Walmart lowering prices to match some competitors BF deals this Friday

FlashStash

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
That's what i paid for my WiiU last summer =) Seems like Mario 3d world is getting some good reviews. I'll probably pick it up on black friday. Hope one of the retailers has a deal on it!
I forget which one off the top of my head, maybe Walmart, had it for $50 and then TRU has the B1G1 40% off.

Some of it, still owed like $50. Makes me mad that I "returned" the items.
i see, so i guess the reviews i read online about walmart.com refund payments are some what true. It is alot of work, and hassle. I will stick to bestbuy, and pming the walmart prices.

I wonder if Walmart will be having Target and Best Buy's prices early on movies?

I want The Great Gatsby for $4 (Target) and Big Bang Theory Season 5 for $8 (BBY).

Not a thing other than a lot of wasted time and disappointment. :whistle2:(
Dang. That royally sucks.

I forget which one off the top of my head, maybe Walmart, had it for $50 and then TRU has the B1G1 40% off.
I was not excited for Mario World 3D at all, when it was first announced, but now, I'm kinda hyped. I guess my hope of a Sunshine/64/Galaxy style Mario game made me not like MW3D. Can't decide if I want to wait for a deal on Mario World or use some credits from Amazon/BB/GS (or wait for Christmas). Hmmmm.

I was not excited for Mario World 3D at all, when it was first announced, but now, I'm kinda hyped. I guess my hope of a Sunshine/64/Galaxy style Mario game made me not like MW3D. Can't decide if I want to wait for a deal on Mario World or use some credits from Amazon/BB/GS (or wait for Christmas). Hmmmm.
Same, I was tired of all these samey Mario games but this one actually looks like it's going to be really fresh.

That's around what i paid for my WiiU last summer. Either 230 or 240. Seems like Mario 3d world is getting some good reviews. I'll probably pick it up on black friday. Hope one of the retailers has a deal on it!
I'll be using my BB gamer discount to bring it down to $48, then some certificates to make it $20ish. I don't have a Wii U, yet, but I'll be getting this game as soon as I get 1. I'm hoping Best Buy does 1 of those Spend $50 get $10 back deals.

That game looks freakin' INSAAAAAAAAAANEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
well if i can't find a deal then i will wait, but if I can get it for 30-40 via stacking the 20% off or off amazon then il pick it up this month.

looks pretty interesting from the review i watched earlier with all the different abilities you get with each powerup suit and between characters. seems fun.

my goal was to not spend any money this month and just wait for my 20% off dark souls 2 and dkc tropical freeze while i finish up games in my backlog, but yeah this game looks pretty solid. disappointed it wont have online coop, but still looks good.

The thing that really sucks about what Walmart is doing is that it ensures that these other companies won't put their Black Friday ads in the paper next year which in turn means that we won't know ahead of time what the deals are.  They'll probably send them with an email blast or some other easily controlled method on Thanksgiving 2014.

It would be really nice to snag The Last Of Us, Saints Row IV, Tomb Raider and some other goodies a week early.

I really wish Wal-Mart would have had a Wii U bundle for 250. They sent me an email about this event on Friday and it had some Wii U bundle but it is nothing special.

The thing that really sucks about what Walmart is doing is that it ensures that these other companies won't put their Black Friday ads in the paper next year which in turn means that we won't know ahead of time what the deals are. They'll probably send them with an email blast or some other easily controlled method on Thanksgiving 2014.
Ads get leaked. Much like anything else.

Though this does seem a bit underhanded of them.

Ads get leaked. Much like anything else.

Though this does seem a bit underhanded of them.
I realize that ads get leaked but mostly it's because they print them so far ahead of time and those people at the printing presses don't work for the companies. Most employees wouldn't purposely leak their own companies information like this. I'm just making a guess that next year we won't get leaks from Best Buy, Target, or Toys R Us because they won't put their ads in the Thanksgiving Day paper. This is especially true for Best Buy. Target less so than Best Buy but probably them as well. Toy R Us on the other hand, at least in my experienced, is pretty inept but who knows.

Don't have too many games on my radar. I supposed if Beyond was goes live for 25. PM for BB for 20 bucks is sweet. 

The thing that really sucks about what Walmart is doing is that it ensures that these other companies won't put their Black Friday ads in the paper next year which in turn means that we won't know ahead of time what the deals are. They'll probably send them with an email blast or some other easily controlled method on Thanksgiving 2014.
:roll: Nobody gives a shit. They purposefully "leak" their ads earlier now. Walmart matching them is not gonna change anything.

