Wifi, 3G/Wi-Fi PS Vita $159.99 w/ FS @ Radio Shack

Arg, this is the best price I've seen for a new Vita since I've taken interest in them, but I really want to see if there's going to be some kind of Black Friday deal... then again, the only stores we've yet to see are Walmart and Best Buy... hmmm....

:whistle2:k

To go for this one or wait for either a tax-free copy or a $150 copy...

EDIT:  I bit.  When I have a credit limit and other things to get and look for this holiday...it doesn't matter at all in the end.  This might work out as the best option!

* waits for Vita to collect dust like his 3DS because of his backlog *

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! Get a nice memory card along with PS+ and you're all set.
Thanks for all of the input here as well - it convinced me to do it now. I don't think I'll need a memory card for a while, but again, I can shop for it at any time (and spend with more impunity this holiday - wait, is that a good thing?).

:D/

Guys this the a really good deal for the PSVita!!! I brought mine when the price drop was announce back in the summer and don't reget buying it ever since. Plus you guys don't know if Black Friday is gonna have any deals like this one. Just remember can always return this one if there is a better deal later on.

Didn't even hesitate on this one! Was looking for a good Vita deal this year to finally get one. I will keep mine unopened until the 30 day return policy runs out just in case I find a better deal. Woo!

To everyone on the fence b/c of BF deals, just get it. RS's return policy is really good, and is usable up to 30 days after purchase. Just make sure to keep all documents (including packing slip) and you should be fine.

Also if you're unsure b/c 3G is sold out………like you'd use 3G anyway (wouldn't be much of a CAG then huh? ;)

PS: Saw this on slickdeals and got one of the last 3Gs. Best believe this is gonna go by fast…

Surprised no one's mentioned it yet considering how many of us made out like bandits, but cowboom.com (owned by Best Buy) sells "used" Vitas for $114.99 to $124.99. I put that in quotes because I swear they just opened the box and shipped it to me. Most people who ordered one got a practically new one. Just make sure yours comes with an AC adapter and USB cable. You can look at the pictures to determine the condition of the unit - don't let the grade numbers scare you away from buying one because they have an extremely strict grading criteria.

I wouldn't buy it at this price.  Just doesn't have the software to back it up.  Just wait till Black Friday and I'm sure there will $150 bundles to clear the thing out.  Not to mention it uses proprietary memory which are priced to the moon.  Just wait. 

I'm on the fence still, none of my local Radioshacks have any of these. This is tempting, Wi-Fi version seems to be the only one in-stock.  I might get this one or the Walking Dead version for about $25 more.

I wouldn't buy it at this price. Just doesn't have the software to back it up. Just wait till Black Friday and I'm sure there will $150 bundles to clear the thing out. Not to mention it uses proprietary memory which are priced to the moon. Just wait.
Says the dude who's never played a Vita game.

No, it does not have the same amount of games a 3DS would. However, the 3DS lineup is also full of turds.

There're tons of great Vita games. Wait, if you are holding your breath for a better deal, but don't listen to this nonsense about lack of software.

No, it does not have the same amount of games a 3DS would. However, the 3DS lineup is also full of turds.

There're tons of great Vita games. Wait, if you are holding your breath for a better deal, but don't listen to this nonsense about lack of software.
Name those oh so great Vita game that are exclusive and worth handing $150+ for? It's not and the hidden cost of a memory card should be a deal breaker to anyone with good sense.

Name those oh so great Vita game that are exclusive and worth handing $150+ for? It's not and the hidden cost of a memory card should be a deal breaker to anyone with good sense.
Persona 4, Little Big planet, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, MLB 13, Hot Shots Golf to name a few.

Plus near console quality ports of Rayman Legends, Origins, Sly Cooper, Ultimate MVC3, Zen Pinball, Fifa Soccer, Metal Gear 3.

Of course I'm not trying to convince folks like you, who are angry and bitter. Yes, memory is an issue, but 32gb cards have been within grasp for prices ranging from $35-$50 for anybody paying attention. And will likely continue to drop.

The Vita is the best handheld I've ever used (opinion, and you know what they say about those...)

