Walmart B&M 50% bonus trade in with Madden 15 preorder, confirmed near $60 for MK8 and next gen Watch Dogs, ends July 19th (saturday)

ritchardf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
369 (100%)
Just saw this in the ad from the sunday paper. You have to pay $5 for the preorder, and you get $15 of MUT content probably when you pick up the game. It doesnt list any restrictions, just says not available in all stores. It does state video game must be in original packaging and customer must be 18 years of age or older.

Ive noticed their trade in values seem to be based off best buy, as they are usually a few cents more or less. This is in store only i assume.

to check values or find out if your store is participating (blue find your walmart square next to search)

http://walmart.cexchange.com/Online/Gaming/index.rails

link to ad (on page 23, middle left of 2 page layout)

http://weeklyad.walmart.com/Walmart/BrowseByPage?storeid=2494509&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=LA_Walmart-140713&listingid=0&sneakpeek=N&pagenumber=22

Last edited by a moderator:
I think something is wrong with their system. Just the other day I was looking at getting a Dual Shock 4 for instore pick-up and it showed every store within 10 miles as not having stock and I would need to do Ship to Store. Just checked today and now every store lets me do the same day in-store pick up.
You have a point. I was looking specifically at MK8 and it looks like they stopped same day in-store shipping for that but other games are still eligible.

Why does this keep getting asked? Is it a joke? Walmart.com price for Mario Kart 8 is $48.61, same as Amazon. Just order it for in-store pickup.
This is what I did. Traded WD and Ground Zeroes and got around $76 for it(spent $10 for each). Bought MK8 (in-store pick up) and the remaining credits will be used for PM'ing BB's sale of $30 wii U pro controller next week.

Employee didn't even know how to do trade-ins.. I was like telling him, Ok sir check this box, then continue, then scan the UPC and yada yada.. And probably print somewhere it so I can get my money.... Then younger clerk around my age saw I got almost $60 for WD he was like telling the older guy who I was helping do my trade-ins "I traded it in few days ago and got $30 there must be something wrong.. blah blah". I'm like telling myself dude stfu. git gud son..

Crap. Shoulda traded my Mario Bros Wii U too. MK8 apparently has a coupon you can redeem in nintendo website that gets you to pick 1 free game out of the 4 in selection.

You have a point. I was looking specifically at MK8 and it looks like they stopped same day in-store shipping for that but other games are still eligible.
I think its just your area is out of stock. The three walmarts around me had none available for store pick up yesterday. Now today they all have them. Looks like I might have some more flips to do tomorrow. Honestly Im kinda tired of going in there. All of the employees I talked to said they have never had a trade besides me. Oh well, I gave them lots of practice. Guess I am the only CAG in mid mo. Im just glad this deal didnt blow up on SD

I think its just your area is out of stock. The three walmarts around me had none available for store pick up yesterday. Now today they all have them. Looks like I might have some more flips to do tomorrow. Honestly Im kinda tired of going in there. All of the employees I talked to said they have never had a trade besides me. Oh well, I gave them lots of practice. Guess I am the only CAG in mid mo. Im just glad this deal didnt blow up on SD
same here. i went in 3 times in 4 days. i asked if other people were doing trades and they said it was just me

I think you live in Garner, right? Pretty close to each other. Lol!

This is the prime time for flipping. GS has the 50% on games going on with no strings attached (handing out coupons for 50% on games at a later time and printing coupon for b2g1 free on games under $20 for another time as well), Walmart has the 50% towards Madden preorder going on, BB keeps selling cheap stuff on their accidental promos, making it a flippers dream. Then we have the target 2x trade in promo coming up. Good times!
Cary actually. Right next to the mall and crossroads so I never miss a deal!

Why does this keep getting asked? Is it a joke? Walmart.com price for Mario Kart 8 is $48.61, same as Amazon. Just order it for in-store pickup.
I just ordered 2 off Walmart.com. When I was done I went back to order another but I can't find it listed anymore. I tried inprivate browsing and then I checked on my phone. Gone....

anyone else having this issue?

edit: nevermind found it, the site is being tricky

ignore this post

What are you guys doing with this credit? Buying groceries? Is there anyway to move it to somewhere else? 

