Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

Not sure if this was asked before but anyone have any idea if you can just trade in, pay for a Walmart money card and than withdraw the money?

Also, people were saying they managed to put the money onto a (visa / mastercard?) gift card but when I tried at my local store the register wouldn't allow it.

Not sure if this was asked before but anyone have any idea if you can just trade in, pay for a Walmart money card and than withdraw the money?

Also, people were saying they managed to put the money onto a (visa / mastercard?) gift card but when I tried at my local store the register wouldn't allow it.
buy somethign return it 4 cash...worked for my xbox one

Without a receipt I assume...
Walmart's No Receipt policy applies to items returned in a store only.

You have the option of:

• A cash refund (for purchases under $25)
  • A Gift Card for the amount of the purchase (for purchases over $25)
  • An even exchange for the product
so to get a cash refund you will have to keep it under $25 otherwise they just put It back on a gift card again

Yeah, I was talking about having cash (for trades over $25 onto a walmart GC) or a Visa giftcard. Doesn't look like anyone actually found a way to get that done.

I think the reason the visa cards don't but the MasterCards and Amex cards do is because the visas are two steps to buy while the others are one step

Be careful with your e gift cards. I put mine on my walmart.com account and a hacker logged into my account and bought prepaid gift cards and emailed to himself. Walmart says I'm SOL.

Walmart's site is hacked all the time. For some reason, media never report it like target did. I only use paypal on walmart's site now.

Just got back from Target and brought 3 for PS3. Went to the BB across the street and traded it in for $85 (after GCU). Than got a Visa gift card and amount came to $79. Well worth it for only spending $49.

Was going to get more to trade to Walmart but the closest stores only had 1 in stock. Not worth the hassle.

They got it sorted out for me. They said someone on the other side of the country with a Chinese browser changed my info and bought the stuff. A simple email to a news reporter got corporate to get my gift card back.

I have had so many problems with Walmart gift cards, and its only walmart, so something must be wrong on their end. I have had the remaining balance on a Walmart gift card I used at Sam's Club stolen from me after I used it, I suspect it was the cashier that switched the cards on me but this is not an isolated incident for me. This card was used on a day when it would have been impossible for me to use it based on the time and date it was used. I also won a Walmart gift card in a contest one time, and it was used way before it even got to me, by someone in California, which would be impossible for me since I am in NY state and I don't ever travel to CA.

I WOULD NOT trust walmart gift cards at all, if you have one, spend it immediately in some way, and never give them as gifts, it will probably be used up by a scammer before your recipient even gets to it.

So something new I tried to add 3 of the same game online and got this message:

Cannot trade in more than two games of the same exact title and platform per transaction.

So does that mean there are limits to the program now?

EDIT: Just tried to do another transaction with the same game.

Trade-In Limit Exceeded

Customers may only trade two of the same game title within a 30-day window. Our records indicated that you have already submitted the following trade-in orders:

You can either,
   Contact our customer service group to have one of these prior orders cancelled, if they were done in error, or...

Return to the Trade-In Cart to remove the title in question, so that you can proceed with this order.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cannot trade in more than two games of the same exact title and platform per transaction.

YOUR FLIPS ARE DEAD. lol

THE COMPUTER IS NOW AWARE...of you flippin' flippers. I tried to add a Ni No Kuni and the message said "Don't even bro!"

Since it's saying "per transaction", I don't see what this does other than force people to using more transactions instead of spamming 19 copies of a game in one transaction. The only way is if they limit copies per account or limit the transactions.

Gonna need a lot more boxes.
vtdizhm.jpg

where do your guys walmarts have this set up i was at my walmart tonight and no where in electronics did they have the kiosk which is shocking because that walmart is biggest in the area,

I called my local Walmart and asked over the phone if they did video game trade-ins. The lady responded with "...no."

So I went to the store anyway and went to electronics and of course there are banners hung at electronics advertising the video game trade ins.

I was trying to trade in NBA 2k14 for the ps4. The electronics department was handling the transaction except the lady couldn't locate the ps4 version on their trade in screen, only the ps3 and Xbox 360. So I just took it to best buy and luckily got $34 ($37 with Gcu)

You cannot lock in the same games in different transactions. Im paraphrasing here: [Customers cannot trade in more than two of the same title in a 30 day window.  Our records indicate...(trade in history)].  There are limits now lol!

Nothing really ground breaking but I dumped a few things to WM for $6 less than I would have gotten by splitting them between GS and BB. Less hassle and already have credit at those places.

PS4 NBA 2K14 - $35.70

3DS Zelda : A Link Between Worlds $20.40

3DS Luigi's Mansion : Dark Moon $24.28

DS Super Mario 64 $18.56

Who comes up with these oddball values?????? lol

Why are you guys supporting left winged walmart? Full of Middle Aged losers who never amounted to anything .
If it makes you happy I'm sure they lost a lot money from the Gears of War 3 and Ni No Kuni trade-ins.

You cannot lock in the same games in different transactions. Im paraphrasing here: [Customers cannot trade in more than two of the same title in a 30 day window. Our records indicate...(trade in history)]. There are limits now lol!
Wow. It truly is over then. Thanks for the memories Walmart trade in program.

Alright so it's locked to two online, what about in store? If it's locked to two in store and online, than rather just trade into BB and Amazon. BB I can easily transfer the credit to a Visa and I always shop at Amazon so don't mind having credit there. Barely ever shop at Walmart so not worth trading there if there is a little. And yes, BB and Amazon both have limits, but better circumstances for that credit.

bread's done
Back