I really like the specs on these Vitas but I gotta wait for some exclusives to push me over the edge, for me, the lineup is not so great yet. I'm needing a Valkyria Chronicles or a slew of other JPN type rpgs to convince me. Although playing Pinball Arcade on the go here would be nice.  :bouncy:

Many PSP/Minis/PSOne games also work on the Vita which actually makes the game library pretty substantial if you never played those games on their original platforms.  PS3 and Vita are my first Sony gaming products so I have quite a backlog between digital sale purchases and PS+ "free" games.

These remaining Wi-Fi units don't come with a memory card, right? Think there will be a better deal with a game and memory card included on Black Friday?

Persona 4, Little Big planet, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, MLB 13, Hot Shots Golf to name a few.

Plus near console quality ports of Rayman Legends, Origins, Sly Cooper, Ultimate MVC3, Zen Pinball, Fifa Soccer, Metal Gear 3.

Of course I'm not trying to convince folks like you, who are angry and bitter. Yes, memory is an issue, but 32gb cards have been within grasp for prices ranging from $35-$50 for anybody paying attention. And will likely continue to drop.

The Vita is the best handheld I've ever used (opinion, and you know what they say about those...)
I see where you're coming from, and those are some pretty awesome games. Unfortunately, I already own most of those titles on the PS3. However, In my case (because I already do own these on a Sony console and do not really need them to be portable) I Have to agree Algertman.

There is no doubt that the Vita is an impressive piece of hardware (and at an amazing price with this deal), but aren't many more titles that are a "must have" that is also exclusive to the system. Now, if someone didn't have a PS3 or does not own any of those games you mentioned, then the Vita is TOTALLY worth it. However, in my case, It isn't.

These remaining Wi-Fi units don't come with a memory card, right? Think there will be a better deal with a game and memory card included on Black Friday?
Hard to say at this point. The leaked ads all show MSRP deals. I wouldn't bank on a deal like Amazon had last year though. $180 for the AC: L bundle with download code of PS Allstars, 3 month plus, and $10 off AC3.

Also the vita has many great games for it. Granted, a lot are ports, with few exclusives, but the ports are great. I can't wait for Borderlands 2, Minecraft, and Injustice, which comes out tomorrow.

There are plenty of great games out for the Vita, with many more on the way. Plus PSP games upscale beautifully on the Vita due to very compatible resolutions on each system. Don't listen to people whining about no games for the Vita, they're obviously clueless. I have 3 Vitas, one a white AC bundle from last year's Amazon BF deal, the other 2 are 3Gs. Got the latest one from GS for $137 plus tax using 25% coupon, mint 3G version. And the memory cards are far from a dealbreaker, not sure why people keep whining about that.

There are plenty of great games out for the Vita, with many more on the way. Plus PSP games upscale beautifully on the Vita due to very compatible resolutions on each system. Don't listen to people whining about no games for the Vita, they're obviously clueless. I have 3 Vitas, one a white AC bundle from last year's Amazon BF deal, the other 2 are 3Gs. Got the latest one from GS for $137 plus tax using 25% coupon, mint 3G version. And the memory cards are far from a dealbreaker, not sure why people keep whining about that.
If people want to play PSP games they can just buy a PSP for dirt cheap.

Please submit to Amazon if you have a spare minute. With the walking dead bundle at the same price, this really should be the going rate on these. Thanks!

No, it does not have the same amount of games a 3DS would.  However, the 3DS lineup is also full of turds.
There're tons of great Vita games.  Wait, if you are holding your breath for a better deal, but don't listen to this nonsense about lack of software.
"Holding your breath for a better deal" is a bit of an exaggeration considering BF is right around the corner and last year Amazon offered the limited white bundle with game and memory card included for $180, at this was before the official price drop. Not to mention that you can find "Like New" Vitas on Amazonwarehouse for $160 or less on regular occasion. Then you factor in ebay where you can get bundles with memory cards from people trying to unload their Vita at a much better price if you don't mind gambling in the condition.

This deal is good but not a tear down the door and grab everything good. I see that type of deal coming BF when someone is going to offer a bundle for $160 or less. Probably Amazon.

Please submit to Amazon if you have a spare minute. With the walking dead bundle at the same price, this really should be the going rate on these. Thanks!
Would be great if they price matched it, that would be a great deal, but I doubt it considering they have the wifi version in stock. They'll most likely drop the price on that if enough of us keep submitting the price match. But hey, doesn't hurt to try right?

Except the Vita has a beautiful 5 inch OLED screen and PSP games look fantastic on it. Troll somewhere else dude!
You sound like a marketer.

