Wii U bundles live on Newegg

So I checked newegg.com about an hour ago and noticed that my bundle, which had already been charged and was in "packaging" status like everyone else's order, had been voided.

I called customer service just now and according to the rep, their entire Wii U stock was from a 3rd party warehouse, which apparently "provided inaccurate information to newegg". Delving a little deeper the CS stated that the 3rd party warehouses that newegg uses apparently just provide newegg with a # of units, but, you know, don't actually hold those units for newegg, so they assume the units were sold to another retailer before the warehouse got confirmation.

The end result is my order's been cancelled, despite the fact that I was charged near $600 with tax & shipping, and the kicker is they say the chargeback won't be effective for about 5 days. The newegg deal stopped me from camping for a few hours as well, and in my area from what i've been told supplies were enough so people were able to grab them on day 1 without issue. Hurrah....

Anyway, anyone who ordered may want to double check to see if they're screwed.

That sucks man. Mine still says "Packaging" but like I said, I received the shipping email so I think I'm good. I'm surprised that kind of problem would come out of Newegg, I've never had any bad experiences with them before.

Mine is still in packaging stage. No email yet.

Update: Just received shipment confirmation and tracking number email minutes after I posted this.

Mine is voided I'm on the phone with customer service bitching. I just got a email this morning saying my order would be processed etc etc. Now the rep is saying they are closed Saturday & Sunday so they wouldn't have been packaging. So complained to a manager about it which does nothing but explained they screwed people with this deal and how we can't replace these units from stores since it's sold out. Wow that is shit service.

The rep I talked to emailed accounting to make sure they drop the charge, whatever that means.

edit: did you guys get emails they cancelled? They can't even provide notification they did this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine still says Packaging but I got an email from NewEgg saying that it was shipped. NewEgg really dropped the ball on this for some people. I hope those that had their orders voided will be able to find a Wii-U in the wild.

I just checked my account as I still had not received a shipping confirmation to find out that they "Voided" my transaction and cancelled the order.

This is after I received order confirmation on Friday night and my CC was charged. Very angry right now.

[quote name='Avenged']This is after I received order confirmation on Friday night and my CC was charged. Very angry right now.[/QUOTE]

That's what pisses me off they have the order "verification" period where it's supposed to verify stock etc I assume. So they go ahead and charge without looking it sounds like. Then make everyone wait 3-5 days for the charge to drop off. fuck

[quote name='PaulDE01']I was going by their phone hours of operation which is:

Phone Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 05:30 AM - 07:00 PM PST
Saturday - Sunday: Closed
800-390-1119

Plus they state also on their site that they do not ship on weekends:

http://help.newegg.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/380/kw/weekend shipping[/QUOTE]

that is their phone hours.. and like I said, yes they do not physically ship the item because that is impossible, UPS is closed, but they package it and they print the label.

Like I just said I got an email on Sunday that my Wii U games were shipped.. now they either did all the work Friday and then just decided to email me sunday (which is nonsensical), or they actually do some work on saturday/sunday and print the labels and package them for them to be given to UPS on monday

[quote name='Sizzler7']edit: did you guys get emails they cancelled? They can't even provide notification they did this?[/QUOTE]

Nope, and beyond the fact that I was charged prematurely, I think that's what bother's me most about this whole mess. If we didn't look at the website we'd all still assume it was in transit.

I think i'm done with newegg permanently, i'm not one to hold a grudge against a retailer most of the time, but I find this particularly egregious.

[quote name='Oceaniax']Nope, and beyond the fact that I was charged prematurely, I think that's what bother's me most about this whole mess. If we didn't look at the website we'd all still assume it was in transit.

I think i'm done with newegg permanently, i'm not one to hold a grudge against a retailer most of the time, but I find this particularly egregious.[/QUOTE]

Agreed this is my 2nd and last order calling them now and going to 3 way in my bank to have the bank drop the pending charge I'm not going to let it drop manually screw these people.

edit: So they refuse to tell my bank they cancelled my order they don't want to call them with me they said we will "expedite" your refund which should only take 24-48hrs. So anyone in this voided situation call ask for a manager and tell them to expedite your refund because they can't count. Which is what I've told two managers now.

Understood that was their phone hours but between that and they don't ship on weekends made me state what I said in an earlier post. Anyway, they probably did what you said in regards to doing some work to handle the orders they processed. Anyway I am done with Newegg.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']that is their phone hours.. and like I said, yes they do not physically ship the item because that is impossible, UPS is closed, but they package it and they print the label.