And does anyone know if Wallymart will price match that best buy 3DS games sale?

Just want to confirm, today is the last day for this promo correct? Tia
Yes, just got it to work this morning. Had to drive to a different walmart, but had no problems. trade in was a breeze and the guy was really nice. Much better than the other one who said the deal was not valid earlier than the week.

But yes, $59.67 for Mario Kart 8. Now to reorder it.

Is there a separate thread for anyone interested in trading/purchasing the assoicated VUDU code, and Madden content? I won't be using it

I still can't believe that the MK8 value actually held the entire week! LOL! Like alot of people here I traded in my physical copy of MK8 for a $59.67 paper gift card.. then purchased the Madden deposit for $5 with part of that $59.67.. and then used that left over $54.67 paper gift card and the $5 Madden deposit card online to convert both into an actual plastic Wal-Mart gift card, shipped free.

Then I re-bought MK8 digitally Monday night with the 20% off eShop cards from Best Buy and claimed my third free game from the MK8 promotion, in Wii Party U.

If I didn't already have the digital version of WWHD from the Zelda Wii U bundle, digital NSMBU from redeeming my first physical copy of MK8 and digital Pikmin 3 from redeeming my second physical copy of MK8, I'd be doing this $59.67 MK8 deal again before the night ended for a chance at another free game! haha.

well, as this wraps up now we have to turn our attention to target's double trade in value starting tomorrow. $19 for ground zeroes on ps4 if the values hold

Seems like the walmart employee I was intentionally lying to me so he wouldn't have to process my trades.

Went to another walmart and promo applied no problem

Went in to trade and ended up redirected to three different departments.  

Handed the game/id/ad and madden card to employee.  Got all the way through the transaction (where he never said a word), went to hand me an e-gift card and it didn't have the 50% on there.  I asked about it, he said "That's with the 50%, before paying for this preorder" ... ended up walking out with my games.  Waste of time.

So after a multiple trips all going fairly smooth. Some person I have never seen before accuses me of counterfeit mario kart games because there is no nintendo stamp on the very inside of the discs. She showed me 360 and ps3 games with this "stamp" and tried to refuse to take them. In the end it worked out but holy shit I was floored when she said that

So after a multiple trips all going fairly smooth. Some person I have never seen before accuses me of counterfeit mario kart games because there is no nintendo stamp on the very inside of the discs. She showed me 360 and ps3 games with this "stamp" and tried to refuse to take them. In the end it worked out but holy shit I was floored when she said that
accusation + defermation of character = free Walmart $$$ lol

If you don't want the paper gift card, here's what I did

I went this morning, got my 59.67 for Mario kart, and went home and bought it off walmarts site for about 52. I used the madden preorder card against the online order and the paper gift card. Did in store pickup and had my new copy of Mk8 ready for pickup in about an hour., i used the rest of the paper card to buy some groceries

I haven't had this happen, but I will say every Walmart trade I've done they've only looked at the top of the discs. They pick at them and look from different angles trying to make sure I haven't just put a label on a blank disc I guess. They must have gotten burned by some counterfeit games early in the program.

I am tempted to use what credit i have to get it on a Visa card for the BB deal tomorrow.  My only problem is i have two separate gift cards which i could probably go to customer service to get it on one.  Is it pretty simple to get the visa prepaid in store?

Just went this morning. The guy kept insisting I have to pay off the full price of Madden in order to get the 50% bonus. I said there is no where it says you need to pay it off, just pay the $5 deposit for the preorder. In any case, he calls his manager and he agrees with me. The guy was so concerned he would lose his job because my trade in is $128 for 7 games.

Just went this morning. The guy kept insisting I have to pay off the full price of Madden in order to get the 50% bonus. I said there is no where it says you need to pay it off, just pay the $5 deposit for the preorder. In any case, he calls his manager and he agrees with me. The guy was so concerned he would lose his job because my trade in is $128 for 7 games.
You should have asked exactly what the guy was going to ring up since the game doesn't come out for another month.

do you have to pre order the game and pick it up at a specific walmart or can you pick it up at any walmart?

