What was the last concert/show you went to?

New Gods

The Helm

Earth Control

ACxDC

Theories

Fucking ripped, and I'm glad I finally had an opportunity to see ACxDC.  Kind of weird going to work after a hardcore show in the middle of the night, but hell, why not.

I went to the Warped Tour with my niece on 7/16. We went halves on the $45 ticket since I got for the Parent's free pass. The show was amazing.

I finally saw The Used for the first time. I was probably twice as old as most of the kids in the pit (I'm 39) and I was jumping around and screaming the lyrics with them.

Also saw Beebs and her Money Makers, MC Lars, August Burns Red, Never Shout Never, Sleeping with Sirens, Black Veil Brides, We Came As Romans (while we were waiting for The Used to play), and Reel Big Fish.

I can't wait to see who's in next year's line-up.

Two this week:

Thursday:

lb.

Bali Girls

Grayceon

(Lesbian also headlined, but I skipped out on them)

Friday:

Curse Of The North

Blood Of Kings

Krystos

Slough Feg

Not a bad two days.

Black Sabbath at PNC Bank Arts Center in NJ.

Andrew WK opened as the DJ and it was pretty awful. One hour of him basically playing 70's rock/80's metal. I would of rather just had Sabbath without him actually.

Sabbath killed it. They played for over 2 hours and for over 40 years old now, they can still tear the house down. Iommi was just as good as ever, Geezer was great, Ozzy still sounds awesome. The new drummer is good.

Only complaints for the show was the PNC Center needed to setup their damn stage stuff like screens before the opening act, and there was one jackass screaming about how he wants Bill to be drumming again the whole show (which I wanted to smack for being an obnoxious idiot).

Lawn seats were $25 I think which is reasonable.

recently did  VIP at Hard Summer. My first music festival, pretty fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td3dgsFq-Sw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMh7bgKkXkY

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw IAMX at the end end of April at the Bowery Ballroom. I loved the show. Was really excited to see him perform.

Funny thing is that I had no idea he has such a goth following. I definitely don't consider him to be goth. I would consider him to be electronic.

Black Sabbath at PNC Bank Arts Center in NJ.

Andrew WK opened as the DJ and it was pretty awful. One hour of him basically playing 70's rock/80's metal. I would of rather just had Sabbath without him actually.

Sabbath killed it. They played for over 2 hours and for over 40 years old now, they can still tear the house down. Iommi was just as good as ever, Geezer was great, Ozzy still sounds awesome. The new drummer is good.

Only complaints for the show was the PNC Center needed to setup their damn stage stuff like screens before the opening act, and there was one jackass screaming about how he wants Bill to be drumming again the whole show (which I wanted to smack for being an obnoxious idiot).

Lawn seats were $25 I think which is reasonable.
I'm at the Black Sabbath show in Philly right now and this Andrew WK set is beyond pointless. This is the biggest waste of 30 minutes ever. I should have come late to miss this idiot.

Good to know. Now I don't care if I get there late on Friday (Tinley Park, IL). Gee, I wonder if they'll play "Paranoid" or "War Pigs"? Just kidding. They will, and I'll like it. I wish Billy Ward was playing, but it isn't like the BS lineup has been rock solid for the last 35 years or so, anyway.

Black Sabbath was great, it's pretty amazing that they can still go out there and put on a kickass show.  Here's a video I took of Under The Sun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yablf50g3A

is it there are not that many  groups around anymore  or did the prices get to high to tour.  I remember back in the 80s and 90s  we had a Major concert here   ever month (sometimes every 3 weeks)   I can not even recall the last concert this town had .  i know its been  2 or 3 years since an okay band came though and at least 10  since  a major one

I'm at the Black Sabbath show in Philly right now and this Andrew WK set is beyond pointless. This is the biggest waste of 30 minutes ever. I should have come late to miss this idiot.
What they should of done is gotten an act like Sleep or one of the Stoner Metal bands that sounds like Sabbath instead of Andrew WK. He was one of the biggest wastes of time ever.

What they should of done is gotten an act like Sleep or one of the Stoner Metal bands that sounds like Sabbath instead of Andrew WK. He was one of the biggest wastes of time ever.
I would have died if they got Sleep. But I agree, Europe got Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats which is pretty awesome.

I have seen a few shows lately that are not my usual fare.

However, both were fucking awesome!

