Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Disappointment is part of the thrill...

Once you're in the store, use the Walmart app. The app will tell you the "true" in store price, but they won't honor Brickseek or anything like that.

Disappointment is part of the thrill...

Once you're in the store, use the Walmart app. The app will tell you the "true" in store price, but they won't honor Brickseek or anything like that.
yeah, I just gps spoof that I'm at the store and check the walmart app beforehand, if the app shows the price it's probably accurate

i know i just didnt wanna drive out there to be dissapointed....is there anyway for me to check in the store using the sku or upc number to get it for the price listed?
It might not work, but your best bet is to google "[City] walmart" and maybe also the street name of that particular walmart in case there are multiple in one city. You should get as a search result a page that says "Search Inventory or Check Stock". Press it then go to the search bar and type in the name of the item. It should give you a list of items with prices. Sometimes however if it's low stock it wont give you the price.

It might not work, but your best bet is to google "[City] walmart" and maybe also the street name of that particular walmart in case there are multiple in one city. You should get as a search result a page that says "Search Inventory or Check Stock". Press it then go to the search bar and type in the name of the item. It should give you a list of items with prices. Sometimes however if it's low stock it wont give you the price.
i went out there and they didnt have it anymore guy told me it was discontinued and they wont be getting any more

Not Walmart, but still wanted to share. I went to the hispanic retailer Curacao and bought Battlefield V Deluxe Edition and Dark Souls Remastered. Price matched both with Walmart got a complimentary 3% off + used a $25 discount that came in the mail. Paid $66.58 after tax for both.

What you should never do is listen to the advice of the internet. I call when I want and won't call when I want. I don't care if it ruins the deal for others nor what others think. I have this thing called free will and I do what I want. If I don't want to waste a trip of gas and time Ill call, If I am worried they will find out about the deal and not honor it then I won't call. Point is I do what's in my best interest, not everyone else.

If brickseek shows one left in stock of what you're looking for and the store is far from you, then you kind of deserve to waste your time and gas by not calling. One is worse then the other A they find out how good the deal is and the employees stash it for themselves or simply deny the sale if they have the authority.  What's worse is you don't call and drive to a far away store. Go ahead and do that enough times, you won't need me to tell you to call. You'll learn it on your own.

In fact calling has helped me not just confirm stock but some of my best deals I called random stores that had zero stock listed and got lucky. That's how I got this HP laptop I'm typing on now. It was left overs from last years Black Friday. Same with my samsung 40 inch 4K TV from walmart for $79.99.  

Almost all of them the deals came by getting the right employee on the phone to find it in the backroom.

What you should never do is listen to the advice of the internet. I call when I want and won't call when I want. I don't care if it ruins the deal for others nor what others think. I have this thing called free will and I do what I want. If I don't want to waste a trip of gas and time Ill call, If I am worried they will find out about the deal and not honor it then I won't call. Point is I do what's in my best interest, not everyone else.
This is why we cant have nice things lololol

The amount of gas I've wasted chasing that thrill, just to come home with nothing at all [emoji23]
That's what you get for not calling... Half the dip shits that tell you not to, do it themselves when its convenient for them.

I mean if it shows one left in stock and you're talking about a 30-40 minute one way drive then you're pretty fuck stupid for not calling.

Now If the item is a expensive TV or game system on sale or computer then yeah not calling might be better it's the chance you take.. If it's a sub $20 dollar game or accessory then it's probably in your best interest to call.

You should call in and tell the employees every time a great deal comes along that you don't really want. If you do this enough, you'll get to know the employees. That way the employees there will really like you and they'll be more likely to save the things for you that you really want.

That's what you get for not calling... Half the dip shits that tell you not to, do it themselves when its convenient for them.

I mean if it shows one left in stock and you're talking about a 30-40 minute one way drive then you're pretty fuck stupid for not calling.

