Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

You dissolved him into a solvent?
LOL. I have the worst cold I've had in years. I'm a complete mess. I'm at work but barely functional. Also, please note, it's a family business so I am not surfing the internet and incorrectly spelling words on someone else's dime. :)

Employee education- Yeah there's lots of bad GS locations, but even the bad GS's are generally better than Walmart. I've tried to buy stuff at WM in Electronics and just get blank stares. Also what about games w/o serial numbers or games with special serial numbers that are a retailer exclusive like the Target exclusive Square Enix Steelbook games? With as few staffers as WM puts in Electronics, can you imagine the holdups when trades are introduced?
[SIZE=medium]I’m going to have to call bullshit on this point. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]GameStop is, easily, one of the slowest, most excruciatingly protracted places to shop. Their stores almost never have more than one employee at a register (even with multiple employees in the store) and they are so unbelievably slow because of the corporate-driven impetus to upsell everything. I’ve literally been in situations where it takes them 20 minutes to service a single customer and god help you if said customer is trading in a system or a significant amount of software because that can easily become an even lengthier wait. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I’m not asserting WM will be any better but GS is worthless in terms of expedience. I won’t generally go into a GS to pick up a new game specifically because a laborious wait, even in a store mostly bereft of customers, is generally assured. [/SIZE]

I’m going to have to call bullshit on this point.

GameStop is, easily, one of the slowest, most excruciatingly protracted places to shop. Their stores almost never have more than one employee at a register (even with multiple employees in the store) and they are so unbelievably slow because of the corporate-driven impetus to upsell everything. I’ve literally been in situations where it takes them 20 minutes to service a single customer and god help you if said customer is trading in a system or a significant amount of software because that can easily become an even lengthier wait.

I’m not asserting WM will be any better but GS is worthless in terms of expedience. I won’t generally go into a GS to pick up a new game specifically because a laborious wait, even in a store mostly bereft of customers, is generally assured.
I once had to wait a while at a Gamestop b/c of the reasons you mentioned, but I knew the kind of profit that I was going to make trading in the games so I didn't mind...so many $hell gas cards were purchased that day :$ lol

I'm not sure why someone said FYE trades was killed.  I still trade in there sometimes for profit.

And you can use WM gift cards to purchase Visa cards through Walmart.com

I’m going to have to call bullshit on this point.

GameStop is, easily, one of the slowest, most excruciatingly protracted places to shop. Their stores almost never have more than one employee at a register (even with multiple employees in the store) and they are so unbelievably slow because of the corporate-driven impetus to upsell everything. I’ve literally been in situations where it takes them 20 minutes to service a single customer and god help you if said customer is trading in a system or a significant amount of software because that can easily become an even lengthier wait.

I’m not asserting WM will be any better but GS is worthless in terms of expedience. I won’t generally go into a GS to pick up a new game specifically because a laborious wait, even in a store mostly bereft of customers, is generally assured.
Depends on volume I guess. I shop at the 2nd highest volume GS in STL & outside of someone being on break in the afternoon or between 5-6 before the 2nd person comes in to close there's always 2 people in the store at all times & everyone who works there can work the registers.

Now if people have large trades then yes things bog down. Low volume stores though only have multiple people working on weekends so yeah I can understand that situation.

You can tell GS is so greedy & profit driven as just look at any other store around them and compare the number of people working. GS always cuts manpower at the stores to the bone.

Damn everyone's trying to kill Gamestop now/ride that profit bus. Surprised it took Wal-Mart this long to do.

I work for them so it will be interesting to see what comes in, and what is fliptastic. 

My point is... who gives a crap?

Seriously. So what if they sell it for $20 or $50 or $1000? All you care about is how much you can get for it. What does it matter to you how much Other M is selling for? Are you going to trade it in for $3 and then buy it back? Do you go to best buy and bemoan the fact that they're giving $20 for a game after bonus and sell it for $15? No. So stop worrying about it.

