Walmart B&M 50% bonus trade in with Madden 15 preorder, confirmed near $60 for MK8 and next gen Watch Dogs, ends July 19th (saturday)

ritchardf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
369 (100%)
Just saw this in the ad from the sunday paper. You have to pay $5 for the preorder, and you get $15 of MUT content probably when you pick up the game. It doesnt list any restrictions, just says not available in all stores. It does state video game must be in original packaging and customer must be 18 years of age or older.

Ive noticed their trade in values seem to be based off best buy, as they are usually a few cents more or less. This is in store only i assume.

to check values or find out if your store is participating (blue find your walmart square next to search)

http://walmart.cexchange.com/Online/Gaming/index.rails

link to ad (on page 23, middle left of 2 page layout)

http://weeklyad.walmart.com/Walmart/BrowseByPage?storeid=2494509&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=LA_Walmart-140713&listingid=0&sneakpeek=N&pagenumber=22

Last edited by a moderator:
Was able to trade in Halo 4 (360) and Plants vs Zombies: GW (X1) for a cool $45 after the extra 50% (thus I got $40 in gc plus the $5 preorder). Very happy with the trade in value. Thankfully Halo 4's value jumped, would have been happy to get $6-7 for it.

Does anyone know if you can cancel the preorder for Madden 15, and thus get back the $5 (I assume you can, as I've done this before on Gamestop, but never on WalMart before)?
No need to "cancel" anything. It has been confirmed that the pre-order card can be used as a $5 gift card for anything.

So whats the chance you think of using the 5$ from one prepaid card to pay for the next prepaid card, accumulating vudu credits as you go.

Ok I have a b2g1 free form GS.

Wondering if I should just go for higher money or percentage as I never shop at WM.

Basically do I want to use it on Halo 4 or Watch Dogs...

Halo 4 would be like 18---> almost $60

Or Watch Dogs $90---> almost $180

Well tried to do another small trade in this afternoon but that was a complete shot in the bucket.  I went to my local store where i had traded in before and the people in electronics tell me i have to do the trade in at customer service.  I walk up to customer service and there is one person working with 10 people in line which lead me to just leave the store.  What was funny is as i was leaving one of the walmart greeters stopped me and asked me for my receipt for the games i brought in even though she saw me with the games when i walked in.  I had to explain to her that i got them from gamestop and even had to show the stickers on the games.  May go try another store later that is a lot nicer of a store.

I went about half an hour ago and was told the deal was no longer active. I saw no madden preorder cards anywhere. May just be that store.

Was that a store you have traded at before. The stores that didn't accept trades didn't have the signage in the OC yesterday.

I just got back from WM. This is the second one I have went to this week with the same two games, WD and Infamous. No hassle no problems. I did actually buy the card this time since I knew it was just a gift card. The first store just did the trade and told me I could buy the card after but I didn't. Don't know how long this promo will last but I assume at least until the next circular comes out. As of now I made $98X2 -$55-$54=$87 profit.

Not doing any more trade ins at walmart myself but I just noticed that receipts from gamestop have b2g1 free under $20. Should have used that with mgs v and halo 4.

Damn. I saw someone many pages back mentioned Murdered Soul Suspect getting in close to $50. I would have traded that one in for a copy of Sniper Elite 3 but the website is showing Murdered's base at $25 which would get me a little less than $40. Oh well. 

Just tried another store in Miami. Again everyone is clueless. Electronics tells me to go to wireless. Wireless says they can but don't know how and that I should go to electronics. Go back to electronics find a different guy and ask him. Looks at me and says time to go on break and calls someone else. This guy just stares and shakes his head a bit. Not worth another try I think.

Just got back from a successful trade. I haven't seen this reported, but the guy who processed my trade today said that the system would not let him put 2 of the same game for the same console on a single trade anymore.

He did my trade yesterday where I did doubles of multiple games, and he even remarked that it let him do it yesterday. He had no problem breaking it up into 2 transactions (he offered), but just wanted to give this word of warning to those with less helpful Walmart staff members in their area.

Just got back from a successful trade. I haven't seen this reported, but the guy who processed my trade today said that the system would not let him put 2 of the same game for the same console on a single trade anymore.

He did my trade yesterday where I did doubles of multiple games, and he even remarked that it let him do it yesterday. He had no problem breaking it up into 2 transactions (he offered), but just wanted to give this word of warning to those with less helpful Walmart staff members in their area.
weird
just did a trade also in the last 2 hours (at customer service of a very big/busy location)

One transaction - 11 games, 2 same title/platform = walked out with a $180,xx paper gift card

did try to move to a plastic card, but asked the wrong person

on the way home stopped by my local wally's, grabbed a gift card, cashier asked how much, I replied $180.xx, handed her the sheet and walked out with my plastic gift card....

Lol, so $60 credit for 3 halo 4 for $20 for 3 at gamestop with b2g1 free offer. Too bad it looks like the system updated to only allow 1 copy of the same game at a time.

Lol, so $60 credit for 3 halo 4 for $20 for 3 at gamestop with b2g1 free offer. Too bad it looks like the system updated to only allow 1 copy of the same game at a time.
Has this been confirmed? I was able to trade two identical of each console/game without problems on Tuesday. So now it's down to one per console/game?