Anyone have luck trading in :ps4: UFC?

I am tempted to use what credit i have to get it on a Visa card for the BB deal tomorrow. My only problem is i have two separate gift cards which i could probably go to customer service to get it on one. Is it pretty simple to get the visa prepaid in store?
Visa pre-paids are cash only purchases at every retailer, to my knowledge.

just when i think i have seen EVERY possible combination of stupidity and mistakes a CSR can do to mess up a very simple process, they always find new ways to screw it up. it's almost genius! 

this lady didnt bother to read the madden promo prompt where she has to pick yes or no and the continue button, she just kept on typing in the UPC of the game over and over. of course it didnt do anything and i explained to her why. she snapped back "i am just following the prompts!" and repeated the same thing 3 times. then she went to get the manager who told her the very same thing that I told her.....anyway i am too lazy to type the rest of the BS lol but i am done with this. i can only take walmart in small doses. 

I want to take advantage of this but at the same time i dont want to sell my mariokart or watch dogs for a paper giftcard.

If you don't want the paper gift card, here's what I did

I went this morning, got my 59.67 for Mario kart, and went home and bought it off walmarts site for about 52. I used the madden preorder card against the online order and the paper gift card. Did in store pickup and had my new copy of Mk8 ready for pickup in about an hour., i used the rest of the paper card to buy some groceries
i was able to just buy a regular plastic gift card with my paper one. i took my paper from the trade, walked up to checkout, grabbed a normal gift card and asked the cashier to put the amount on the gift card. she rung it up and scanned the paper without a problem. maybe it varies on the store and cashier if they will do it though.

Jr detective ha ha. Ah well at least it worked out. Not sure how I would have reacted

Got like $176 for some PS4 games...didn't even make me buy the pre-order and they even swapped the egift card to regular gift card without asking!

I thought I was done but spent a total of 18 dollars at gamestop using the steal of the week coupon 6 different times along side the birthday coupon 6 times as well and flipped it into 96 :)

I was thinking of doing just that too but am too late. Most of the stores around me are cleaned out of PS4 / X1 discount titles. Should have took advantage of it a few days ago.

Awkward moments from todays trip:

Gamestop employee casually asks me when my birthday was because of the birthday coupon and I make up a date awkwardly and we small talk about how his was around then

Gamestop employee asks to see my id to buy watch dogs (I'm only 18 so I look young enough to card) and the Birthdate on my ID doesn't match the date I just awkwardly made up

He king of acknowledges it but it was just super awkward

Walmart employee named Richard looked old enough to die during our trade in transaction

He can't understand how the promo works even after I've don't it and tells me he doesn't think I'll be able to buy the pre order card so I tell him I'll buy it at the register

I go and try to sneakily put the card back and he sees me and we make awkward eye  contact

I go up front to buy American Express cards with my trade in credit and the girl at the register is like "I don't know how to use these better call a manager"

Manager is about as old as me ??? But he lets it go through

I go to the Bestbuy where I used to work to spend my American Express Card and say hi to a guy who I used to talk to all the time when I worked there and he doesn't remember me 

Fun day flipping -_- 

seems odd.  Went this morning and the guy (whom I had no reason to not believe) said the bonus prompt didn't pop up.  So since it was a WM 20 mins out of the way, I traded in Halo 4's (from the GS next door) and still made 50% profit.  Anyhow, made 3 trips total for about $200 from about $90 in GS credit.  Not bad.

Well I had a great time trading in, a horrible time trying to turn my egift card into a physical card. These people are so dumb it hurt my brain. I guess I'm keeping this piece of paper with over $100 on it in my wallet. And I can't even use it onljne because there's no pin nimber

I got one last exchange thru today. But yesterday and today were unique. Yesterday, I went in. It was the last 5 minutes of her shift, and she didn't really to do it, but she remembered me from doing a demo with another company last month. So she just checks the games, and lets do me all of the work. And it went faster than any trade I've done with them. And I give her couple of free ice cream coupon because she just got the hell out of the way. Today's was slow. I had to slowly walk an older gentleman thru how to do the trade in. He was an insanely slow typer. But I got the card, so.

bread's done
Back