What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

just grabbed

Alkaline Trio - My Shame Is True (took a few listens but im starting to enjoy it)
Kate Nash - Girl Talk (i like kate and this her being punk which i also like, i get vibes from the Pixies on a few tracks)

From Record Store Day:

Bolt Thrower - In Battle There Is No Law LP
Ilsa/Seven Sisters Of Sleep - The IVth Crusade/Messiah Split 7"
Corn On Macabre - Discography LP

And then some used pickups:

Deceased - Surreal Overdose LP
Wormwood - Requiescat LP
xFilesx - Excruciation

Down- Nola
Grateful Dead- Go To Heaven
Easy Star All Stars- Dub Side of The Moon
Katatonia- Dead End Kings (Signed Copy from seeing them live with Opeth)

Ghost BC - Infestissumam 2XLP
Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Mind Control 2XLP
Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Blood Lust LP

The packaging on Mind Control reminds me why I purchase albums instead of just download them. Absolutely magnificent. I hope the Metal Blade release is as good.

Ghost is okay. I'm not totally sold on it yet, but I don't hate it either.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Down- Nola[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tcrash247']One of my favorite albums.[/QUOTE]

Out of their entire catalog, my favorite is Down II, but only by a hair over Nola.

If you haven't yet, you should also check out their double live album Diary of a Mad Band.

How is the production on the live album? I didn't really like the production on Over the Under and have not listened to the new ep.

The live album is good, but Phil sounds like total shit on some of the tracks, namely Jail, oofa. I like II a lot as well, but Nola is just way better to me. Plus, Bury Me In Smoke might be my favorite song of all time and that song live is the greatest thing ever, watching them jam that final part for 10 minutes.

I really dig the new EP too, Witchtripper is one of the best songs they've written.

[quote name='mykevermin']Ghost BC - Infestissumam 2XLP
Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Mind Control 2XLP
Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Blood Lust LP

The packaging on Mind Control reminds me why I purchase albums instead of just download them. Absolutely magnificent. I hope the Metal Blade release is as good.

Ghost is okay. I'm not totally sold on it yet, but I don't hate it either.[/QUOTE]

Where'd you grab Mind Control from? I haven't heard it yet but I may as well pick it up since Blood Lust was so fucking good.

[quote name='mykevermin']I had a buddy pick up and ship them.

http://www.20buckspinshop.com/products/uncle-acid-the-deadbeats-mind-control-2xlp

That's a (mailorder only?) out of Olympia, perhaps they have a storefront you can purchase from?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know they're a label/mailorder only (Olympia's pretty far as well) but it made me think of a few local shops that might carry it. I'll have to make the trip this weekend maybe to check out my shops, else I'll just order it online.

As for some recent pickups:

Black Queen - The Anthropocalypse
The Body - The Body
The Body - Master, We Perish
The Body - 5 Song CDR
The Body - All The Waters Of Earth Turned To Blood
Darsombra - Ecdysis

Kadavar- Abra Kadavar
Gov't Mule- Mighty High
Porcupine Tree- Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape

I had to import the fucking Porcupine Tree from the UK so god only knows if and when it will get here. $22 for the CD though but seeing Steven Wilson is my favorite artist, I had to.

[quote name='patcrazystar64']I just placed my order for Daft Punk's new album from Best Buy! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

$7.99 with coupon at BB for anyone looking for a deal.

Great album, very different.

Yup, online coupon code is "DAFTPUNKSAVE2BBY". There should be a physical coupon you could bring in store but Best Buy usually releases album coupons the day of release on their Facebook page.

[quote name='patcrazystar64']Yup, online coupon code is "DAFTPUNKSAVE2BBY". There should be a physical coupon you could bring in store but Best Buy usually releases album coupons the day of release on their Facebook page.[/QUOTE]

I don't see the CD on Best Buy's website, just the vinyl. Does that mean pre-orders sold out?

Some good pickups this weekend:

My Bloody Valentine - You Made Me Realize
My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything
Slowdive - Soulvaki
Boards Of Canada - Geogaddi
Isis - Celestial

All for $2 each used. Then at some shows I grabbed:

Earth - Hibernaculum w/ DVD
Boris performing Flood (limited tour album)
Immolation - Providence EP

I just picked up a few Ry Cooder's on the cheap and also why did no one tell me there's a new R.A. Rugged Man out?!? Just saw it on Amazon and ordered it but its backordered 2 weeks.

[quote name='meta460085']I just picked up a few Ry Cooder's on the cheap and also why did no one tell me there's a new R.A. Rugged Man out?!? Just saw it on Amazon and ordered it but its backordered 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Rugged rugged rugged rugged

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Some good pickups this weekend:

My Bloody Valentine - You Made Me Realize
My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything
Slowdive - Soulvaki
Boards Of Canada - Geogaddi
Isis - Celestial

All for $2 each used. Then at some shows I grabbed:

Earth - Hibernaculum w/ DVD
Boris performing Flood (limited tour album)
Immolation - Providence EP[/QUOTE]

Nice pickup on Boards of Canada, I didn't think you were an electronic guy. If you don't already have it, I HIGHLY recommend Music Has The Right To Children.

Also, Celestial is my second favorite Isis album behind Oceanic.

