Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

I think Walmart is going to take it in the shorts on the Ni No Kuni since it's the first week of trading in.  They'd rather lose the money than get horrible publicity on rejecting and changing amounts before the program even starts.

People talk bad about Slickdeals but there are people on this site that knowingly trade in games to Amazon that require accessories (but without them, like a Rock Revolution Guitar Set but without the guitar). When they don't get their way they keep submitting it over and over until they get an ignorant grader who gives them credit.
The entire Amazon TIV thread here on CAG, for years, have been nothing but people exploiting and gaming amazon's trade-in program. From sending disc only copies and/or single accessory of bundle items (especially when the disc/accessory is the least valuable aspect of the trade), milking amazon's free shipping and return for trade-ins (I can't believe amazon allows a person to resubmit a trade over and over and over for free SMH), posting obvious TIV algorithm mistakes, posting of cheap places to get the items for the algorithm mistakes, posting tips/tricks to bypass stubborn graders (UPC shenanigans, the last couple of posts is nothing but people posting tips for deceiving the grader, and also buying a kit to change a 360 controller to a pink one LMAO), posting of ways to bypass amazon 7 day shipping rule, multiple trade in accounts, the fact that the term "boomerang" is a thing, etc..

Apparently all that is somehow okay here on CAG. At least SD is upfront about it.

And to me if you are ban from here then that user ip addresses of that user should be banned as well from accessing the site otherwise a ban is pretty useless if you can still view the site and threads

^Don't agree with everything you said (mainly TIV mistakes... since usually there aren't any, Amazon just wants the items they no longer have) but some things on the Amazon TIV trade is horrible.

I mean, trading in disk only for bundles is stupid. Constantly trading in the wrong item in the hopes of getting it accepted. And the shit with the pink 360 controller was beyond idiotic (despite it being accepted for credit). 

I do a lot of Amazon trade in's / flips but I make sure it's the right item and has all the needed items to be accepted. Trying to sideline the system with tricks just isn't worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The entire Amazon TIV thread here on CAG, for years, have been nothing but people exploiting and gaming amazon's trade-in program. From sending disc only copies and/or single accessory of bundle items (especially when the disc/accessory is the least valuable aspect of the trade), milking amazon's free shipping and return for trade-ins (I can't believe amazon allows a person to resubmit a trade over and over and over for free SMH), posting obvious TIV algorithm mistakes, posting of cheap places to get the items for the algorithm mistakes, posting tips/tricks to bypass stubborn graders (UPC shenanigans, the last couple of posts is nothing but people posting tips for deceiving the grader, and also buying a kit to change a 360 controller to a pink one LMAO), posting of ways to bypass amazon 7 day shipping rule, multiple trade in accounts, the fact that the term "boomerang" is a thing, etc..

Apparently all that is somehow okay here on CAG. At least SD is upfront about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cryMVK1PwuQ

People talk bad about Slickdeals but there are people on this site that knowingly trade in games to Amazon that require accessories (but without them, like a Rock Revolution Guitar Set but without the guitar). When they don't get their way they keep submitting it over and over until they get an ignorant grader who gives them credit.
lots of truth in these posts

#cagbehindcloseddoors

not saying i havent locked in some sweet sweet amazon TIV.

Except I, nor certain other people never said it was okay. Do not generalize all of us just because we have some bad apples. And don't imply I'm a hypocrite when I haven't done anything you've mentioned, or even participated in those threads (I haven't, my last Amazon trade was over a year ago).

You are confusing apathy with encouragement. I'm sure plenty of CAGs have had personal issues with that. But over on SD, nobody would make a peep. just add fuel to the fire. That's the difference.

I think Walmart is going to take it in the shorts on the Ni No Kuni since it's the first week of trading in. They'd rather lose the money than get horrible publicity on rejecting and changing amounts before the program even starts.
we are talking about walmart here. The staple of greed in our society. They will not just take it in the shorts to steer clear of bad publicity.

we are talking about walmart here. The staple of greed in our society. They will not just take it in the shorts to steer clear of bad publicity.
And bad publicity from who exactly? Where will you see a story about Walmart not honoring a ridiculous video game TIV? Nowhere that matters to Walmart. If Walmart takes all of these trades, it won't be because they are afraid of "bad publicity".