I had first heard of The Heavy through Pandora. It was the beginning of 2012 and I pretty blown away by the music. After that I found out their song  'How You Like Me Now?' that has been used in commercials, tv shows, & movie trailers. Later discovered the music had been in video games like Borderlands 2. Finally, I was able to finally see them live. It did not disappoint.

Mon 17 Jun – The Heavy, The Silent Comedy

The A&R Music Bar is a small intimate venue that probably holds between 300-400
people. It was a Monday night and The Heavy blew the roof off the place like the BIG BAD WOLVES THEY ARE!!!!

The Heavy played a phenomenal set!! Kelvin had complete command of audience! There was a ton of crowd participation and many present knew several of the songs not just the hits. 

He also said we kicked Chicago's ass from the night before. That was a nice touch. :)

All of the hits were present including some more obscure songs from their catalog. Below are the ones I recall and a few guesses. 

Can't Play Dead
Short Change Hero
Big Bad Wolf
What Makes a Good Man
How You Like Me Now?
Curse Me Good 
Girl
Same Ol'
Sixteen
In the Morning
No Time
Cause For Alarm
What You Want Me To Do? 
Be Mine (?)
Just My Luck (?)
That Kind of Man (?)
Coleen (?)

Jordan Cook aka Reignwolf  Saturday July 27th

Mind = Blown. I saw him at The A&R Music Bar the weekend before Lolla. Such an amazing talent and the easily one of the best guitar players I have seen live. At times it seems like he was channeling the Delta Blues he is so good!!! Amazing how one of the best blues guitar players I have ever seen is from Saskatoon Canda?!?

I nearly lost it when he got behind the drum kit and was playing the drums and guitar AT THE SAME TIME!!! The set was awesome and he ended it sitting on the side of the stage surrounded by the crowd. This kid has toiled for years and I think his luck is about to pay off in a big way!! 

I met him briefly and he was very cool. He even commented that he loved my Clutch shirt. I wish him the best of luck and it would be a tragedy if more people can't get to experience his music.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJo5ieZeXcg[/youtube]

I also just saw Sabbath today. It was at the La Sports Arena. I came late and missed everything before Behind the Walls of Sleep. Thank god I didn't miss that. I really wanted to see that live. It's a shame I missed War Pigs. I really wanted to hear that live and it still is one of my favorite songs by them... I really didn't like how they close with paranoid I know it's song everyone wanted to see but I could of thought of a better song to end with.

Long time since I last posted here.

Was at the Berlin Festival last weekend. Good festival experience. The organization was well done as well as providing busses for the electronic portion of the show which was after midnight in a different area.

Just gonna list some artists that I watched: White Lies, Ellie Goulding (dislike), Pet Shop Boys, Blur, Boys Noize, Miss Kitten, In Tropical, Man Without Country, My Bloody Valentine, Bjork, Pantha Du Prince, Justice.

Highly impressed by Blur as I'm not much of a Britpop guy. Justice made me really dance so big props, Bjork was amazing, My Bloody Valentine was their pretentious self (in a good way. Feel bad for those that came to watch out of curiosity. They were playing for the die hards really.)

Also saw Michael Stipe just roaming around. That guy is a musical hero to me. There I was just standing with a hot dog and I see him texting on his phone haha.

Highly impressed by Blur as I'm not much of a Britpop guy. Justice made me really dance so big props, Bjork was amazing, My Bloody Valentine was their pretentious self (in a good way. Feel bad for those that came to watch out of curiosity. They were playing for the die hards really.)
I hope Boys Noize made you dance too! I've seen them both in Philly, both really awesome super fun shows.

I'd like to catch Bjork sometime but I don't know if she does full tours anymore, seems like just festivals.

I hope Boys Noize made you dance too! I've seen them both in Philly, both really awesome super fun shows.

I'd like to catch Bjork sometime but I don't know if she does full tours anymore, seems like just festivals.
Boys Noize had me moving too but Justice was simply one level higher. Bjork is taking a break at the moment. This gig was her last for the tour she was doing. Maybe it's time she will start work on a follow up album.

Boys Noize had me moving too but Justice was simply one level higher. Bjork is taking a break at the moment. This gig was her last for the tour she was doing. Maybe it's time she will start work on a follow up album.
That sucks, the Biophilia tour looked really cool, I would have liked to see it.

Just got back from seeing Iron Maiden for the first time. I also saw Anthrax and Megadeth yet again. Anthrax played a short list compared to the other times I've seen them and they also played covers and did a DIO tribute. Megadeth was better this time, they played their most known songs and only one new song so I'm ok with that.

