Who is Inked

525083301_a603228daa_m.jpg

Personally iv got a bunch of them, mostly from video games. I have the symbol of Torment the main char in Planescape Torment has on one of my hands and the Soul Eater from Suikoden on the other. My knuckles also read love life. I have the Yuna dancing on water with the spirits raising from it as one sleeve and the under side of my other arm is a giant Katamari Damacy mural with the banner Ryan Loves Amanda at the bottom(my wife has a katamari one on her back reading Amanda loves Ryan).

The two tats I have the most regrets about are my neck and my shoulder. My shoulder tat I regret because its a stupid ass monkey that right when I turned 18 I ran out and got at the cheapest shop in town willing to get me in the same day. I just flat out hate that tattoo. My neck tattoo I do not hate, but I made the mistake of giving an inexperienced artist that WAS doing good work too much freedom. The tattoo is of hearts around one side and stars on the other side meeting in a heart shaped locket with a star shaped keyhole around my chest. Pretty typical necklace and I loved the idea I had for it and I loved his design. Problem was he talked me in to some heavy shading separating each heart and star....and he totally screwed it up. A few look more like blobs from run off as a result then actual stars and hearts. He also forgot to add a star or heart on one side so it looks slightly off. Long term I think I can get it fixed and long term I think the guy will be an awesome artist, but he jacked this one up(and charged me $150 over what he said he would).

http://oi53.tinypic.com/1zchahc.jpg

With each of my tats I have learned a lesson and I think all those lessons are finally culminating. I will be going in the next week or two to get my other sleeve done and the artist seems to have 100% nailed what I want. I have for years reffered to myself as a punk rock teddy bear because I am a huge dude that everyone finds intimidating as hell, yet in reality I sit at home reading, playing games or board games with my wife. Id rather go to the zoo then to the bar and I do not use any drugs what so ever. Thus a punk rock teddy bear. I had the guy sketch up a design and I really wanted this tattoo to represent the way I see myself. Very hard on the outside but yet a big soft cutey in reality. This is his first sketch and I am freaking thrilled!

Newest tattoo by Josh Miller at Over the Edge Tattoo her in the Toledo area. He did an amazing job bringing my vision to life and was just a cool guy in general. The tattoo is meant to represent me. I have been told a number of times that various people are scared of me and never understood why. Yeah I am a big guy with tattoos and a mohawk but I stop and talk to everyone, help neighbors in need and I am a big dork in general. I took to calling myself a punk rock teddy bear a few years ago and it just stuck. The tattoo is meant to rep that, it is very hacked up and mismatched and not something most people would own/give to their kids. At the same time it is bright, vibrant, still kind of cute and the few people that did take it home and recognize it for what it is would love it all the more for its uniqueness.

http://oi55.tinypic.com/ogz4vs.jpg

[quote name='perdition(troy']That ones pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir! I am pretty damn happy with it, only one small thing id change so thats damn fine!

Zombie pin up girl. Custom piece that took 7 hours.
imag0477.jpg
Skull with banner reading "tomorrow is not a promise". Another custom that took 3 hours.
imag0478.jpg
Roman numerals for six hundred sixty six
imag0482o.jpg
Charles Manson smiley face
imag0483b.jpg

You have a fucking spidy tramp stamp. Does your boyfriend like to shoot his webbing on it???? I'm inked as well. 4 Tats and one more to go.

[quote name='draven1089']You have a fucking spidy tramp stamp. Does your boyfriend like to shoot his webbing on it???? I'm inked as well. 4 Tats and one more to go.[/QUOTE]

A bit uncalled for, especially from someone that has something as emo as a Vampire in his avatar. Got something to prove?

[quote name='MSI Magus']A bit uncalled for, especially from someone that has something as emo as a Vampire in his avatar. Got something to prove?[/QUOTE]

Emo???? HA HA HA never been called emo. HA HA HA. Thanks for the laugh bud.

[quote name='Spacepest']I'd totally laugh if I saw a chick get this tattoo.[/QUOTE]

Christ on a pogo stick, if I had a dollar for every female I knew with a moustache finger tattoo, I'd be able to fly around the world for free.

