Updated Full Review. TRU breaks street date. Just bought Xbox Live Vision Camera

Currently there is no xbox live vision camera support for Texas Hold'em. Maybe they will add it later on, but after actually playing the game I am not holding my breath. Download it now, because you will be kicking yourself if have to pay money for it. However camera support in texas hold'em has been reported for quite sometime.

FL CAGs, I called 6 Toys R Us's in the Orlando Area (even Daytona) and they are all sold out. They said check again on Friday for more shipments. If you find some, save me one or two :whistle2:(

[quote name='Don Wuebos']Yep.....i went to Toys R Us today in Heath Ohio, and BAM they had the camera ready to sell, So now i also have the camera, new headset and an extra Uno Code....i guess xbox live adds are welcome if you'd like to see the camera.

Don Wuebos is the tag...
and i might be willing to give the Uno tag to someone for a small price or probably nothing.[/quote]

PMed about uno code :)

Update to what I said earlier - apparently the TRU product sheet I saw was outdated...the $80 kit comes with more than it said:

[quote name='Microsoft']Xbox Live Video Chat Gold Kit. This package includes the Xbox Live Vision camera, a 12-month Xbox Live Gold Membership, an Xbox 360 Headset, free* downloads of three full-version Xbox Live Arcade games -- the "UNO" card game, "TotemBall," and the classic "Robotron™" action shooter -- and 200 Microsoft Points (ERP $79.99 U.S./€89.99**).[/quote]

Don't know if it was mentioned on an earlier page, but Totemball is listed with the regular camera package as well, so I'm assuming it'll be a free download or something when it comes out.

Update to what I said earlier - apparently the TRU product sheet I saw was outdated...the $80 kit comes with more than it said:

[quote name='Microsoft']Xbox Live Video Chat Gold Kit. This package includes the Xbox Live Vision camera, a 12-month Xbox Live Gold Membership, an Xbox 360 Headset, free* downloads of three full-version Xbox Live Arcade games -- the "UNO" card game, "TotemBall," and the classic "Robotron™" action shooter -- and 200 Microsoft Points (ERP $79.99 U.S./€89.99**).[/quote]

Don't know if it was mentioned on an earlier page, but Totemball is listed with the regular camera package as well, so I'm assuming it'll be a free download when it comes out.

[quote name='kjauburn']Currently there is no xbox live vision camera support for Texas Hold'em. Maybe they will add it later on, but after actually playing the game I am not holding my breath. Download it now, because you will be kicking yourself if have to pay money for it. However camera support in texas hold'em has been reported for quite sometime.[/QUOTE]

I thought I saw something about this when the PMS girls were doing the after press-conference party during E3. It was one of the download videos where they went to a hotel and were playing Arcade games. I thought it showed them taking pictures with the vision camera (front, side, etc.) then their in game avatar looked like them. I know it was a poker game, maybe it wasn't Texas Hold'em?

[quote name='edison']I thought I saw something about this when the PMS girls were doing the after press-conference party during E3. It was one of the download videos where they went to a hotel and were playing Arcade games. I thought it showed them taking pictures with the vision camera (front, side, etc.) then their in game avatar looked like them. I know it was a poker game, maybe it wasn't Texas Hold'em?[/QUOTE]
That is "World series of Poker: Tournament of Champions" it is supposed to come out 9/19/06.... doesn't that date sound fimiliar?

Hey KJAuburn I got my camera, hope to see you on uno later... very nice packaging it took me a couple minutes to get it open.

[quote name='M1C13']Hey KJAuburn I got my camera, hope to see you on uno later... very nice packaging it took me a couple minutes to get it open.[/quote]

Ooh, this is good news for shipwreck's mailbox as well.

[quote name='shipwreck']Ooh, this is good news for shipwreck's mailbox as well.[/QUOTE]
yeah, mine also came with a bunch of pages from eWeek magazine.... packaging.

Odd, the Toys R Us I work at never got one (Pontiac, MI), well not yet. I will post if we do, as I won't be breaking street date, unless it doesn't have the street date posted.

[quote name='Deadend']Odd, the Toys R Us I work at never got one (Pontiac, MI), well not yet. I will post if we do, as I won't be breaking street date, unless it doesn't have the street date posted.[/QUOTE]

Someone on DVDtalk.com called most of the TRU in MI. None had any in his area....but most said they WILL get them this week.

[quote name='DrunkJuggalo']Has anyone seen or heard of a store haveing one around the New Jersey, Philadelphia are?[/QUOTE]
No luck at the Cherry Hill TRU. I'll be checking the Burlington TRU after work tonight.

[quote name='doubledown']Someone on DVDtalk.com called most of the TRU in MI. None had any in his area....but most said they WILL get them this week.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned earlier the guy told me that the ship date was today and to call sometime this afternoon, that was at the one in Sterling Heights Madison Heights.

Deadend, you work at the Pontiac one? I was just in there checking for it the other day. Some guy did the "can I help you" thing, I wonder if it was you.

[quote name='doubledown']Well, I'll check tomorrow again at the MI stores....maybe hit the one in Roseville and the one on John R (Troy?).[/QUOTE]

The Troy one is the Mad Heights one...I'm going to call there in a few minutes to see if anything changed.

people that have the camera:
which dashboard background do you use edgy, watery, dotty. I think I like edgy the most because it looks like a cartoon or kinda like A Scanner Darkly.

Also I found the best setting for the camera is dark walls, and sunlight, but thats just me.

