What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

[quote name='daikaiju']Also, great choice with the Posies. One of my favorite bands, it's good to see them in action again. I plan on going to check em out in Cleveland on the 6th for the first time in years! The new disc is just 50/50 imo, but when it hits, it hits. If you're into power pop and stuff like that, check out the new Oranger record - New Comes and Goes. Not only are they opening for the Posies, they feature an ex-posies drummer, and totally rock out. Snappy crunchy guitars....kinda Superdraggish at times. Rather rocking if I say so myself![/QUOTE]

Yeah, there are a couple of Posies releases that I still need to pick up, but everything I have of theirs is quality stuff. I couldn't believe they were still around.

I'll check out Oranger too! Thanks!

[quote name='iheartmetal']i picked up

dragonforce - sonic firestorm!!!
[/QUOTE]

Dude, DragonForce is awesome. They play some crazy ass stuff.

As for the last CD i picked up, that would be Shadows Fall- The War Within.

Today I bought Muse - Origins of Symmetry. The cd has been out for a while but only available as an import and I wasn't going to pay the $20+ for it. It came out yesterday and I was able to pick it up at CC during my lunch break.

[quote name='tcrash247']I agree, it was too mellow and Jamaican or something. I listened to it once.

NIN - Downward Spiral Dual Disc[/QUOTE]

I havent liked a complete 311 album since the self titled one... most albums since seem to have a few songs I like only... there is a lazy vibe I get from their music

as for CD's I also picked up that NIN dual disc, and Fitty's Massacre SE with DVD

...really have become disillusioned with alot of the music today and rarely buy anything new... especially after I shelled out 10 bucks for the Beastie Boy's last album... what crap

[quote name='tearofangst']Opeth - Ghost Reveries[/QUOTE]

Wow, what a coincidence, first time I look into this thread, and I see something totally relevant for me now! How is it? I really loved damnation, but since it was the first Opeth album I heard, I was shocked to hear what they "really" play...They're playing in San Francisco next month, so I still may go see them, but I dunno how much I could get into it. I assume Ghost Reveries is NOT like damnation (I heard that was a one off type thing for them)? I'd appreciate your thoughts!

Anyway, for me the last CD I bought was

B'z-The Circle

[quote name='humidore']Wow, what a coincidence, first time I look into this thread, and I see something totally relevant for me now! How is it? I really loved damnation, but since it was the first Opeth album I heard, I was shocked to hear what they "really" play...They're playing in San Francisco next month, so I still may go see them, but I dunno how much I could get into it. I assume Ghost Reveries is NOT like damnation (I heard that was a one off type thing for them)? I'd appreciate your thoughts!

Anyway, for me the last CD I bought was

B'z-The Circle[/QUOTE]

im a huge Opeth fan so im gonna say i love it, Damnation is the only mellow album they have. Everything else is a mix between Heavy Death metalcore to stuff on damnation, It's like a mix of both done VERY WELL, and the songs are usually longer than 6 minutes. I say give it a shot, but if you don't like heavy death metal vocals, i would stay away. At first i hated it but it grew on me, now i love them :)

[quote name='oleander']institute - distort yourself[/QUOTE]

do you like that cd?

its catchy but gavin rosdales lyrics are laughable.

for example...

"deep fried in the heat of your love..
We're so stupid, oh so stupid
way me down in the heat of your love
way me down in the heat of your love"

"when animals attack you'll need fire"

[quote name='tearofangst']im a huge Opeth fan so im gonna say i love it, Damnation is the only mellow album they have. Everything else is a mix between Heavy Death metalcore to stuff on damnation, It's like a mix of both done VERY WELL, and the songs are usually longer than 6 minutes. I say give it a shot, but if you don't like heavy death metal vocals, i would stay away. At first i hated it but it grew on me, now i love them :)[/QUOTE]

Argh, man that's tough for me then. Some songs (like on My Arms, Your Hearse) are mixes in and of themselves of death metal growling, to acoustic serenity, so it's really crazy...After 2 albums after damnation ("My Arms..." and "Still Life"), I still haven't been able to get into the growl (music is awesome though). Thanks for the info though!

[quote name='nickmad']do you like that cd?

its catchy but gavin rosdales lyrics are laughable.

for example...