Now If the item is a expensive TV or game system on sale or computer then yeah not calling might be better it's the chance you take.. If it's a sub $20 dollar game or accessory then it's probably in your best interest to call.
I don't think it's just my walmart. I live in Joliet, IL. It's the problem that if I just show up and ask them to scan the UPC, They will tell me well it's shows 2 in stock etc.. But I haven't seen this item in a long time or I don't see it on the floor. So, I'll say can you check the backroom?. Which results into nothing. If it's shows Limited Stock on BS, I don't bother. My Wal-Mart doesn't sell Display/Demo Models. Which is what left usually when BS states limited stock. Or I'll get told, What's the item? Oh a tablet? Yeah all the Tablets are here, Except the iPad, Which is over there. You want me to scan a what? What's the item name? I'll tell you if we got it. Which results into them looking into the case with the tablets, then telling me I don't see it here. If it's a tablet, it's be right here. We don't have tablets in the backroom. Finally they'll scan it or get someone to scan it, Just tell me, Oh it's shows we got it! Must've gotten stolen. Sorry about that. Good day.

If brickseek shows one left in stock of what you're looking for and the store is far from you, then you kind of deserve to waste your time and gas by not calling. One is worse then the other A they find out how good the deal is and the employees stash it for themselves or simply deny the sale if they have the authority. What's worse is you don't call and drive to a far away store. Go ahead and do that enough times, you won't need me to tell you to call. You'll learn it on your own.

In fact calling has helped me not just confirm stock but some of my best deals I called random stores that had zero stock listed and got lucky. That's how I got this HP laptop I'm typing on now. It was left overs from last years Black Friday. Same with my samsung 40 inch 4K TV from walmart for $79.99.

Almost all of them the deals came by getting the right employee on the phone to find it in the backroom.
Personally I say there's a difference between making a call for a stock check vs calling to run the mouth about a super cool deal and\or Brickseek. I have Walmarts all around me within minutes so a quick trip is no biggie but I get someone not wasting an hour+ round trip on a wild goose chase.

I always felt the better CAGs had an unspoken code of honor amongst themselves to not ruin deals by tipping off the employees, flippers, hoarders and whatnot. The ones who don't care about others were banished to Slick Deals

Personally I say there's a difference between making a call for a stock check vs calling to run the mouth about a super cool deal and\or Brickseek. I have Walmarts all around me within minutes so a quick trip is no biggie but I get someone not wasting an hour+ round trip on a wild goose chase.

I always felt the better CAGs had an unspoken code of honor amongst themselves to not ruin deals by tipping off the employees, flippers, hoarders and whatnot. The ones who don't care about others were banished to Slick Deals
The thing for me is, if I call then I don't have to worry about getting pissed off in the store because they can't find it, or they don't have it for this reason or that reason. I like to think the employees near me don't care about the deals usually. But if I go there and they claim they can't find it for whatever reason, they always most of the time, tell me it's was stolen. OK, I'm not going to get angry, but I get pissed off that they can't find their own ass if they were forced too! I understand that's not everything is in the BACKROOM, But 90% of the time when I go there, I get told it's must've been stolen, because I can't find it or it's not here in the case with the other tablets. So it's must've been either sold or stolen, but stolen is what I'm assuming.

I'm lucky that I get consistent results in the county I live where I end up finding the items 90% of the time. But I still trust Target's inventory numbers than Walmart's.

I'm lucky that I get consistent results in the county I live where I end up finding the items 90% of the time. But I still trust Target's inventory numbers than Walmart's.
The results are consistent for me, it's just the employees not wanting to help 99% of the time.

The results are consistent for me, it's just the employees not wanting to help 99% of the time.
That is the only consistent thing I can find as well. Someone will post a batch of a dozen clearance HP computers here and the local store has several showing multiple in stock. But when I ask an employee in the department they tell me they don't have any HP computers in stock. Not specific to clearance ones just that they don't have any in stock at all and when you ask if they might be in the back instead of on the floor they say they aren't allowed to go back there when other customers are shopping in that department. Lol.

