White Knight Chronicles - Level 5's Groundhog Day Present - February 2, 2010 in NA

I e-mailed. But, does it matter if they cancelled it or not? Either way, the same thing can happen to other people.

Wait, I'm an idiot. The ECA discount came to $10, so it's actually still on there. I was just confused by it being such a nice, round number.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I e-mailed. But, does it matter if they cancelled it or not? Either way, the same thing can happen to other people.

Wait, I'm an idiot. The ECA discount came to $10, so it's actually still on there. I was just confused by it being such a nice, round number.[/QUOTE]
Loludumbkid. ;)

It's going to be a sad day come February/March for me, as both of my completely open orders with ECA are going to be expired by that time. I will probably have a moment of silence for the awesomeness that was the ECA code at that time.

Downside is that it's so tempting to get some games I'd probably pick up down the line. White Knight would only be about $40; same with ModNation Racers. Perhaps I will get ModNation, depending on how the demo hits me. Then of course there's my infamous (at least infamous in MY mind :p) crusade of waiting for the PS3 versions of Metal Gear/Castlevania. Those better appear before February!

I've got like 17 total games pre-ordered in those ECA orders, though quite a few of them are obvious late 2010/sometime in 2011 games. Luckily I had a ton of Amazon credit from past promotions/etc.

[quote name='Nirron']It's going to be a sad day come February/March for me, as both of my completely open orders with ECA are going to be expired by that time. I will probably have a moment of silence for the awesomeness that was the ECA code at that time.

Downside is that it's so tempting to get some games I'd probably pick up down the line. White Knight would only be about $40; same with ModNation Racers. Perhaps I will get ModNation, depending on how the demo hits me. Then of course there's my infamous (at least infamous in MY mind :p) crusade of waiting for the PS3 versions of Metal Gear/Castlevania. Those better appear before February!

I've got like 17 total games pre-ordered in those ECA orders, though quite a few of them are obvious late 2010/sometime in 2011 games. Luckily I had a ton of Amazon credit from past promotions/etc.[/QUOTE]

Just add The Last Guardian and it will go on for another few months

Didn't read through all the pages. But in the japan release of this can you set text to english? Was thinking of grabbing it off ebay instead of waiting.

[quote name='IRHari']Er, why is Amazon's release date for this game March 3rd?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes Amazon takes awhile to get accurate release dates.

I'm torn on buying this day one, I want to, but I have bioshock 2 preordered. As much as I want this game though, I have to ask, is it worth buying when it comes out? I'm into rpg's, they are my go-to genre aside from fps. I'll pick it up at some point, but it's a burning question right now.

This game is looking so epic, buying this on day one at 10 AM when gamestop opens. 4 Player Online RPG with 50+ missions AND DLC missions to come. Not to mention the awesome create-a-character system. I was planning to buy Bioshock 2 until i realized this was coming out.

I'll be there day 1.
I think you to play a little bit until you can access the online which is what I really want to play with friends.

A brief glimpse of the trophy whore forums put this platinum at b/w 400-1000 hours.

So you'll what to whore elsewhere.

I preordered this yesterday, but did so knowing how many other titles there are coming out between now and March I'll be missing. Jeez.

I was on the fence for this one, but after checking around on its features am definitely going to get it.
I hope Target gets this on release date so I can use my $15 gift card.:whee:

[quote name='mykevermin']A brief glimpse of the trophy whore forums put this platinum at b/w 400-1000 hours.

So you'll what to whore elsewhere.

I preordered this yesterday, but did so knowing how many other titles there are coming out between now and March I'll be missing. Jeez.[/QUOTE]

400-1000 hours??? I just pooped...A LOT.

I'm on the fence on this whether I'll be picking it up day one of later down the road. Theres so many good games coming out around this time and I already have quite the extensive backlog.

We'll see if there are any deals on release day that make it impossible for me to pass on.

[quote name='Dahk']I'm on the fence on this whether I'll be picking it up day one of later down the road. Theres so many good games coming out around this time and I already have quite the extensive backlog.[/QUOTE]
That and my general dislike of other Level 5 RPGs is whats keeping me from getting the game. Also I haven't heard many positive things about the singleplayer mode...

I haven't heard positive things either... I was on the fence about it till recently, now I'm willing to wait to try it when it drops below $30, which shouldn't take long.

[quote name='mykevermin']Wait a minute, didn't Level 5 make Rogue Galaxy?

That makes dislike of all Level 5 RPGs total blasphemy.[/QUOTE]

yes they did

I like action RPGs so I preordered this (showed up in my gold box, thanks Jodou!)

Yeah depending on reviews I'll probably cancel Dante's Inferno, I'm skewing in that direction anyway. I'll pick up Star Ocean Last Hope when it gets a little cheaper in the $20-$40 range. Pre-ordered GoW 3 Ultimate Edition, Heavy Rain, and FF13.

Oh and 3D GAME DOT HEROES MAY 11tH GUYS!!11 OMG ZELDA CLONE

finally amazon updated the date!! woot woot!! i'm sooo excited for this!!! the video about the online that was posted on the ps blog got me more interested in the online mode for the game!!!!

Got my review copy last night. I was planning to reach the 10 hour mark before I write my first article. Due to the game's length, I'm skipping the traditional review in favor of multiple impressions every 10 hours. Not sure how many I'll write, but I'm planning at least 5 articles.

The online component won't be ready until Feb 2nd, but if anyone wants to find me online, my ID is oilywater.

Thanks to a never-ending ECA order and some leftover Amazon credit, I'm picking this game up on release. That said, I'll probably be looking to do some online questing. I would prefer to do it with CAGs rather than some random stranger, though I can't give any guarantee I won't suck :p

Has anyone started a list of who will be online with this game?

I will be PSN name marvinwynn.

As will I. Leftover ECA Amazon ftw!
Don't know how many more people I can fit on my FL though, I'll have to purge some.

dallow

I usually avoid spoilers and most news about games I know I'm getting, but I've been doing some research today since I realized that the game comes out in 6 days (fuck times goes by quickly) and saw that it's 4 person online co-op. I hereby officially announce the formation of Team Banana Phone™ (name pending and subject to change) I'm not sure if every quest is a full 4-man, but I will hereby take applicants (and by applicants I mean if you message me/reply to my post that you'd be up for it then you're 'in')

I read one article on the PS Blog about the online portion of the game, though most of it consisted of an interview with one of the guys from Level 5. I'm interested to know some things about the online interaction, namely if it's limited to level ranges a la Demon's Souls, or more of a WoW-esque grouping of anyone. I also wonder how they're going to have things set up in game for friends, though I did see the whole Georama base thing being used to meet up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IRHari']I'll be online too, we should play together ChibiJosh and mykevermin![/QUOTE]

Certainly. We'll have to figure out how this thing works in more detail.

bread's done
Back