Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

Their trade in system is smarter than Best Buy that's for sure. They probably lower values based on trades already locked in like Amazon, good luck exploiting. Like Ricequakes says, Ghost for PS3 is GREAT flip/transfer, not to mention Target is expensive these days.

Yeah COD Ghost for Ps3 at target is $33.49 and $20 off if you reserve any of the listed new games for $1 dollar. makes it $14.49+tax out of pocket for COD ghosts and walmart is paying $30.80 Ps3 for used copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also noticed some drops, I was only sending in lower priced older games I want to get rid of from my collection and many dropped $0.40 - $2.00. I locked in everything now since it was still way more than I would get elsewhere. Like Madden 07 for PS3, it was trading in for $1.96 now it's getting $1.57. I'll still take the $1.57 considering GS is selling it for $0.99 used (I didn't buy it from GS).

I just tried searching for PlayStation 4 console again. Looks like it went back up to 375 for everything it came with.

How are you guys packaging the trades? I'm a bit confused by the wording involving the "waybill pouch" and folding the second page in half (?). I'm not too familiar with how FedEx handles prepaid labels.

EDIT:

ATK was $1.94 or so yesterday, now it's $1.55.
Their shipping instructions had me confused as well. The only item that goes on the box is the shipping label (your printer should have it as page 1 - with the address). The 2 steps they show are the same step! I printed out a second copy of the actual trades and put in the box to be safe. The pouch is what Fedex uses to put labels in. I have a Fedex/Kinkos right up the road so they provided it....not sure if you can just tape on the label...a trip to fedex.com should resolve the question.

Dang, 27 bucks for GTA V on 360? That's not bad at all. Is Game Stop giving anywhere near that amount? o.0

I was all excited to trade in the other half of my retro games that I did not unload to radio shack, only to find that they only take in previous gen later.  :(

Original Ni No Kuni, search the price on good condition and origenal packaging. You will probably be as surprised as I was.

Interesting, did you specify original for a specific reason, are there reprints ?
Yes there is the red case version now. I'm guessing they won't take that one for the same price since they are currently selling it in stores for $20.

I bought my origenal print for $20 at walmart I'm extremely tempted to sell it back for the 38.xx

Yes there is the red case version now. I'm guessing they won't take that one for the same price since they are currently selling it in stores for $20.

I bought my origenal print for $20 at walmart I'm extremely tempted to sell it back for the 38.xx
Why wouldn't they take it? That listing is the only one that appears when you search "ni no kuni".

Why wouldn't they take it? That listing is the only one that appears when you search "ni no kuni".
Really? The one that appears for me is the origenal clear box one with just the text and background. Not Olivers picture on a red case. At least when I see it to trade it in, not to buy it.

Really? The one that appears for me is the origenal clear box one with just the text and background. Not Olivers picture on a red case. At least when I see it to trade it in, not to buy it.
When you type "ni no kuni" into the search bar for trading in games, only one result appears--the one with the text + background. If there was a separate listing with the red-case cover art, I'd understand why rejection is likely, but given the circumstances, it's possible they'll accept any copy at that rate.

Note that I have absolutely no confirmation that this is the case--I'm just extrapolating from what's there on the trade-in site.

Also, what exactly would you have to lose by sending in the red-case version? If it's rejected, then at least you gave it a shot and hopefully you'll get the game back in the same condition it was when you mailed it.

More drops today, at this rate the program will be worthless before it starts in store. Just Dance 3 Wii was trading in for $7 on Wednesday, $5.xx yesterday and now $4.xx today.

For the shipping, I shipped 3 games yesterday, I put the entire label on the bubble mailer and printed the 2nd page with the barcode for them to scan with the games listed and put that in the bubble mailer with the games and dropped it in a FedEx drop box.

Still have my sealed copy (RPGs just take so much time to play). I want to play it, but DAT TRADE IN VALUE.

I tried a dummy order for two Ni No Kuni's and after I created an account it submitted it and prompted me to print a shipping label. :/

I don't own two copies of this game and there is no cancel button lol

:/ I don't know how Walmart is in the rest of the country but in NY its filthy, crowded, stink and the employees look like they just got out of prison and can't identify what a hexagon is.

I'll post in a couple of hours if the UPC is the same for the greatest hits version if no one else does by then. I got a couple of places I need to go to first before stopping at BBY.

Hmm, so the question is are the kuni upc's the same !!!
If both types have the UPC 722674110716, then they are.

EDIT: When I type that into Amazon, I get the listing with the GH/red-box and alternate artwork, so it looks good...

Some of the games that had trade in values last night, now say "Thanks for recycling your electronic device properly...

Sony Playstation 3 Medal of Honor:…

The model you have selected does not have any trade-in value due most likely to its relative age. However, CExchange will gladly recycle it for you, along with any other items you have that you are unable to find in the trade-in portion of this site. Complete the form below with the correct quantities, and CExchange will provide you with a free shipping label, even if you have no items to trade in."

I just picked up 3 greatest hits red copies at BBY and can confirm the UPC is the same. To be 100% sure while in the store I entered the UPC on the case on the trade in site and the trade in listing showed up with it.