I locked in 19 copies, reserved them at various BBs using GCU discount, will report back to let you know how it goes, walmart you crazy!
I call bullshit... Come on, folks... How many Best Buys would you have to have around you to find 19!!! copies of a random game???? Have a little common sense, people. Always amazes me how these trolls come on here and say shit like that and every turns their bullshit detectors off so that they can turn their indignance faucets on.

I call bullshit... Come on, folks... How many Best Buys would you have to have around you to find 19!!! copies of a random game???? Have a little common sense, people. Always amazes me how these trolls come on here and say shit like that and every turns their bullshit detectors off so that they can turn their indignance faucets on.
probably 4 or 5 bestbuys, ni no kuni isn't exactly a hard game to find at bestbuy.

probably 4 or 5 bestbuys, ni no kuni isn't exactly a hard game to find at bestbuy.
It's not hard game to find anywhere and it's not like you have to buy it at Best Buy. The game costs $20; you could pick up copies at Target, GS, etc. People were just mentioning best buy because it has a B2G1 going on. After seeing some of the things being bragged about on here I wouldn't be surprised if someone could pick up 19 copies locally tomorrow----you really underestimate what the unemployed can do with their time.

It's not hard game to find anywhere and it's not like you have to buy it at Best Buy. The game costs $20; you could pick up copies at Target, GS, etc. People were just mentioning best buy because it has a B2G1 going on. After seeing some of the things being bragged about on here I wouldn't be surprised if someone could pick up 19 copies locally tomorrow----you really underestimate what the unemployed can do with their time.
Iatcg, used to do that, and he talked about clearing out stock from a few bestbuy stores, when they were having huge discount/sales on games a few years back.

Saw 5 copies at my best buy.

Anyway, what's the consensus on manuals? The trade in calculator only mentions artwork and case.
kingdom hearts 1.5 hd remix is another game i saw plenty at my local bestbuy. one store i went to this week has like 12 copies on the shelfs

Yeah there's a good chance they will just open it anyway. The only time I ever leave anything sealed when I trade it in is when sending in a sealed movie to Amazon since they pay more if it is new.

Yeah there's a good chance they will just open it anyway. The only time I ever leave anything sealed when I trade it in is when sending in a sealed movie to Amazon since they pay more if it is new.
i just noticed that when i did my first blu ray movie trade in to amazon last year. lol. they actually give higher price for sealed blu ray movies.

I'm really curious how the Ni No Kuni thing will play out.

I can't imagine how many copies the SD crowd must have locked in.

Probably the same amount of people who locked it in here... considering this thread has 400+ post and the SD post has only 100+, I'm assuming more people here. Not that it matters.

Probably the same amount of people who locked it in here... considering this thread has 400+ post and the SD post has only 100+, I'm assuming more people here. Not that it matters.
A google search of "ni no kuni cexchange" shows that the OP in SD was reposted to a multitude of websites

posts don't really matter when at any given time there are more people not posting who are members anonymous and guests. I'd say maybe 10 or so of the names in the reading the topics bar actually post.

Really though I see no point in complaining about people taking advantage of a mistake trade in price when more than likely they wont even uphold it and it would of tanked just as fast if half the people had submitted in copies.

If I could I would of done the same.

A google search of "ni no kuni cexchange" shows that the OP in SD was reposted to a multitude of websites
You do realize people who don't visit CAG or SD exist and post deals all the time on other websites right?

I swear, people on CAG and SD always complain about each other doing this and that when both sites do the same exact thing. Yes, people abuse deals and are willing to swindle stores but "everyone" from either site has the ability to do that and has done that on both sites.

