Wifi, 3G/Wi-Fi PS Vita $159.99 w/ FS @ Radio Shack

Looks like my return plan was foiled before it began. Neither Best Buy nor any other store nearby carries the 3G Vitas except GameStop, who doesn't do gift returns without a gift receipt.

On the bright side, GameStop's Black Friday sale will have 8gb memory cards for $10. Maybe I'll just pick up a few of those instead.
Awww, poor baby.

People who bought these beware... some recipients are reporting they are receiving used/open box Vitas. :/ I hope this isn't the case with mine...

People who bought these beware... some recipients are reporting they are receiving used/open box Vitas. :/ I hope this isn't the case with mine...
:/ it came in today and finally got around to opening the fedex box. One of the factory seals is cut open and it looks like someone tried using clear tape to seal it again. What would be the ideal thing to do now? Would taking it to my local radio shack be a good option?

If mine comes in used I am definitely returning it. If I wanted a used Vita I could certainly get one cheaper than $168.76.

One of the factory seals is cut open and it looks like someone tried using clear tape to seal it again. What would be the ideal thing to do now? Would taking it to my local radio shack be a good option?
Yep. March in there all indignant and snarl, "if I wanted open-box product sold as new, I'd have bought it from GoHastings!" That'll get their attention.

Seriously, you might try to contact the .com as it sounds like the stores don't stock it, so the best a store could probably do is process a return.

Hope I get a new one! Do these come from a warehouse or are they shipped from stores? Do you think they could be display models or something?

Well guess what, I received mine opened and with signs of prior use.

Went to Radioshack and of course they had none in sale in Chicago so at least I got my refund.

Radioshack can go #@## itself after this bulshit.

CAG please help : do I wait black friday amazon lighning deal or should I look elswere.

I really want one-already bought p4 Golden on psn and have ps plus specifically for vita.

Well guess what, I received mine opened and with signs of prior use.

Went to Radioshack and of course they had none in sale in Chicago so at least I got my refund.

Radioshack can go #@## itself after this bulshit.

CAG please help : do I wait black friday amazon lighning deal or should I look elswere.

I really want one-already bought p4 Golden on psn and have ps plus specifically for vita.
Even if you look elsewhere you would be waiting so just wait til black friday, and if no hits by then, just wait til the new model comes out. And then stores will try to clear out the first gen vitas for cheap.

With that being said, did anyone get hassled while trying to get a refund in store cause it was opened? I'm considering making a unboxing vid of the actual package just in case they do.

The new vita is not scheduled to come out in the US because of the lack of sales.  I just priced match at best buy that way I know I got a new one.

:/ it came in today and finally got around to opening the fedex box. One of the factory seals is cut open and it looks like someone tried using clear tape to seal it again. What would be the ideal thing to do now? Would taking it to my local radio shack be a good option?
Sometimes the seals are worn off and looks like if it was open but are not and stores usually have to reseal them up. This happenes because the shipping handling is too rough on the package and usually hot and cold weather does affect the plastic seals. If it looks new and no use, it just might be the seal accidentally wore off or tore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if you look elsewhere you would be waiting so just wait til black friday, and if no hits by then, just wait til the new model comes out. And then stores will try to clear out the first gen vitas for cheap.

With that being said, did anyone get hassled while trying to get a refund in store cause it was opened? I'm considering making a unboxing vid of the actual package just in case they do.
Better safe than sorry. It wouldn't hurt to protect yourself. I'm sure its YMMV for the hassling of trying to convince them you didn't open and use it, that in fact, it came like that.

Got it today.  It had ripped seals with scotch tape over them.  I brought it to Radio Shack and said they don't take online purchase returns in store even though customer service told me they do.  I'll probably try another store.

edit..

Because I used PayPal, I have to send it back.  Fine.

Besides that, this is fking insulting.

Because I used PayPal, I have to send it back. Fine.

That's kind of strange. Around May of this year, Radio Shack announced that all of their stores would be accepting PayPal at the register. You would think they would be able to process refunds using it too.

Got it today. It had ripped seals with scotch tape over them. I brought it to Radio Shack and said they don't take online purchase returns in store even though customer service told me they do. I'll probably try another store.

edit..

Because I used PayPal, I have to send it back. Fine.

How mine looks like, i'll be trying the return tomorrow. There will probably be a better deal available anyways and if not I can always just get one at Best Buy with my GCU discount

Yep. March in there all indignant and snarl, "if I wanted open-box product sold as new, I'd have bought it from GoHastings!" That'll get their attention.
And don't forget the glitter, CAGs! Bonus if you knock over a rack on the way out!

I received my Wifi version today, and it was sealed. My 3G version arrives tomorrow, so we'll see how that one looks like. Either way at least I know one of them was new...

For those of you getting the opened looking wifi versions you might want to open them up. Mine came with the tape everyone is talking about but I figured what the hell. I opened it up carefully and didnt see any fingerprints on the Vita unit. Opened up the memory card slot and theres an 8gb memory card. And yes this is the wifi only version not the 3g version. Dont ask me how it got in there.

