Wii Super Paper Mario $30 @ EBGames (requires trip to Best Buy)

Zorn

CAGiversary!
This involves going to both Best Buy and EBgames. Here's what you do:

First, print off two of the "$5 off any Wii game" coupons here: http://img452.imageshack.us/my.php?image=coupons1hf5.jpg

Then, go into Best Buy, and pick up Open Season and Far Cry: Instincts. These games are both $19.99, and if you use the $5 off coupons on them they are $15 each. Note that you may have to buy one at the customer service counter then buy the other one at the regular register since the same person might not let you use 2 coupons at once. Plus as a bonus, if you're a RewardZone member, you get the points on those games.

Then go to EBgames, they have a promotion going on until 4/15 where if you trade in any 2 Wii games, you get one for free, maximum value $49.99. So you trade in your two newly acquired $15 games and walk out with a $50 Super Paper Mario. All done!

Sure, it takes going to two stores, but if where you live is anything like me, the EBgames and Best Buy are basically right next door to each other.

[quote name='kingsoby1']Nice... I called a manager at an EB nearby and she confirmed that she could take Open Season and Far Cry... of course, I got her name so I could go in later and do it. Super Paper Mario for 20$ here I come :).[/quote]

This is starting to give me hope that there was no such "exclusion update" email. You would THINK that managers would know about it.

[quote name='kingsoby1']Nice... I called a manager at an EB nearby and she confirmed that she could take Open Season and Far Cry... of course, I got her name so I could go in later and do it. Super Paper Mario for 20$ here I come :).[/quote]

where can you find those games for 10 each?

[quote name='newtype06']where can you find those games for 10 each?[/quote]

He prolly means $20 off, or $30 (for the game)

I was just able to do the deal.

You might wanna try this if they won't do the reserve. Use the trade in deal to buy a $50 game, then return it later and reserve the game. It's a bit more leg work, but you can get the game reserved today.

[quote name='kingsoby1']Yeah, I dont know what to think. She also said they would allow me to trade it in towards a pre order of SPM... heh[/quote]

Yeah, you got lucky on that one. I just think the guy I had didn't know how to do it. He started telling me that he couldn't do it without an SKU to scan, and I'm thinkin "but you have an SKU for pre-orders that come out soon". I just didn't feel like arguing with him. He was polite about it, and apologized for wasting my time. I just hope the next 24 hours don't screw me.

* Free PS3 games must be $59.99 or less. Free Wii games must be $49.99 or less. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Wii Play, Wii Sports, & demos not applicable towards offer. Offer not valid towards cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks. Offer expires. 4/15/07.

^Official gamespot disclaimer...so it does work hah! (just a matter of finding some cheap wii games...)

[quote name='newtype06']where can you find those games for 10 each?[/quote]BB near me has Open Season on clearance for 10$ and Farcry at the normal 20$... so I'm going to use 2 coupons and try to get them for 5$ and 15$.

If I did two orders through JR.com, it would be $11.94 x 2. Only problem is that I wonder if the games would arrive before 4/15 when the deal expires.

I'm going to best buy to see if I can find the games cheap. I'll take my friend so we can use two gamer cards and make this go quicker if the games are on sale that is...

[quote name='Foo228']* Free PS3 games must be $59.99 or less. Free Wii games must be $49.99 or less. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Wii Play, Wii Sports, & demos not applicable towards offer. Offer not valid towards cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks. Offer expires. 4/15/07.

^Official gamespot disclaimer...so it does work hah! (just a matter of finding some cheap wii games...)[/quote]

FYI, there is a small flyer in the stores ('bout 10 square inch) that explicitly states the trade-ins are subject to manager's discretion. Not sure what mileage you'd get by countering that with the online disclaimer though! :bouncy:

so i just saw a video review of super paper mario and it looks impressive to say the least

ill be honest...i wasn't looking forward to it, but the possible $30 pricetag and not-so-much rpg but moreover platformer make this game look a whole lot better

im not going to bother with the 2 game trade-in nonsense. i have a bunch of goozex points that need to be used so ill just wait a month or two before i can get the game most likely. whatevers beotches

Wow, a 6 page new thread for this! I guess the other two that have been going on for a week+ weren't enough :lol:.

