Welcome to the All New Cheap Ass Gamer!

Very nice, a marked improvement. Coupled with Cheapy's assurances that CAG is going to focus even more on deals, I'm excited to see where CAG goes. These are great times we live in. :)

All around, kudos.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kaijufan']I also have that problem, hopefully it will be fixed.[/quote]
As someone mentioned above, go to User CP > Edit Options > scroll to the very bottom of the page and select 'Yes' to use 100% of the screen. Looks much better now :D

Looks great. There's just one thing missing.
The rimshot smiley
rimshot.gif

edit - nevermind! Saw how to use 100% of the screen. Maybe this should be default? It looks WAY better.

[quote name='SynGamer']As someone mentioned above, go to User CP > Edit Options > scroll to the very bottom of the page and select 'Yes' to use 100% of the screen. Looks much better now :D[/QUOTE]

Ahh, thanks -- I missed that as well. It definitely makes a huge difference.

I am very impressed with the quality JavaScript on the Banner and the front page. Great work John and everyone who had a hand in it!

[quote name='SynGamer']As someone mentioned above, go to User CP > Edit Options > scroll to the very bottom of the page and select 'Yes' to use 100% of the screen. Looks much better now :D[/quote]
Thanks it looks much better now. 100% should be the default option.

I'd like to add in that it appears that people see one of two things for the iTrader percent. Either 0% or 100%. Some have reported one percent, and others reported the other.

They'll probably switch "use 100% of the screen" to the default pretty soon. Give 'em a sec, the site just launched. I've been really critical of CAG lately, but this is fantastic.

It's a little too dark for me, but I guess I can deal. Also, all the smilies seem to be broken, minus the drooling one...

Edit: where the heck did my PM box go? Do I HAVE to go into User CP every time to see them?

[quote name='TripMasterMunky']Oh, and why is ASS highlighted in orange in the title?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes you'll see an orange ass. It just happens. Better get used to it.

Congrats on the soft launch. Hats off to the dev crew. Good job indeed.

Now get back to work! You've got bugs to squash and features to complete!

I kid, I kid! :p

Ok so I set the forum width to use 100% of the screen and it looks great. But the banner ad at the top looks off kilter off to the side like it is. The header at the top is ok where it is, you expect those things to be located there. but the banner ad would fit nicer if it was centered IMO.

I'm sorry guys, I really hate the design. Change can be the best thing in the world, but this seems to awkward. I am sure I will get used to it, but I still like the classic feel of 1.0.

Cheapy...Your caricature at the top needs to be "slightly" bigger. It looks like you're gonna be crushed by all those video games/DVDs. Other than that the new CAG looks great.

Looks... interesting. I just gotta mess with it some and it'll grow on me. In the meantime, only bug I immediately noticed is smileys aren't working (nothing but red X's in their place).

I love it. You have officially given me a boner.

I do miss the XBL script on the left bar where we could just click it and add friends. I loved that.

Good work so far.

Two suggestions:
1) In a typical post, in the left column with the poster's name/avatar/details, can the inner border be eliminated, so that the darker part is stretched all the way in that rectangle? Seems like it would eliminate an extraneous line and make the page look less busy.

2) Going along with this, can the spaces between each post be eliminated? Seems useless too.

Otherwise, looking good so far, can't wait to try out some of the new features.

Edit: Ok, third suggestion. Can we switch the placing of the User CP icon and the search icon at the top, so that the gear is next to "home" ? I'm so used to clicking back and forth between the home and User CP to check front page threads versus subscribed ones.

I guess that leads to a fourth suggestion, which I imagine someone has mentioned, which would be more threads to see on the front page with recent posts. I think it's at 5 right now, which is a tad few.

[quote name='yukine']Go to Forum Options, and set it to 100%

Problem solved.[/quote]

Thanks for that, it's weird using only half the screen. The green is a little bright for my tastes, I'll adjust.

Not bad man, not bad at all. Somehow I expected something more advanced looking (this is most certainly a 2.0 site, just without too much flash), but it still has the CAG feel down, so that's nice. Simple but powerful.

[quote name='twen']Am I the only one wanting an option to switch themes back to 'Classic'? :/[/QUOTE]

You're not the only one. I like the idea of the changes, and the overall "feel" of the design is pretty good, but the contrast is way too low for me to differentiate between individual posts. Is there any way we could be able to switch to the old theme, or at least boost up the contrast slightly? I dislike how everything is so dark now.

Is there a way to sort the threads on the frontpage similar to the previous layout? I don't like to see "Recently updated threads" and "Most popular threads" or whatever. (Especially when those overlap!) (I learned to read the first post...)

I'm liking the option for 200 posts per page now.

Oh, and I can't see advertisements in Firefox on the frontpage. They are on the frontpage in IE. Maybe I shouldn't say that, since I like it without the ads (in my main Firefox), but I thought you would want to know Cheapy.

Like a few others here, I'm finding it more difficult to differentiate between bolded unread topics and read topics in the thread list. The previous text color was definitely easier on the eyes.

Other than that, the buttons to change the text size in the upper right corner don't seem to work.

I like the new layout in the thread view, and the overall look is good, but I hope we get a PM inbox notification at the top like the site had before.

Color scheme needs some tweaking though. Maybe light grey for read threads? Right now bold is the only way to know which are new threads. It's a bit hard on the eyes.

I has an idea about that "web log" thing.

Make it to where you can clear other users to post on your blog, that way several people can get together and post on the same blog, even though it remains one person's personal blog. That way some projects that are slightly more robust than what one person can do can come about, like a mini-gameLife or kotaku or whathaveyou.

bread's done
Back