"deep fried in the heat of your love..
way me down in the heat of your love
way me down in the heat of your love"

"when animals attack you'll need fire"[/QUOTE]
I love the music (more than Bush, and I like Bush a lot), but yeah, Rossdale's lyrics...
I tend to ignore lyrics for the most part, so it doesn't bother me.

the other day i bought the new iron & wine/calexico collaboration: "in the reins"

h00279v6fj8.jpg

I think I'm done with CDs for a while - I probably won't buy one until thew next Pearl Jam CD comes out. There's too many people I know who are willing to burn/download/copy them for me.

[quote name='thatstoobad']the other day i bought the new iron & wine/calexico collaboration: "in the reins"

h00279v6fj8.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Yup, I just got that too - it's pretty darn good! I also picked up the new Stellastarr and Sigur Ros records.

[quote name='organicow']Yup, I just got that too - it's pretty darn good! I also picked up the new Stellastarr and Sigur Ros records.[/QUOTE]

i think im falling out of love with Sigur Ros.....I think the raging animal inside me cant take sllllloooowwwwwwwww music anymore.:D

Eyehategod - Preaching the "End-Time" Message
Danzig - Circle of Snakes
Street Dogs - ???
Horrorpops - Bring It On!

I've listened to Circle of Snakes; don't fool yourself, any self-respecting Danzig fan owns and worships 1-4 alone, and disavows any knowledge of 5 and 6. 7 was a decent album, and 8 is the best album since 4. However, it's a damned shame that Danzig sounds like they do. It's pretty evident that Danzig can't work with any musicians given the constant rotation of the lineup since 4; it's also evident that, while Rick Rubin is the man that made Glenn Danzig sound as good as he is (not to mention Johnny Cash!) Danzig is a shitty producer himself, although improving. It's good, but it's not amazing.

Eyehategod is slooooow drop-d sludge. What more do you expect?

Haven't listened to the others yet?

Since my last post in the thread:

-I got Slayer - Reign In Blood as a birthday gift on Sept. 24th.
-I got Course Of Nature - Superkala and The Hunger - Devil Thumbs A Ride from the 49-cent shelf at Wherehouse on Sunday.
-I got Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance at a pawn shop on Sunday as well.

Anberlin - Blueprints For The Black Market
Anberlin - Never Take Friendship Personal
The Killers - Hot Fuss [Special Edition]

[quote name='evilmregg']Bought the new Franz Ferdinand on Tuesday. It's pretty good stuff, I must say.[/QUOTE]

Weeha, me too. I also bought Rilo Kiley's More Adventurous since it was on sale for $10.

The Explosion - Back Tape (disappointing so far)
AC/DC - Highway to Hell
The Temptations - Meet the Temptations
Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have it So Much Better
Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine
My Morning Jacket - Z
Kristin Hersh - The Grotto
Joan of Arc - Dick Cheney, Mark Twain...
Liz Phair - Somebody's Miracle
AC/DC - Let There Be Rock

Holy fuck I got Dane Cook Retaliation a few days ago. The standup is awesome plus it comes with a free DVD. I am officially all over Dane Cook's jock.

[quote name='whiteboy']Holy fuck I got Dane Cook Retaliation a few days ago. The standup is awesome plus it comes with a free DVD. I am officially all over Dane Cook's jock.[/QUOTE]

And only 3 months late. :lol:

Coheed and Cambria- Good Apollo, I'm burning Star IV: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness.

But tomorrow, I'm getting the new Ashlee Simpson.

[quote name='Matt Young']Coheed and Cambria- Good Apollo, I'm burning Star IV: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness.

But tomorrow, I'm getting the new Ashlee Simpson.[/QUOTE]

You are dead to me. You hear that? DEAD! :bomb: ;) :lol:

But seriously man she's a talentless troll. Unless it's for someone else, which you'd better start claiming whether or not it's true. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']You are dead to me. You hear that? DEAD! :bomb: ;) :lol:

But seriously man she's a talentless troll. Unless it's for someone else, which you'd better start claiming whether or not it's true. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hey! Her MTV show was entertaining at least. I wouldn't buy her CD, but her show was funny.

bread's done
Back