[quote name='draven1089']Emo???? HA HA HA never been called emo. HA HA HA. Thanks for the laugh bud.[/QUOTE]

Emo or not it is hard to argue that vampires are about as Emo/Goth Loser kid as it gets. Coming on the internet with a vampire avatar and making fun of other people...kind of a tell tale sign there bud. Regardless your comments were totally uncalled for. I mean I was not impressed with the tat but calling him gay and slamming him, I mean Christ go back to Xbox Live already. Anyways, I will drop this now because I doubt when someone shows the class you did they will ever come around.

Back on topic. I may post some of my others later, in the mean time all I can say is even though I am still sitting here with gunk on my healing arm I cant help but think about finishing my other sleeve ;)

Thats fucking awesome. I'm going to be getting my first tattoo soon. I plan on getting a kanji on my right leg. I'm thinking for getting the saying "Born to Lead" since I plan on going into business and plan to be in charge eventually.

[quote name='giantqtipz']I'm not inked.

But I'm circumcised though. That's just as good right?[/QUOTE]

Body modification is a different topic. Matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken, there was a circumcision thread just a few days ago. Only on CAG.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Body modification is a different topic. Matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken, there was a circumcision thread just a few days ago. Only on CAG.[/QUOTE]

You're right. Because I'm the author of that thread. I'm just here to brag about my naked penis. Sorry if I offended anyone. I will leave now.

Edit: is niice ;D

You people are crazy! I want a tattoo but I can't think of anything that I won't be sick of down the road. I was debating putting the kids' names on my shoulder but I can't even think of a font I like enough.

[quote name='javeryh']You people are crazy! I want a tattoo but I can't think of anything that I won't be sick of down the road. I was debating putting the kids' names on my shoulder but I can't even think of a font I like enough.[/QUOTE]

I've got my kids' names, birthdate and time of birth, but I also have a picture for each: daughter 1 = teddy bear, son = superman symbol, daughter 2 = angel. They are pretty big, so I had to put one on each forearm and one on the inside forearm. I can still wear button down shirts an no one has a clue. I also have my wife (RIP) and anniversary date.

If you want a tattoo, just make sure it has meaning to you. Take your time and make your own design.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']I've got my kids' names, birthdate and time of birth, but I also have a picture for each: daughter 1 = teddy bear, son = superman symbol, daughter 2 = angel. They are pretty big, so I had to put one on each forearm and one on the inside forearm. I can still wear button down shirts an no one has a clue. I also have my wife (RIP) and anniversary date.

If you want a tattoo, just make sure it has meaning to you. Take your time and make your own design.[/QUOTE]

Best way to do it. So many people end up with horrid horrid horrid portrait tats because not many artists are talented enough to do them(and even those that are can mess them up easily). Having something to rep each of them is a cute way of doing it, less chance to mess it up and gives more creative freedom(and means more to the kids because you show you know and understand them).

[quote name='Stryffe2004']I've got my kids' names, birthdate and time of birth, but I also have a picture for each: daughter 1 = teddy bear, son = superman symbol, daughter 2 = angel. They are pretty big, so I had to put one on each forearm and one on the inside forearm. I can still wear button down shirts an no one has a clue. I also have my wife (RIP) and anniversary date.

If you want a tattoo, just make sure it has meaning to you. Take your time and make your own design.[/QUOTE]

That is really cool. Do you have any pics? I can already picture what I'd have to get for my daughter:

images

Ha! Not really but I do call her Sweetums...

Seeing this thread revived I think I'll have to post some of mine. I have a chest piece that's almost done, and some 8-bit stuff that I think some CAGs will appreciate, among others.

[quote name='X BRO 420']Thats fucking awesome. I'm going to be getting my first tattoo soon. I plan on getting a kanji on my right leg. I'm thinking for getting the saying "Born to Lead" since I plan on going into business and plan to be in charge eventually.[/QUOTE]
I don't think that is a good idea, especially in the business world. That's only my opinion, though.