[quote name='M1C13']Also I found the best setting for the camera is dark walls, and sunlight, but thats just me.[/quote]
It most definitely is dark walls, with the auto adjust the camera gets choppy but with dark walls it is seamless.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']As Kane said, there is no problem when stacking a couple, and I too have heard that '09 is the cutoff date.

p.s. thanks for stealing my avatar ;)[/QUOTE]

Kane and Xecutioner, thanks for the info.

Xecutioner - Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. ;)

So was this just a fluke occurence at select TRU stores? Conversation in this topic seems to have died, and I haven't heard of anyone else finding them. Nothing at all in Connecticut, and asking the associates in the electronics section at TRU about the product they sell would be like asking them about theoretical physics.

[quote name='spmahn']So was this just a fluke occurence at select TRU stores? Conversation in this topic seems to have died, and I haven't heard of anyone else finding them. Nothing at all in Connecticut, and asking the associates in the electronics section at TRU about the product they sell would be like asking them about theoretical physics.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try TRU on Saturday when I go out and will report back.

[quote name='spmahn']...asking the associates in the electronics section at TRU about the product they sell would be like asking them about theoretical physics.[/quote]

:lol: This holds true at my TRU as well.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I mentioned earlier the guy told me that the ship date was today and to call sometime this afternoon, that was at the one in Sterling Heights Madison Heights.

Deadend, you work at the Pontiac one? I was just in there checking for it the other day. Some guy did the "can I help you" thing, I wonder if it was you.[/quote]

It could have been me, I worked on Saturday and Monday. I am the one with short hair, kinda tall, nametage says Mike. Just mention CheapAssGamer for leet points and switch from dealing with idiots who want that one game, that they don't know the name of or anything but it came out a couple years ago.

Yeah, most accociates in the R-zone suck, as they are in there simply to fill space and get nervous about game questions, yet know all that there is to know about the baby section.

[quote name='doubledown']Well, I'll check tomorrow again at the MI stores....maybe hit the one in Roseville and the one on John R (Troy?).[/QUOTE]

Keep us posted. I'm in MI too, and would like to pick one up. I'm more in the Farmington/Livonia/Novi area, and I'll post if I find any over here.

[quote name='Deadend']It could have been me, I worked on Saturday and Monday. I am the one with short hair, kinda tall, nametage says Mike. Just mention CheapAssGamer for leet points and switch from dealing with idiots who want that one game, that they don't know the name of or anything but it came out a couple years ago.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it was you the other day, but I was in there about a month ago buying Psychonauts and Phantom Dust since they were marked down. The guy at the register seemed to know his shit...that was probably you.

I'm in there at least once every few weeks, I'll keep an eye out.

I called 3 stores in the Orlando area again, all said they were out. One lady even told me before I asked, "If you're calling for the 360 camera, we don't have any". Guess word really got out. Guess I'll have to wait for the actual release :whistle2:(. Sigh.

anyone know if the $80 camera pack will be the new live gold kit? The $10 game rebate has expired on the old gold packs so I know they will be coming out with a new gold kit.

I checked the TRU in Myrtle Beach, SC on Monday, after I saw the thread, if they had any and no dice.

Just went there again for my lunch and found 2, picked up one. Wooo, can't wait to plug it in and see no one else!

Ziria, i know a lot of people have made post asking for the cam(my self included). would you be interested in selling it or trading it? 4 get it i thought you said you picked uo 2.

[quote name='Purkeynator']anyone know if the $80 camera pack will be the new live gold kit? The $10 game rebate has expired on the old gold packs so I know they will be coming out with a new gold kit.[/QUOTE]

If you're interested in getting a new Live Kit you can go to BestBuy now and there is a coupon for the 12 month live kits in the latest Gamepro magazine (doesn't have to be the special Level 2 BestBuy edition, just the regular one) that have the $20 expired rebate for them. The cost of the kit in-store is $59.99 and the coupon is $20 off (making up for the rebate) and you get 12 months of live, Bankshot Billiards XBOX Live Arcade game, 200 marketplace points and a new headset for $39.99. That's $10.00 less than just a 12+1 month Live Card.

Picked one starter kit up today with the coupon and it scanned with no problem.

There are no cameras to be had at the King Of Prussia, PA TRU. Went there and didn't see any, so I played dumb and asked the clerk. I said I was at another TRU and they had them, but I didn't have my wallet on me at the time because I was with a friend. Told her they had them in the back and had to go there to get one for me and wanted to know if they could check in the back. She radioed someone on her walkie and they told her to look in the XBOX 360 section, which of course did not have them. Then she told me, "I guess we must be out of stock then." There was no way she was going to check in the back for me. :(

I checked a TRU today since so many Cags were asking for one. No luckand the guy actually said as far as he knew they weren't coming out until Sept. 19th...

[quote name='LinkTheHero']Any CAGS in California find them yet?[/QUOTE]

Ask a few more times and maybe someone wll find one!
Anyway, no. Ive called several TRUs, no luck.

Picked one up at TRU, and so far it's pretty cool. I do have 2 questions though...

1. How do you get it to work with your Computer? I plugged it in and my computer recognized it, but do I have to use a specific program, etc?

2. How do I change the effects on the background of the dashboard? I like the one it came with but I want to experiment.

Ask any questions(if you guys have any left), I'll try my best to answer.

[quote name='specialk']yeah i rtfm....and i'm d/ling service pack 2 now.

still wondering about #2 though.

thanks.[/QUOTE]
go to
system ->console settings ->themes ->customize ->camera effects

I like edgy the best.

bread's done
Back