Updated 6/9 LIVE AGAIN:Nintendo Wii U 32gb mario & Luigi bundle [email protected]@Ebay

But can it run crysis?

JK, but in all seriousness, if you're in the market for a Wii U, be patient as there will be so many of these deals to clear inventory since i bet at E3 we will see a price drop

I wonder if they don't have that many this time... in the past you could buy up to 5 (maybe it was 10) but now it's one per account.

With other bundles on the horizon I'd bet they are clearing this out and as some else mentioned a price drop could happen soon too

But can it run crysis?

JK, but in all seriousness, if you're in the market for a Wii U, be patient as there will be so many of these deals to clear inventory since i bet at E3 we will see a price drop
At the very least, I'd expect to see the Mario Kart 8 bundle (with wheel + WiiMote + second free game) for $300 pretty regularly. I'm still pretty tempted by this bundle but trying to hold myself to waiting until at least E3 to see how things shake out industry-wide.

Last edited by a moderator:
But can it run crysis?

I said something similiar and somebody sent me a quote from Iwata saying there would not be a price cut for WiiU until March 2015. Which, if true, is obviously moronic as hell, especially if Nintendo doesn't have intel on Sony/MS E3 and holiday plans (they don't since I doubt even Sony/MS know their holiday plans at this point). It doesn't take an economic analysis to see that committing to hold a price for a year is a terribly stupid move, especially in the tech industry, and that goes double when you are failing to move product.

Then again, Nintendo lies like every other corporation that has ever existed, so I'm sure they'll lower the price anyways if they see fit.

Last edited:
I wonder if they don't have that many this time... in the past you could buy up to 5 (maybe it was 10) but now it's one per account.

With other bundles on the horizon I'd bet they are clearing this out and as some else mentioned a price drop could happen soon too
doubtful iwata already said earliest price drop would be march 2015, that no matter what he won't do another price drop this soon and he would ride it out. But instead if needed he would price cut the software. Which for instance is why the 3ds games got price drops not long ago. And also why they trying new stuff like the nintendo figures to interact with the wii u n 3ds like the skylanders do now

doubtful iwata already said earliest price drop would be march 2015, that no matter what he won't do another price drop this soon and he would ride it out. But instead if needed he would price cut the software. Which for instance is why the 3ds games got price drops not long ago. And also why they trying new stuff like the nintendo figures to interact with the wii u n 3ds like the skylanders do now
Wow...... this takes stupid to a whole 'nother level. Was Iwata smashed in the head with a coconut or something?

Don't get me wrong, I detest Nintendo's habit of locking software prices, and pulling half their games from the shelf rather than allowing a price cut or rerelease as a Player's Choice title (admittedly more of a problem on the handheld side, but still...). It's this same practice that has stopped me from purchasing any Disney film in years. I would love to see them lower the price of software as it ages just like everyone else does, but that doesn't mean a damn thing if the console itself doesn't move, and unless we are talking significant cuts to software prices (doubtful) I don't see that helping much.

Besides, software sales are their life blood, it would be far more advantageous to lower the cost of the console than the software.

And while on the topic I despise those Nintendo figurines too. I'd be willing to give Disney Infinity a shot if there was some app that could emulate the figurines or something, but I refuse to buy into anything with a cash grab of that nature. I guess I can't argue with the sales Skylanders/Disney Infinity have seen, but damn I hate to see this happen to our industry.

Last edited:
I say wait for E3 in 2 or 3 weeks. If for some reason, you can NEVER buy a 32 GB wii u  with NSMB again for 250, I will personally apologize to those who missed out on this deal :)

Seriously though, if you can get the mario kart bundle for 250-300, then that comes not only w mario kart but also a digital code for another wii u game, right? Or do you only get the code if you buy the game itself?