I just picked up 3 greatest hits red copies at BBY and can confirm the UPC is the same. To be 100% sure while in the store I entered the UPC on the case on the trade in site and the trade in listing showed up with it.
I can't believe I'm going to say this a third time:

And here. We. Go.

:fridge:

I would advise against sending the GH version after seeing other GH games which have specific listings with GH in the title.  And is return shipping free or do we have to pay?

How do trading online work. similar to Best buy I send them my trade in and the sent a gift card back through the mail or email?. My local Walmart still have both version of Ni No Kuni. Gonna buy one and flip it back along with ACIV for the wii u. Looking at over 50 for both. 

Anyone actually print one of these shipping labels yet? My printer wants to cut the barcode in half so it is on 2 separate pages.

Edit: If I print in landscape, the barcode remains intact, but the label is still split between 2 pages. Not a big deal.

I ordered a few copies of Ni No Kuni from Best Buy and I won't be worried if they are greatest hits. Heavy Rain only has a greatest hits listing and it wouldn't make sense for them to deny a copy of Heavy Rain because it isn't GH. The UPC has been confirmed to be the same, so that should remove any doubt imo.

Unlike Amazon though I don't see any reference to a UPC for any games.
If you type a game's UPC into the search bar, it brings you directly to the game's page. I agree that no UPC is listed on any page, but one would hope that that's why the original box is required--so they can scan the UPC to verify that the game matches what's in their database.

Just locked my COD: Ghosts trade-in for $30.  Glad I have a Fed-Ex/Kinkos around the corner.  Not too keen with their mail-in instruction vernacular, so I'll just take it in and have them decipher it to me in plain English.  ;)

But $30 is insane!  First COD I cannot stand.  Was going to trade it in to BBY for $18 and take the loss, but for $30 I only lose $5 (bought for $35 on BF). 

Thanks for the heads-up OP!  :D

Okay, so it does seem that they only have GH or PH listings for a game when the UPC is different from the original's.  However, Heavy Rain has different UPC's yet they only list the GH version so that's a little interesting.  I think I'll just buy a few a each version and I assume at least one or the other gets accepted.

Okay, so it does seem that they only have GH or PH listings for a game when the UPC is different from the original's. However, Heavy Rain has different UPC's yet they only list the GH version so that's a little interesting. I think I'll just buy a few a each version and I assume at least one or the other gets accepted.
Maybe I'm missing something...but why all the talk about Heavy Rain? The only listing I see for it is the GH version for only $3.05.

Maybe I'm missing something...but why all the talk about Heavy Rain? The only listing I see for it is the GH version for only $3.05.
It's just being used as an example of a game with two "versions", Greatest Hits and non-GH. We're really talking about Ni no Kuni, which, while it has GH and non-GH versions, has the same UPC on both.

Anyone else notice that their "terms and conditions" state they, "the company," have to receive the games within 10 days but yet in the confirmation email they send you it contradicts this saying only that the package has to be postmarked within 7 days.

Do you just need the order ID code or all the Appraisal Id codes to show on the printout? Whenever I print out the sheet it only shows 6 of 9 of Appraisal ID's.

You guys think they will all go through?

How much time do they give for you to send the games in?
They give you 7 days to postmark it, 10 days for it to arrive there.

My worst case scenario: Relock trade in values if it gets closer to expiration. If the TIV decreased for a game, then I know I've gotta get off my lazy ass and head over to FedEx. ;_;

There aren't any reasons for it to not go through as long as they're in working condition and has the original case. The ToS says there are no limit on the # of copies of a single game you can trade in. I honestly don't think that Walmart wants to get a bad rap right off the bat. It might be a different story later on though.

They give you 7 days to postmark it, 10 days for it to arrive there.

My worst case scenario: Relock trade in values if it gets closer to expiration. If the TIV decreased for a game, then I know I've gotta get off my lazy ass and head over to FedEx. ;_;

There aren't any reasons for it to not go through as long as they're in working condition and has the original case. The ToS says there are no limit on the # of copies of a single game you can trade in. I honestly don't think that Walmart wants to get a bad rap right off the bat. It might be a different story later on though.
yeah, my best buy has bunch of copies lol

thinking I will just do 3.

Does walmart have amazon gift cards?

yeah, my best buy has bunch of copies lol

thinking I will just do 3.

Does walmart have amazon gift cards?
Nope, however I've heard that Walmart's system will let you buy a prepaid credit card with the gift card, but most employees and managers won't let you do it. I'm going to try two or so Walmarts before I give up....

I'll just have them price match Fred Meyers.

Nope, however I've heard that Walmart's system will let you buy a prepaid credit card with the gift card, but most employees and managers won't let you do it. I'm going to try two or so Walmarts before I give up....

Haha alright, they have some good restaurant gift cards I guess.

Also forgot to thank you for answering my questions :eek:

thanks. :)

The rules have been up. They will not take anything that doesn't have the original case and artwork and matching game disc. Discs must not be damaged or broke. They will NOT take anything that is not in their database so you can't bring older games in. In addition, if the UPC does not match theirs in the system, they will not take it.

Don't go too crazy looking for and sharing good values until Wednesday. I rather get stuff faster on Wednesday than waiting forever for it to be mailed to them, processed and then mailed back to me. Unless you want the values to tank overnight and worry about holding onto a handful games you had no interest in besides flipping.

bread's done
Back