If you were considering something like that panther a few posts up, I'd say go for it.

How is it bad in the business world lol? No one would see it since I'd be in a suit all day long and then when I'm cruzin at the beach bitches will be diggin it.

I have one tattoo right now. Got it when I was 18, can't really remember the exact age when I got it. I know it's cliche but I did end up getting a tribal design, a phoenix. I had just gotten through the roughest year I've ever had, pulled myself out of it and I wanted something that would always remind me that I can get through anything. It helps me on those rough days

[quote name='X BRO 420']How is it bad in the business world lol? No one would see it since I'd be in a suit all day long and then when I'm cruzin at the beach bitches will be diggin it.[/QUOTE]
I was once where you are and considered getting a tat. I didn't. Now that I'm in a fairly high-profile business job, I'm so glad I didn't. Also, there are other ways to get beach bitches besides getting a tat.

The only reason I don't have any is I've yet to come up with anything important enough to have tattooed on me. I guess it's that I'm not impulsive in this regard. I did see a painting in a tiny little shop once that I really considered getting done but I could never find that painting again. I like koi pieces, too, but everyone has those.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']I was once where you are and considered getting a tat. I didn't. Now that I'm in a fairly high-profile business job, I'm so glad I didn't. Also, there are other ways to get beach bitches besides getting a tat.[/QUOTE]

Do you work in a shirtless office?

[quote name='Survivalism']The only reason I don't have any is I've yet to come up with anything important enough to have tattooed on me. I guess it's that I'm not impulsive in this regard. I did see a painting in a tiny little shop once that I really considered getting done but I could never find that painting again. I like koi pieces, too, but everyone has those.[/QUOTE]

Smart man! Honestly I insist on not getting a tattoo done till I think about it for 6 months to a year. If after that time frame I still want it just as bad as the moment I thought of it well then chances are I will be happy later.

[quote name='X BRO 420']How is it bad in the business world lol? No one would see it since I'd be in a suit all day long and then when I'm cruzin at the beach bitches will be diggin it.[/QUOTE]

Not just 'the business world', kanji is always a bad idea. Don't get a language you can't read or identify on your own. Unless I'm mistaken and you're a student of Japanese or have Japanese heritage, in which case, pardon my assumptions.

[quote name='Survivalism']The only reason I don't have any is I've yet to come up with anything important enough to have tattooed on me. [/QUOTE]

I've heard people say this before and my response is always the same. If you can't come up with anything "important enough" you're doing one of two things wrong. Either:

1) You aren't thinking hard enough, or
2) You aren't living your life

There's nothing in your life that you value enough to commemorate in a permanent way that you're worried might change in the future? No family members, no personal accomplishments? I plan on getting pieces for my grandparents and parents eventually.

Granted, if an artist does a shitty job, that's one thing, or you may regret where you get it. But there has to be something important enough to you that you wouldn't change your mind about that particular something.

Decided to make a separate post for images:

Mega Man
DSC00583-1.jpg

DSC00588.jpg
Inside of my arm (bonus points if you know the literary reference):
DSC00580.jpg

Right shoulder:
DSC00541.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

Banner says, "Resilience Unsurpassed"

Back of my leg:
DSC00111.jpg

DSC00411.jpg
Since I told the guy above me not to get a language he doesn't know, I'll explain the Latin. The phrase on the banner is on the Virginia state flag, where I'm from, so it's not a random phrase, and it's part of common knowledge here in Richmond =)

Unfinished chest piece... going in next Friday to get more done:
http://twitpic.com/2plmop
http://twitpic.com/2plmop (don't have it posted anywhere else).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pitfallharry219']Did you purposely have tyrannis spelled wrong?[/QUOTE]

I admit it, it was an accident. With regard to the state flag, it's not spelled the same. Tyrannus, though, is still a word in Latin meaning tyrant, only in the nominative form, making it singular. The grammar might be off (I'm not sure), but I won't lose sleep over it. If it wasn't even a word in Latin and just some nonsense then I would have covered it up.

