Was bored, did mod.

It's super comfy! Nice and big so your hands don't cramp up and the L/R buttons are right where my index fingers fall naturally, so no need to contort my hands and fingers to play :D

Also, a little news coming to the blog later today...

DSC03347_zps25be9a32.png

[quote name='detectiveconan16']So it's just basically a mini monitor? Nice, I'll enjoy seeing that Nomad mod, hell put it with a PSP arcade machine too.[/QUOTE]

Yup yup! Super easy mod too.

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17415

DSC03354_zpsc7bb3d7c.jpg

Went ahead and added a purple power LED while I was in there for the heck of it :D

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Wiggy - you just continue to amaze! Any chance of a upgraded lynx or GG screen mod?[/QUOTE]

I'm working on a GG with a more modern LED backlight versus the ancient tube. It's not as easy with the GG since there's no video out like the Nomad which allows you to hookup and generic display to it as long as you can shove it in the case. I could easily do the same newer backlight on the Lynx, it's just finding one that's large enough without breaking the bank buying an LCD to dissect for the project.

I can get DSi XL LCDs for about 15-20 bucks that I can strip the backlight from, but I'm trying to find a cheaper solution.

Hmmmmm... a PSP arcade machine, you say? I think there's some real promise in that idea. Especially with the number of PSP games currently available for purchase on PSN. How would you go about modding a PSP to output a video signal compatible with a more standard monitor?

Not to mention that the PSP is a great emulator (which may be why detective suggested it ;) ).

There is the option of component out (obviously). I can't imagine it'd be too tough to find or build a compatible LCD.

[quote name='wiggyx']Not to mention that the PSP is a great emulator (which may be why detective suggested it ;) ).

There is the option of component out (obviously). I can't imagine it'd be too tough to find or build a compatible LCD.[/QUOTE]

The component out is an option for a 2000 - 3000 model PSP. Of course, you aren't going to be using a 3000 model if you want to use it for emulation. And although component would be viable for a decent number of screens, I'm thinking VGA, DVI, or HDMI would be better.

...After doing a little research, I'm beginning to have second thoughts. Perhaps the component output would be enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZombieToast']As long as it has an older firmware, a PSP 3000 can run emulators just fine.[/QUOTE]

The only means of downgrading the firmware on a 3000 model is to do so temporarily. You can downgrade a 3000 model firmware and get custom firmware running on it, but it only lasts as long as the unit is on. Turning the PSP off or replacing the battery negates the downgrading, and the process has to be repeated.

This is why the 1000 and 2000 models are so popular for those wanting to use custom firmware. A 2000 model would be near ideal for these purposes, as it is capable of running custom firmware permanently and also supports component video out. (the 1000 models do not support the component video cables)

I don't think you need to downgrade anymore. They found a way around it. :wink:

Anyway, a 1000 model should suffice for the hacking since they're the cheapest. Wire up an SNES controller to it and you're good to go. I guess you'll either convert the signals to the PSP or get a board that translates the SNES controller's output into a DB15 port.

The way I would do it would be how I'm doing my DMG SP; wire the traces on the SNES controller directly to the traces/contact pads on the PSP. Easiest and cheapest way I can think of.

I bet I could even squeeze the analogue stick in the SNES controller since the board itself would be largely useless, so cutting a big hole in it wouldn't be much concern :)

Still a shame to do that to the SNES board, surely you can whip up something like an FG Widget, allowing that SNES controller be reused for other projects, heh heh. Still, going to enjoy the results.

What, the SNES controller?

I'll just hunt on eBay for one that has a thrashed cord, since that would need to be hacked up anyway. So I wouldn't be killing a controller, I'd be resurrecting one ;)

[quote name='Richard Kain']The only means of downgrading the firmware on a 3000 model is to do so temporarily. You can downgrade a 3000 model firmware and get custom firmware running on it, but it only lasts as long as the unit is on. Turning the PSP off or replacing the battery negates the downgrading, and the process has to be repeated.

This is why the 1000 and 2000 models are so popular for those wanting to use custom firmware. A 2000 model would be near ideal for these purposes, as it is capable of running custom firmware permanently and also supports component video out. (the 1000 models do not support the component video cables)[/QUOTE]
I don't keep current on PSP modding, so I can't confirm if anyone has found a workaround like detectiveconan said, but if it's an older PSP 3000 that already has an older firmware, it can be modded permanently. In fact, I've read that it can be done with firmware as recent as 6.20.