As for Maiden, holy crap were they fantastic. I've missed them 4-5 times they played around LA and I'm glad I didn't miss this one. It was almost a perfect setlist if they would of replaced afraid to shoot strangers with hallowed be thy name

Went up to Reverb last night in Reading, PA and caught the following bands (in order of the setlist):

Mindmaze, Beneath The King, Halycon Way, Fozzy, and Saxon.

Mindmaze was the opening act being the first of the two local bands to play and they were amazing. Female fronted power metal hailing from Allentown PA. I'd love to see these guys make it, but my brother in law thinks some bigger band may see her talents and get her to sign with them leaving Mindmaze. I'm a bit more optimistic, if only because her brother is also in the band as the guitarist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVGT-Z6DPxM

Beneath The King - Didn't care for these guys at all. The other local band (forget where). They weren't bad, but I don't care for the vocal style of screaming into the mic.

Halycon Way - They were decent, and they showed promise, but I feel the sound system didn't do them justice.

Fozzy - My first thought is that they're heavily overrated. They put on a good show, but the band itself sounds a bit generic and definitely benefits from Chris Jericho's success as a wrestler. I did find it retarded about them how people were paying (iirc) $70 for a VIP pass to see them before the show and it didn't even include an actual ticket (which was running around $20).

Saxon - Holy shit these guys are awesome. For being in their 60s, these guys look and sound great for their age. Played some stuff off of their newest album Sacrifice (Loved Night of the Wolves), some lesser known songs, and the classics everyone loved. The ending was great as well. They came back for an encore to play Strong Arm Of The Law and possibly my favorite track, Princess Of The Night. At the end, Nigel even threw his drumsticks into the crowd and my brother-in-law managed to snag one of them.

Saw Placebo tonight. Finally. They've been on my list for a long time and I was never at the right place at the right time.

As you can imagine they played a lot of material from the new album which to be blunt isn't very good. Still I enjoyed half of those. I've always liked their Meds era and the bonus songs from that time and they played like 6 songs from that record (I freaking love Blind). Other notable tunes are my favorites The Bitter End and Twenty Years (love the live rendition), Every You Every Me, Special K, Teenage Angst. The band has been at this for a long time so they are super tight but what is lacking is that youthful arrogance that sadly is no longer part of their presence. I guess being clean for the most part and aging will do that haha. Glad to have seen the group.

Crystal Castles and Depeche Mode. Really great show. Depeche Mode absolutely killed it. Dave Gahan is the man.
Sweet. I'm always down for Crystal Castles and would love to see Depeche Mode. Did CC really fit with the crowd? I imagine they don't translate well with what I assume will be a bit of an older audience at a DM show. As long as Alice is in the crowd doing her thing it's still an experience though.

Well, the crowd itself was pretty polarized. There were some older people, MILFs mostly, but then there were a ton of young kids there. But they put on a pretty nice opening act. 

Last concert was Umphrey's Mcgee. Umphrey's was awesome, but this was one of the worst crowds I ever been to. I could literally hear the crowd talking while the show was going on. Like that sound you hear when you have everyone talking at once in a room. Yeah, and it was most of the show.

I saw the Fratellis last Wednesday. It was a pretty good show, but it was mostly just an imitation of studio stuff. No variety or improvisation. Didn't really feel live. Then again, ever since I've been listening to a lot of Zappa, most live bands just don't do it for me any more.

Nine Inch Nails. It was good, no where as good as Lights in the Sky, but still a good show with some surprisingly good song choices (Even Deeper?! Holy shit!), but there were alot of baseball cap wearing douche bags there as well for some reason.

Nine Inch Nails. It was good, no where as good as Lights in the Sky, but still a good show with some surprisingly good song choices (Even Deeper?! Holy shit!), but there were alot of baseball cap wearing douche bags there as well for some reason.
What show did you go to? I watched a full recording of one of the shows, and while it was cool, LITS blew it away. I would have liked to hear some of the different songs he's playing though like Even Deeper, All the Love in the World and Into the Void. I'm not a fan of the backup singers, if he does a 2nd leg (come to Philly!) I hope he leaves them at home.

