Updated Full Review. TRU breaks street date. Just bought Xbox Live Vision Camera

[quote name='Wolve22']You know I have a feeling that a lot of people's custom gamer pictures will involve some kind of nakedness.
Definitely expect the 360s webcam to get smoked by the media about the possibilities and probabilities of having 12 year olds being sexually solicited during UNO or some kind of other game.[/QUOTE]
Fact is, people are wild on Xbox Live because of anonymity. Now that the camera is coming out, a bulk of the anonymity is destroyed: name + face.

Bold bastards won't invest in a cam. And if they do, it'll be them pulling an Eminem, flipping the camera off.

If one of these bold boys were to have a picture of their balls or ass, they'd be "gay" (in their homophobic minds)... and they don't want to be gay, now, do they?

[quote name='Brak']Make a custom gamer picture, fool.[/quote]

I created a custom personal picture. They do not replace the gamer picture, instead they show up instead of your gamer picture. However they do not show up online at all. They only people who can see it are individuals on my friends list or people currently playing against me...

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']wonder when the first strip show for marketplace points will be[/QUOTE]
can you even give someone points?

Went back this morning and there were only 4 left. Picked up 3 for Cager's so there was 1 left at the Kennesaw store around noon. M1C13 and Shipwreck were the first to request one so I will be PM'ing them in the near future. Figure $48 shipped should cover priority mail shipping. The third one I have set aside for CheapyD in case he wants to get one earlier to do a hands on review for the Cagcast. If he isn't interested I will sell it to cost + shipping to a Cager as well.

I can't believe someone has bid $100 already for one on ebay. Crazy...

[quote name='kjauburn']Went back this morning and there were only 4 left. Picked up 3 for Cager's so there was 1 left at the Kennesaw store around noon. M1C13 and Shipwreck were the first to request one so I will be PM'ing them in the near future. Figure $48 shipped should cover priority mail shipping. The third one I have set aside for CheapyD in case he wants to get one earlier to do a hands on review for the Cagcast. If he isn't interested I will sell it to cost + shipping to a Cager as well.

I can't believe someone has bid $100 already for one on ebay. Crazy...[/QUOTE]
I am forever in your debt.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Just had a friend call and tell me the TRU around here had some, so I am rushing out now to grab 'em. I will post pics when I get back![/QUOTE]
PICK ME UP ONE!

[quote name='kjauburn']Went back this morning and there were only 4 left. Picked up 3 for Cager's so there was 1 left at the Kennesaw store around noon. M1C13 and Shipwreck were the first to request one so I will be PM'ing them in the near future. Figure $48 shipped should cover priority mail shipping. The third one I have set aside for CheapyD in case he wants to get one earlier to do a hands on review for the Cagcast. If he isn't interested I will sell it to cost + shipping to a Cager as well.[/quote]Wow, you're a great guy. I certainly wouldn't blame you if you sold one or two on ebay, or sold it for $60 on here or at least be paid for the effort it took to get them. Thanks for helping out others.

$40 for the camera isn't really a spectacular price, though. I already have two headsets (although they're both kind of messed up), bought UNO a few weeks ago, and I'll have XBL for the rest of the year. Maybe if I see it for $25 I'll pick it up, but I'm not willing to spend a whole lot of money on something I probally won't use too often. It would be cool to have it early so people would freak out when they see me moving around.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Just had a friend call and tell me the TRU around here had some, so I am rushing out now to grab 'em. I will post pics when I get back![/quote]
i'll pay for one

and if anyone has a spare uno code from these things and would be willing to give it to a fellow CAG, please PM me

thanks

hey KJauburn add a pic of the the other three you picked up. also accept my friend request when you get a chance I want to see your gamerpic on live.

[quote name='M1C13']hey KJauburn add a pic of the the other three you picked up. also accept my friend request when you get a chance I want to see your gamerpic on live.[/quote]

Maybe I should just make my custom picture be a shot of the other 3 cameras ;)

King of Prussia, PA doesn't have any. Guy said I was the third person to call and ask.

Mehhhh I think Im going to just wait a month. Far Cry, Dead Rising, Madden and Saints row are going to keep me busy enough ;)

And KJ is an all star CAG for picking those up for others, when he could easily flip them for double the amount on eBay.

[quote name='kjauburn']Maybe I should just make my custom picture be a shot of the other 3 cameras ;)[/QUOTE]
Good idea. I'm sure everyone on your friends list would hate you even more, 1. for you having a camera a month early 2. for you having 4 cameras a month early.

Just found two at my local TRU. They put them aside for me and I'll pick them up now. I'll be willing to trade on with you guys for a game and I'll give mine a try and if I don't like it I'll be happy to trade it as well.

This thing is awesome, so many things you can do with it and tons of effects. I even changed my gamerpic (which is a little hard to get a good one because of it's size). I also like how I can get in a video chat with someone who doesn't have a mic. As far as the pic quality goes, so far I have only tried it in a brightly lit room and there is no sun whatsoever so everything is somewhat pale, but I bet it will be even better at night. Well worth the price tag. Brak, you're the first post I saw, you still interested in one?