I say wait for E3 in 2 or 3 weeks. If for some reason, you can NEVER buy a 32 GB wii u with NSMB again for 250, I will personally apologize to those who missed out on this deal :)

Seriously though, if you can get the mario kart bundle for 250-300, then that comes not only w mario kart but also a digital code for another wii u game, right? Or do you only get the code if you buy the game itself?
The code is with the game itself, just have to register it on CN. Considering all the pre-order bonuses we've seen for the game itself, I don't think many would argue buying that bundle over either one you listed here is a better option. Especially if you are one of the gazillions who already own all the Wiimotes you'll need.

Last edited:
Now... I'm really tempted... I'm going to the US tomorrow, and I'll be there till the first days of June. (so I cant wait until E3 to buy a WiiU).

Wich one is a better deal? This one, or the one refurbished by Nintendo?

I'm planing to buy MK8 anyway.

Edit: Nevermind, taxes killed it for me (+ $19.37).

They said there would be no price drop last July and they had one 6 weeks later. Quoting execs from any of these companies, who's job is to seperate you from your money, is pretty pointless.

Bah, I have been waiting for this deal again but as always I am worried about pulling the trigger and you guys are certainly not helping!!

I want this for Mario Kart though and I just scored $413 in Target credit which I sold for $413 cash to a relative who shops at Target regularly haha 

Bah, I have been waiting for this deal again but as always I am worried about pulling the trigger and you guys are certainly not helping!!

I want this for Mario Kart though and I just scored $413 in Target credit which I sold for $413 cash to a relative who shops at Target regularly haha
The Mario Kart bundle would be the better deal for you then. Plus the free game would be much better than Luigi U.

The Mario Kart bundle would be the better deal for you then. Plus the free game would be much better than Luigi U.
The Mario Kart bundle is a terrible deal though...

$330 for that or $250 for this plus then $48 GCU Mario Kart at BB. That means I spend less and get more with this...

the free game comes with retail copies of mario kart 8 to not only with just the bundle so if he get the $250 and get in on the best buy preorder of the game $60($48 gcu) minus $10 gas= $50($38 gcu) for $290 to $300 for 4 games total: super mario wii u, super luigi u, mario kart 8, and a 4th game of his choice

My E3 prediction for this year is Nintendo announcing a new Wii U bundle that will come with a Pro Controller instead of a Gamepad and will therefore be cheaper. As much as I want to play Mario Kart, I can definitely hold off buying anything Wii U related until after June. 

My E3 prediction for this year is Nintendo announcing a new Wii U bundle that will come with a Pro Controller instead of a Gamepad and will therefore be cheaper. As much as I want to play Mario Kart, I can definitely hold off buying anything Wii U related until after June.
I broke. I have been waiting for a while to nab one and I have passed on this deal many times and now I am just going to bite.

In the end if Nintendo does do some changes I will have at most saved like $50.

For me I will drop $300 and have 4 games. I will take that.

Thanks OP.

I guess i'm taking the cost of the Remote Plus and wheel into account. Been looking at which bundle to get in addition to needing four Wiimotes. :whistle2:k

I guess i'm taking the cost of the Remote Plus and wheel into account. Been looking at which bundle to get in addition to needing four Wiimotes. :whistle2:k
The Mario and Luigi Plus remotes have been on sale countless times lately.

The wheel has no real value in my mind as I am sure is the case with almost every other CAG.

I guess since I have all the peripherals from the Wii still I am not even bothering about that. I was debating this or PS4 now and since I have all the extra stuff needed already for the Wii U and with a larger library of games at the moment Wii U won. Hopefully I can get a PS4 around the holiday season when more titles are out to make it worth my while.

I have 4 Mario Kart Wii wheels.  They're kind of a pain in the ass tbh because they take up a ton of space.  Unless you know people that specifically want to use those wheels, I think you're better off using the pro controller and gamepad.  Having a WiiMote with the bundle is worth at least $30 in my mind though.

Scenario 1:

Wii U

Mario Kart

Pikmin 3

Wiimote

wheel

total: $330

Scenario 2:

Wii U

NSMBU

NSLBU

Mario Kart

Pikmin 3

$10 gas card

total $310

IMO Scenario 2 is by far the winner here.  I mean, you buy game consoles to play games, not collect hunks of plastic.

