until that time =P

[quote name='Blade']Refer to: http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/03/20/mf.rich.off.video.games/index.html

:roll:

Oh, and maybe you should brush up on what a 401(k) is.[/QUOTE]

1) Eh sure, but I argue those are exceptions to the rule, not the standard. Something as popular of an IP like Mario is not going to become rare. Maybe uncommon and go for more than the MSRP issued, but beyond that no.

2) It's called an expression, if I have to be so literal and explicit... that only entails the person reading it is incapable of understanding underlying meanings and symbolic language.

Or that you feel offended, for some reason. Which is just silly. I don't think either assumption is necessary though. ;)

Haha, that article shows 8 games out of the hundreds of thousands released, and now investing in video games is a smart idea?

Dumbasses.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Haha, that article shows 8 games out of the hundreds of thousands released, and now investing in video games is a smart idea?

Dumbasses.[/QUOTE]

I would hope no one here thinks videogames are better long-term investments than stocks and bonds, but sadly, it wouldn't surprise me.

You could make a fair profit selling any one of those eight games, if you were ever able to find one for less than market value. But you're not going to do that regularly, that's for sure.

you guys are doind something wrong if you think investing in games is bad(the right way, not paying MSRP for everything like you all do).

sorry but youre all just mad that all the games you buy drop in price(youre not smart shoppers).

every game i buy goes up in value(unless im buying it to flip).

just gotta be smart.

*deletes subscriptions before the trolls/flammers come*

[quote name='StripesOrBars']you guys are doind something wrong if you think investing in games is bad(the right way, not paying MSRP for everything like you all do).

sorry but youre all just mad that all the games you buy drop in price(youre not smart shoppers).

just gotta be smart.

*deletes subscriptions before the trolls/flammers come*[/QUOTE]

this is the internet. if someone was really offended, theyd come to your house and glitter gun you.

anyways, sold my first copy. and reordered. thanks. although i dont know when im gonna get around to playing it :roll:

[quote name='StripesOrBars']

"every game i buy goes up in value(unless im buying it to flip).

just gotta be smart." [/QUOTE]

This is CAG, that's the game man.

GameStop B&M is taking pre-orders for the March 13th re-release. Last call to empty your inventory on eBay if you have any copies left.

Yesss, I wanted to get this as soon as it came out, but I put off buying it until they were out of stock everywhere. Will be preordering next time I go to Gamestop (I have a gift card for about $30, so yay!)

Eh, screw it. I'll just return the item at wal-mart and get a full refund. Even if I sell it for $50+ at eBay, the shipping costs and the fee to sell the item, make the earnings of the item more or less the same as when I bought the item.

[quote name='ROB64']Yesss, I wanted to get this as soon as it came out, but I put off buying it until they were out of stock everywhere. Will be preordering next time I go to Gamestop (I have a gift card for about $30, so yay!)[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't trust Gamestop. They probably will open it.

I don't know why this thread continues to exist, at least in this section. The item was only available for a few hours, if that, and was taken down. From then all, it's just been back and forth nonsense like the last smas thread

[quote name='lordopus99']Stadium Events was between 12000-41000, not averaging 41,000. Here is a PAL copy game only at $202 currently. http://cgi.ebay.com/Stadium-Events-...pt=US_Vintage_Video_Games&hash=item3364f48c67

Second, no game on the list or even close on the list is in the past 20 years. Current "Rare" games don't even top $200. Factor in that most paid 50-60 dollars it just isn't worth the hassle vs investing in stock. Buy video games to play them, not to try and resale them later for a profit.[/QUOTE]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&_trksid=m570&_nkw=250614235043&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

Only 2 years old and selling at about three times the price.

[quote name='XF Gator']This is CAG, that's the game man.

GameStop B&M is taking pre-orders for the March 13th re-release. Last call to empty your inventory on eBay if you have any copies left.[/QUOTE]

I got $50 for my copy the other day, so yeah, now's the time to sell this puppy.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']you guys are doind something wrong if you think investing in games is bad(the right way, not paying MSRP for everything like you all do).

just gotta be smart.

This is CHEAPassgamer man, nobody pays MSRP. People here buy the games after they drop in price or when there are very good sales. "investing" in games is a laughable concept at best. Where are you buying investment grade games so far below MSRP and getting a sustainable income selling them? Sure it might be impressive to flip a $10 game for $40 here and there, but at the end of the day that's just $30 and that doesn't go very far. You could get a similar return in comparison to buying and storing some of these "rare" games for 10 years just by investing in stocks with much less effort (ie. no driving around to stores, hassling other stores for trade ins, listing and shipping merchandise, etc.)

[quote name='Thrinn']Some modern Collector's Editions can get pretty pricey. Mass Effect CE goes for up to around $600 [/QUOTE]

???? huh

just gotta be smart.

