Updated Full Review. TRU breaks street date. Just bought Xbox Live Vision Camera

This was mentioned earlier, but has it been established that this only seems to be happening in one area (in this case, SE part of the country?), or is it all over the place? Has anyone found it in the NE/Midwest/Western part of the country?

[quote name='Warlock TCK']Is that really a good idea? Shouldn't we just keep this to the forums and not let it get too much publicity?[/QUOTE]
I don't disagree, but you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. No big deal.

Now, if Gears of War shows up at Target in like 6 weeks, I'm holding all of you to secrecy and I demand the 360 forums be closed to the public.

[quote name='Rictor']When I worked at a department store in the late 90s we used to get all kinds of stuff in a month before the street date. On rare occasions, something would slip out onto the floor before the street date and as soon as a manager saw it some one would get their ass chewed out. Sometimes the managers missed it and it would be the rep for the company that noticed it. Usually there would be a regiional rep for each big company in the stores each month checking out our displays of their stuff and seeing how stuff was selling. I believe they'd fine the store or pull product if you broke the street date. This was a big problem with VHS videos at the time, since back then rental videos came out about a month before the street date to sell them, so employees were always leaking copies of videos before their street date. This was when everything was still on VHS and video stores paid $100 a copy for rentals to get them a month before they went on sale to the public. Why the studios ever got rid of that cash cow, I have no idea. Maybe because DVDs have such a low retail that they're more affordable to the consumer than videos were, thus more people buy than rent these days.

Most stuff we only got a week in advance, but sometimes they'd give us stuff several weeks in advance, along with promo items and displays so we'd have time to set up in-store promos.[/QUOTE]

When I worked at Best Buy (quit last January) we would keep boxes full of DVD's and CD's that weren't coming out for another month. I remember getting Family Guy Volume 3 and The Stewie Griffin Story about 3 weeks before they hit shelves. Problem was, they were guarded and had cameras on them so that employees had to be honest.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Brak, you're the first post I saw, you still interested in one?[/QUOTE]
PM sent, if you still can part with one.

Did another trial run of the private chat tonight with Tha Xecutioner. As I stated in the review, the private chat is definitely the best feature. I know most of us don't have a real need for it, but for anyone who is interested in or needs video chat I would strongly recommend picking up the camera. Even thought of a use for the video chat for myself, since we are about to have a baby girl. Her brother won't be able to come down right away and he will be able to see her online over Xbox Live.

As far as having the camera early its great just going into Uno and freaking people out. Counting down the days until we can have some all vision texas hold'em.

ive got em, i decided ebay is a hassel so i dont feel like posting the rest pm me if you want one ill add 10 bucks for shipping and my troubles... just lmk

[quote name='zewone']X - is there any more available at your TRU?[/quote]
there were 2 left after I did my damage, but I know one of my friends from around here will get at least one, so maybe?

[quote name='Brak']PM sent, if you still can part with one.[/quote]
Definitely, I'll hook you up man

[quote name='kjauburn']Did another trial run of the private chat tonight with Tha Xecutioner. As I stated in the review, the private chat is definitely the best feature. I know most of us don't have a real need for it, but for anyone who is interested in or needs video chat I would strongly recommend picking up the camera. Even thought of a use for the video chat for myself, since we are about to have a baby girl. Her brother won't be able to come down right away and he will be able to see her online over Xbox Live.

As far as having the camera early its great just going into Uno and freaking people out. Counting down the days until we can have some all vision texas hold'em.[/QUOTE]
I got a full tutorial from X, thanks again. Hope to see you on Texas holdem in a couple of days.

i bought some yesterday also, i bought four. they are on ebay in the "Gaming Auctions" section of the site. check them out. i also have a camera that i use if someone wants to check it out send me a message on xbox live.

I still am in need of a camera!

I will be going out today and if I find any I will get 3

one for me
one to ebay (I really dont have the money right now to buy one for myself)
One for a cag (cost+shipping)

Wish me luck!

Why do I have a feeling that even when the camera is actually released, if you join a game that supports it and don't have one, that most people are gonna be assholes and boot you out?