Anyway, no change on the web site, so hopefully this email rumor (excluding Far Cry and Open Season) was false - or perhaps was just a specific restriction within one district or something.

I have been able to use this deal to preorder Super Paper Mario and Mario Party 8 (both times, at 2 different stores, they simply said "Why not?" when I asked if I could preorder with it). If only they had some of the other games available for preorder (SSBB, Mario Galaxy, Metroid, etc). I may try to get one more in for the Pokemon game and then switch it later if they add any of those others.

But I'll keep an eye on this thread (and the others ;)) to see if anything changes before I can get out again.

Open Season and Far Cry dropped to 20 dollars, each. So with the coupons you are paying 20 bucks for SM:p which is AWESOME.

I also have 10$ in Reward Zone rewards so I get it for 10!

[quote name='kmartbum001']If I did two orders through JR.com, it would be $11.94 x 2. Only problem is that I wonder if the games would arrive before 4/15 when the deal expires.

I'm going to best buy to see if I can find the games cheap. I'll take my friend so we can use two gamer cards and make this go quicker if the games are on sale that is...[/quote]

How do you get 11.94 per game? If i could get that price i'd just take the subway to jr and pick these up

[quote name='gobz']How do you get 11.94 per game? If i could get that price i'd just take the subway to jr and pick these up[/quote]

probably gco

[quote name='wadeshaqwalker']probably gco[/quote]

yep...its $19 a piece at jr(.com) but with google checkout u get the $10 off (both?)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Just tried at my local gamestop. They didn't have a problem taking Far Cry and Open Season, but they wouldn't do it for pre-orders. This leaves me waiting in fear, hoping I can scrape by another day so I can nab SPM tomorrow. I guess hope of reserving MP8 is gone though.[/QUOTE]

Yea same thing here, she said something about preorder, and I told her that doesn't really make sense, blah blah blah, so I was like ok give me SSX. Got SSX and returned it at another EbGames for SPM preorder. I'm pretty sure she just didn't know how to do the deal cause when she rung up SSX she thought the deal was automatic through the computer. She asked someone and they told her she had to override, so I know she was wrong for not letting me preorder. That bitch didn't know what she was doing and gave me some lame ass excuse.

[quote name='wadeshaqwalker']probably gco[/QUOTE]

Yea GCO, you can make mutliplt accounts. That's what I did.

I went to BB and they only had FarCry, last copy, used the coupon then went to FYE and got open season for 20. Traded them both in, sealed, went through a little pre-order dispute, but it went smoothly.

I also ordered the games through JR.com so I have another pre order to get... Hmm what should I get?

Bought Open Season and Far Cry at BB...saw 2 guys snatched up the PS3 systems (which doesn't even matter for right now).

Went to EB across the street, traded them in and got SPM pre-ordered, fully paid.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Just tried at my local gamestop. They didn't have a problem taking Far Cry and Open Season, but they wouldn't do it for pre-orders. This leaves me waiting in fear, hoping I can scrape by another day so I can nab SPM tomorrow. I guess hope of reserving MP8 is gone though.[/quote]
Then they either don't know what they're doing or are being lazy. They CAN do preorders. I did it just today, the guy called his manager to make sure he could do it for a preorder and the manager said YES. If you have another store in your area you may want to go to them instead unless you just want to wait it out.

This sucks ass, the Best Buy near me doesn't HAVE any $20 or under Wii games. Cheapest they've got is $29.99 games...

According to the site, the Best Buy near me doesn't have Open Season and Far Cry isn't even online...fuck, I really wanted this game. They're $20 new at EB...Any idea how much less it would be for used ones?

[quote name='DorianG']What if I already preordered Super Paper Mario? Can I still take advantage of this deal?[/quote]

Yes, tell them to move the $5 to something else and put the deal towards it.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']According to the site, the Best Buy near me doesn't have Open Season and Far Cry isn't even online...fuck, I really wanted this game. They're $20 new at EB...Any idea how much less it would be for used ones?[/QUOTE]

Probably $17.99 used before discounts and tax.