This idiotic battle (mostly from people on CAG complaining about SD) needs to stop. You missing out on a trade in and / or deal is your own fault for not being quick or smart enough to get a deal (knowing store policies, when to call, when to reserve, etc). There will always be people to ruin a deal. Not all of them are from XYZ site.

For your entertainment https://www.google.com/search?q=ni+no+kuni+cexchange&oq=ni+no+kuni+cexchange&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

If you care to click, it shows no post for this trade in deal.

This does though https://www.google.com/search?q=ni+no+kuni+cexchange&oq=ni+no+kuni+cexchange&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=ni+no+kuni+trade+in+walmart

Also know that the sites reposting the SD thread is just a repost of this thread. The original deal did come from CAG, than SD, than etc. etc.

posts don't really matter when at any given time there are more people not posting who are members anonymous and guests. I'd say maybe 10 or so of the names in the reading the topics bar actually post.
Now that you bring that up. Over 31k people viewed this thread. The thread on SD has... drumroll... 18k+.

Told ya. Their site is significantly more mainstream than ours because it goes beyond video games, and seems to attract more traditional coupon-clippers/deal hunters/resellers/people who make a living on this stuff (as they wouldn't limit themselves to just deals on video games). I remember this one documentary about a family that made a living filling out surveys, entering giveaways, scrounging coupons, going through dumpsters for bottles to recycle. A group like that is more likely to use SD than here.

This idiotic battle (mostly from people on CAG complaining about SD) needs to stop. You miss out on a trade in and / or is your own fault for not being quick or smart enough to get a deal (knowing store policies, when to call, when to reserve, etc). There will always be people to ruin a deal. Not all of them are from XYZ site.
Are you seriously implying that the only people that have a problem with SD are people who are upset about missing out on a deal?

Ridiculous. I don't whine about SD if I miss out on a deal, it happens all the time. What I care about are people who go overboard with it with no sense of self-control. Do these people often contribute in ending deals before their time? Absolutely, and yeah it sucks, but it's not the missing out on the deal, it's the pure selfishness these people exhibit (both to their fellow deal-seekers, and to the people who would end up buying the games to actually play), that is objectionable.

Personally, I never implied SD alone ruined anything (as we had good ol' 19 copies right here at CAG). Just that they have a bigger percentage of those kind of no-restraint users.

Also, missing out on a deal is occasionally due to one's ethics instead of just speed/timing. I know a deal or two I skipped on because they didn't sit right with me.

I don't care either way cause everyone should do as they want but comparing the two threads aint exactly fair and comparative since this thread was started march 18th though the one on slickdeals about the game that you said has only 100 wasn't made until last night. this thread has 31, 821 views and 430 posts while the slickdeals one has 18,424 views and 112 posts in just one 24 hours period. so over a 6 day period this thread only averaged 72 posts a day compared to slickdeals 112 post in a same 24 hour period. now view wise this thread only averaged 5,304 views a day versus slickdeals 18,424 view in a day average. simple math.

According to the people that replied to my last post walmart will cancel them all. I think they will pay up for those that traded in.

I don't care either way cause everyone should do as they want but comparing the two threads aint exactly fair and comparative since this thread was started march 18th though the one on slickdeals about the game that you said has only 100 wasn't made until last night. this thread has 31, 821 views and 430 posts while the slickdeals one has 18,424 views and 112 posts in just one 24 hours period. so over a 6 day period this thread only averaged 72 posts a day compared to slickdeals 112 post in a same 24 hour period. now view wise this thread only averaged 5,304 views a day versus slickdeals 18,424 view in a day average. simple math.
Than you go on to compare. But as we both said, it doesn't matter. Either way, the TIV is down. We'll see how this turns out on Wednesday or whenever people get their GC or games back.

Still, blaming one site over the other (among the countless other deal sites out there) is pointless and stupid. Simply act quick and get a deal.

Are you seriously implying that the only people that have a problem with SD are people who are upset about missing out on a deal?

