Walmart B&M 50% bonus trade in with Madden 15 preorder, confirmed near $60 for MK8 and next gen Watch Dogs, ends July 19th (saturday)

ritchardf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
369 (100%)
Just saw this in the ad from the sunday paper. You have to pay $5 for the preorder, and you get $15 of MUT content probably when you pick up the game. It doesnt list any restrictions, just says not available in all stores. It does state video game must be in original packaging and customer must be 18 years of age or older.

Ive noticed their trade in values seem to be based off best buy, as they are usually a few cents more or less. This is in store only i assume.

to check values or find out if your store is participating (blue find your walmart square next to search)

http://walmart.cexchange.com/Online/Gaming/index.rails

link to ad (on page 23, middle left of 2 page layout)

http://weeklyad.walmart.com/Walmart/BrowseByPage?storeid=2494509&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=LA_Walmart-140713&listingid=0&sneakpeek=N&pagenumber=22

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I went to 4 Walmarts today. First one said "we don't do that" Second one "we aint ever done that". Third and forth both did trade ins but would not give me the 50% bonus. Because they did not have any Madden preorder cards. They even went as far as to check the games in and then said I would not get the 50% with out the preorder. I think I might give up and just keep the games.

Well I went to 4 Walmarts today. First one said "we don't do that" Second one "we aint ever done that". Third and forth both did trade ins but would not give me the 50% bonus. Because they did not have any Madden preorder cards. They even went as far as to check the games in and then said I would not get the 50% with out the preorder. I think I might give up and just keep the games.
Same situation here...I asked the rep if I could pre-order a different game and he was cool with that the first time but shied away from it the second time.

All you do is create family members under your account on the club nintedo page. You need unique emails for each one you do and verify them. Then register a mk8 code off of each family account.
You also have to make those "people" on the sub-accounts older than 13.

There are places that price match used games?
Other used video game stores such as Play N Trade price match Gamestop's prices, but only if it shows online. At least in my area. Didn't mean to make it sound more glorified than it actually is.

All the walmarts I've gone to was smooth sailing. One manager even laughed in shock and was amazed when I ordered site to store games and traded them in. The employees tried to hassle me out of trading it in but she was all like, no let him do it. I think she was amused by the entire thing.

Am I crazy for thinking about trading out some of my Walmart credit for Gamestop gift cards at a 15% loss?

GS has partnered with one of the gift card sites and while I hate the idea of taking a loss at all I'm doing well enough that I'll still come out pretty far ahead.

I'd kill for an even money flip back right now.
Do you not buy gas or groceries at Walmart?

Am I crazy for thinking about trading out some of my Walmart credit for Gamestop gift cards at a 15% loss?
GS has partnered with one of the gift card sites and while I hate the idea of taking a loss at all I'm doing well enough that I'll still come out pretty far ahead.
I'd kill for an even money flip back right now.
Yes, you're crazy. Just buy some American Express cards ($100) at your walmart. They will try to say that it's against their policy or that the system won't allow it. Ask to see the policy and say that the system will allow it and they will eventually break and let you do it. It's worked for me thus far.

" Ask to see the policy and say that the system will allow it and they will eventually break and let you do it. It's worked for me thus far. "

it may work for you but not everyone.

I wanna take advantage of this to get a ps4. I just need about $200 more in credit to do this. Can anybody tell me the best flips beside watch_dogs with the bestbuy b1g1 40% off deal?

Yes, you're crazy. Just buy some American Express cards ($100) at your walmart. They will try to say that it's against their policy or that the system won't allow it. Ask to see the policy and say that the system will allow it and they will eventually break and let you do it. It's worked for me thus far.
Are there specific AMEX cards that work? I tried a couple of different ones with a cool cashier and the system wouldn't take any of them.

Also how much is the fee? I might give it a shot, as I'd rather not pay GS to launder my money. I just want to find a way to get money back at GS to flip some more.

For me, it's $5.64 per $100. It has to be an exact value, and I know for sure that it won't work with $100 Visa cards. Might work with master card. Definitely works with American Express. It cannot be a ranged denomination, ie, $20-500.

For me, it's $5.64 per $100. It has to be an exact value, and I know for sure that it won't work with $100 Visa cards. Might work with master card. Definitely works with American Express. It cannot be a ranged denomination, ie, $20-500.
Sounds good. Thanks for the tip. Have you ever tried doing them through self check (is that even possible)?

Sounds good. Thanks for the tip. Have you ever tried doing them through self check (is that even possible)?
Never tried it and I don't think it'd work. It's worth a shot though. I'll try it maybe tomorrow and I'll update you on it.

Never tried it and I don't think it'd work. It's worth a shot though. I'll try it maybe tomorrow and I'll update you on it.
Egift cards cannot be redeemed at self checkout. I don't know if it's YMMV but last year I remember seeing signs displayed saying that. I tried it anyway on my first trip this week because I was shopping and didn't see anything posted. I assumed they updated the policy but I was unsuccessful paying with the paper.