[quote name='theeipi']i'd be interested in one if anyone has one.
none in the poughkeepsie, TRU[/quote]
Also none in Middletown, Nanuet, Danbury or Yorktown Heights which pretty much covers most of middle New York, Connecticut

If anyone can obtain one for me, I'll be willing to trade, give payment plus other things and such, and you'll have you're payment all in less than a day's time.

Yeah I requested one earlier (1st or 2nd page) and I just wanted to repost that I am still in need of one. I am looking around and if I find some I will buy a few so I can ebay one (to make back the money I spent on mine) and one or two for some fellow CAGs.

Hey guys, just picked up two and I'm willing to trade one for now. If I don't like it too much I'll trade that as well. Is it too much to ask for the following games since their value is a little higher than the camera? I don't want to screw anyone over here.
I would like to trade for one of the following games(in order of preference):

:360: Madden 07
:360: NCAA 07
:360: Dead Rising
:360: Prey

PM me if you are interested. I should post soon when i've made my pick.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']^^^that's not a very fair shake for the recepient of the Vison camera fyi[/QUOTE]

If some idiot is going to trade a $60 game because they can't wait a month to get the camera, they deserve to get screwed.

The main question is why does TRU have these a month early, anyways?

[quote name='Sporadic']I love how the 2006/10 post max people have come out of the woodworks looking to score a camera.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many want them to try and make a quick dollar on eBay as well.

[quote name='Sporadic']I love how the 2006/10 post max people have come out of the woodworks looking to score a camera.[/quote]
For real, I mean I like to see more people join the site, but [ersonally I'd give one to someone I've known on here or Live for a while before I hand it off to a stranger.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']For real, I mean I like to see more people join the site, but [ersonally I'd give one to someone I've known on here or Live for a while before I hand it off to a stranger.[/QUOTE]

Liiiiike your ol buddy sean? ;)

Who cares if they don't post alot? Alot of the big posters around here just shoot the breeze anyways. Growth of CAG is vital to our cheapass gamer ecosystem. Now some douche buying CC $4.95 games and selling them for $20 is a different story.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Who cares if they don't post alot? Alot of the big posters around here just shoot the breeze anyways. Growth of CAG is vital to our cheapass gamer ecosystem. Now some douche buying CC $4.95 games and selling them for $20 is a different story.[/quote]
I don't post ever, mainly a lurker unless well i see a deal on here that needs discussion, but never do I ever try to get some sorta gain on ebay outta any of it. Hench why I like this community, i come to it once a day to see whats up, and try to get stuff at crazy ass prices. Makes my budget that much easier

TRU california stores that dont have it are Bell gardens, cerritos,and montebello.

im still looking for one, any one looking to sell or trade with me please.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Who cares if they don't post alot? Alot of the big posters around here just shoot the breeze anyways. Growth of CAG is vital to our cheapass gamer ecosystem. Now some douche buying CC $4.95 games and selling them for $20 is a different story.[/QUOTE]

eh, it's kind of annoying. sometimes I give free stuff away in the fighter thread, obviously supposed to be for at least semi-regular fighter thread people, yet my box always gets flooded with lurkers wanting "teh free stuf"

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']For real, I mean I like to see more people join the site, but [ersonally I'd give one to someone I've known on here or Live for a while before I hand it off to a stranger.[/QUOTE]
I am still looking for one. If Brak doesn't want it sell it to me or I'll kick him out of the Chromehound Squad.:lol:

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Who cares if they don't post alot? Alot of the big posters around here just shoot the breeze anyways.[/QUOTE]

Notice how I posted "2006/10 post max"? It's not just that they are lurkers, it's also that they are brand new here.

And as sad as it is, alot of the newer posters (if you can even call them that) are just looking to score and that's it.

They aren't looking to help out the community. None of them would help any of us out if the shoe was on the other foot.

They just come on here, go "HAY FELLOW CAGERS PLZ H00K M3 UP @ C0$T KTHX!1!!!!" and then disappear into the night.

1. Props to the community for not firing this off to all the news sites...as soon as it's "news" they'll probably pull them off the shelves.

2. No reason to be apologetic. Bros before hoes - "hoes" being people coming out of nowhere to try to snag a camera.

Nothing against newcomers, if they contribute they'll fit in just fine. I'd like to think we take care of our own first though. Cough.

Uh...

...that said, I may be interested if someone has one to sell. PM ME WITH TEH INFO PLZ HAY K THX!

[quote name='Roufuss']
The main question is why does TRU have these a month early, anyways?[/QUOTE]

Anyone? This is the real story here, if these aren't supposed to be sold for a month why does TRU have them in stock at all? Does this mean other companies also have them? Can we expect another Target fuck up like the DS Lite?

I've heard of people having games a few days early (Madden) but never a street dated accessory a month ahead of time.

Well, I didn't catch wind of this till after my TRU is closed. Hopefully they'll still have these bad boys on the shelves tomorrow morning. I definately would like to grab me one.

[quote name='Warlock TCK']Well, I didn't catch wind of this till after my TRU is closed. Hopefully they'll still have these bad boys on the shelves tomorrow morning. I definately would like to grab me one.[/quote]

if you could snag me one too (if they have any), i can paypal you or trade you or trade+money or gift cards :lol:

i would appreciate it

Updated with a full review. If you have a camera and want to try the video chat or in gameplay with Uno, feel free to send me a invite when I am online.

bread's done
Back