Updated Full Review. TRU breaks street date. Just bought Xbox Live Vision Camera

Suprised mentioned this yet: Official Xbox magazine October issue says that there will be an Xbox Live Gold pack that includes the camera. Package includes Vision Camera, headset, 1 year of Xbox Live Gold, 200 Market points, Totemball, Uno, and one more Xbox Live Arcade game unannounced, and will be $79.99.

A very special thanks to the ass who bought all four cameras 5 minutes before I could get one for myself and another CAGer.

Ah well. Sorry flatliner.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Suprised mentioned this yet: Official Xbox magazine October issue says that there will be an Xbox Live Gold pack that includes the camera. Package includes Vision Camera, headset, 1 year of Xbox Live Gold, 200 Market points, Totemball, Uno, and one more Xbox Live Arcade game unannounced, and will be $79.99.[/quote]

that's a decent deal...but now i'm just getting aggravated with the headsets included in everything...next thing you know, they will include headsets with games and bump the price up 10 bucks

[quote name='Gamespot']The official story: When asked for comment, a Microsoft rep would only say that no official date or price has been announced for the camera.[/quote]
Another reason to believe these will be on shelves by week's end.

Aren't there any CAGs out there who work at TRU? A little conformation that these are officially for sale will save my lunch break every day this week.

p.s. Chicago CAG's, no dice at Deerfield and Vernon Hills.

[quote name='swetooth9']that's a decent deal...but now i'm just getting aggravated with the headsets included in everything...next thing you know, they will include headsets with games and bump the price up 10 bucks[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I have already sold 3 of those bastard headsets on ebay. I have got 2 from Live Gold packs and one from the premium system and I don't even want one of those pieces of junk. The old headset mops the floor with the 360 one.

[quote name='Cth']A very special thanks to the ass who bought all four cameras 5 minutes before I could get one for myself and another CAGer.

Ah well. Sorry flatliner.[/quote]

its ok, you tried, anyone else who can help me out, i'd be willing to trade up. Buy, and either way, have it expressed shipped out to you the following day through DHL(my job)

[quote name='Purkeynator']I know what you mean. I have already sold 3 of those bastard headsets on ebay. I have got 2 from Live Gold packs and one from the premium system and I don't even want one of those pieces of junk. The old headset mops the floor with the 360 one.[/quote]

whoa...whoa whoa....people actually been buying those crappy ass headsets? how much is the going rate on ebay for them? I just said screw it, and got the Plantronics one the X30 i think its called a few months back. Really good headset btw

[quote name='LinkTheHero']I hope they come to California soon, maybe they will arrive with the madden shipment.[/QUOTE]

and if they do u better get me one, mexican!

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Another reason to believe these will be on shelves by week's end.[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to think the same thing. TRUs didn't rush to pull them today (as evidenced by Cth's post above), so it doesn't seem like this is that big of a deal.

Couple of people have asked how long the usb cable is for the camera. I haven't taken the time to measure it, but its a 10 or 12 ft cord.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']let's get an Uno game full of some cams goin tonight[/quote]

Sure I will be back on in a little bit. BTW... Not sure if its just the people I have played with, but the most common thing I have heard after people notice the camera is "I can't wait to get one because I am going to show my balls blah blah blah..."

[quote name='steverl22']I live in Powder spring amd work in marietta so I might have to pick one up....[/quote]

if you do, get me one please :D

[quote name='kjauburn']I am curious to see if you can control the camera while playing texas hold'em. Within Uno you have to drop out of the game and go to the Uno help & options menu to change camera settings. You have the option to change the camera to 2x and 4x zoom or disabled the video. Disabling the video is the only feature I wish you could really control during in game play..[/quote]

Stratch what I said before. Still messing around and figuring a few things out with the camera controls. While you are in a Uno match you can hit start and go to the help/options to change camera settings without exiting the game. Being able to disable the feed during gameplay is a huge plus in my book.

Xecutioner and I were able to get a few Uno games with 3 cameras going tonight. Using the Uno Custom match search I bumped into 5 other users with cameras. Two of the other camera owners reported buying them at TRU in Ohio...

[quote name='kjauburn']Stratch what I said before. Still messing around and figuring a few things out with the camera controls. While you are in a Uno match you can hit start and go to the help/options to change camera settings without exiting the game. Being able to disable the feed during gameplay is a huge plus in my book.

Xecutioner and I were able to get a few Uno games with 3 cameras going tonight. Using the Uno Custom match search I bumped into 5 other users with cameras. Two of the other camera owners reported buying them at TRU in Ohio...[/quote]
Good thing your connection bailed out when it did man, homeboy in that last game we were in fell asleep on his bed and I had to wake him up:lol:

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Good thing your connection bailed out when it did man, homeboy in that last game we were in fell asleep on his bed and I had to wake him up:lol:[/quote]

Perfect timing then...

Yeah I was having all types of connections issues tonight at first I thought it might have something to do with the video. Of course I just forgot it was mondey and I had a automatic batch download scheduled to pull all of the past weeks log files from a clients site.

OHIO......WHAT?!?!?!?!?! I think I played with someone last night that got one and he said is was from northern Ohio, no cameras here in cincy though.... well until the mail comes that is.

Its funny how this camera thing is being seen by many as a negative, in that people are for sure going to abuse it. Most live games I play people like never talk or if they do its just stupid talk like screaming something about owning or being god. 90% of the time though its dead silent or at the very least some background noises (Radio, kids, guests). On that note its funny how many people use the head set to talk almost exclusively to the guy right next to them in the room. Dumb ass. Anyways I wonder in what ways those things will change? I mean the only games support the headset so far are very um slow and not all that cool games like Uno. I mean come on its a fun game but not wrought with the excitement and drive found in like GR AW at least for me.