Don't know if you have to be a member (probably do) but it looks like you can order an Amex or MC off the Sam's Club website and it will take the GC.  I say "looks like" because the shipping is almost $6 so that basically makes it a $13 surcharge on a $200 CC.  $200 is about the only worthwhile value though because the fee is barely reduced on lower denominations.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/amex-classic-100-amex-classic-100/prod11380038.ip?navAction=push

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/vmcscrollgreen-200-vmcscrollgreen-200/prod10970259.ip?navAction=push

Edit- Definitely doesn't work on Walmart.com by the way.

Don't know if you have to be a member (probably do) but it looks like you can order an Amex or MC off the Sam's Club website and it will take the GC. I say "looks like" because the shipping is almost $6 so that basically makes it a $13 surcharge on a $200 CC. $200 is about the only worthwhile value though because the fee is barely reduced on lower denominations.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/amex-classic-100-amex-classic-100/prod11380038.ip?navAction=push

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/vmcscrollgreen-200-vmcscrollgreen-200/prod10970259.ip?navAction=push
That brings up a good idea though. I'm going to give it a shot in store at Sam's tomorrow and see if they have those $200 cards in store.

That brings up a good idea though. I'm going to give it a shot in store at Sam's tomorrow and see if they have those $200 cards in store.
I believe they do but don't quote me on that. I know 100% I saw the ones you could assign a value to today but I don't feel certain if they had the $200 cards.

If they had free shipping on it (or even reasonably priced shipping like $3 or less) I would just got ahead and try ordering one and see what happens. $13 is just a lot to eat.

Edit- Playing around a bit and it might be possible to reduce shipping costs. Added a $10 Sam's Club GC to the cart, which has free shipping, and it took the shipping down to $3. Will keep experimenting and see what I can find.

Edit Edit- Try to go forward and the shipping bounces back up. Also looking good to use the GC on the CC since it lets me get to the final step. If I try to use it on an order with a Sam's Club GC it denies me before I get to that point.

I believe they do but don't quote me on that. I know 100% I saw the ones you could assign a value to today but I don't feel certain if they had the $200 cards.

If they had free shipping on it (or even reasonably priced shipping like $3 or less) I would just got ahead and try ordering one and see what happens. $13 is just a lot to eat.
I'd probably even be willing to eat that if I could get it right away. I'm just about out of GS credit and I have a couple of B2G1 coupons to use tomorrow. At a pretty simple $70 profit a piece I'd throw cash in, but I'd rather not if I can move some Walmart credit back to GS easily.

Edit- Playing around a bit and it might be possible to reduce shipping costs. Added a $10 Sam's Club GC to the cart, which has free shipping, and it took the shipping down to $3. Will keep experimenting and see what I can find.
Shipping for the $200 gift card is free for me...

Crap, super late to the thread.. So I can trade in my WD ps4 for almost $60... What if I don't want Madden but still want to get almost $60 for my WD copy?

Crap, super late to the thread.. So I can trade in my WD ps4 for almost $60... What if I don't want Madden but still want to get almost $60 for my WD copy?
If the TIV for WD holds you can get just under $60, but you have to pre-order Madden 15 in the same breath. But once you get the pre-order card you can treat it like an egift card.

If the TIV for WD holds you can get just under $60, but you have to pre-order Madden 15 in the same breath. But once you get the pre-order card you can treat it like an egift card.
Sweet! Darn I wish I bought 2 or 3 WD copies when I returned/rebuy my GS ps4. ugh lost some serious bank in there. Thanks. will do this tomorrow.

I bought a couple copies of Infamous using it as the base game in BB B1G1 40%off preowned. I placed separate orders adding infamous first then adding WD. I also get the GCU discount at BB.
i fcked up. Didn't realize I could have done that till earlier. Bought my 3 infamous separately when it was on sale for $25ish but didn't realize coulda added WD's to 2 of them for a nice lil savings. Gona pass on WD's for now since none are available for pickup in store.

Real quick I thought GCU did not apply to pre-owned. Why is it applying and does buying pre-owned with a discount coming off from GCU count towards your limit of 3?

i fcked up. Didn't realize I could have done that till earlier. Bought my 3 infamous separately when it was on sale for $25ish but didn't realize coulda added WD's to 2 of them for a nice lil savings. Gona pass on WD's for now since none are available for pickup in store.

Real quick I thought GCU did not apply to pre-owned. Why is it applying and does buying pre-owned with a discount coming off from GCU count towards your limit of 3?
GCU gives 10% off any used game and tree is no limit on that benefit.

I was able to get a $15 Subway gift card from the self checkout using an eGift card, so it is possible to use eGift cards at the self checkout.  I selected Walmart gift card as payment and scanned the barcode on the piece of paper.

