War of the Roses Beta Codes - New CAG Code Giveaway System

[quote name='CheapyD'][IMG-R=5838]26619[/IMG-R]Do you like free stuff? Thanks to modern technology and specifically, Super Programmer John, we now have the ability to dole out codes to CAG members in an automated manner. Tony from Amazon PC Downloads is helping us christen the new system with free in-game content for Saints Row: The Third, Stronghold: Kingdoms, and 8BitMMO. Coming soon, War of the Roses beta codes.

:pc: CAG Code Giveaway System [/QUOTE]

ya doesn't work, got a code right after the tweet, steam says its already in use.. broken system.

[quote name='VonWolfman']ya doesn't work, got a code right after the tweet, steam says its already in use.. broken system.[/QUOTE]

There's no way that codes are being reused through our system - there have been no complaints for the other giveaways, just this Saint's Row one. It's possible that a few of the codes were duds.

[quote name='VonWolfman']ya doesn't work, got a code right after the tweet, steam says its already in use.. new system.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

For those of you bothered, I would just chill for now, since, well, it is a new.

its posted on a hundred places around the internet...there needs to be a restriction like only veteran +

[quote name='Larce80']its posted on a hundred places around the internet...there needs to be a restriction like only veteran +[/QUOTE]

We will do that for the upcoming War of the Roses beta

[quote name='Falcongamer']Hey cheapyd, thanks for adding this to the site. Has there been plans to do a store that would allow us to use the Cag points?[/QUOTE]

A store to buy what?

Well, that I'm not sure CheapyD. The reason I ask of the question is that there has to be something planned in the future on the CAG points.

[quote name='CheapyD']In the future, the plan is to allow CAGs to setup their own code giveaways, and allow them to set eligibility criteria such as membership length, post count, etc.[/QUOTE]
:applause:Hopefully the current PS3 code drop thread and the members who have been super generous there will convert over to the new system to lock out the lurkers who never seem to say thank you for the generosity but grab a ton of the codes.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause:Hopefully the current PS3 code drop thread and the members who have been super generous there will convert over to the new system to lock out the lurkers who never seem to say thank you for the generosity but grab a ton of the codes.[/QUOTE]

how does this system force you to say "thank you?"

Seems to me that all it does is restrict the lurking to registered members. Sanctioned lurking if you will. Not that I care. Lurkers gonna lurk.

And free is free!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']how does this system force you to say "thank you?"

Seems to me that all it does is restrict the lurking to registered members. Sanctioned lurking if you will. Not that I care. Lurkers gonna lurk.

And free is free![/QUOTE]
At least with the ability to restrict it to only registered and active members, the person giving away a code could require a PM and a thank you.;) I know I certainly would.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']At least with the ability to restrict it to only registered and active members, the person giving away a code could require a PM and a thank you.;) I know I certainly would.:D[/QUOTE]

Or keep a log of whoever took the code(s), so if there was no "Thank you," a public humiliation would be in order. Or at least be able to block said person from further giveaways.

[quote name='sp00ge']Or keep a log of whoever took the code(s), so if there was no "Thank you," a public humiliation would be in order. Or at least be able to block said person from further giveaways.[/QUOTE]
:applause:That's an even better idea imo.

Just noticed the War of the Roses codes are up, are they supposed to be working yet or no? Because I'm getting a "Sorry, that's not a valid code." message and am just wondering

[quote name='MoCiWe']Just noticed the War of the Roses codes are up, are they supposed to be working yet or no? Because I'm getting a "Sorry, that's not a valid code." message and am just wondering[/QUOTE]

Running into the same issue.

[quote name='CheapyD']We will do that for the upcoming War of the Roses beta[/QUOTE]
"You need to have been registered for at least 365 days to be eligible for this code."

nice, but too overdone for me #-o

The beta doesn't go live til the 8th I believe. So they'll probably get the page up and running sometime in between now and then. But yes, codes aren't working right now, just hang on to them and try again tomorrow.

