White Knight Chronicles - Level 5's Groundhog Day Present - February 2, 2010 in NA

I hope that they won't add voice chat for the American release. I would hate it if they did and it probably would be enough for me to avoid the online portion of this game. At the same time, I worry that the game might not do well in the US without it. Most American gamers are too much in love with themselves to consider that this game is better off without voice chat.

Edited to add:
I guess the above sounds too much like bait, so I'll elaborate. Voice chat sucks for this game for the following reasons:
1. People would be talking too much and about irrelevant things, distracting from the game. I don't feel like having to mute people. In other words, it will be harder for any one person to ruin the enjoyment of other people.
2. Level 5 can more easily monitor foul language and rude behavior with textual messages.
3. Many PS3 owners have not properly configured their PS3 for voice chat, resulting their voice sounding like garbled noise.

Voice chat would be better (more convenient) than texting if people acted intelligently behind their monitors, but my experiences tell me otherwise. A lot of gamers are immature jerks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you'd be ok playing/talking with the crowd that would buy a JRPG.

And you can always mute people from the start or turn off voice chat altogether. I rather have the option.

[quote name='mykevermin']PS3 haz one game.[/quote]

Fixed. :)

Actually, I'm definitely buying this, because well, PS3 has very few JRPGs.

I can't believe I just said that.

I don't mind the online being meh, but if Sony can clean it up for the Western market (highly doubt), I'll give them a big platonic man-kiss.

[quote name='bjstucker']I still am on the fence about this. I despised Infinite Undiscovery but enjoyed Dark Cloud 1 & 2 so I don't know.[/quote]

Am I missing something, or are you suggesting that Level 5 had anything at all to do with IU?

That makes as much sense as saying you were on the fence about Halo 3 because you despised Cabela's Big Game Hunters but enjoyed Halo 1 & 2...

Kotaku, and IGN also have impressions up.
Looks like they're trying to get voice chat in, something absent from the JPN release.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...tional-edition-coming-to-ps3-february-2-2010/

We have a release date and new features for this version of the game:
So we know there are a bunch of people out there who are going to be getting a PlayStation 3 this holiday (or already opened theirs). Many new owners are probably going to ask us what we have to offer, and as many of you know, there’s plenty!

Level-5 and SCEA would like to add to that list of fantastic titles by announcing the North American release of White Knight Chronicles International Edition February 2, 2010.

The International Edition not only includes the fully localized copy of White Knight Chronicles, but it also comes with the following additional features and content:

• Over 50 disc-based online quests. You can complete these quests solo, or cooperatively with up to three other players to gain extra gear and experience. (That’s just on the disc. Wait until you hear what else we’ll have at launch!)
  • Voice Chat. Need we say more? =)
  • The Georama. Build an online village for your character where you can invite friends to complete quests online and purchase unique items and gear.
  • Live Talk. Leonard and his companions will have side conversations during gameplay, adding a little more character to your travels through the world of White Knight Chronicles.
We hope you’re as excited as we are about this upcoming release! Be sure to check out this month’s coverage in Qore and keep an eye out for even more information on this incredible RPG in the coming weeks!

Good night.

I was feeling lackluster about this game and figured I'd get around to it sometime in the future, but between the cover art and the additional features/content, I may just be getting this closer to launch.

[quote name='dallow']Finally. Now Amazon can put a price on it so I can order it.

Day 1 for me.[/QUOTE]

I know, right? I've been waiting months for Amazon to get this up for preorder.

[quote name='Jodou']So what's the big deal about this game? Looks like just another JRPG to me and the trailer failed to impress.[/QUOTE]
I think the big difference is the 4 player online mode but I'm also not that excited for this one

[quote name='jrsmaster411']I think the big difference is the 4 player online mode but I'm also not that excited for this one[/QUOTE]
Heh, if that's the only selling point then I'll just wait for FFXIII.

Level 5 has good enough track record for me to give this game a shot. The more JRPGs on the PS3 the better, in my book, because it could surely use as many as it can get.

[quote name='Jodou']So what's the big deal about this game? Looks like just another JRPG to me and the trailer failed to impress.[/QUOTE]Some just really love JRPGs like me and want this badly. Heard good things and Level 5's games are normally good. There was just a long wait for U.S. release to improve things and translate.

Honestly, they should have waited a few months AFTER FFXIII releases. My money is going towards FFXIII, no way I'm buying an RPG a month before Final Fantasy comes out...

[quote name='blissskr']Up for preorder on amazon.[/QUOTE]

Hallelujah! This was one of three games I've been waiting for Amazon to put up for pre-order. I usually like Level 5's work so I'm glad to finally get it locked in to one of my old orders that had an ECA code. Now all Amazon needs to do is update the upcoming Castlevania and Metal Gear Solid from 360 only to 360/PS3 (and in MGS's case, PC as well) and I'll be set for next year. (I bitch about those two games way too much I know :p)

I'm relieved they got this up, and hope they get the others up, as my only order that both has an ECA code attached and has no items shipped, therefore able to have items added to the order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SynGamer']Honestly, they should have waited a few months AFTER FFXIII releases. My money is going towards FFXIII, no way I'm buying an RPG a month before Final Fantasy comes out...[/QUOTE]

I'm honestly more excited for this. Although, I have FF13 preordered as well because there's been a distinct lack of RPGs in my life.