How cheap do u get your games for? Even if u got it cheap and sold it. how much u making? Breaking even if lucky or $5 to $10 profit.
There are some games that are worth purchasing on release to just play and enjoy.
We need to support the makers that make the game.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Wow, that's a crazy price. I own a sealed copy of this too for collection purposes, but wow, makes me wonder how much it'll be worth in 10 years time.[/QUOTE]

ive seen multiple of these at my near gamestop. might end up picking them up, but i doubt they're complete

[quote name='mythus']ive seen multiple of these at my near gamestop. might end up picking them up, but i doubt they're complete[/QUOTE]

Opened copies go for a lot less.

Amusing - a mod must've deleted my post regarding videogames as long-term investments rather than stocks and bonds (from Feb 13th (yesterday), just after 12pm EST). Given the discussion in this thread, that seems a bit ridiculous.

If someone has a problem with my posts, shoot me a msg and we can discuss it.

[quote name='Vinny']Anybody else wondering why Amazon doesn't have this listed yet?[/QUOTE]

They make more on 3rd party commissions at $50 than they do by selling the game for $30 direct.

[quote name='waxHead']Amusing - a mod must've deleted my post regarding videogames as long-term investments rather than stocks and bonds (from Feb 13th (yesterday), just after 12pm EST). Given the discussion in this thread, that seems a bit ridiculous.

If someone has a problem with my posts, shoot me a msg and we can discuss it.[/QUOTE]

And yet the posts containing erroneous information about being able to retire if you find a single rare game, etc...are still around. Not sure what's going on here...

[quote name='bojay1997']And yet the posts containing erroneous information about being able to retire if you find a single rare game, etc...are still around. Not sure what's going on here...[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point ;)

I'll believe it when Amazon lists it. Then they can replace my copy with the fucked up box. I never opened it for that reason. I'm not selling it or keeping it sealed; I just require that my games purchased as new be in mint condition.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'll believe it when Amazon lists it. Then they can replace my copy with the ed up box. I never opened it for that reason. I'm not selling it or keeping it sealed; I just require that my games purchased as new be in mint condition.[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling. The guy at WalMart dropped and dented my personal copy on the tile when he was walking from the glass case to the register. He was carrying 5 copies, but there's still NO EXCUSE for doing that and acting like it was fine.

What was I going to do, not buy this $30 $70 game because it was dented now?

[quote name='miriamleo']I wish Nintendo just let it be rare as it is.
Or at least put some remarks on the box to say it is the 2nd run. That way Collectors will be happy. The people who didn't buy it the first run probably don't care about game value anyway.[/QUOTE]

fuck game value. That shit only gains "value" because assholes hoard them and try to sell there copies for 3X market value. Kudos to Nintendo for cutting profits for all the fucking hoarders out there.

[quote name='ssjmichael']they're just using TRU as the source, nothing really new there[/QUOTE]

It is kinda odd that only GS and TRU have it listed... while TRU is known for mislisting stuff, GameStop is usually pretty dead on. I think the fact that GS has it listed is good indication of there being reprint.

[quote name='neudog']fuck game value. That shit only gains "value" because assholes hoard them and try to sell there copies for 3X market value. Kudos to Nintendo for cutting profits for all the fucking hoarders out there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, cause Nintendo's sole reason for doing this is to screw hoarders. Has nothing to do with their bottom line or anything...

Just sold my extra copy for $50 over Craigslist. Some girl came and picked it up. Anyone else who has an extra i suggest selling it for $50 before the general public becomes aware.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah, cause Nintendo's sole reason for doing this is to screw hoarders. Has nothing to do with their bottom line or anything...[/QUOTE]

No shit SHERLOCK! Everyone knows why Nintendo is re-releasing, but it kills the fucking hoarding community. Glad you could add your two cents to state the obvious.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']This and the previous All Star thread has nothing but people bitching and moaning.....[/QUOTE]

It's cause it's Nintendo. People love to bitch about Nintendo.

And personally, I rather my personal copy be more valuable (Even if i never sell it) than worry about how a bunch of hoarders are gonna make out.

Nintendo created the atmosphere themselves by claiming to release a limited edition. They could have just released it as a "normal" game.

[quote name='XF Gator']I know the feeling. The guy at WalMart dropped and dented my personal copy on the tile when he was walking from the glass case to the register. He was carrying 5 copies, but there's still NO EXCUSE for doing that and acting like it was fine.

What was I going to do, not buy this $30 $70 game because it was dented now?[/QUOTE]

Man, that really does suck and I know how you feel. I'm picky when it comes to buying anything because once it gets in my hands it will be as new the whole time I own it because I take the best of care of my stuff. When I was picking out the 25th anniversary dsi at walmart the woman got me a crappy conditioned box so I got her to get me another one that was not much better either but I opened it anyways and the glued box lids suck for trying to collect. My 2 red wii's were carried out from the back in the cardboard box they shipped it (2 to a box) with the serial numbers on that box as well so I even kept that box with them. I'm glad to see this available again because I preordered 1 copy 1st time around and now have 2 more copies to come so I can have a copy for each of my 25th anniversary wii's which in the future will make them much more valuable I think. I may open the 3rd one to play but mostly to look at the artbook.

bread's done
Back