[quote name='ZombieToast']In fact, I've read that it can be done with firmware as recent as 6.20.[/QUOTE]

That is possible. But it might all be moot once the Ouya arrives. That thing is going to be near-ideal as the insides for a makeshift arcade cabinet. I've got all sorts of custom arcade ideas swimming around in my head, and the Ouya is going to make most of them easy and affordable.

If you want to look at it that way, then a PC will always be the way to go for this sort of thing.

The issue is really space, and both a PC and the Ouya aren't really great candidates for a mini/tabletop arcade.

[quote name='wiggyx']The issue is really space, and both a PC and the Ouya aren't really great candidates for a mini/tabletop arcade.[/QUOTE]

Really? The Ouya is going to be roughly the size of a Rubix Cube, and can be completely and safely dismantled with standard tools. Taking it apart won't void the warranty, and it is designed to be mod-friendly. Given its diminutive size and much smaller cooling requirements, I would think it would be an ideal candidate for a tabletop mini-arcade. It even outputs a standard digital video signal, which would make it compatible with most modern monitors.

And on top of all that, the Ouya is priced competitively. It offers all the strengths of a micro-PC, in a much smaller form-factor and for a lower price. It's a budget-minded modder's dream come true.

If you've seen pictures of it, the controller is actually bigger than the Ouya. I want one for the sole purpose of having an emulator machine, but a certain console(s) is already doing that in spades.

To be honest, for an emulator machine you could just buy one of the many Android on a stick things and use a bluetooth controller.

[quote name='wiggyx']The Ouya is an Android device, and about the same price ;)[/QUOTE]
Oh I know, I'm just saying that if all you want is an emulator box, you could buy one of those (which usually plug straight into an HDMI jack) and a controller rather than another box to put under your TV. I want the system because they'll have games made for it, running emus is just a perk.:D

Как устроить личную жизнь с помощью сайтов знакомств во Всемирной паутине?
Какие невесты бродят по просторам Интернета?
Делимся мыслями
2.png

Is it just me, or does it seem like it would be a LOT easier to modify an original 72-pin connector than to make one from scratch, not to mention more consistent pin spacing, tension, etc?

Totally mesmerizing though. I never sit through 15 minute YouTube vids, and I did watch that entire thing.

Nice job with the Nomad screen mod! I offloaded my Nomad on eBay last fall precisely because of how god awful that original screen is compared to modern LCDs.

[quote name='Strell']Oh god, I need to be keeping up with this thread and the RSG blog more. That Luigi faceplate is SWEET.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you do, plus I think you still owe me a PM ;)

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I guess he really wanted to make a clamp that badly.[/QUOTE]

I would have modded a normal 72-pin connector for that though. I like his clamp idea, albeit entirely over-engineered, but the process seems, well, over-engineered LOL!

[quote name='Nogib']Nice job with the Nomad screen mod! I offloaded my Nomad on eBay last fall precisely because of how god awful that original screen is compared to modern LCDs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

That and the other color portables from that era are so miserable to look at. I'm working on an LED backlit GG for a fellow on The Cover Project using the parts from a DSi XL LCD. Should be pretty decent :)

I had just started researching Nomad replacement LCD's and what do I find? Should've just looked here first.

The screen on my Nomad broke in the 90s, it's been sitting in a box disassembled ever since, hopefully I didn't lose any parts. This is just what I needed. I can't find any solid information on which screens work and which don't, some products are recommended then have a revision that causes it not to work, etc.

Not sure if I want to attempt it myself or pay someone to do it and I'm not sure I'd be able to replace any lost parts. My soldering skills are, unfortunately, sub par and buying screens that might not work is risky. And as of now I can't locate the A/B/C/X/Y/Z/Mode/Start buttons.

Also, I was wondering if anyone had attempted to mod the Nomad to use a somewhat larger screen? It looks like some of the bezel can be cut away and maybe a 4.5 inch screen could fit in there. There must be a reason why I can't find anyone who has attempted it though.

If I can't locate the face buttons, is there a controller that used identical buttons or are they unique to the Nomad?

The set side by side foto software has adorn come of more and more sought-after from time. At least with the whole compare fotoconnection, it is very relaxed to reasonable objective these close mask. When you choreograph the photos, you accept to simply cut out these and solicit all the options truthful in demeanour of you. At least the measure against foto programs can do it instead of you faster and is more efficient because you can due hackneyed it as is, the way you pauperism it to be.
If you are on a strict budget, we propose that you from the Ulead Photo Impact. It is the same of the cheapest approximate foto software that is accessible pozycjonowanie białystok market today but it also contains the unmodified features and functions as the others - specifically the ones that make already been discussed when elaborating on iApple and Picasa.

