Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

I just read about this :/ do you know if Netflix will still work on a Wii? That's really lame...I can't imagine what I would if/when Sony decides to do something like this for the ps3
In Nintendo's official announcement they mentioned the streaming features would remain working, and that there are currently no plans to discontinue them.

Woo, no limits! Great, now I can probably pay for all my groceries with games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty interesting. They might do well in my area considering the nearest Target/Best Buy/Gamestop/Toys R Us are all 40 miles away. I'm not a big trader, but more options are always welcome.

Everyone keeps fucking complaining about trade in values and Walmart's competency with their employees but honestly you guys are just idiots who need to try a little harder when giving your games away. If GS and WM aren't giving you the value you want for the games, BOO fuckING HOO just sell your games online or something. And if you don't have any experience or are too lazy then learn how to do it. This website man

Everyone keeps fucking complaining about trade in values and Walmart's competency with their employees but honestly you guys are just idiots who need to try a little harder when giving your games away. If GS and WM aren't giving you the value you want for the games, BOO fuckING HOO just sell your games online or something. And if you don't have any experience or are too lazy then learn how to do it. This website man
Best angry morning post full of misdirected rage!

GARBAGE trade values just like most any place. do yourself a favor guys open an amazon sellers account and sell your own games. dont be stupid and give away your cash. i sell on amazon all the time and would rather get 2/3rds of what something is worth over 1/8th like most games get.
Or time it right and make money or get even money back on games via best buy and/or amazon.

Keep in mind Nintendo Wifi is shutting down on May 20th, this would be a good time to trade in games before the values on online-capable games tank
What online capable games? DS had a few, but Mario Kart and Goldeneye and kinda/sorta Conduit are the only ones I can think of on Wii that were even remotely worth anything when taken online. Aside from those games and MAYBE (but probably not) Pokemon I doubt the shutdown will impact Wii/DS prices at all

Last edited:
I didn't think TRU was discussed that much here. Gamers Factory who handled the trades went out of business. Some of the trade in values they and were awesome like $12.25 for Steel Diver when it was $5 at Best Buy. They also didn't advertise it well and almost every time I went to trade games at TRU the person at customer service had no idea how to process the trade.

If Mario Kart DS didn't have the save file tied to the cartridge, I would get rid of it for $23 and rebuy it later
Don't forget the $12 it gave for Duke Nukem. That of course was after BBV gave $16 and they cut the Nukem price on a Sunday to $5. 'Twas an epic time as I abuse the hell out of closing BBV stores as the employees didn't care. All while BBY had mounds of Nukem for $3-$5. along with $5 Hunted demon forge and Bulletstorm

I think that was the only time I went truly nuts trading in games. I had to trade in probably 40+ Duke to various different BBVs and then grab their used games to flip to TRU and BBY. Ended up getting enough for a big screen TV and a crib on AMZ during that fiasco.

So a part of me is intrigued by this, but know I went nuts last time.

Although not as recent as a week ago, this was at my local Walmart for years. I think sometime last year it finally disappeared or got buried in the discount game bin never to be seen again. I thought the $51.96 was a mistake since it was over MSRP but I took it to the scanner just to see what it would scan for and it did scan for $51.96 (even if had scanned for more than $1 I wouldn't have bought it). This is the same Walmart that has 3 aisles of clearance items where over half of the items there are full price and not marked down at all and the few clearance items there are around 10% off, something like was $4.97 now $4.48.
Smart Department Managers/ZMSs wait for Home Office to approve markdowns. Any Department Manager who went ahead and took the initiative themselves got canned. Happened all too often for the amount of time I've worked there. That's why you see decades-old games never drop in price.

If the values are decent compared to GS and BB I will welcome this personally, BB is an hour drive for me. Willing to lose a few bucks to save time on the road.

Holy moly. I found some insane values for old Wii games. Once I lock them in I'll post them up.

Never mind. I never really kept up with old Wii games. I guess some of the ones I have are rare like Animal Crossing City Folk etc. WM is giving $10.75 for it but looks like eBay they sell for $20+

Just knew TiV was like $0.25 for many of these Wii games but I guess I found a few treasures in my inventory.

I remember when Best Buy announced it was doing trade ins with no limits. I locked in 10 lbps and bought 10 for half that at gs. Sent them 10 copies in a big box, and in comes gift card. I thought that was a one time shot, but now like 4 years later, and im still trading in stuff at best buy. Alot more rules and regulations, and banned for a year (lol just traded through my girl/friends) but crazy world.

