Wifi, 3G/Wi-Fi PS Vita $159.99 w/ FS @ Radio Shack

so wouldnt there be better deal on black friday or is this good?
Can't say yet since last year's AC vita bundle wasn't announced I think. I returned my wifi vita already and will be on the lookout for one on black friday. If there is no deal I guess I'll just but a used one off cowboom or something.

There probably will be deals on Vita systems on BF. Even if there aren't, you might be able to snag a used one for a good price from GS, CL, AWD, or other places. If you're considering a used one, my advice is to try to check it out in person before buying (if possible). I got a used but mint 3G Vita from GS using the 25% off preowned coupon, so it ended up being $137.xx plus tax. Of course if you can get a new Vita for a few bucks more, by all means get it to avoid potential problems. The OLED version is going to be around for a while, and GS has a LOT of used Vitas in stock, so you should be able to check over their used ones for a mint, unscratched unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that it's much good for anyone for much longer, but Best Buy totally let me price match this in-store. \(^_^)/ Been checking all day for RadioShack to get more, but around closing time I finally rushed over to Best Buy to try. Didn't matter it was an online only deal, or that it was out of stock. They were really great about it. Doubtful if many Best Buys are still open, but maybe in other people's timezones..? Just a thought.

how the hell did i miss this thread?? I was thinking of getting one for my cousin around BF, assumed theyd hit around 150 bucks or so. This is close enough. But i guess its too late since its ending today. I would have totally pmd this at BBY. *sigh* hopefully itll be this around cybermonday or something

It's more affordable, the design is nice, it is very portable, it has a great library of games, it has a nice resolution, it does not use a proprietary memory system, you can bring in your DS games and just play them on the console, and it runs very smoothly without a high end CPU. In other words, it is much more efficient at handheld gaming.
While I'd like to get a cheap used Vita as backup, I agree with him. 3DS has a better library of games right now and the non-proprietary memory is a huge plus. If I were to only have one system then I'd pick the 3DS. But I'd like to have both.

I really wish there was more info on that. Probably used. I'd love to know what it's coming with.
Nah, no way would a huge BF sale have used Vitas as part of the deal. This is most likely a new WiFi Vita, probably sold by Buy.com (Rakuten) or Newegg. Well worth the price at $150 for one of these great little handhelds. Last year Amazon had the white AC Vita bundle for $180 (on BF), so it isn't a stretch to see a plain WiFi for $150.

Amazon pulled their Walking Dead editions of Vitas this week. I'm hoping they're holding stock for a LD during Black Friday, but that's optimistic.

Amazon pulled their Walking Dead editions of Vitas this week. I'm hoping they're holding stock for a LD during Black Friday, but that's optimistic.
I really would have thought we'd see someone liquidating the Vitas to spur sales with the release of the PS4. Other than Radioshack, there hasn't been any.

I really would have thought we'd see someone liquidating the Vitas to spur sales with the release of the PS4. Other than Radioshack, there hasn't been any.
Why would they "liquidate" Vita systems at the exact time when demand for them is increasing? It's already pretty cheap at $199 (same price as the 3DS XL, but is far better). If anything Sony would be motivated to hold firm on the price, since demand is bound to increase due to remote play.

Why would they "liquidate" Vita systems at the exact time when demand for them is increasing? It's already pretty cheap at $199 (same price as the 3DS XL, but is far better). If anything Sony would be motivated to hold firm on the price, since demand is bound to increase due to remote play.
At the moment, it appears Amazon is not selling any Vita 1st hand, so they're holding stock for something. Remote play is nice, but it's not making people run to the stores for Vitas after dropping 4-500 bucks on a new PS4. Persuading through a BF sale makes sense.

At the moment, it appears Amazon is not selling any Vita 1st hand, so they're holding stock for something. Remote play is nice, but it's not making people run to the stores for Vitas after dropping 4-500 bucks on a new PS4. Persuading through a BF sale makes sense.
I sold my PS3 to BB for $100. If Amazon or BB does a decent Vita promotion I will pick up a Vita to go with my PS4. Mostly for remote play but also for Vita only games.

Not sure if I should go to BB today and get and pick up a $100 Amazon card or wait and see.

Gamestop is doing the Walking Dead bundle at 180. I'm hoping someone goes to 150. The extra savings goes to a Memory card if I buy one.

So, you think now that the Vita was cut to $199, Remote Play with PS4 is working well, Vita TV is out in Japan (and may be coming out in other territories), great games like KZ Mercenary, Tearaway, Batman, Injustice, etc. and free Vita games on PS+ are happening, demand is going to stay stagnant or go down? Makes sense.

EDIT: Here's just one article (Vita beat 3DS sales with the release of Vita TV, this article is dated yesterday):

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/11/20/japanese-sales-charts-ps-vita-beats-the-3ds-ps-vita-tv-debuts-strong/

Jesus Christ, mine is used as well. All seals have been cut open, with the exception of the central seal which has messed up the box when it was reattached.

There's also an impression of some writing on the cover of the box.

Yeah... I'll be returning this.
A postscript: I checked my order status today and it now shows the the products I ordered are "Open Box", final sale, no returns. Of course, there was no mention of any of that at the time I ordered, or in the order and shipping confirmation emails.

I'll give RadioShack this: It takes chutzpah to revise the description of an order after it is placed and shipped.

Done with these frauds.

bread's done
Back