[quote name='Nirron']Hallelujah! This was one of three games I've been waiting for Amazon to put up for pre-order. I usually like Level 5's work so I'm glad to finally get it locked in to one of my old orders that had an ECA code. Now all Amazon needs to do is update the upcoming Castlevania and Metal Gear Solid from 360 only to 360/PS3 (and in MGS's case, PC as well) and I'll be set for next year. (I bitch about those two games way too much I know :p)

I'm relieved they got this up, and hope they get the others up, as my only order that both has an ECA code attached and has no items shipped, therefore able to have items added to the order.[/QUOTE]

Can you explain how to do this? I can't figure this out. TIA

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']Can you explain how to do this? I can't figure this out. TIA[/QUOTE]

Either one of two ways. I usually only resort to the second if I get told 'no' when using the first.

Both just require e-mailing (or I suppose calling) customer service. When e-mailing, I select the order with the ECA code as the subject, and just request that they add the game. Works nearly every time. The times it doesn't, I just create an order with that item (or items) and then ask if they could 'combine' the orders since I have a promotional code I want to apply. I've gotten a ton of games added that way (SMT: Strange Journey, 3D Dot Game Heroes, White Knight)

Also, as I said in my previous post, you can only add items to an order where the entire order is Open. If any items have been shipped, you may not be able to do it. That's why I'm hoping they get MGS: Rising and Castlevania up for PS3 asap, as I have two open ECA orders left, with parts of them shipping out in February and March, respectively.

[quote name='Nirron']Either one of two ways. I usually only resort to the second if I get told 'no' when using the first.

Both just require e-mailing (or I suppose calling) customer service. When e-mailing, I select the order with the ECA code as the subject, and just request that they add the game. Works nearly every time. The times it doesn't, I just create an order with that item (or items) and then ask if they could 'combine' the orders since I have a promotional code I want to apply. I've gotten a ton of games added that way (SMT: Strange Journey, 3D Dot Game Heroes, White Knight)

Also, as I said in my previous post, you can only add items to an order where the entire order is Open. If any items have been shipped, you may not be able to do it. That's why I'm hoping they get MGS: Rising and Castlevania up for PS3 asap, as I have two open ECA orders left, with parts of them shipping out in February and March, respectively.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll try that.

[quote name='Nirron']Also, as I said in my previous post, you can only add items to an order where the entire order is Open. If any items have been shipped, you may not be able to do it.[/QUOTE]
No shit? Damn, there goes my plan of forever having 30% off games lol. I already had them add two games that shipped from my large order, so maybe the combine option will work.

[quote name='Jodou']No shit? Damn, there goes my plan of forever having 30% off games lol. I already had them add two games that shipped from my large order, so maybe the combine option will work.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm fairly certain that is the case. There's a thread floating around the main deal forum where someone tried that, and they got denied. It's obviously related to Amazon, but it was only a week or so ago. I've gotten turned down twice trying to do that as well, since the order is somewhat in limbo, having been partially fulfilled. It could just be bad luck on my part. The order in question had two already shipped games (NSMB Wii/Assassin's Creed II) with one unreleased (FF13) and they told me they weren't able to do it. I didn't push whether it was a technical issue or not though, as I'm already getting such an awesome deal on so much stuff, I hate taking advantage of them too much.

Here's the Amazon Help section about it: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_navbox_center_change?nodeId=595034

Note under 'Adding items and Combining Orders' it says they can't combine or add to 'Orders where items have already entered the shipping process' That's pretty much what I got cited twice when trying to do it. Of course, I don't know if it's a coding problem, or a policy problem, as two of the ineligibles (promotional funds and items not yet released) are in pretty much every order to which I get things added.

Hehe, I too have an open order Nirron that still has the 30% off.

Got about 7 games on it currently. Also hoping Rising and Yakuza 3 get on Amazon by February.

[quote name='Nirron']Well, I'm fairly certain that is the case. There's a thread floating around the main deal forum where someone tried that, and they got denied. It's obviously related to Amazon, but it was only a week or so ago. I've gotten turned down twice trying to do that as well, since the order is somewhat in limbo, having been partially fulfilled. It could just be bad luck on my part.

Here's the Amazon Help section about it: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_navbox_center_change?nodeId=595034

Note under 'Adding items and Combining Orders' it says they can't combine or add to 'Orders where items have already entered the shipping process' That's pretty much what I got cited twice when trying to do it. Of course, I don't know if it's a coding problem, or a policy problem, as two of the ineligibles (promotional funds and items not yet released) are in pretty much every order to which I get things added.[/QUOTE]
Word, never occurred to me to check the policy. Ah well, I do still have another order that's free and clear to add stuff to, so I'll just wrap up any last additions before anything ships.