Did I miss out on the War of the Roses beta keys? I don't see it listed on the giveaway page at all any more. I thought War of the Roses would still be listed, but with a "No Codes Remaining" note. Oh well, if I did I'll just have to play something else..

[quote name='tardoman']Did I miss out on the War of the Roses beta keys? I don't see it listed on the giveaway page at all any more. I thought War of the Roses would still be listed, but with a "No Codes Remaining" note. Oh well, if I did I'll just have to play something else..[/QUOTE]

We took it down since the code redemption page isn't up yet. As soon as it is, we'll put the codes up again.

[quote name='John']We took it down since the code redemption page isn't up yet. As soon as it is, we'll put the codes up again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks John! I'm lookin' forward to tryin' it out!

[quote name='Larce80']"You need to have been registered for at least 365 days to be eligible for this code."

nice, but too overdone for me #-o[/QUOTE]

The plan is to start off with that requirement (for 2 days) and then open it up.

Can someone post on the CAG twitter feed once it's up? Otherwise I'm just F5'ing the code giveaway page every 5-10mins =(

Edit:
Tony said beta starts 8/15 on the Amazon Thread. Will the codes be posted at a later date instead of today? If so can you please let us know? I've been F5'ing the code giveaway page since 8AM this morning hoping to get a beta key =(

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the method of first opening the giveaways to people with at least 1 year of membership. I don't know how complicated this would be, but you could then open it to people with maybe 3+ months, then 1 month, then everyone after that

[quote name='Slash']There is more than one legitimate person coming from my IP. Is there any way to work around this, or is the system locked to 1 key per IP?[/QUOTE]

It's locked to one per IP.

these are good ideas from another thread
[quote name='Shrowd']I tend to agree, it does kind of suck to not be able to get a code, and understand. I too am in the same boat. Have 4 more months for my date to flip to be eligible.

And never gripe about a problem without a solution so here is mine.

2 proposals

First suggestion- stagger the access to the beta keys

first day for CAG members with 1+ year
second day CAG members with 6+ months
third day CAG members with 3+ months
4th day and until the beta keys run out CAG members with 30+ days

Second Suggestion- 6 month time frame + 30 post minimum, that would give more active CAG members a shot at getting a beta key.[/QUOTE]

If you opened it up to everyone after 2 days, its almost as bad as opening it up to everyone form the start

So the general consensus is that the beta is not up yet? I'm getting a "This game is currently unavailable (Corrupt game files)." error.

Had to close explorer and reload CAG and it worked for me.

Thanks Cheapy!

[quote name='DrawingBlanks']"Sorry, you've already claimed one of these codes."

Heh?[/QUOTE]

Maybe in the description of the code giveaways you could list system requirements, minimum requirements so people won't take codes they can't use. I am sure someone could google it but I clicked on the NDA and noticed the developers didn't have any info on the signup page and sometimes demo information is not available at all until a code is entered.

Edited to add. Info not on steam, went to paradox website and the requirements were not on the site readily found either.

[quote name='CheapyD']I think I prefer this:

Days 1 & 2 = year plus
Day 3 = 6 months+
Day 4 = 3 months+
Day 5 = everyone[/QUOTE]

Thanks Cheapy, was afraid I was going to get shut out completely! Glad to hear I still have a shot at a key.

I didn't notice this being posted anywhere, but thought it might come in handy. I compiled as much info as I could find.

War of the Roses
System Requirements:
  • Processor: Dual Core 2.4GHz processor
    [Recommended: Quad Core 2.13GHz processor]
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Hard Disk Space: 5GB
  • Video Card: 512MB Shader 4.0 compatible card (Nvidia GeForce 9800, AMD Radeon 4830)
    [Recommended: 1024MB Shader 4.0 compatible card (Nvidia GeForce GTX 460, AMD Radeon HD 5870)]
  • DirectX®: Direct3D 11

I'm not going to be able to run it correctly, so there's really no point in me grabbing a code. Hope everyone has fun though! It looks like a pretty fun game.

I successfully added it to my Steam account, but it won't download. Was this the case for anyone else?

bread's done
Back