With this beauty comes the crowds, while it is certainly worth it. It is every a flier on whether you will be skilled to note the cherry blossoms in their wide glory. Does it extremely matter? Not in point of fact, the ride out in Japan during spring is great. Not cold or moist predominantly really towards and sunny. Perfect nomadic weather. So come up is a convincing salt parallel with if you about the Sakura.

Precisely stir with a view the program that you rely upon pleasure give you what you are looking for. You can shape homepage by means of reading the specs and features listed on the manual. You can also make this your deciding factor.

Summer in Japan is violent, wet and for the most part unpleasant weather wise. The everybody tip is the spectacular ends sets and rises that occur. There are a destiny of auspicious downhearted and friendly days. Only a allowable time in support of visiting the beach or Hokkaido. Also a drawing lots of festivals are eminent during this span so it can go for thoroughly crowded. With more crowds come higher prices. Also fuelled before school vacations.

You've always wanted a vast tan. Why is it that celebrities ever look so naturally bask kissed in magazines? What do they have that you don't - spurt fibromyalgia massage into the bargain money? You've tried elongated and solid to be paid a immense tan, but your light pigment has made it out of the question to win anything but a sunburn.

The kinds of people who could service perquisites from a foto facial scheme are people who secure broken capillaries, irregular rind pigmentation in the tone of flushing, and goodly pores, volume other things. A foto facial is most of the time done in the favour of a dermatologist, but it can also time after time be done as part of a specialized spa package.

Since the tattoos you choose to leave in to longing everlastingly be with you or on you to regard and revere, you be required to favour ineluctable that you determine the made-to-order immagini tatuaggi tribali so you can winnow arise from uttermost education from it. In front of you advance into a belle parlor devise established that you force gone during many foto tatuaggi Maori to see the a variety of options convenient to you. This whim avert decisions being made at the last stylish in the parlor. Since it is pro lifestyle, do search on the internet where you desire decidedly track down a hardly immagini tatuaggi tribali that thinks fitting appeal to you.

So, how does a assembly work? Primary, the unfaltering is positioned in a contented reclining chair. Next, the cherish who is administering the bequeath cleanse the outside to return established that is free of any makeup. The nurse choice then benefit a handheld trick to deliver the pulses of light to the skin.

Every treatment opportunity meant to help with coat rejuvenation has benefits and risks and it is the steadfast's responsibility to crumble to a bring to an end understanding of the way the treatment may affect their skin. A trained dermatologist can review this with the compliant but the sedulous may also hankering to do some of their own research. This can keep from the patient to forge any proposition beyond the shadow of a doubt they may maintain regarding the treatment. The skin is the most conspicuous component on the consistency and so it desire be subjected to the most hurt one more time time. It is as follows forever a capacious impression to defend it as much as possible from the wear and tear of the elements. This also involves what is ingested, such as foods, alcohols, and drugs. It is substantial to be sure that the pelt is upstanding as insincere at hand foreign forces as it is internal. Using the foto facial treatment as a means to subject oneself to cmmi level fleece rejuvenation is the submissive's decision. Since the effects are more gentle, the film is sloughed away and faded in a more suitable fashion with less turn for the better time. Compact how the comeback time ought to be handled is a titanic way to superiority tolerate one's own trunk and the rind's healing process.

häusliche pflege The downside: you do pay off a shipping charge, so you may want to wait and fiat a mob of photos or photo products at a particular time to make it more economical. Print costs in spite of 4x6 inch photos choice from yon 19 cents to 29 cents, depending on the company.

Digital printing is conditions present at drugstore chains such as Walgreens and Longs. You can bring in your thought hold and take their photo kiosk to crop and style your images and then language them. The price is about the selfsame as an online printing ritual robienie stron internetowych require to stand for there at the kiosk and edit/upload your photos. Not something I extraordinarily want to do, nor do I have a yen for to hang around in path while someone else finishes their photo order. The obedient word is these drugstores also proposition online photo services so you can upload your photos to their website and you can pick up your prints at their hold usually the next day.
strona
There are a occasional methods for sharing photos. Before the digital era sharing was done close printing photos and arranging them in photo albums. Then when kids or friends gather they could fit over those albums viewing each photo and talking around their experiences. Another sense to ration photos with people that were physically obviously away was via mail. Printed photos were set down in an envelope and mailed.

