Walmart lowering prices to match some competitors BF deals this Friday

FlashStash

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Thanks for the heads up, hopefully Amazon matches Walmarts early price matches, but if not I'll just get it through their website instead.

Well that's obvious. There are no extra  weeks in the year. So sales weeks are the same every year. This week is the same as the sales week for black Friday last year. Companies want to increase or equal to sales last year. Walmart is the first to jump start sales early starting Friday. I am sure you will see everyone quickly following.

"Black Friday is our Super Bowl and we plan to win," said Duncan Mac Naughton, chief merchandising and marketing officer, Walmart U.S.

Ok. Put the Zelda Wii U Deluxe for $240 or less and you win!
Let hope they price match the Zelda Wii U Bundle Fred Meyer is having at $250.

Somehow something got lost here. I think you and I are justifying the same exact thing. Either way, I agree with that sentiment. They will probably be aggressive and see an uptick in sales. I have my doubts about other stores being quick enough to jump on the bandwagon in time, but, hey, if they do, the consumer wins. And I love me some early deals.

I think what is awesome about the early sales is going to be price matching. Target, Best Buy, Toys R Us and Walmart all said they wouldn't be price matching Black Friday/ Thanksgiving ads.  I can't see why you won't be able to price match these early sales based on some of the Price Match policies. I know Target and TRU will price match off your smart phone. I'm not sure about the others..

That would be absolutely crazy. I would love if that happens. I bet we start to hear about some of that popping up as we get closer and closer to this weekend.

Oh wow, the ad lists Xbox One and PS4 under the Skylanders deal. Definitely might have to pick that up for PS4 then, especially since I have that $10 gift card from the fiasco a few weeks ago.

Oddly, they have DSi and 3DS XL listed too. I can see 3DS XL, even though just 3DS would make more sense, but neither game has ever been on DS/i...

Thanks OP. I want Skylanders & Disney for my kid so this is a chance to score them early and not have to worry on BF so I can shop for other games. Unfortunately it probably means I'll have to be at my 24hr Walmart several hours early just to get them in the cart before the flippers and hoarders. With the $10 Skylanders coupon from the chip bags, this deal is impossible to pass up.
Just found that coupon while cleaning my desk. Going to pick that up and Disney Infiniti for the Wii U. I don't even own a Wii U yet. :rofl:

Thanks OP. I want Skylanders & Disney for my kid so this is a chance to score them early and not have to worry on BF so I can shop for other games. Unfortunately it probably means I'll have to be at my 24hr Walmart several hours early just to get them in the cart before the flippers and hoarders. With the $10 Skylanders coupon from the chip bags, this deal is impossible to pass up.
Mentioning that coupon is helping the flippers.

Just found that coupon while cleaning my desk. Going to pick that up and Disney Infiniti for the Wii U. I don't even own a Wii U yet. :rofl:
My 10 dollar coupon expires 11/17. Any chance walmart accepts an expired coupon within a week of expiration? Assuming it still scans at the register of course...

"Prices not valid in Wisconsin" WTF
I think it's so that you're not tempted to spend your cheese money on other things which would cripple the state's economy.

I've been looking for those things of chips for like three months and never saw them. Heard about the Giants sidekicks way too late unfortunately. :whistle2:(

So further proof that this isn't the last minute reaction to other retailers ads that it at first appeared to be and has rather been planned for several months. They're running TV ads for this which there's no way they churned out in a couple days.

Were is that info available?

The 20% off coupon? It's the last page of Target's ad paper for BF.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really tempted to get Disney infinity for $37. They cancelled it when I ordered it for $18. Do you think we will see the starter pack for less than $37 anytime in the next couple years?

So further proof that this isn't the last minute reaction to other retailers ads that it at first appeared to be and has rather been planned for several months. They're running TV ads for this which there's no way they churned out in a couple days.

The 20% off coupon? It's the last page of Target's ad paper for BF.
Ah thank you, i dont looked at the Target ad, dont have a store near me.

Anyone know the terms? That i4u site is unreadable on my phone.
The advertised deal says that if you spend $75 or more on Black Friday you get 20% off one shopping trip between December 1 and 7. Of course there is a big asterisks on this deal. For some reason you need to do the shopping on the actual Black Friday (11/29/13 12:01am CT to Store close, online: 11/29/13 2am to 11/30/13 at 1:59:59 AM CST). The Target Black Friday 2013 Sale is though already starting at 8pm on Thanksgiving Day.

The advertised deal says that if you spend $75 or more on Black Friday you get 20% off one shopping trip between December 1 and 7. Of course there is a big asterisks on this deal. For some reason you need to do the shopping on the actual Black Friday (11/29/13 12:01am CT to Store close, online: 11/29/13 2am to 11/30/13 at 1:59:59 AM CST). The Target Black Friday 2013 Sale is though already starting at 8pm on Thanksgiving Day.

thanks. any exclusions on the 20%? I'd use it on an iPad.

the $100 gift card is nice but would rather have 20% just to not fight the crowds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the pic, looks like only prescriptions and optical are limited.

613x.jpg

My 10 dollar coupon expires 11/17. Any chance walmart accepts an expired coupon within a week of expiration? Assuming it still scans at the register of course...
Not sure if they'll take the expired coupon. My coupon has an expiration for 11/30/2013.

I've been looking for those things of chips for like three months and never saw them. Heard about the Giants sidekicks way too late unfortunately. :whistle2:(
Even I'm not sure how I got the coupon, since I don't remember anybody in the house buying those big bags with the promotion on it. :) It also comes with a $5 off Skylanders Giants Starter Pack that expires on 11/30 and $1 off Giants figure that expired on 9/30.

If someone happened to have that code from the chip bag ($-10) and the $10 e-gift card from Wacky Walmart Wednesday you could get Skylanders SwapForce for $17.

Any word on whether this early Walmart price-match offer includes Target's $150, 3DS XL deal?

(Didn't see any mention of this in the original article)

I plan on getting the Zelda WiiU Bundle for $240. I read that you there is a 20% off coupon for spending $75 or more.
Yup. This is what I have been thinking about doing, too. Not getting their creepy ass Red Card. Even thought that'd be an additional $15 off.

The picture of the Target coupon only states what items are excluded from the $75 qualifier. What you can actually use it on is a completely different matter with many of the usual exclusions like Apple, Bose, and video games. This is revealed in a scan of the actual coupon rather than a page in the flyer showing the promo. If you get the BFAds newsletter and click on the link for the Target 20% coupon, there is another link to  an actual scan of the coupon itself. I'll see if I can post a link. Funny thing is, it specifically excludes PS4 consoles and XBone consoles with no mention of other consoles. So maybe you can use it on a WiiU IF you can convince them it is not a "video game"

bread's done
Back