:roll: Nobody gives a shit. They purposefully "leak" their ads earlier now. Walmart matching them is not gonna change anything.
You're a friendly one aren't you? So, the companies "purposely" leak their ads then Walmart sells the products out from under them which causes them to generate less revenue and less profits and you think that they're going to let Walmart do it again next year? No way.

Do you even understand what you're suggesting? As long as people read circulars, best buy, target, and every other retailer will continue to print ads. As long as they print ads there will be leaks.

BB has to reach as many people as possible. They're not going to rely on their own database of promotional emails. Or wait for anything. They want their ads leaked to generate excitement and word of mouth.

Your suggestion that anyone would stop printing ads next year because Walmart is matching the deals is just insane.

Do you even understand what you're suggesting? As long as people read circulars, best buy, target, and every other retailer will continue to print ads. As long as they print ads there will be leaks.
BB has to reach as many people as possible. They're not going to rely on their own database of promotional emails. Or wait for anything. They want their ads leaked to generate excitement and word of mouth.
Your suggestion that anyone would stop printing ads next year because Walmart is matching the deals is just insane.
It really depends on how much this hits the bottom line. Walmart is the worlds biggest retailer and I guarantee that if Best Buy generates less revenue this year than last during the holiday quarter (the most important) they will do something. If they don't stop the circulars the. They will omit some things or find some other way to reduce Walmart's ability to steal their sales. All companies care about is growth and if growth stops or reverses then things will change. That's especially true for Best Buy as they aren't doing great.

Fine. I'll bet you a humble bundle beat the average that every major retailer is going to publish an ad next year and it will be leaked. Best buy, target, sears, kohls, toys r us. Anyone else? Macy's. Jcpenny. Kmart.

There is no chance in hell that any retailer is going to alter their Black Friday advertising because of what Walmart is doing.

It really depends on how much this hits the bottom line. Walmart is the worlds biggest retailer and I guarantee that if Best Buy generates less revenue this year than last during the holiday quarter (the most important) they will do something. If they don't stop the circulars the. They will omit some things or find some other way to reduce Walmart's ability to steal their sales. All companies care about is growth and if growth stops or reverses then things will change. That's especially true for Best Buy as they aren't doing great.
I don't know about your theory, but both Target and Best Buy have stopped sending out their weekly ad in a number of major newspapers. You can still get the ads on-line and in store, but the tide is definitely turning toward a more digital approach to weekly sale ads.

Fine. I'll bet you a humble bundle beat the average that every major retailer is going to publish an ad next year and it will be leaked. Best buy, target, sears, kohls, toys r us. Anyone else? Macy's. Jcpenny. Kmart.
There is no chance in hell that any retailer is going to alter their Black Friday advertising because of what Walmart is doing.
Once we know the quarterly earnings then we can talk. If this does t impact year over year revenue the. It won't matter to them. I still think BBY is most likely impacted, they're already giving guidance of losses for the next three quarters in today's conference call which is why their stock is down 10% today (ticker stumble BBY).

Don't have too many games on my radar. I supposed if Beyond was goes live for 25. PM for BB for 20 bucks is sweet.
If you mean PM and 20% discount, won't work. PM's don't get the 20% discount, but sale prices and MSRPs on new games do. 25 at Walmart or 28 at Best Buy (unless they PM Walmart for the business, then +1 to them; but usually Black Friday sales don't get PM'd by Best Buy, do they?).

If you go to the walmart site you can view your local ad for this week. It looks really short/small so I highly doubt that's all the items on sale.

If you mean PM and 20% discount, won't work. PM's don't get the 20% discount, but sale prices and MSRPs on new games do. 25 at Walmart or 28 at Best Buy (unless they PM Walmart for the business, then +1 to them; but usually Black Friday sales don't get PM'd by Best Buy, do they?).
Nope. Customer Service is closed all weekend.

If you go to the walmart site you can view your local ad for this week. It looks really short/small so I highly doubt that's all the items on sale.
Yeah I just did this as well. If that's all that's on sale....that's disappointing and hardly newsworthy. It specifically said "pre-black friday" sale and has start date of Friday (11/22).

The way Walmart announced it you'd think it was the first shots of the Civil War being fired comparing it to the Super Bowl.

If that 2 page ad holds its basically all PS4 & XboxOne games $10 off so $50.

I say we will see some huge sales all around from everyone Friday.  Keep in mind Black Friday was this Friday last year. The stores are going against huge comps with one less shopping week.

Comp sales matter to companies to see how they're trending. It being a week later is one less week they're in the black.

bread's done
Back