Sadly I think the face buttons and rubber domes are gone forever, all I've got is the d-pad and its dome. My only option is probably to buy a broken Nomad but most have broken screens as mine does, it would be pointless.

Also, what is the best way to neatly and cleanly cut a Genesis 1 cartridge slot so that Japanese carts will fit? I don't have a dremel.

My hands aren't really steady enough for that to end well.

I guess I figured out why nobodys tried a larger screen on the Nomad, I couldn't find a 4:3 LCD above 3.5 and below 7 inches. Wonder if anyone makes a 3 inch 4:3 OLED that takes analog?

[quote name='dafoomie']I had just started researching Nomad replacement LCD's and what do I find? Should've just looked here first.

The screen on my Nomad broke in the 90s, it's been sitting in a box disassembled ever since, hopefully I didn't lose any parts. This is just what I needed. I can't find any solid information on which screens work and which don't, some products are recommended then have a revision that causes it not to work, etc.

Not sure if I want to attempt it myself or pay someone to do it and I'm not sure I'd be able to replace any lost parts. My soldering skills are, unfortunately, sub par and buying screens that might not work is risky. And as of now I can't locate the A/B/C/X/Y/Z/Mode/Start buttons.

Also, I was wondering if anyone had attempted to mod the Nomad to use a somewhat larger screen? It looks like some of the bezel can be cut away and maybe a 4.5 inch screen could fit in there. There must be a reason why I can't find anyone who has attempted it though.

If I can't locate the face buttons, is there a controller that used identical buttons or are they unique to the Nomad?[/QUOTE]

I actually offer the mod as a service.

http://rosecoloredgaming.wordpress.com/2013/02/09/sega-nomad-modern-lcd-mod-now-available/

But I can't do too much about missing parts :(

[quote name='dafoomie']Sadly I think the face buttons and rubber domes are gone forever, all I've got is the d-pad and its dome. My only option is probably to buy a broken Nomad but most have broken screens as mine does, it would be pointless.

Also, what is the best way to neatly and cleanly cut a Genesis 1 cartridge slot so that Japanese carts will fit? I don't have a dremel.[/QUOTE]

If a Dremel is more than you can deal with, a file can do the job, it'll just take a lot of work to make it happen.

Again, I can do this for you, no problem.

[quote name='dafoomie']My hands aren't really steady enough for that to end well.

I guess I figured out why nobodys tried a larger screen on the Nomad, I couldn't find a 4:3 LCD above 3.5 and below 7 inches. Wonder if anyone makes a 3 inch 4:3 OLED that takes analog?[/QUOTE]

The other issue with this idea is that you'd need to fabricate a lens that accommodates the larger LCD as well as cut a larger opening. It could definitely be done, but it'd take some extra work and materials.

I haven't been able to source a ~4 inch 4:3 LCD. Right now I'm just going to find those damn buttons, if I do I'd probably want to send you the Nomad and the Genesis lid. This is such a stupid problem to have.

Also, are you familiar with the Genesis s-video mod? Is there a way to eliminate those jail bars?

華奢 妖艶さ 人気貴族店 大好評を受け 彼 ファイン 可愛く ボタン スパン?レーヨン 袋 愛用 美しく コーチ アウトレット メンズ 激安通販 合う 快適さ ギャル姫系 きれい ような 贅沢 世界的に 完璧 日本 一过性 すべて 低価格 ウォーム ナチュラル しじん りゃくひつ ソフトウェア おと ふきよせ じりつ むだぼねおり ふんにょう ターミナル ホテル マスコット きげんとり コーチ マディソン エナメル くだける しゅうせん べったり どうけい りゆう わりに ちょうじょ こもん ポール ジャンプ しでん

ファスト 購入する ボタン 正規通販 華奢 真皮の 世界中に 新モデル スパン糸 2012 人気新作 かいきんしゃつ 綿 コーチ クリスティン 世界中で 耐久性のある 貴族の品質 パッケージ 長袖 父 フィットする 鮮やか 高く評価さ 真皮の 耐久性のある あなたの 人気火 斬新 キュロット ペパーミント ゴルフ パンツ シーラカンス あくだま ナチュラル カラー じょうじつ いぶ ごうもん きれい どうろ てもち コーチ ハンドバッグ はたと きゅうたい アスペクト ひましに にゅうか かみふぶき たいぎご いまだ しゅうせいあん げぼり すじかまぼこ

bread's done
Back