So far I've only encountered 1 shirtless guy and 1 guy who fell asleep on his bed in Uno. So out of the 10-12 people I have seen on cams, 80-83% of them have been pretty cool. Hopefully that stat does not take a nosedive once these people who proudly say "I'm gonna be showing my nuts all the time" get their camera.

Stopped into the Alpharetta, GA TRU yesterday and they had 1 camera left in stock. So I know for certain 2 Atlanta area TRU's sold the camera. Don't even ask it already went to a fellow Cag.

A friend of mine just emailed me to let me know this thread found its way to the frontpage of Kotaku. Always nice to see Cag mentioned anywhere. The funny thing about it is they took/change part of a single sentence from the review for the headline (Xbox Live Camera Review "No Real Use For it"). The sentence actually said "By far the Video Chat was the most impressive feature, but I personally don't have a real use for it." Here is the link.

[quote name='cyrix`']if anyone would like to give away their spare uno codes pm me please[/quote]

there's actually a "line" in front of you ;)...i already asked about a few pages back, but of course it's not gonna be easy to come by someone who will just give the codes for free...but if they do, they will have my gratitude :D

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']So far I've only encountered 1 shirtless guy and 1 guy who fell asleep on his bed in Uno. So out of the 10-12 people I have seen on cams, 80-83% of them have been pretty cool. Hopefully that stat does not take a nosedive once these people who proudly say "I'm gonna be showing my nuts all the time" get their camera.[/quote]

The shirtless guy could have been me...

Here's some info I found while at TRU today:

I asked the guy there if he had them, he said they did not have any in the back yet, but there was no ship date listed on his sheet, which obviously jives with what we already know.

He said his ship date for the camera is tomorrow (8/22) and to call tomorrow afternoon.

It really seems like these should be popping up in more and more places over the next few days. Maybe Microsoft just wants to get it out since the "killer app" (TH'EM) is coming out tomorrow.

I don't know if this was established yet, but he showed me the product sheet for the the $80.00 camera kit as well. The only difference between it and the one we are already finding is it comes with 1 year of XBL and 200 MS points.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Here's some info I found while at TRU today:
The only difference between it and the one we are already finding is it comes with 1 year of XBL and 200 MS points.[/QUOTE]

And that one is coming out soon too?

[quote name='M1C13']And that one is coming out soon too?[/QUOTE]
Yes, he said at the same time as the package which people are already buying...so within the next few weeks, I'd think.

That particular piece of info was before he got out the product sheet though, so it could be inaccurate. Having said that, it seems pretty likely it's correct...there's nothing special in there, just a year of XBL and some points. Nothing they'd hold back.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']p.s. Chicago CAG's, no dice at Deerfield and Vernon Hills.[/QUOTE]
Nothing at the Melrose Park or Woodfield/Schaumburg Toys R Us either.

This is a bit OT... If I wait for the pack with 1 year of XBL can you still stack those codes to increase your length of XBL? I thought I read somewhere that they don't stack anymore and if you apply it to a current membership you'll lose the code you entered. I'll expire in Feb of '07 so would I be cool to get this in September and reapply the code then, or would I really lose that year unless I waited to apply the 1 year in Feb of next year?

I just called my TRU and the guy told me they got a new shipment today, i asked if the camera was in it but he said he wasn't sure they havent unpacked it yet and to check back tomorow.

[quote name='xbox_mole']This is a bit OT... If I wait for the pack with 1 year of XBL can you still stack those codes to increase your length of XBL? I thought I read somewhere that they don't stack anymore and if you apply it to a current membership you'll lose the code you entered. I'll expire in Feb of '07 so would I be cool to get this in September and reapply the code then, or would I really lose that year unless I waited to apply the 1 year in Feb of next year?[/QUOTE]

Well, I just added a year to mine about a week ago and had no problems, I'm good through May 2008 now.

I think the only problem you might have is if you try to stack a lot of them, I seem to remember someone saying they couldn't stack it beyond 2009.

[quote name='xbox_mole']This is a bit OT... If I wait for the pack with 1 year of XBL can you still stack those codes to increase your length of XBL? I thought I read somewhere that they don't stack anymore and if you apply it to a current membership you'll lose the code you entered. I'll expire in Feb of '07 so would I be cool to get this in September and reapply the code then, or would I really lose that year unless I waited to apply the 1 year in Feb of next year?[/quote]
As Kane said, there is no problem when stacking a couple, and I too have heard that '09 is the cutoff date.

p.s. thanks for stealing my avatar ;)

FYI... If you don't have a xbox live gold don't ask someone to demo the camera for you. Silver users can not do a private video chat...

The fact that you can post anything with it seems to remind me of something from Penny-Arcade. Prepare to see a lot of your friends dongs.

Yep.....i went to Toys R Us today in Heath Ohio, and BAM they had the camera ready to sell, So now i also have the camera, new headset and an extra Uno Code....i guess xbox live adds are welcome if you'd like to see the camera.

Don Wuebos is the tag...
and i might be willing to give the Uno tag to someone for a small price or probably nothing.

Funny how this seems to be totally YMMV for people. I wonder what the variable facotr is that determines whether or not stores are putting them on the shelf?

apparently, the manager that i spoke with said that they had just come off her truck no more then an hour ago, so i guess they were just sitting in a box until i arrived, but nonetheless, i gave her my name and she had one ready for me when i got to TRU, so i cannot complain at all, they seem to have the SKUs for the live vision camera in the system and ready to go already, so hell...why not.

bread's done
Back