I'm in the same boat waiting on Castlevania and company to pre-order on PS3. Wish these 360 developers would make up their damn mind if Alan Wake and Splinter Cell: Conviction are coming to PC or not. I'm not buying them on 360 since I've pretty much sworn off buying any games for a system that has already failed me once.

[quote name='Jodou']Word, never occurred to me to check the policy. Ah well, I do still have another order that's free and clear to add stuff to, so I'll just wrap up any last additions before anything ships.

I'm in the same boat waiting on Castlevania and company to pre-order on PS3. Wish these 360 developers would make up their damn mind if Alan Wake and Splinter Cell: Conviction are coming to PC or not. I'm not buying them on 360 since I've pretty much sworn off buying any games for a system that has already failed me once.[/QUOTE]

Splinter Cell definitely is. The PC version is even listed on Amazon, but it's in the same boat White Knight was in until recently: it's listed but not available to order. Since I saw that with White Knight, I was wondering why they do that. I have a ton of games pre-ordered that just say "We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item." like FF Versus XII, Super Mario Galaxy 2; the list goes on.

[quote name='"dallow"']Hehe, I too have an open order Nirron that still has the 30% off.

Got about 7 games on it currently. Also hoping Rising and Yakuza 3 get on Amazon by February.[/QUOTE]

Ooh, good call on Yakuza 3. I've just been adding a ton of games, since I'd rather have them in there and decide later rather than miss my opportunity. It's funny; because of the Amazon codes + Gold Box giving me nearly 1/3rd off the game's cost, I'm probably going to spend like 3x as much as I do on games.

I do love that when you search for Castlevania Lords of Shadow you see a related search for Metal Gear Solid Rising PS3, and vice versa. Obviously there are a few people who are just waiting for Amazon to put it up. I do enjoy the fact that they have Castlevania releasing in roughly 3 weeks though :D

[quote name='Nirron']Splinter Cell definitely is. The PC version is even listed on Amazon, but it's in the same boat White Knight was in until recently: it's listed but not available to order. Since I saw that with White Knight, I was wondering why they do that. I have a ton of games pre-ordered that just say "We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item." like FF Versus XII, Super Mario Galaxy 2; the list goes on.[/QUOTE]
Exactly and there has been rumors going around that they plan to cancel a PC port for the time being just like Alan Wake. You can still order Alan Wake on PC though, so I don't know what's going on anymore.

Also, are you saying that you can have them add the game to an order when it's in your gold box and get the additional discount?! That would rock if so.

[quote name='Jodou']Exactly and there has been rumors going around that they plan to cancel a PC port for the time being just like Alan Wake. You can still order Alan Wake on PC though, so I don't know what's going on anymore.

Also, are you saying that you can have them add the game to an order when it's in your gold box and get the additional discount?! That would rock if so.[/QUOTE]

I wish, but no. That's actually one of the ineligibles in the link I provided earlier. I've tried, OH I TRIED, but they never would manually discount it for me. Most of those are just games that I re-ordered in September and used a certain FAQ method to get a ton of games into my Gold Box before Amazon expired two of the batches (L, J, or the numbered, unsure of which two were expired).

I'm actually somewhat glad to hear that you can still at least pre-order Alan Wake on PC. I know Remedy or whoever said it was indefinitely suspended or some such nonsense. I don't know why they wouldn't put it on PC though. I mean, so much of the footage and stuff before it became 360-focused was based off PC screenshots/in-game stuff. Heck, I was contemplating upgrading my PC for Alan Wake + Splinter Cell + Mass Effect 2, not to mention I've been itching to play stuff like The Witcher.

$37 each for Heavy Rain and The Last Guardian + $32 for No More Heroes 2, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Metroid: Other M = awesome sauce. Too bad Zelda Wii won't be up for pre-order before all my open orders have something shipped.

[quote name='Jodou']Exactly and there has been rumors going around that they plan to cancel a PC port for the time being just like Alan Wake. You can still order Alan Wake on PC though, so I don't know what's going on anymore.

Also, are you saying that you can have them add the game to an order when it's in your gold box and get the additional discount?! That would rock if so.[/QUOTE]

I wish. Unfortunately on that page I linked earlier, Gold Box is ineligible.

One word of caution I also just found out: if you had a Prime trial and don't anymore, adding games to an order with Two-Day shipping will charge you for Two-Day shipping for every item. I just had them switch a game for me since I found out the version I had ordered was gimped, and it's now showing a rather large S&H charge where there was none. If only we had Amazon Prime shares in addition to gameshares eh? :p

So I had this added to an order (Bioshock 2) that had the ECA discount on it (not stacked), and they removed the ECA discount from my order entirely. Although, I'm fine with it because they screwed up in my favor anyway. I had to e-mail them around black friday to get that $10 off for ordering with discover, and they re-applied that discount, it seems, so now I have $20 off.

They might have canceled the original order, which would explain why the ECA discount disappeared. You sure it was the same order number and not a completely new order?

bread's done
Back