What online capable games? DS had a few, but Mario Kart and Goldeneye and kinda/sorta Conduit are the only ones I can think of on Wii that were even remotely worth anything when taken online. Aside from those games and MAYBE (but probably not) Pokemon I doubt the shutdown will impact Wii/DS prices at all
Some of the Project Rainfall games (Xenoblade Chronicles, Last Story, Pandora's Tower) had online features I believe. The biggest ones other than what you listed are Smash Bros. & the CoD games.

I remember when Best Buy announced it was doing trade ins with no limits. I locked in 10 lbps and bought 10 for half that at gs. Sent them 10 copies in a big box, and in comes gift card. I thought that was a one time shot, but now like 4 years later, and im still trading in stuff at best buy. Alot more rules and regulations, and banned for a year (lol just traded through my girl/friends) but crazy world.
This was my point. When companies start these they always trip up once or twice. It'll be our jobs to find those trips.

Anyone try that cash for games? I'm going to sell a bunch of Game cube and PS 1 games there no one else will take. Pretty good values on some too, guess I will see.

Some of the Project Rainfall games (Xenoblade Chronicles, Last Story, Pandora's Tower) had online features I believe. The biggest ones other than what you listed are Smash Bros. & the CoD games.
Last Story had an online multiplayer mode that was DoA. Xenoblade was completely offline. I haven't gotten to Pandora's Tower yet but I'm pretty sure it's completely offline too. I doubt very seriously the network shutdown would impact any of those games.

SSBB's online was an awful lagfest and is more or less dead now too. I never tried any of the CoD games so I won't comment there, but if their online infrastructure was anything like Goldeneye it will be a notable loss.

Last Story had an online multiplayer mode that was DoA. Xenoblade was completely offline. I haven't gotten to Pandora's Tower yet but I'm pretty sure it's completely offline too. I doubt very seriously the network shutdown would impact any of those games.

SSBB's online was an awful lagfest and is more or less dead now too. I never tried any of the CoD games so I won't comment there, but if their online infrastructure was anything like Goldeneye it will be a notable loss.
correct. pandora's tower isnt online. youre right last story's co op has been all but dead since launch.

I'm not a big fan of Wal-Mart but this WOULD mean that I wouldn't have to change out of my pajama's to go trade-in a game. Hmm...

I was actually banned from GS.com for that LBP deal

I didn't see any decent trade values yet for anything I typed in. Has anyone else seen any?
$18.22 for a working, original copy of BF4 for PS4. Lol. I can make double that easy elsewhere.

$38.00 for Ghosts. I'm so confused.

Yeah that will be horrible. I have walked past customer service there with 1 person behind the counter and then 6+ people waiting in line. By the time you wait in line for 15 minutes, then wait when they call someone over who knows how to process the trades, they actually scan the games and take your information and get your giftcard it could take 30 - 45 minutes. I was really hoping you could just walk back to electronics where there is rarely a line and just trade the games in there.

Maybe the layaway/Internet pick up desk will handle the trade ins???  Lord knows my Wal-Mart needs something for those people to do besides go look for an item and come back to the desk 5 MINUTES LATER smelling like cigarette smoke.  Then they have the nerve to ask me to see the copy again of my print out, after I already offered it to them.  FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Did anyone else notice a drop in values? The total of the games that I added to my cart is now less than what it was yesterday. I added many games so I'm not sure where the drop took place

Maybe the layaway/Internet pick up desk will handle the trade ins??? Lord knows my Wal-Mart needs something for those people to do besides go look for an item and come back to the desk 5 MINUTES LATER smelling like cigarette smoke. Then they have the nerve to ask me to see the copy again of my print out, after I already offered it to them. FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
At least your stores keep those desks manned. Mine don't. If I need to order something Site to Store (usually more "exotic" foods like Nori :???: ) I have to hunt down an employee and ask if they can help. I've found that there's a 50/50 chance that they'll say yes or no, and if they won't I have to repeat until I find somebody else. Then it's at least a good 10 minute wait for them to find anything.

Did anyone else notice a drop in values? The total of the games that I added to my cart is now less than what it was yesterday. I added many games so I'm not sure where the drop took place
Call of Duty Ghosts PS3 still goes for 30.80. Hope is stays that way the next couple of days.

Whats the policy regarding "locked" in values?
According to an email you have to ship it within 7 days to maintain trade in values.

How are you guys packaging the trades? I'm a bit confused by the wording involving the "waybill pouch" and folding the second page in half (?). I'm not too familiar with how FedEx handles prepaid labels.

EDIT:

ATK was $1.94 or so yesterday, now it's $1.55.

bread's done
Back