It's in my favor that Latin is a dead language and the average person won't notice. That, and that particular piece was my 1st and represents something both extremely important and personal to me, so I really, really don't care.

So, your keen eye leads me back to my previous statements. Don't get a language you don't speak, and if it's important enough to you then it won't matter if there's a minor problem or complaint later in life =)

[quote name='Survivalism']Do you work in a shirtless office?[/QUOTE]
No, but you never know when you may hit the gym with a coworker or superior. Or maybe the big boss invites you to his beach house or something. If these people are conservative, it could be damaging, or at the least awkward.

Not trying to tell anyone what to do, just offering a different view on the subject. There are many industries and social settings where tattoos are acceptable, but in my line of work I feel it's better not to have any. Again, I thought I would just offer up this point of view given the context of that post above.

[quote name='johnnypark']I admit it, it was an accident. With regard to the state flag, it's not spelled the same. Tyrannus, though, is still a word in Latin meaning tyrant, only in the nominative form, making it singular. The grammar might be off (I'm not sure), but I won't lose sleep over it. If it wasn't even a word in Latin and just some nonsense then I would have covered it up.

It's in my favor that Latin is a dead language and the average person won't notice. That, and that particular piece was my 1st and represents something both extremely important and personal to me, so I really, really don't care.

So, your keen eye leads me back to my previous statements. Don't get a language you don't speak, and if it's important enough to you then it won't matter if there's a minor problem or complaint later in life =)[/QUOTE]

I bet you get flagged in security lines all the time.

[quote name='johnnypark']Decided to make a separate post for images:

Mega Man
DSC00583-1.jpg

DSC00588.jpg
Inside of my arm (bonus points if you know the literary reference):
DSC00580.jpg

Right shoulder:
DSC00541.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

Banner says, "Resilience Unsurpassed"

Back of my leg:
DSC00111.jpg

DSC00411.jpg
Since I told the guy above me not to get a language he doesn't know, I'll explain the Latin. The phrase on the banner is on the Virginia state flag, where I'm from, so it's not a random phrase, and it's part of common knowledge here in Richmond =)

Unfinished chest piece... going in next Friday to get more done:
http://twitpic.com/2plmop
http://twitpic.com/2plmop (don't have it posted anywhere else).
[/QUOTE]

I do not understand any of your tattoos, however you clearly have put time, thought and love in to them so great tats man! Those are exactly what tats should be, not something to shock, not something to just look cool, but something that has a deeper meaning for you.

How much did the chest piece hurt? I had already had my hands, my knuckles, my sleeves and a shoulder done and none of them really hurt what so ever....but christ all mighty did my kneck/chest piece hurt. The chest I tolerated somewhat well...but when it started to creep on to my neck it hurt like a son of a bitch. Worst part is that the longer you are in the seat the more it hurts....and this was a two session tattoo with each session lasting 4-5 hours. About 2 hours in I started grabbing the chair to steady myself, 3 I was shaking horribly and somewhere between the 4 and 5 hour mark the tattoo artist ended the session. He said even if I was strong enough mentally to deal with that kind of pain my body was obviously far past its limit and he could not tattoo me with how much I was shaking.

Wait, tattoos can hurt? I'm out. :)

I agree about being extra careful with tattoos if you are planning on working for The Man someday. They can ONLY hurt your career. People will never admit it but unless you are have short hair, no tattoos, no piercings, no facial hair and love kissing ass you aren't going very far.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I do not understand any of your tattoos, however you clearly have put time, thought and love in to them so great tats man! Those are exactly what tats should be, not something to shock, not something to just look cool, but something that has a deeper meaning for you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I recall someone earlier posting pictures of their tattoos and emphasizing "custom pieces." That's all I have - other than Mega Man only 1 artist has done any work for me and she designed everything based on my descriptions of what I wanted. If you go into a tattoo shop and choose something off the wall or out of a book, you're doing it wrong.