Honestly, I could care less about the Vision camera. I'm sure as hell not crapping on anyone about it, just stating how I feel. I all ready have a web cam for my PC, and don't feel a need for one just for a game system. The only cool thing that could be done in my eyes is the reactive stuff like whats been done with the EyeToy. Ah, we'll, just have to whats being planned for it

Yeah, I don't care TOO much about the camera, but at least it's a NEW product for MS. I might get one also though, as it seems kinda cool....but more for TotemBall and Eyetoy like stuff.

If I find one early though, I will pick up a couple....nice EBAY profit, and I need money with the baby coming soon.

[quote name='doubledown']Yeah, I don't care TOO much about the camera, but at least it's a NEW product for MS. I might get one also though, as it seems kinda cool....but more for TotemBall and Eyetoy like stuff.

If I find one early though, I will pick up a couple....nice EBAY profit, and I need money with the baby coming soon.[/quote]

Understand about the ebay profit thing. Congrats though man.

All I really care about on xbox live is if someone doesn't have a headset. I can understand if you don't like to talk, just let me know so I don't get aggrivated. But if you went and dropped money on a system, theres no excuse why you don't have the money for a head set (or a puck and a cheap ass cell phone headset for the original xbox)

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Why do I have a feeling that even when the camera is actually released, if you join a game that supports it and don't have one, that most people are gonna be assholes and boot you out?[/quote]
I really do fear with most of the people i encounter on Uno. I can only imagine all the Halo fans "corpse humping" the camera everytime they give you a draw 4. I highly doubt any women will get the camera because then you'll have all the kids (and older men most likely) telling them to show their stuff 24/7.

But it'll be nice if they can add an option to block exact people from seeing your camera (kinda like anyone who you give negative rep to cant see it).

[quote name='Bezerker']I really do fear with most of the people i encounter on Uno. I can only imagine all the Halo fans "corpse humping" the camera everytime they give you a draw 4. I highly doubt any women will get the camera because then you'll have all the kids (and older men most likely) telling them to show their stuff 24/7.

But it'll be nice if they can add an option to block exact people from seeing your camera (kinda like anyone who you give negative rep to cant see it).[/quote]

when halo 3 comes out, this thing is gonna blow up...people pelvic thrusting towards the camera after a killtacular, etc.

haha, it's gonna be hilarious

[quote name='swetooth9']when halo 3 comes out, this thing is gonna blow up...people pelvic thrusting towards the camera after a killtacular, etc.

haha, it's gonna be hilarious[/quote]

all the more reason not to get it...

It's going to be like the mic. I remmeber when xbox live 1st came and I mean 1st time. When I got Live it was so weird just even talking it felt so strange even now sometimes I feel weird just talking. The camera will take some time to get use to probably more so then a mic so I bet at first a lot of cameras will be pointed to stuff other then them selfs , unless they're playing with friends.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']I still am in need of a camera!

I will be going out today and if I find any I will get 3

one for me
one to ebay (I really dont have the money right now to buy one for myself)
One for a cag (cost+shipping)

Wish me luck![/quote]
If you don't have the money to buy one for yourself, why spend the money on three and hope you turn a profit on eBay to cover your initial purchases? fucking please. If you can't afford it now, don't buy it until you can.

It's going to be interesting to see how mrs. shipwreck reacts when I hook this thing up this week. Well, certainly, she will ridicule me for my geekiness, but after that it's going to be interesting to see if she tries to be out of site of the camera when I'm playing.

Checked the local TRU this morning in Wichita, she said they hadn't got them yet. Looked around anyway and didn't see them on the aisle, or in one of the glass cases.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you don't have the money to buy one for yourself, why spend the money on three and hope you turn a profit on eBay to cover your initial purchases? fucking please. If you can't afford it now, don't buy it until you can.[/QUOTE]

Isn't this what most people do though....I mean, sites like FW and SD thrive on people like this. Yes, it does kinda suck, but capitalism is what our country is built on.

[quote name='DrunkJuggalo']Just another reason for jersey to suck.....called everywhere and not even on cam to be had.[/quote]Being a NYer, its like a lot of things go on in Jersey for me, like Continental Airlines arena some convention things, like this one Chiller and Monster Mania, but like its fun to visit, but never a good place to live.hahahah, sorry jersey residents.....

[quote name='kjauburn']Did another trial run of the private chat tonight with Tha Xecutioner.[/quote] Yeah, that was definitely cool. I thought it was funny how we kept going into these long gaming discussions when we were both like "yeah, well it's time for me to go". good stuff.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yea X, like I said in our chat, if you can grab one sweet, if you can't, no biggie.