Disconnect between retail price and trade in value when it favors you = HOORAY FLIP TIME

Disconnect between retail price and trade in value when it doesn't favor you = HOW DARE THEY. HOW. DARE. THEY!!! RAAAAAAAGGGGGGE!

Some CAGs boy -- always finding indignity in shit they shouldn't give a rat's ass about.

Bah. Anyway, you know what we really need? Good bonuses like amazon did when they first started their trade in store.
1. It's interesting, and slightly humorous, that Wal-Mart still has it priced at $50. EIther way the conversation doesn't hurt you in any way.

2. It's fun to compare the prices on games.

3. As I said, I am very curious as to what will ultimately happen to these games.

4. The bleeding heart in me hates to see people ripped off like this. Before I found this site I was one of those suckers.... paying full price for games, not knowing there was a better way :cry:

5. I don't flip.

6. You do realize that you're complaining about my post is worse than you say my original post was right? And my current reply brings us down even lower... but I still wanted to point that irony out to you.

Last edited:
As of right now, the TIV for Duke Nukem Forever at Walmart is $5.09 and the used price for it at Gamestop is $3.99.

Here's to making a buck per copy of DNF.

1. It's interesting, and slightly humorous, that Wal-Mart still has it priced at $50. EIther way the conversation doesn't hurt you in any way.
2. It's fun to compare the prices on games.
3. As I said, I am very curious as to what will ultimately happen to these games.
4. The bleeding heart in me hates to see people ripped off like this. Before I found this site I was one of those suckers.... paying full price for games, not knowing there was a better way :cry:
5. I don't flip.
6. You do realize that you're complaining about my post is worse than you say my original post was right? And my current reply brings us down even lower... but I still wanted to point that irony out to you sir.
To answer your third question Walmart already said these trade ins will be labeled with a certified pre owned label and sold in store and on there website they are hoping to build up a inventory by summer

To answer your third question Walmart already said these trade ins will be labeled with a certified pre owned label and sold in store and on there website they are hoping to build up a inventory by summer
I meant the tons of $50 Metroid Other M games that have been sitting on the shelves since they launched. Still a few copies of Monster Hunter Tri for $40 or $50 too, along with a bunch of other overpriced Wii games that nobody in their right mind would ever buy.

How would someone scam Redbox anyways? Don't you need a valid account with a credit card to rent movies/games? I'm pretty sure it's in their terms that you are billed for any unreturned rentals
Rent using stolen or fake credit card or rent then use a hi res scanner/copier combo to scan the top of the disc and print it and put the printer copy in the case and return there different ways to do everything anymore

I meant the tons of $50 Metroid Other M games that have been sitting on the shelves since they launched. Still a few copies of Monster Hunter Tri for $40 or $50 too, along with a bunch of other overpriced Wii games that nobody in their right mind would ever buy.
it cause every store is different each store video game markdowns are the decision of the electronics department manager at each location there no system wide markdowns

it cause every store is different each store video game markdowns are the decision of the electronics department manager at each location there no system wide markdowns
Yes I know. I'm still curious what will ultimately happen to them, I guess EVENTUALLY they may be marked down to $5 but if they were gonna do so seems like they'd have done it already. I mean hell, they still have Okami at $40..... wasn't that a launch title?

Rent using stolen or fake credit card or rent then use a hi res scanner/copier combo to scan the top of the disc and print it and put the printer copy in the case and return there different ways to do everything anymore
Oh gotcha...thats shady. I've seen plenty of disc only new game releases on ebay.

