Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

That's what I'm doing too. Just gonna wait till Wednesday. If they drop I'll return them. I got 3 Ghosts ps3 and 3 ni no kuni.

This has me worried:

Pricing

All pricing is subject to change without notice. For all prices, products and offers, the Company reserves the right to make adjustments at any time in its sole discretion. The Company reserves the right to void any transaction and return the Product(s) to the Seller.

I locked in 19 copies, reserved them at various BBs using GCU discount, will report back to let you know how it goes, walmart you crazy!

No way they are going to give $47 for Ni No Kuni. We're talking about Wally World here. They won't honor it due to the clause identified above. I wonder what the highest number someone is going to try to send in?

That being said, it's worth the try.

Ill risk it since ive already broken that rule several times in the past, also traded in 15x copies of the same title, yet I still was able to trade in yesterday, just planning to milk it as much as I can before the ban hammer at this point.

$47 for Ni no Kuni! Walmart must be crazy. I rather wait till I can trade it in in store next week before I risk it. Can get Ni no Kuni for $15/each at Gamestop after coupons or $17 (after taxes) at BB. Assuming the TIV stays, I'll make some great money from this. I doubt it will stay that high though.

$47 for Ni no Kuni! Walmart must be crazy. I rather wait till I can trade it in in store next week before I risk it. Can get Ni no Kuni for $15/each at Gamestop after coupons or $17 (after taxes) at BB. Assuming the TIV stays, I'll make some great money from this. I doubt it will stay that high though.
And if you can get those copies from Best Buy tomorrow with a b2g1, then dammmmnnnn

Same, Im planning to hold off shipping my copies until Wednesday to see if the values in-store are close or the same, would obviously rather get my GCs up front and take less profit

I've locked in 1 ni no kuni and 1 ps3 ghosts but thinking about forgetting the whole thing. I despise walmart and think they will just refuse any trade in with ni no kuni involved. Plus the credit would make me walk into a walmart and that would drain my inner being. 

I don't think there is any chance of ni no kuni being rejected if u send it in the old box.  Now the greatest hit maybe but if all they care about was upc then there should be no issue 

First off thanks to all who mentioned Ni No Kuni info on here. Second, I am a Walmart associate and they let us try this a week early, and it went through no problem. Not sure if any changes will be made by Wednesday, but it didn't ask for UPC at all. Just verified game title, signed paperwork, left with gift card printed on paper (checked balance at register and used on groceries before leaving - no problems).

Hope this helps others. Good luck.

First off thanks to all who mentioned Ni No Kuni info on here. Second, I am a Walmart associate and they let us try this a week early, and it went through no problem. Not sure if any changes will be made by Wednesday, but it didn't ask for UPC at all. Just verified game title, signed paperwork, left with gift card printed on paper (checked balance at register and used on groceries before leaving - no problems).

Hope this helps others. Good luck.
Thanks for the info. Was hoping that they would have given a gift card instead of an eGift Card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty bummed I didn't lock in prices on all my shovel-ware I wanted to get rid of. Coulda made a pretty nice profit. Now it's not worth it.
Good luck to all of you who did lock the prices in.

has anyone read some the fine print? some of them have me a bit skeptical about the online portion:

1. receive your payment within 2 to 4 weeks of receipt of the product by CExchange so 2 weeks to a month after receiving product to receive gift card it seem?

2. I don't think the cards can be use on gas or groceries or gift cards like you could in store cause it says this also : An eGift Card arrives via email with a card number and PIN that can be used for purchases at Walmart.com. Sam's Club members can also use it at Samsclub.com.

2. I don't think the cards can be use on gas or groceries or gift cards like you could in store cause it says this also : An eGift Card arrives via email with a card number and PIN that can be used for purchases at Walmart.com. Sam's Club members can also use it at Samsclub.com.
You can print them out and use it in store.

Source: googled "Can I use a walmart gift card in store"

has anyone read some the fine print? some of them have me a bit skeptical about the online portion:

1. receive your payment within 2 to 4 weeks of receipt of the product by CExchange so 2 weeks to a month after receiving product to receive gift card it seem?
That's only if you're mailing them in. In store it's instant. I do know that they used to have different cards for in store but if that happened you could just buy a regular card with the in store one. Or better yet put the money on a prepaid Visa

That's only if you're mailing them in. In store it's instant. I do know that they used to have different cards for in store but if that happened you could just buy a regular card with the in store one. Or better yet put the money on a prepaid Visa
Yea I seen that after looking more into it that why I'm just wait til Wednesday and hope some the values hold cause I don't feel like waiting 2 weeks to a month to finally get paid and with it being a new program and everyone sending in mass I expect it to probably be longer then a month to get paid going the online route

Can you buy a gc with a gc at walmart?
You cannot buy the majority of gift cards at Walmart with a Walmart gift card

However, the system will let you buy a Prepaid Visa card with a gift card, so it comes down to the decision the people who works in your local Walmart.

Aaaaaanndd it's on SD now.  Everyone who wants to sabotage the thread, please do.  The thread title is

Video game trade-in money maker-Wal*Mart offering $46.92 for Ni No Kuni for PS3, Best Buy sells it for $17.99 used

Aaaaaanndd it's on SD now. Everyone who wants to sabotage the thread, please do. The thread title is

Video game trade-in money maker-Wal*Mart offering $46.92 for Ni No Kuni for PS3, Best Buy sells it for $17.99 used
Might as well as kiss that TIV bye-bye.

This will fail if they don't have
Trade in bonuses
Take disc only

Last edited:
Ill risk it since ive already broken that rule several times in the past, also traded in 15x copies of the same title, yet I still was able to trade in yesterday, just planning to milk it as much as I can before the ban hammer at this point.
Here's some advice from a more experienced cag member here: think long term. Don't be the idiot that wants to make $500 in short lived 2 month span. You'd make thousands in the long run with less hassle and risk. A lot of the regulars are here because we become smarter with our purchasing and trading patterns over time. The whole greed thing x1000 doesn't sit well with most here. You'll just get hounded.

And now that SD knows, whoever leaked it just F'd it for everybody else. It was probably doomed from the beginning but now it's almost a guarantee. Grats.

Here's some advice from a more experienced cag member here: think long term. Don't be the idiot that wants to make $500 in short lived 2 month span. You'd make thousands in the long run with less hassle and risk. A lot of the regulars are here because we become smarter with our purchasing and trading patterns over time. The whole greed thing x1000 doesn't sit well with most here. You'll just get hounded.

And now that SD knows, whoever leaked it just F'd it for everybody else. It was probably doomed from the beginning but now it's almost a guarantee. Grats.
Have you seen the trade values? Outside of two specific games they're terrible. You'd be better off trading games to Gamestop. Early on will be the best and only time this program will have any real value.

Last edited by a moderator:

I see your point, but I had no idea I broke the trade in rule back in Jan when BB had the ridiculous 1 title limit per console, it was shortlived but I did break that rule, so I just figure theres a ban headed my way regardless. So in my situation, this is a short term money making opportunity.

As for SD, this was inevitable, SDers need their reps!

bread's done
Back