For those of you getting the opened looking wifi versions you might want to open them up. Mine came with the tape everyone is talking about but I figured what the hell. I opened it up carefully and didnt see any fingerprints on the Vita unit. Opened up the memory card slot and theres an 8gb memory card. And yes this is the wifi only version not the 3g version. Dont ask me how it got in there.
Radio Shack feeling the holiday spirit by secretly adding 8GB cards to wifi vitas?

Got my Wi-Fi/3G Vita in today and it looked brand new, so I had no problem with tearing it open. The OLED screen looks sooooo pretty!

What GCU discount are you referring to?
I goofed, thought the new GCU 20 percent discount applied to all gaming purchases not just free games. I'll figure out what to do with this tomorrow. I still kind of want to hold onto it in case there are no good BF vita deals.

I goofed, thought the new GCU 20 percent discount applied to all gaming purchases not just free games. I'll figure out what to do with this tomorrow. I still kind of want to hold onto it in case there are no good BF vita deals.
Twenty percent off free games? I don't think they give any money back.

So the wi-fi only systems are brand new but some of the 3g models are previously opened/used?  And if you paid by paypal, you can't return in-store?.  Hope my 3g system is brand new so I don't have to bother with the return.

Mine was 3g/wifi.

When I called the third store, the employee assumed I used a credit card and said it was okay to get the refund there.  When I told her I used PayPal she said I would have to call back when the manager was there because she didn't know how I could prove that the account was mine.. or something like that.  She said with a credit card, they can check if the numbers match.

I'm going to call one last time today since it's on my way.

Radio Shack feeling the holiday spirit by secretly adding 8GB cards to wifi vitas?
It would be funny if that was the reason the Vitas came open-box - Radio Shack liquidating their Vita stock and just giving the low-end cards away, and you guys are returning them thinking they're used. Check the memory card slots.

I think mine is ok, got it yesterday and when I checked the two seals on the side were intact and factory sealed, but the thing is the seal at the bottom of the box seemed like it had been opened.  when I tried to take it off carefully it didn't come off cleanly and it broke off in the middle.

Didn't have enough time to thoroughly go through everything and actually take it out of the box.  Will have to do it on sunday and report back.  I got the 3g/wifi model.

It would be funny if they did that at the store.

RS: Oh and this week we're giving away free Vita memory cards with a Vita purchase!

Me: Hey, that's pretty cool, thanks.

RS: I put it in for you!

Me: Thanks?

RS:  Works great!

Me:  Stop..

RS:  So which game would you like to buy?  I already beat it for you!

Me:  I'm afraid to leave..

It would be funny if that was the reason the Vitas came open-box - Radio Shack liquidating their Vita stock and just giving the low-end cards away, and you guys are returning them thinking they're used. Check the memory card slots.
Yeh my "used" wifi unit is working perfectly and the 8gb card works too. The whole thing is really strange but whatever im not complaining.

My 3G version came in today and it was also new/sealed. :) Pretty happy about that! Also, for anyone who missed this deal, the 3G version is back in stock. Mine is the launch bundle that comes with the 8gb card, pretty good deal.

Jesus Christ, mine is used as well.  All seals have been cut open, with the exception of the central seal which has messed up the box when it was reattached.

There's also an impression of some writing on the cover of the box.

Yeah... I'll be returning this.

My 3G version came in today and it was also new/sealed. :) Pretty happy about that! Also, for anyone who missed this deal, the 3G version is back in stock. Mine is the launch bundle that comes with the 8gb card, pretty good deal.
If you already got yours, I don't know why you were checking the page. But I appreciate it, because it means I got to order one. Thanks.

Well ordered a 3G one now that it's back in stock, should be getting my WiFi today or tomorrow.  Will check to see if either one is sealed on arrival.  Hopefully the 3G one is as I would prefer to have the 8gb card.  Anyone else get an 8gb card with their WiFi vita?

Yesss! ordered a 3G vita with 2 days shipping. This is really worth it if you get an 8 GB card as black friday may not have an awesome deal like this one.

If you already got yours, I don't know why you were checking the page. But I appreciate it, because it means I got to order one. Thanks.
I had it bookmarked when I was waiting for the 3G to come back in stock the first time, decided to check it again for fun before deleting it. :) and you're welcome.

Gah! I've been checking all day.. How did I miss it coming back in stock? :( It says Out of Stock again for me..

Got mine today the boxed looked a little worn but I can understand that if it has been sitting around for a year and a half.  The three 'stickers' looked in good shape.  Took it out and looked it over really good and didn't see any smudges or fingerprints.  No memory card in mine.  Wifi model.  If you got a PS4 today check out remote play.

Jesus Christ, mine is used as well. All seals have been cut open, with the exception of the central seal which has messed up the box when it was reattached.

There's also an impression of some writing on the cover of the box.

Yeah... I'll be returning this.
Put paper on it and gently pass the graphite over it and tell us what it says. ;)

Best Buy priced matched this for me with little hassle. I got the 3G one, but it did not have a memory card with it. I am really impressed with remote play so far.

bread's done
Back