Amazon is $33 for the controller.  So if you throw that in, you're only $10 over the cost of the MK8 bundle but you've got the gas card so basically it's the same price.  That means you're essentially trading the racing wheel for NSMBU + NSLBU.  Seems like a no-brainer to me.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-Remote-Plus-Black/dp/B0094X28J0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1400527883&sr=8-5&keywords=wii+controller

or for $12 more you can get another game.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-Remote-Plus-Black/dp/B0094X28J0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1400527883&sr=8-5&keywords=wii+controller

So how about this, even better if you want the WiiMote

Wii U, 5 games (NSMBU, NSLBU, MK8, Pikmin 3, Wii Party U), $10 gas card, WiiMote all for $356 or only $26 more than the cost of the MK8 bundle.  If you net out the cost of the gas card, you're getting it all for only $16 more. 

edit: Wow this is basically the cost of the console at launch 18 months ago.  Folks buying at launch probably shouldn't read these threads. :wall:

Okay, you convinced me. I just bought the New Super Mario bundle. :bow:

Now I have to figure out where to get Mario Kart 8 and four Remote Plus.

The one accessory I am interested in is the Pro controller.

I have the Wii Pro Controller but would much prefer the Wii U one now. I see it is $45 on Amazon and that appears to be the best deal. I will probably just hold out then until I can score one for ~ $30. Anyone know if that has happened at all yet?

The Mario Kart bundle is a terrible deal though...

$330 for that or $250 for this plus then $48 GCU Mario Kart at BB. That means I spend less and get more with this...
Unless you have no extra wiimotes or anything, I still can't imagine the Mario Kart bundle being the better deal. That really goes for everybody, even without GCU.

Last edited:
Not sure which would be a better deal for me. I want the Skylanders game eventually and it doesn't look like I'll be getting a PS4/Xbone anytime soon so I think Wii U is what I should get it on. Not too big of a Mario guy so the 32GB bundle doesn't appeal to me much, but I feel like I'd buy those two eventually. Do those two ever go on sale for a total of $50?

Also saw something before that someone was talking about related to digital purchases on the deluxe. Not sure what that was.

I would buy this except I got a 160 gift card from target from the trade in promotion which I was going to use towards the Mario Kart bundle :/

Not sure which would be a better deal for me. I want the Skylanders game eventually and it doesn't look like I'll be getting a PS4/Xbone anytime soon so I think Wii U is what I should get it on. Not too big of a Mario guy so the 32GB bundle doesn't appeal to me much, but I feel like I'd buy those two eventually. Do those two ever go on sale for a total of $50?

Also saw something before that someone was talking about related to digital purchases on the deluxe. Not sure what that was.
Cheapest Super Mario Wii U ever been is $39.99 back in may of 2013. it average about $50. and Super Luigi U lowest was $19.99 back in December of 2013 5 months ago and it averages about $27-$30. so for a total of $50 for both never ever have been.

Digital Promotion for the 32GB only is a program where you get 10% back on all digital purchases made through the Nintendo E-Shop on the Wii U. For Every 500 Points you earn you recieve a code worth $5 in credit to use to download digital games. So for every $50 worth of stuff you buy and download you get $5 Back.

The Program only lasts until December 31st of this year though.

You get am extra $5 credit for every $50 spent. I think it runs to the end of this year.
Oh. That's nice, but not for me. Looks like I'm buying 8gb. Thanks :)

Cheapest Super Mario Wii U ever been is $39.99 back in may of 2013. it average about $50. and Super Luigi U lowest was $19.99 back in December of 2013 5 months ago and it averages about $27-$30. so for a total of $50 for both never ever have been.

Digital Promotion for the 32GB only is a program where you get 10% back on all digital purchases made through the Nintendo E-Shop on the Wii U. For Every 500 Points you earn you recieve a code worth $5 in credit to use to download digital games. So for every $50 worth of stuff you buy and download you get $5 Back.