I'm trying to save people money. If people really cared about that small OLED screen it wouldn't be getting destroyed globally by the 3DS.

There is no point of getting a bare bones Vita at this price when black friday, that's right around the corner, will have far superior bundles for cheaper probably.

You sound like a marketer.

I'm trying to save people money. If people really cared about that small OLED screen it wouldn't be getting destroyed globally by the 3DS.

There is no point of getting a bare bones Vita at this price when black friday, that's right around the corner, will have far superior bundles for cheaper probably.
Aaaand, there it is, a 3DS troll trying to discourage Vita sales! Go back to your grungy little bridge troll, this thread is for people actually interested in the Vita! Your "helpful advice" is worthless here dude.

Aaaand, there it is, a 3DS troll trying to discourage Vita sales! Go back to your grungy little bridge troll, this thread is for people actually interested in the Vita! Your "helpful advice" is worthless here dude.
Chill out. I've had both and the 3DS is better. People interested in it will consider it without just comparing it to the better console.

He was referring to PSP at first anyway. Your anti-3DS troll rage led you the wrong way.

Chill out. I've had both and the 3DS is better. People interested in it will consider it without just comparing it to the better console.
I have both as well and the PS Vita is insanely better than the 3ds. Games look better, play better and it has added bonuses of Cross buy / cross save. I keep my 3ds because of Ocarina of Time and my 3ds is an ambassador. Overall I am very disappointed with the 3ds library.

Can you shut the hell up? Algertman is right by calling you a marketer when you say you have three Vitas and that the memory cards aren't expensive - even the most stalwart Vita fans recognize that it is. I have one myself and enjoy it but I admit the cost of ownership is high. I definitely wouldn't have gotten one if it wasn't for all the nice free games on Plus.

He was referring to PSP at first anyway. Your anti-3DS troll rage led you the wrong way.
Nah, the 3DS is far, far worse than the Vita. On every level the hardware is much worse, the 3D gimmick is a joke (most people just turn it off), they bungled the design by leaving out the 2nd analog stick, and everything about it is cheap. Algerttroll is just sh*tting up this thread with his fanboy junk, no one wants to hear that stuff. He's the one that needs to "chill out", not me.

I think you're literally the first person I've ever seen make that claim. Not trying to fan the flames, just surprised.

I've been trying to talk myself in to a new 3ds XL for a while (had an original and didn't care for the smaller screen after being spoiled by a DSi XL for so long). So I went through the game catalog for the 3ds and was shocked to only find 8 games I was interested in (I think all first party). I'll probably still get one on the cheap since I do really like Nintendo games, but I've gotten an absolute boatload of entertainment out of my vita and still have plenty of stuff to play on it so I'm not in any rush.

At $160 it's a steal even if you have to eat the godforsaken memory card prices in the process - you could throw in a retail 16gb card and it'd be the same price as a 3ds XL.

I have both as well and the PS Vita is insanely better than the 3ds. Games look better, play better and it has added bonuses of Cross buy / cross save. I keep my 3ds because of Ocarina of Time and my 3ds is an ambassador. Overall I am very disappointed with the 3ds library.
Soooo you don't like RPG's, and you don't like Nintendo titles? 3DS has had a stellar year in terms of software, and it's not even over yet. Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Ace Attorney, Luigi's mansion, with A Link Between Worlds next week... and that's not even a near complete list.

Vita's good with PS+ but most of the games on it I wouldn't be buying otherwise. Persona 4 Golden and Little Big Planet are the only 2 Vita exclusives I've outright purchased and still own, and as worthy as it is, P4G is still a remake of a PS2 game. And LBP's story mode is by far the worst one in the series, gameplay wise.

If you want to talk tech, Vita is superior, but exclusive software wise 3DS holds the crown. That's my opinion on the matter.

That's not to say a Vita isn't worth it, just saying if we're going to be doing comparisons here, let's be fair. :p

Can anyone recommend me games for the vita? I'm interested in it, but can't seem to find enough to make me actually pull the trigger on it. I'm not interested in shooters at all and the type of games i generally like are the ones that are more anime style or cartoony. The only games I've found that seem interesting at all for the vita are persona 4, katamari, and muramasa.

It's temping but the Vita's existing library is very poor and I don't see the system having a future aside from low-budget JRPGs and old PC indie games. 

bread's done
Back