Cheapest? That you? :)

@rpckabye - the trade any game for $10? That was ridiculous. I hope they bring it back. Just once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapest? That you? :)

@rpckabye - the trade any game for $10? That was ridiculous. I hope they bring it back. Just once.
What are you talking about? Someone asked how is it possible and couldnt believe it could be done and I just explained how It was possible since it was a discussion some of us had in awd thread few days ago about some sellers on amazon and eBay I never said I did that stuff so need to reread the previous posts before talking

Yes I know. I'm still curious what will ultimately happen to them, I guess EVENTUALLY they may be marked down to $5 but if they were gonna do so seems like they'd have done it already. I mean hell, they still have Okami at $40..... wasn't that a launch title?
Come back when you can beat my example of Walmart overpricing: 10 copies of ET for the GBA for $30 each. Seen about a week ago.

Come back when you can beat my example of Walmart overpricing: 10 copies of ET for the GBA for $30 each. Seen about a week ago.
Although not as recent as a week ago, this was at my local Walmart for years. I think sometime last year it finally disappeared or got buried in the discount game bin never to be seen again. I thought the $51.96 was a mistake since it was over MSRP but I took it to the scanner just to see what it would scan for and it did scan for $51.96 (even if had scanned for more than $1 I wouldn't have bought it). This is the same Walmart that has 3 aisles of clearance items where over half of the items there are full price and not marked down at all and the few clearance items there are around 10% off, something like was $4.97 now $4.48.

Keep in mind Nintendo Wifi is shutting down on May 20th, this would be a good time to trade in games before the values on online-capable games tank

Well, I'm trading in a ton of really old games with shitty values everywhere else and getting a little over $45.  Not too bad for me.  I'm doing it through the online system though.

Keep in mind Nintendo Wifi is shutting down on May 20th, this would be a good time to trade in games before the values on online-capable games tank
I just read about this :/ do you know if Netflix will still work on a Wii? That's really lame...I can't imagine what I would if/when Sony decides to do something like this for the ps3

It takes me 10 minutes to find an employee just to buy a game in Wal-Mart. How are they going to do trades?
Tell me about it man. Last time I went to Walmart, the employee working electronics didn't even have a key to open the glass case. Dude walked to Timbuktu and back and still came back without a key. Never again, Never again!!!!

Wow, I didn't expect Walmart to start offering trade-ins.

I have no plans to use it but might if the TIV was good and there wasn't any better option.

I used to work at walmart stocking shelves from 10pm-7am and customers treated me like crap cause I didn't know exactly where the fucking funions were. basically what I'm trying to say is please don't go to walmart to trade in games

I used to work at walmart stocking shelves from 10pm-7am and customers treated me like crap cause I didn't know exactly where the fucking funions were. basically what I'm trying to say is please don't go to walmart to trade in games
Funyuns. Get it right. No wonder you couldn't find them.

Per their trade in policy:

There is no limit. Customers can bring in multiple games at once, for an immediate credit of up to $250 per transaction.

However, stores always make their own policy based on circumstances. So as people complain about un-knowledgeable employees, it might be favorable to you because of that.

I've read everywhere I could about the policy of Walmart's CExchange program. Even checked out Cexchange.com and there is nothing that mentions a limit on the number of video games you can trade in.

I'd say that next best thing would be to contact CExchange directly (as Walmart never knows anything) and ask a representative about their policy.

Tell me about it man. Last time I went to Walmart, the employee working electronics didn't even have a key to open the glass case. Dude walked to Timbuktu and back and still came back without a key. Never again, Never again!!!!
walmart employees don't do individual decision making very well. i bet you will have to mail them off before u cash in. probably will take a week, and they won't do it in store, i betcha.

I just read about this :/ do you know if Netflix will still work on a Wii? That's really lame...I can't imagine what I would if/when Sony decides to do something like this for the ps3
From my understanding Netflix, Hulu Plus, and the Virtual Console will all still work on Wii after the Wi-Fi network shutdown. There's an FAQ on Nintendo's site.

GARBAGE trade values just like most any place.  do yourself a favor guys open an amazon sellers account and sell your own games.   dont be stupid and give away your cash.  i sell on amazon all the time and would rather get 2/3rds of what something is worth over 1/8th like most games get.

bread's done
Back