[quote name='tcrash247']Nice pickup on Boards of Canada, I didn't think you were an electronic guy. If you don't already have it, I HIGHLY recommend Music Has The Right To Children.

Also, Celestial is my second favorite Isis album behind Oceanic.[/QUOTE]

I'm an everything sort of guy. I'll keep an eye out for that album in the future, don't think I've heard it. As for Isis, I'm not actually a big fan of theirs at all (I actually walked out of one of their shows years ago) but I figured I couldn't go wrong for $2. Actually just saw Aaron Turner this past weekend in House Of Low Culture.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I'm an everything sort of guy. I'll keep an eye out for that album in the future, don't think I've heard it. As for Isis, I'm not actually a big fan of theirs at all (I actually walked out of one of their shows years ago) but I figured I couldn't go wrong for $2. Actually just saw Aaron Turner this past weekend in House Of Low Culture.[/QUOTE]

Aw, that sucks to hear. I saw them on their 10th anniversary tour and they played at least one track from each of their albums and it was great. Then they broke up. I think you'll like Celestial, they got very prog towards the end but this album was their first full length, it's metalish.

I haven't listened to House of Low Culture, but I like Old Man Gloom.

I've been listening to Daft Punk - Random Access Memories since Tuesday and I know alot of people have it in a love it or hate it camp, but I love it. Touch is easily one of the prettiest songs I've heard in awhile. Otherwise my pick ups include...

Baroness - Red
Combichrist - No Redemption
The Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us is the Killer (but no Best Buy has the goddamn exclusive version)
Freezepop - Future Future Future Perfect

[quote name='DestroVega']Daft Punk, also put me in the Love It column.[/QUOTE]

I was gonna pick up the CD but then got email from HDTracks and they have the album in high res 88.2khz/24bit just gotta search for a better coupon code than what they sent me of 10%. Last time I found a 30% off code hopefully lighting strikes twice.

Mumford and Sons-Sigh No More

Loving Babel, so went ahead and picked this one up too.

Really glad I finally kicked the CD buying habit and just go with Amazon MP3 store now. I never listen to CDs anymore as they're all ripped--going to just box them up and stick them in a closet when I move (don't have closet space for them in my current place). Love the instant gratification with MP3 purchases.

Recent Pickups
Akasha-Cinematique
Daft Punk- Random Access Memories (I dislike it, because it sounds like Disco at times, and well I think Disco sucks).

Preorders coming tomorrow.
Sound of Contact- Dimensionaut
Leprous- Coal
Tesseract- Altered State

Preordered the new NIN album Hesitation Marks.  I know this is the last cd you bought thread, but I'm fucking pumped for this so I wanted to mention it.

Also, just downloaded my preorder of Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kanye West- Good Music Cruel Summer

I got this CD from potentially my future step mom. I hated the idea of even meeting up with my dad who is acting like scum during this divorce process. I feel like he's trying to get on my good side but it appears he is oblivious to the damage he has caused our family. It will take years till I can reconcile a relationship with him. And I don't trust this women either cause she has a shady background in stepping over people to get what she wants. Oh and she gave me the CD cause she listened to it and didn't get it. That's fair and all as I have yet to listen to these tracks but it's a little weird to give someone an open gift. Not that I'm complaining as I'm eager to give it a listen but ehhh. And then I got some gifts from my dad when these two went on a trip to Nepal. Gee thanks now how about you give my mom her fair share (she won't get nearly as much as she deserves cause this country is silly) and support your other minor child. I'll be fine even if I get nothing but damn how can you act so kind to my face and yet say such hurtful things to the rest of my family? End of rant.

Preordered the new NIN album Hesitation Marks. I know this is the last cd you bought thread, but I'm fucking pumped for this so I wanted to mention it.

I preordered the Deluxe CD for NIN, their single from the new album sounds fantastic.

Grateful Dead- Built To Last

I've been on a used CD buying spree, but the last five have been:

Descendents - Everything Sucks

Soundgarden - Louder Than Love

Stone Temple Pilots - Core

The Melvins - Houdini

Alice in Chains - Dirt

Preordered the new NIN album Hesitation Marks. I know this is the last cd you bought thread, but I'm fucking pumped for this so I wanted to mention it.

I preordered the Deluxe CD for NIN, their single from the new album sounds fantastic.
Just from the single I feel more excited for this one then I did The Slip, plus if the tour is a continuation of Lights in the Sky then I can only just be excited for what's to come.

Just from the single I feel more excited for this one then I did The Slip, plus if the tour is a continuation of Lights in the Sky then I can only just be excited for what's to come.
Agreed. I definitely hear The Slip style on this track, but it's mixed with a lot of programming. Really looking forward to the full album.

I'm kind of mad that they're not hitting Philly on this tour (they are playing some festival thing in Philly before this tour so I guess that's why, but fuck festivals). Hopefully he does a second leg. He said this was sort of an extension of LITS, so expect the stage setup to be just as amazing.

Jimmy Eat World-Damage.

Looking foward to the new NIN album.  Won't be able to catch the tour though, most likely, as I'm out of the country for work during the local stop.

Black Sabbath - 13

Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor

The Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us Is the Killer

Sublime - 3 Ring Circus, Live At The Palace
High on Fire - Spitting Fire Live Vol. 1 and 2

bread's done
Back