How much did the chest piece hurt? I had already had my hands, my knuckles, my sleeves and a shoulder done and none of them really hurt what so ever....but christ all mighty did my kneck/chest piece hurt. The chest I tolerated somewhat well...but when it started to creep on to my neck it hurt like a son of a bitch. Worst part is that the longer you are in the seat the more it hurts....and this was a two session tattoo with each session lasting 4-5 hours. About 2 hours in I started grabbing the chair to steady myself, 3 I was shaking horribly and somewhere between the 4 and 5 hour mark the tattoo artist ended the session. He said even if I was strong enough mentally to deal with that kind of pain my body was obviously far past its limit and he could not tattoo me with how much I was shaking.
The longest I've sat was 4 hours for the first session on my right shoulder/arm and that was tolerable. But I haven't gone more than 90 minutes on my chest and it has about 3 hours of work left. Most everything was fine except in close proximity to my nipples (it felt like she was tattooing ON my nipples... not a good feeling) and, by far the worst, my sternum. I don't know how low your chest piece goes but if it didn't hit your sternum then you're fortunate. I knew what I was getting into and I strongly believe in getting something where you want it and just dealing with the pain, but holy shit. Some of the most unpleasant pain I've ever experienced.

[quote name='camoor']I bet you get flagged in security lines all the time.[/QUOTE]

Haha, you might think so but most people never realize how many tattoos I have. Everything on my right arm is often covered up by just a t-shirt, as is my chest (obviously), and if I have shorts on, everything else is on the back of my right leg and doesn't stand out all that much. Mega Man is on my upper leg and is almost never visible unless I intentionally show it to someone.

I currently have a t-shirt and jeans rule - I don't want anything I can't cover up with just that amount of clothing. I'm really warm-natured and wouldn't want to have to wear long sleeves my whole life if I end up in a job where I can't have visible tattoos. Maybe once I finish my book, get my Masters, and have a private practice where I don't have to worry about anyone else's dress code - then I'll get full sleeves =)

[quote name='sithmonkeyba']i really like the pixellation of mega man. !!!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm really happy with it. I'm going to get some more 8-bit stuff added to it so that it's a compilation of NES sprites. I want Lakitu above Mega Man, and an 8-bit Link from Zelda 2 doing a downward sword thrust on a Metroid.

[quote name='johnnypark']Yeah, I recall someone earlier posting pictures of their tattoos and emphasizing "custom pieces." That's all I have - other than Mega Man only 1 artist has done any work for me and she designed everything based on my descriptions of what I wanted. If you go into a tattoo shop and choose something off the wall or out of a book, you're doing it wrong.

The longest I've sat was 4 hours for the first session on my right shoulder/arm and that was tolerable. But I haven't gone more than 90 minutes on my chest and it has about 3 hours of work left. Most everything was fine except in close proximity to my nipples (it felt like she was tattooing ON my nipples... not a good feeling) and, by far the worst, my sternum. I don't know how low your chest piece goes but if it didn't hit your sternum then you're fortunate. I knew what I was getting into and I strongly believe in getting something where you want it and just dealing with the pain, but holy shit. Some of the most unpleasant pain I've ever experienced.[/QUOTE]

My tat was hearts around one side of my neck and stars around the other, they form a HUGE necklace(each heart and star is probably around an inch to two inches)and they meet at my chest forming a heart with a star shaped locket. The chest part was 100% on my sternum and then leads up my collar bone and all over my neck. So yeah I understand that sternum pain. Take that and then multiply it to last a full 4 hours...then going back after 2 weeks for another 4 hours.

None of my tats ever hurt till that...I told my wife that was such a huge degree of pain that it changed my outlook on life. Before that tat I could not understand how people could betray their loved ones from being tortured....after that world of pain I understand.

[quote name='MSI Magus']
Also it was driving me nuts he kept saying Bowser from Super Mario Brothers 2...I am such a nerd I wanted to correct them that Bowser was not in SMB2.[/QUOTE]

That's kinda the point...

I'm gonna get some smexy tribal and kanjis. All black since I have tanned skin. I loke color tattos when the color is deep and dark, I hate the fadded look some color tats get.

bread's done
Back