I tried trading two Open Season to EB but the man said I couldn't trade two of the same game in at the same time and offered me $10 in credit. So, I went and drove around town with my friend yelling "I've got Open Season(s)!"

[quote name='badramen']I tried trading two Open Season to EB but the man said I couldn't trade two of the same game in at the same time and offered me $10 in credit. So, I went and drove around town with my friend yelling "I've got Open Season(s)!"[/QUOTE]

thats really interesting dude.

really.

timing of this is perfect for me. I just got a RZ $10 off so I picked up Open Season and Far Cry for $20 total plus tax. Wish me luck at EB but it shouldn't be a problem...

Super sweet. Picked up 3 sets of the 2 games and traded for Wii Play at one store, Cooking Mama at another, and will probably be placing a reserve for SPM for tomorrow in a little while. Big thanks to whoever thought this one up.

people still finding a hard time finding these games? Just use the store locator. Anyone in nyc interest in flipping these games, go to 86 th and lexington in manhatten. Gamestop had 3 used Far Cry and Bestbuy nearby has some Open Season.

17.99 used
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=917015

17.99 used
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=917017

bestbuy store locator, far cry not listed in inventory
open season
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8141496&st=open+season&type=product&id=1158323614995

[quote name='fatbeer']people still finding a hard time finding these games? Just use the store locator. Anyone in nyc interest in flipping these games, go to 86 th and lexington in manhatten. Gamestop had 3 used Far Cry and Bestbuy nearby has some Open Season.

17.99 used
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=917015

17.99 used
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=917017
[/quote]
Hmmm, when I click on Open Season it's showing $34.99 used ... maybe all these people buying it used has caused it to appear as a hot item.

Damn, the BBs near me are WIPED out of Open Season.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Hmmm, when I click on Open Season it's showing $34.99 used ... maybe all these people buying it used has caused it to appear as a hot item.[/QUOTE]

No, they just haven't updated the site for some reason on that one. It will be $17.99 in store (only $16.19 after Edge). I've bought these at 2 different stores - marked $34.99 at one and $17.99 at the other. There seems to be no end to used Open Season's at BE/GS near me. Far Cry is a different matter.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Hmmm, when I click on Open Season it's showing $34.99 used ... maybe all these people buying it used has caused it to appear as a hot item.[/QUOTE]

it just the website, they update very slow. i saw both of these game instore today with 17.99 sticker.

This worked like a dream in Reno. The Gamestop guy even tried to get me to reserve NiGHTS for the Wii. What kind of CAG does he think I am?

Wait if it's $16 used in store, I can basically keep rebuying what I traded in to get $32 Wii games? Sounds COMPLETELY BROKEN.

Just got back from mine...it almost didn't go through until i told them to read the restrictions. After they had to manually override the price, the manager told the employees to just tell customers they don't take those two games anymore.

[quote name='RiskyChris']Wait if it's $16 used in store, I can basically keep rebuying what I traded in to get $32 Wii games? Sounds COMPLETELY BROKEN.[/QUOTE]

look at website name cheapassgamer. i have some growing concern in upcoming days for this tradin promotion since this is posted at fatwallet. Many people going to abuse this, soon or later gamestop coperation might actually catch on and fix this problem. I don't think it matter since they still got a bunch of clueless brain dead employees, they might overide anything

Just got back from trading in Far Cry and Open Season. $24 for SPM is quite the good deal. I played a couple hours into Far Cry and will probably buy the game once it hits around the $5 range, just to finish it off.

EDIT: At my EB they mentioned that they always had to do overides for the trade 2 get 1 deal.

[quote name='Rhl']This sucks ass, the Best Buy near me doesn't HAVE any $20 or under Wii games. Cheapest they've got is $29.99 games...[/quote]

Target has Open Season and Far Cry for $20 each.

Wait...how will SPM come out to $20, if you're buying 2 games @ Best Buy for $15 equaling to $30 and trading them for SPM @ EB??? Don't you mean: "Super Paper Mario for $30 PLUS TAX here I come"???

I almost didn't get it, as the EB employee said the trade in deal was over. I pointed him to their sign on the main window and then he apologized and did the deal. Thanks to the originators of this deal.

bread's done
Back