Where are you guys buying infamous to flip? It's base is only 25...
I bought a couple copies of Infamous using it as the base game in BB B1G1 40%off preowned. I placed separate orders adding infamous first then adding WD. I also get the GCU discount at BB.

when you scan/enter the same game of the same platform, the computer will accept it, but it shows a red line at the bottom something like "we cant accept more than 2 copies of the same game in the same platform" to warn them not to do the 3rd one. of course "cant accept more than 2" and "same platform" confuse a lot of them.

ie, system will accept 2 of the same tile of the same platform, however their reading comprehension may cockblock you. 

I went in to give watch dogs in the scariest area in my city at pitch dark at night, and they told me they had no idea what I was talking about.

Well, at least that was expectable.

haha, you can buy a regular gift card with the Madden credit and ship it to your home for free. I just found my supply of free uv movies.

Milpitas. I hate that store but Mt View is another 20 mins out of my way, next closest is Fremont. I'm very tempted to go to the Mt View location as I don't have much in the way of good experiences there at the McCarthy ranch location. Their site to store pick up always takes a min. 15 mins to find someone to man the register.

On a side note, do you happen to have a Blackbird account? If so and if you have BB Visas, have you been able to use those or other means to fund the Blackbird account? The Milpitas store indicated to me they can't fund off a non-imprinted name (i.e. generic) Visa GC like Best Buy's.
Milpitas is actually closer to me too I tried calling to see if they take trade-ins earlier this week, but I guess all their calls are routed through the Pharmacy dept and they weren't competent enough to transfer me to the cell phone/electronics area, so that was enough for me. I actually just hit up MV WM again, another great success with a different rep this time. Hopefully I can get one last trip in before the week's end.

I don't have a Blackbird account nor a BB credit card, but I have read some of your posts in the 10% BB credit card cashback thread and I am intrigued. I will have to look into it further.

This is going to be a bit off topic but back when target had the whole preorder fiasco I picked up lots of preorder cards. Do those cards work the same at target as these preorder cards do at walmart?

haha, you can buy a regular gift card with the Madden credit and ship it to your home for free. I just found my supply of free uv movies.
Interesting, I may do just that.

I hope Ground Zeroes is still good value tomorrow, might take that over. Otherwise, I think I'm done with this promo. Got $320+ with minimal investment.

No the wal mart cards are essentially gift cards good for anything. The target cards trigger a five dollar gift card when you buy the game

Anyone else notice that the 9.99 preowned flips vanished from GS.com? Angry Birds, Metal Gear, etc for :xb1: and :ps4:
One of the first things I noticed today when I looked. Price is still good in store, but that's no good for price matching. :(

Anyone else notice that the 9.99 preowned flips vanished from GS.com? Angry Birds, Metal Gear, etc for :xb1: and :ps4:
Was told today, that stores in my area got a memo saying to pull the games, as they have been marked down to coincide with the free $9.99 game promo with a Preowned console purchase.

I guess GS is trying to keep some inventory for that promo.

I need to find a walmart near me that will do the game trades. Is it possible to use one than one mario kart 8 registration code on the same nintendo ID to get more free digital games ?  I'm tempted to trade in my mario wii u and mk8  and then purchase another mk8 so I can get the digital version of mario wii u.

Finally summoned the courage to try this after reading a bunch of horror stories.  It went surprisingly well.  The only mishap I had was the computer restarted and we had to do the whole process over.  It was only 4 games.  If the computer didn't reset probably would've taken like 10 minutes. Now I need to decide if I want to try and get enough credit for a Wii U or not. I'm halfway there now.

I traded in $250.28 worth of games today.  The computer stopped it at $250 and the lady asked if I was worried about the 28 cents.  She tried to continue and the computer wouldn't let her.  So I can confirm there is a $250 per transaction limit.

She was also super helpful and said we could do the other game in a different transaction.  The computer allowed that.  So it looks like the $250 limit isn't a daily thing?

My transaction today went smooth the guys in the electronics department were all gamers and we all talked BS while one guy did the trade in. He did forget to check the box for the Madden promo so he had to do it twice but the second transaction only took like 60 seconds. This guy did the two transactions and sold me the $5 preorder card faster than the first walmart traded in just two games.

Don't forget to check the trade in locations on the WM trade site. I don't know how accurate it is but it was 2 for 2 for me. I doubt many people do trade ins at WM in my area but both stores had associates in the electronics department who knew how to do trade ins. One knew guy didn't know how but he knew they did trade ins. 

I need to find a walmart near me that will do the game trades. Is it possible to use one than one mario kart 8 registration code on the same nintendo ID to get more free digital games ? I'm tempted to trade in my mario wii u and mk8 and then purchase another mk8 so I can get the digital version of mario wii u.
All you do is create family members under your account on the club nintedo page. You need unique emails for each one you do and verify them. Then register a mk8 code off of each family account.

Am I crazy for thinking about trading out some of my Walmart credit for Gamestop gift cards at a 15% loss?

GS has partnered with one of the gift card sites and while I hate the idea of taking a loss at all I'm doing well enough that I'll still come out pretty far ahead.

I'd kill for an even money flip back right now.

bread's done
Back