Ridiculous. I don't whine about SD if I miss out on a deal, it happens all the time. What I care about are people who go overboard with it with no sense of self-control. Do these people often contribute in ending deals before their time? Absolutely, and yeah it sucks, but it's not the missing out on the deal, it's the pure selfishness these people exhibit (both to their fellow deal-seekers, and to the people who would end up buying the games to actually play), that is objectionable.

Personally, I never implied SD alone ruined anything (as we had good ol' 19 copies right here at CAG). Just that they have a bigger percentage of those kind of no-restraint users.

Also, missing out on a deal is occasionally due to one's ethics instead of just speed/timing. I know a deal or two I skipped on because they didn't sit right with me.
And you need to realize that people do that here too. I'm not implying that's the only reason, it's just the main reason when I do see people complaining about SD.

But yes, the percentage of people who could abuse is higher at SD b/c they have more people viewing their deals.

And trust me, I've skipped out on my fair share of "deals" b/c it was more exploitation than deals. Which I find more of those here. The 360 pink controller trade in to Amazon, Gamestop 50% off tablets deal, this Ni no Kuni trade in... all of these were on CAG first.

Don't get me wrong, I see some of these exploit deals on SD but I see much more here on CAG. But as it's looked down more upon here, it's kept quiet.

Either way, both communities have people that do wrong. Blaming one over the other isn't' going to solve anything.

I totally ignored this thread thinking, it's Walmart the max tiv is probably like $12 for new release $60 games and $3 for everything else.

That no no kuni is hilarious.

Don't get me wrong, I see some of these exploit deals on SD but I see much more here on CAG. But as it's looked down more upon here, it's kept quiet.
Exactly this. It's more looked down upon here, and that is exactly why I prefer CAG, and exactly what makes us different from SD (and a better site overall imo), even if a substantial percentage of our userbase is as bad as SD or worse. As long as we have that vocal conscience here, I don't think we can ever be as bad as the other site.

Like I said I never implied that we don't have terrible fucking people here (I mean IATCG was here for the longest time), but I'd rather the cesspit with a public conscience than the cesspit where anything goes. That's pretty much all there is to it.

I think they'll honor it simply because they're still offering $10 for it.  If they thought they were getting too many trade ins for it don't you all think they'd be offering even less than $10 now, even after this entire fiasco?

I think it's hilarious when people throw the word ethics around when talking about fucking Walmart.
You know what they say. Two wrongs don't make a right. You don't like them? Don't shop there.

Edit: Not defending the shit Walmart pulls (corporate welfare especially) though, just saying.

i dont know his address i know he lives in scranton
He's a fucking riot though.

The stories he tells---that man child has no shame. He will play GTA IV on his 37" CRT and enjoy every minute of flying planes through buildings---only taking breaks to chase kids of his grandfather's lawn. He enjoys bitching about politics, complaining about unions and how they lead to potholes all up and down PA. He has flipped more HDMI cables to Gamestop then the entire CAG community...combined. He single handedly started and ended the penny guide program at Best Buy. He has dated girls he met on Craigslist. But most telling of all.... he has been banned from CAG only to go on to thrive at SD.

He will forever be known as.....

The Cheapest Gamer

I think they'll honor it simply because they're still offering $10 for it. If they thought they were getting too many trade ins for it don't you all think they'd be offering even less than $10 now, even after this entire fiasco?
They could just deny everyone who locked in a $47 TIV and be expecting everyone to resubmit at the $10 TIV. It's possible that all of this is exaggerated and they didn't get as many online trades as we expect. I'm sure there are plenty of people who didn't even lock in a trade and were expecting to just take them in on Wednesday.

I don't think anyone here knows how Walmart comes up with their values and how things are dealt with in situations like this. Amazon has had situations in the past where they started sending games back because they were getting spammed with games(Defiance?) that had little real value, but high TIV for some reason. On the other hand, I don't recall Best Buy denying mail in trades when they had their many screw ups. We just don't know how Walmart will handle this because they are new to video game trades.

bread's done
Back