What show did you go to? I watched a full recording of one of the shows, and while it was cool, LITS blew it away. I would have liked to hear some of the different songs he's playing though like Even Deeper, All the Love in the World and Into the Void. I'm not a fan of the backup singers, if he does a 2nd leg (come to Philly!) I hope he leaves them at home.
The Denver show. The background singers had there moments here and there, but I thought it was a nice change just like how saxophone was incorporated. Though yeah nothing topped LitS with Echoplex and Only and such, eitherway I'm glad he's doing song's I haven't heard in a long time. But no "In Two", I was disappointed in that.

Speaking of stuff they didn't play, no "Closer". This is probably first time I can think of where they didn't play it at a show.

The Denver show. The background singers had there moments here and there, but I thought it was a nice change just like how saxophone was incorporated. Though yeah nothing topped LitS with Echoplex and Only and such, eitherway I'm glad he's doing song's I haven't heard in a long time. But no "In Two", I was disappointed in that.

Speaking of stuff they didn't play, no "Closer". This is probably first time I can think of where they didn't play it at a show.
Is this the show you saw? http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2013/1st-bank-center-broomfield-co-13c48959.html It says In Two was played but the comments make these people sound like idiots, so I believe you over them. In Two is my favorite song off the new album.

He didn't play Closer at my NIN|JA show which I was ok with. I'd prefer him to leave that, The Hand That Feeds and Hurt off his setlists, I've heard them enough. I think he should close all shows with In This Twilight, I LOVED that as a closer for the LITS tour. I'm also not a fan of the reworked version of Sanctified. It sounds ok, but the bassline really bothers me that he changed it as much as he did.

Is this the show you saw? http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2013/1st-bank-center-broomfield-co-13c48959.html It says In Two was played but the comments make these people sound like idiots, so I believe you over them. In Two is my favorite song off the new album.

He didn't play Closer at my NIN|JA show which I was ok with. I'd prefer him to leave that, The Hand That Feeds and Hurt off his setlists, I've heard them enough. I think he should close all shows with In This Twilight, I LOVED that as a closer for the LITS tour. I'm also not a fan of the reworked version of Sanctified. It sounds ok, but the bassline really bothers me that he changed it as much as he did.
One guy tried picking a fight with my friend because he got in his way in the middle of the pit with general standing where ever and that guy couldn't stop talking through out the show until after awhile he left. I Think I might have missed In Two because of that douche bag, yeah, I'm afraid to read the comments knowing how my state is represented.

And yeah something weird about Sanctified without the synth noise during the chorus. Like I kept waiting for it, but it never showed. In This Twilight does rank as one of my favorite closers of any band ever during LitS. Holy shit, just the background visuals with the city and all the explosions was one of the greatest things my eyes and ears have ever seen. As for Hurt, I kinda feel it's kinda needed in a way...Hand That Feeds, yeah I can do without that song after it was used in nearly every movie trailer.

Slayer and Gojira last weekend.  Great show, Slayer killed it with their only Seasons in the Abyss and prior setlist.  Gojira was pretty good too.

Saw Ulver just an hour ago. Went in kind of blind as I've heard samples from them throughout the last 5 years but wasn't really sure what to expect. It's basically similar to Godspeed You Black Emperor. Cinematic music I suppose which kind of makes sense with them using 2001 A Space Odyssey as the background as well as other old/unkown/unkown to my uneducated brain films. Pretty good show. Someobody in the audience seemed to be having a religious experience. I'm happy for that guy.

Imagine Dragons, with Nico Vega and The Naked and Famous as openers.

Very good show, ID is very polished live for only being around 5 years.  Crazy that a year ago they played a little club here and now filled the basketball arena.  Had nosebleed seats, and way too many kids there, but otherwise a good time.

I might go see Clutch this summer, not sure yet just got the notification they're in the area then. I have put off seeing them for years as well as had bad timing when they were here so I don't know yet. I haven't been to a show since RHCP a few years ago so I've been itching to go to one.

I might go see Clutch this summer, not sure yet just got the notification they're in the area then. I have put off seeing them for years as well as had bad timing when they were here so I don't know yet. I haven't been to a show since RHCP a few years ago so I've been itching to go to one.
GO see CLUTCH you will not regret it!!!!! I've seen them 14 times and they have never put on a bad show. Also, they play a different set list every night so no two shows are ever exactly the same.

Phantogram and CHVRCHES played a free outdoor show in Philly yesterday.  I like both bands and they put on a good show, but goddamn were the people that went fucking annoying shithead hipsters.  They were hula hooping in the middle of the crowd.  HULA HOOPING I SAY.  It was free so I can't complain much, but I would much rather have payed to see them inside at a regular venue.

bread's done
Back