Welcome to the All New Cheap Ass Gamer!

I was going to ask if it's possible to turn off the automatic hyperlink line under every link without it being highlighted? It looks cluttered in forums now.

Hey. Site looks good I just have one request, not sure if this has been posted yet. I have a fairly large monitor, 22" widescreen and the forums simply do not look right on here. Everything is really compact and aligned to the left. Could you either make it stretch to fill the user's screen or align everything to the middle of the screen? That would be great. Thanks and congratulations on the launch of the new site.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Hey. Site looks good I just have one request, not sure if this has been posted yet. I have a fairly large monitor, 22" widescreen and the forums simply do not look right on here. Everything is really compact and aligned to the left. Could you either make it stretch to fill the user's screen or align everything to the middle of the screen? That would be great. Thanks and congratulations on the launch of the new site.[/quote]
User Panel > Edit Options > Display Forums at 100% Width (scroll all the way to the bottom)

While adding peoples, posting in my CAG blog, and creating a group, I forgot this was the soft launch. It's impressive, to say it succinctly.

I do agree with people who have said the old text color was easier on the eyes, though.

I noticed a new feature: the ability to add polls to threads long after they've been created.

It used to be that if you forgot to add a poll to your thread while creating it, you were screwed.

damn, looks great. i think it even looks better than the previews you showed me, Cheapy. :D

Pretty ugly grey. Not a fan of new CAGer at all. Dont get me wrong I wont like leave the site if they dont fix it.....but man this is ugly. Reminds me of forums back in like the early 90s when every message board had the same ugly blah look.

What a day. CAG 2.0 and PS3 firmware 2.40 both in the same day! It will take some getting used to but I like the new layout! I guess no CML until that part of the new site is implemented?

Unless I'm crazy, sub-forum links aren't clickable (i.e. Wii/DS from the Nintendo page). Known issue?

Liking the look overall, will take some getting used to.

Everything looks good, but how do you adjust the font? It hurts my eyes to try and read everything so small right now.

[quote name='botticus']Unless I'm crazy, sub-forum links aren't clickable (i.e. Wii/DS from the Nintendo page). Known issue?

Liking the look overall, will take some getting used to.[/quote]

They are working fine for me. :whistle2:k

[quote name='QiG']Everything looks good, but how do you adjust the font? It hurts my eyes to try and read everything so small right now.[/quote]

Top right corner. The three "A"s;)

Not sure where to post this (is there a feedback section for the site redesign?) but how do I turn off underlining the thread topic in the forum view? I've looked all over the user control panel and I cannot find any such option.

Everything else is looking pretty good from my short time looking around this morning before work.

[quote name='yukine']They are working fine for me. :whistle2:k[/quote]
Well that's odd.

To clarify, every other link on those pages is clickable (latest posts, Cheapy's locked announcement thread, etc). Just not the sub-forums.

Edit: It's an IE problem, apparently. Firefox doesn't give me any issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple question: Is there anyway I can increase the number of "Latest Forum Posts" that are shown to me on the front page? I really liked how it used to be with 5 of the latest posts shown in 6 forum categories for a total of 30 posts shown. The current number of 5 total posts shown is way too few for me. It would be awesome if this was fully customizable for each user to pick which forum categories and how many latest posts are shown to them.

[quote name='Mr.Bojangles']Top right corner. The three "A"s;)[/quote]
Hmm.. I saw those and they didn't do anything when I clicked on them (using FF 3.0) so I was hoping there was another way. I'll try again when I'm home from work to see if it works properly in IE

I like it. :)

Few issues though:
1) We need a way to deal with shitty tags ("Longcat is long," anonymous? You suck.) Nevermind.
2) Can we turn the bookmark bar off? I don't use any of those services, so I don't need it.
3) Can we get the bar that says where in you forums you are (Forums > CAG Lifestyle > Feedback...etc) moved below the User CP bar, or even below the forum description
4) Could we get another one of those location bars at the bottom of the forum? It's tedious to have to scroll all the way to the top to get out of a thread when you're using 50+ posts per page.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to filter out some forums. I dont CARE if there is a recent post in the Ps3 forum, since i dont have a ps3. Is that possible?

I have a question. Will visiting the homepage reset my forum session? I'm not sure I know the right way to say this, but:

Usually I read the forums at, say, 8am. Then when I get home, I read again at 8pm. It's very helpful that the forum marks all the new topics since 8am with an arrow, so I can go straight to what was new since I last visited.

Now, since the homepage seems to be more integrated with the forum, visiting the homepage might count as a "visit." If I check just the front page from work at 1pm, I'm afraid that at 8pm, it will only show me new forum topics since 1pm, not since 8am. Make sense?

[quote name='mkda']Looks good. Could you make the width wider for us big res users?[/quote]
User Panel > Edit Options > Display Forums at 100% Width (scroll all the way to the bottom)

For those of you who "hate" the new site, why?! It may not be a whole different but it is easier to navigate! Especially for me I am horrible at forums! Anyways it is still just the "Soft Launch" wait a while before you start flaming at CAG :hot:.

CAG IS AWESOME.

The only thing I dont like (maybe theres a fix?) is how they dont list as many new forum posts on the main page. I used to just come and look at the newest posts in each forum section, now all I get is a few latest posts and a few popular threads.

Other then that its not that bad.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']I am happy now that I figured out how to widescreen it. :p[/quote]

How do you do that?
Also what happened to the cml button?

also, shortcuts to groups, friends and what not would be nice. Kinda sucks having to click on the control panel and then click on what your looking for

It's kind of weird. I have all of this extra space to the right. Also, the text is HUGE. Although it could just be the neon green making it look big. I guess I'll just have to get used to it....

So far i think the biggest thing aesthetically that looks really cluttered would be the Forum and then Thread titles being underlined. Just looks kinda ghetto. Especially the Thread titles.

forumskb8.jpg

threadsxb4.jpg

But the site is running very fast. That in itself is gorgeous.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']It's kind of weird. I have all of this extra space to the right. Also, the text is HUGE. Although it could just be the neon green making it look big. I guess I'll just have to get used to it....[/QUOTE]

read the thread, plenty of people have already mentioned how to fix both of those problems

bread's done
Back