I was able to get a $15 Subway gift card from the self checkout using an eGift card, so it is possible to use eGift cards at the self checkout. I selected Walmart gift card as payment and scanned the barcode on the piece of paper.
While this is generally true, I've run across a few rogue self checkout registers that when you hit the "Pay with gift card" button on the screen it won't scan the barcode until after you've swiped the physical gift card. I've seen this less than five times in the recent weeks (never before the last few weeks) and I do a lot of self checkout purchases with eGift cards.

[quote name="painkillah" post="11934319" timestamp="1405663468"]

Egift cards cannot be redeemed at self checkout. I don't know if it's YMMV but last year I remember seeing signs displayed saying that. I tried it anyway on my first trip this week because I was shopping and didn't see anything posted. I assumed they updated the policy but I was unsuccessful paying with the paper.

I've been using my egift card at self checkout pretty consistently. When prompted for payment I just select walmart gift card. I haven't tried American Express or anything there yet but am planning to, just working up my nerve .

I've been using my egift card at self checkout pretty consistently. When prompted for payment I just select walmart gift card. I haven't tried American Express or anything there yet but am planning to, just working up my nerve .
That is weird. Maybe they have disabled this feature in my area because of abuse? When I scanned the paper it gave me some sort of error I can't remember exactly what it said. I know the cards are valid because I checked them out. Maybe its that one certain walmart in my area. I am going to go by the other store to turn paper into plastic and I will try to verify if it works or not.

Just wanted to say thanks to the op, Darby for the step by step on trade ins, and all the fellow CAGs that reported the high value trade ins. Today was a good day. Traded in the usual suspects. The only other game that I traded in that wasn't mentioned was Need for Speed Rivals for xb1 (Base TIV - $21.86) but that was bought from Amazon 3rd party for $18.xx

Process at my store (Cary NC) was easy. It took about 20 minutes but only because the system froze at least 5 times while doing the trade ins and we had to start over and or switch between 2 systems twice. The guy doing my trade in was very cool and patient himself and had the games scanned into the system under a minute each time. After seeing the values he even himself wanted to trade in some games and flip some from buying on craiglist. Overall very pleased with the 2 guys in that department. They know what they are doing.
OMG DS2U LIVES NEAR ME

I'm surprised I've even been able to do crazy trades with DS2U near me :eek: I've been on vacation in Cali for 2 weeks and I am so out of the flipping loop that it's making me insane. Hopefully next week I can get back into it hardcore

OMG DS2U LIVES NEAR ME
I think you live in Garner, right? Pretty close to each other. Lol!

I'm surprised I've even been able to do crazy trades with DS2U near me :eek: I've been on vacation in Cali for 2 weeks and I am so out of the flipping loop that it's making me insane. Hopefully next week I can get back into it hardcore
This is the prime time for flipping. GS has the 50% on games going on with no strings attached (handing out coupons for 50% on games at a later time and printing coupon for b2g1 free on games under $20 for another time as well), Walmart has the 50% towards Madden preorder going on, BB keeps selling cheap stuff on their accidental promos, making it a flippers dream. Then we have the target 2x trade in promo coming up. Good times!

To those looking to cash out their Walmart cards, I just confirmed that you can use the paper e-gift cards at Sam's to purchase prepaid Mastercards.

I bought 2 $200 cards for $207 each. Had no problems what so ever. You've gotta have a membership card, but it's a good way to move money.

Crap I thought this ended the 20th. Will it still work tomorrow as in it's the last day or does it end the 19 for good?
This will probably go through tomorrow until the Customer Service / Electronics / Mobile Phone departments close.

damn. i have mario kart and watch dogs. dont want to get rid of mario yet. does walmart price match amazon or any other website so that i can get those games back but for less?

damn. i have mario kart and watch dogs. dont want to get rid of mario yet. does walmart price match amazon or any other website so that i can get those games back but for less?
If you find someone in the right mood, they MIGHT PM the price on the website of a local B&M competitor, but websites that don't have B&M are pretty much out.

damn. i have mario kart and watch dogs. dont want to get rid of mario yet. does walmart price match amazon or any other website so that i can get those games back but for less?
Why does this keep getting asked? Is it a joke? Walmart.com price for Mario Kart 8 is $48.61, same as Amazon. Just order it for in-store pickup.

Why does this keep getting asked? Is it a joke? Walmart.com price for Mario Kart 8 is $48.61, same as Amazon. Just order it for in-store pickup.
For the last few days certain WM stores offered same day pickup of orders from walmart.com but none around me have it available in-store sooner than a week from today...

For the last few days certain WM stores offered same day pickup of orders from walmart.com but none around me have it available in-store sooner than a week from today...
I think something is wrong with their system. Just the other day I was looking at getting a Dual Shock 4 for instore pick-up and it showed every store within 10 miles as not having stock and I would need to do Ship to Store. Just checked today and now every store lets me do the same day in-store pick up.

bread's done
Back