In my experiences with Brickseek I've had about 90% success in getting the items I've been looking for.
In my experiences with brickseek, 90% of the time the items are nowhere to be found. In my experiences with the store app, when the items show in stock, 90% of the time I am told they were "stolen"

All the Christmas stuff is reflecting markdowns, cheap inflatables, lights, holiday gift pack bundles, etc, ymmv on store hours

Not sure what happened to those HP Pavillion laptops. Every store around had around 12 until a couple days ago and now they're sold out. Must have been hit hard by shoplifters/Christmas.

All the Christmas stuff is reflecting markdowns, cheap inflatables, lights, holiday gift pack bundles, etc, ymmv on store hours
Good to know. I'll wait another week and finally grab a tree (lol). But as far as Walmart, I find they are the most helpful if you hit them up first thing in the morning. I assume because there isn't traffic and the employees know those cameras are watching them. I've gotten a good bit of stuff by early morning employees willing to go to the back and search. If you're getting a great deal, it also helps to throw a $5 spot their way every now and then (builds rapport and they become more willing to help you out in the future).

You're late to the party on the .03 games. Most are long gone by now
Don't worry. I've probably bought the most $.03 games out of anyone here. But these are new ones not yet mentioned in this thread.

They are still out in the wild. I found a bunch last month. Best chance is a Walmart that has not remodeled this year.

Don't worry. I've probably bought the most $.03 games out of anyone here. But these are new ones not yet mentioned in this thread.

They are still out in the wild. I found a bunch last month. Best chance is a Walmart that has not remodeled this year.
Surprisingly, BS shows a somewhat nearby store that might have both that you mentioned in stock, but shows Limited, so not really worth the effort to seek them out.

Yep, I still find them from time to time.

Saw lots of clearance at my local Walmart. Will try to write what I remember:

3DS:
Pokémon Y
Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
Captain Toad
Monster Hunter Stories
Yoshi Wooly World
Mario Party Star Party
Metroid Samus Returns
Miitopia
All $20

PS4:
FFXV Royal edition $15
FFXII Zodiac Age $7.50
South Park fractured but whole (with free Stick of Truth) $10
Dynasty warriors 9 $10
Uncharted Lost Legacy $10
Ni No Kuni 2 $10
Dishonored 2 $10
AC Odyssey Deluxe Edition $40
Mafia 3 $10
LA noire $10

And more but that’s all I could remember. YMMV as always

Saw lots of clearance at my local Walmart. Will try to write what I remember:

South Park fractured but whole (with free Stick of Truth) $10
I'd be in for South Park but BS shows $19.93 for all my locations. Still a good deal for 2 games. Is "free Stick of Truth" a digital code or physical copy?

This isn't clearance, but yesterday I noticed that my local Walmart has the Lego Overwatch sets for sale. I bought the Lego Bastion for my son for $40, but the MSRP appears to be $50. I didn't look into the other sets, but I saw all of them except for Watchpoint: Gibraltar.

This isn't clearance, but yesterday I noticed that my local Walmart has the Lego Overwatch sets for sale. I bought the Lego Bastion for my son for $40, but the MSRP appears to be $50. I didn't look into the other sets, but I saw all of them except for Watchpoint: Gibraltar.
yeah I checked BS and the walmart app, stores appear to all have him priced at $40 flat, be nice to find one at that. The Gibraltar set looks nice but that price tag is a bit much, probably gonna wait for that one to get cut down

edit: I looked up the other Overwatch sets, they are all below MSRP in walmart's system for whatever reason, street date isn't til next week technically so it could get fixed before then, you might wanna circle back if you were gonna pick any of the sets up in the near future

Gibraltar is showing $72

D.Va & Reinhardt is showing $32

Dorado Showdown is showing $24

Tracer vs Widowmaker is showing $12

Hanzo vs Genji is showing $16

Got a couple stores claiming to have these in stock. Seems like a great price, will see if I can find any after work!
Yeah my store show some at ten bucks, tempted but not sure how well these would work for crushing ice since I mostly used my blender for smoothies etc

bread's done
Back