The Program only lasts until December 31st of this year though.
Thanks. Haven't been looking at Wii U game prices since I didn't really plan on getting one anytime soon. Mario Kart 8 promotion was too good to pass up since one of the only games I really wanted on it was Wind Waker HD. I think Luigi U is digital for $20 isn't it? I think I can spend a bit extra than the $50 if it means I can get Skylanders too. Not counting the extra memory and NintendoLand that the 32GB gives since both of those are useless to me. Don't plan on ever playing NintendoLand and I have a 1TB external I was planning to connect to the Wii U.

Edit: Oh I didn't realize it doesn't come with NintendoLand LOL

Shit. I just noticed on the 8GB Wii U it says Region Code: PAL.

Anyone know if this is true? I might as well get the 32GB then.

Shit. I just noticed on the 8GB Wii U it says Region Code: PAL.

Anyone know if this is true? I might as well get the 32GB then.
it shouldn't be more then likely a misprint on there part. Buy.com is a US Company wouldn't make sense for them to advertise this if it wouldn't work here since they sent it out in a advertisement email when I posted it and it ships from within the us. Buy.com is also known as Rakuten which is a California based company.

Can the Pro Controller replace the Wii remote/nunchuck completely? Motion sensor, and all?
not all games support the pro controller and no it will not do motion sensor. and the gamepad is also needed no matter what for every game even if just for a few minutes.

Yeah I was thinking it was just a misprint. Gonna get the 32gb one just to be safe though. Found a cheap set of swap force on eBay so it's all good. :)

Okay I figure it out how to take advantage of this deal and still utilize my target credit at the same time, I will buy this bundle, then use my 104 dollar target credit to buy Mario kart 8 and a wii remote plus to a grand total of 357 which is pretty much the same price as the Mario kart 8 bundle with tax.

Well, everyone has 4 days to figure it out- this is a part of eBay's 4 Day Sale. Some good stuff in there, actually

Well, everyone has 4 days to figure it out- this is a part of eBay's 4 Day Sale. Some good stuff in there, actually
Now if in that same four day time window eBay offered a bonus eBay bucks promotion... Unlikely, but that would be pretty sweet, as eBay bucks effectively makes this bundle even cheaper.

Now if in that same four day time window eBay offered a bonus eBay bucks promotion... Unlikely, but that would be pretty sweet, as eBay bucks effectively makes this bundle even cheaper.
Tell me more. I have a feeling there has to be a coupon or voucher- something out there to get this thing lower. This would be great at my gf's house...

Tell me more. I have a feeling there has to be a coupon or voucher- something out there to get this thing lower. This would be great at my gf's house...
Assuming the least information known, eBay bucks is a Paypal promotion that offers credit back towards future ebay purchases, issued every quarter. The more money you spend on Ebay, the more eBay bucks you get. The base percentage is roughly 2% of the purchase price (in this case $5).

If you use Bill Me Later, you get a roughly a 1% extra percentage point, which would work out to $7.50ish in eBay bucks. Currently these would be issued out on July 3rd (as the current quarter is April, May and June for earning), so a free $5-$7.50 to spend at that time.

Not exactly a direct savings, but if you were going to buy it anyways, it's good to consider. The "extra" promotion I'm talking about is sometimes eBay offers double or triple eBay bucks on purchases over a certain amount, but I doubt they would offer both at the same time (though we will see in these next few days).

TL;DR: eBay Bucks is funny money you earn per quarter and can spend later on with a voucher, good on anything on eBay. Roughly 2-3% of purchase price back on a voucher / coupon.

So Best Buy Rewards...but odder. 

I'll wait on it. I was bummed I missed it last time around....I wish Fatal Frame was out already. I'll settle for DreadOut...on PC.

So Best Buy Rewards...but odder.
Yeah, my interpretation of it is basically a pseudo match to cash back promotions from most credit card loyalty rewards programs, since Bill Me Later is essentially a credit program. Though you don't need to use Bill Me Later to get the bucks, just Paypal.

not gonna happen

I ordered today at like 2pm and it will be here tomorrow haha

It shipped from a warehouse like 20 minutes max from my apt. I could have picked it up faster!

bread's done
Back