P.S. you never came on Far Cry :([/quote] I will try again late next week for more cameras, hopefully your TRU will catch on by then. And sorry for the no-show in FC, I'll definitely hop on asap, especially since that patch should be soon.

[quote name='M1C13']I got a full tutorial from X, thanks again. Hope to see you on Texas holdem in a couple of days.[/quote] No problem :cool:

[quote name='shipwreck']It's going to be interesting to see how mrs. shipwreck reacts when I hook this thing up this week. Well, certainly, she will ridicule me for my geekiness, but after that it's going to be interesting to see if she tries to be out of site of the camera when I'm playing.[/quote] Well, I don't know what she's like, but I have seen 2 couples already where the girl hogs the camera from the guy :lol:. Note, there were no "lets c u nekkid!!1" comments made then, so maybe that's why they liked the chatting.

My wife was planning on starting up a knitting circle for some of the 360 gamerchicks. She's already had a few interested.

And since we just found out she's pregnant this weekend, it'll be nice for relatives far away to check how things are going.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you don't have the money to buy one for yourself, why spend the money on three and hope you turn a profit on eBay to cover your initial purchases? fucking please. If you can't afford it now, don't buy it until you can.[/QUOTE]

There is no "hope" involved in turning a profit on these though... it's guaranteed profit. All he has to do is sell one camera on Ebay to cover the costs of that one + the one he's keeping, since they are going for $80 - $90.

I'll be getting the money for one of these come Wednesday. By then I'll have money and will be willin to pick one up if they want to help a brother out.

[quote name='Roufuss']There is no "hope" involved in turning a profit on these though... it's guaranteed profit. All he has to do is sell one camera on Ebay to cover the costs of that one + the one he's keeping, since they are going for $80 - $90.[/quote]

Yeah I am not trying to be greedy or anything. It isnt like I plan on selling hundreds of them. If I find some I will sell one just to make my money back. So it is actually confirmed that totem ball will be free? Thats pretty cool if it is true. First texas holdem and now this!!!

So many pages to big through, so if someone could be a pal and answer the following, it'd be great.

1. Have any other stores broken release date? This thing is reminding me of the DS Scandal.

2. Does anyone have a camera for sale? Me wants! >_>.

[quote name='TheHiei']So many pages to big through, so if someone could be a pal and answer the following, it'd be great.

1. Have any other stores broken release date? This thing is reminding me of the DS Scandal.

2. Does anyone have a camera for sale? Me wants! >_>.[/QUOTE]
1. It seems that it is only TRU
2. Most all the ones that CAGers have picked up are already spoken for or on ebay.

[quote name='Roufuss']There is no "hope" involved in turning a profit on these though... it's guaranteed profit. All he has to do is sell one camera on Ebay to cover the costs of that one + the one he's keeping, since they are going for $80 - $90.[/quote]
Yes, just needs one eBay buyer with impulse control problems to "guarantee" the profit. :roll:

I am still waiting on others, if they can obtain me one, however if anyone can be assured, give me a offer if you can get me a camera through PM, as long as its not as outrageous as on ebay then we'll have a deal, money or game(s)

thanks

Seems like most are going for a bit more then double the MSRP. Meaning by buying 2, he is essentially gettingone for free. Not too bad. Of course in a week or two when every TRU stocks these it won't matter. I still amazes me that some DS lites are fetching $20-$40 over MSRP on ebay when they are readily available at every store Ive been too.

I am curious to see if you can control the camera while playing texas hold'em. Within Uno you have to drop out of the game and go to the Uno help & options menu to change camera settings. You have the option to change the camera to 2x and 4x zoom or disabled the video. Disabling the video is the only feature I wish you could really control during in game play.

One thing I didn't notice until Tha Xecutioner pointed it out last night is you can do custom match searchs in Uno for people with the camera On. I am assuming/hoping Texas Hold'em has a similiar search feature.

I called my local TRU and they said they would be getting them in sometime this week. I'll try to pick some up maybe 1 for myself, 1 for a CAG, and 1 for eBay.

[quote name='Technique']I called my local TRU and they said they would be getting them in sometime this week. I'll try to pick some up maybe 1 for myself, 1 for a CAG, and 1 for eBay.[/quote]

And the cycle continues...

bread's done
Back