Like I just said I got an email on Sunday that my Wii U games were shipped.. now they either did all the work Friday and then just decided to email me sunday (which is nonsensical), or they actually do some work on saturday/sunday and print the labels and package them for them to be given to UPS on monday[/QUOTE]

For those who got screwed over, I hope you find a system as soon as possible. A friend of mine bought 2 deluxe systems and is selling me one at cost. Anyway good luck.

Just got off the phone with newegg. They told me that there was nothing they could do, but I made sure they knew how angry I was and that if they ever want to do business with me again they should contact me and let me know what they can do for me.

I can just see a pallet of Wii U's sitting in the warehouse with Newegg employees names on them.

Guess I wont have a Wii U until after the holidays, thanks Newegg.

[quote name='Avenged']Just got off the phone with newegg. They told me that there was nothing they could do, but I made sure they knew how angry I was and that if they ever want to do business with me again they should contact me and let me know what they can do for me.

I can just see a pallet of Wii U's sitting in the warehouse with Newegg employees names on them.

Guess I wont have a Wii U until after the holidays, thanks Newegg.[/QUOTE]

Yeah at this point I'm not going out of my way to get one I went to BB yesterday and got a Pro controller and a screen protector. I'm returning them both tomorrow I give up. I'll get one sometime but this just put me off. Customer service was the same with me they offered no help or solutions. I wrote a lengthy email not rude or nasty but that will probably go nowhere. Oh well nothing we can do at this point.

For those that have a tracking number, are u guys still getting "We do not yet have any record of the tracking number you've entered. Please try again later." Im worried that it wont come on time for thanksgiving. My package apparently shipped around 10:30 am pacific time but still no update on the tracker.

[quote name='killerthrust']For those that have a tracking number, are u guys still getting "We do not yet have any record of the tracking number you've entered. Please try again later." Im worried that it wont come on time for thanksgiving. My package apparently shipped around 10:30 am pacific time but still no update on the tracker.[/QUOTE]

I got a tracking number with my order (phew!) but it also said that I cannot check the shipping until 8pm PST. Therefore, that would be three hours later than when I am typing this (I am on the East Coast).

Glad I got my order. I am feeling lucky. Sorry for others who got screwed. Odd for NewEgg to make this screw-up. Has this happened before with them? Just wondering is this was a one-off OOPS more common with these guys.

[quote name='marcand']I got a tracking number with my order (phew!) but it also said that I cannot check the shipping until 8pm PST. Therefore, that would be three hours later than when I am typing this (I am on the East Coast).

Glad I got my order. I am feeling lucky. Sorry for others who got screwed. Odd for NewEgg to make this screw-up. Has this happened before with them? Just wondering is this was a one-off OOPS more common with these guys.[/QUOTE]

They're typically on the ball, but they seem to be handling this situation poorly.

If you guys got tracking numbers you should be good to go you may not get it by Thanksgiving but hey Friday isn't far off. Glad you guys got something at least they didn't totally lie like some retailers did.

So I think this is the last time I ever deal with newegg and their bullshit... I got a tracking number and saw the ship time, but noticed my account is still on packaging. Since the number should work I contacted them and the rep was telling me that the tracking number means they're waiting for UPS pickup and that "ship time" mentioned in the email simply meant the tracking number was generated. So pretty much... I got charged right off the bat to sit in limbo, fantastic...

[quote name='admiralvic']So I think this is the last time I ever deal with newegg and their bullshit... I got a tracking number and saw the ship time, but noticed my account is still on packaging. Since the number should work I contacted them and the rep was telling me that the tracking number means they're waiting for UPS pickup and that "ship time" mentioned in the email simply meant the tracking number was generated. So pretty much... I got charged right off the bat to sit in limbo, fantastic...[/QUOTE]

dude, every company ships that way with ups. That why most include a, "tracking number may not work for xx amount of hours note".

This is the longest I have ever had to wait for UPS to update the tracking info. NewEgg still does not list the product as shipped even though I got the shipping email at 10 am.

[quote name='edson13']dude, every company ships that way with ups. That why most include a, "tracking number may not work for xx amount of hours note".[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WViking']This is the longest I have ever had to wait for UPS to update the tracking info. NewEgg still does not list the product as shipped even though I got the shipping email at 10 am.[/QUOTE]

^ that is where my anger comes from.

[quote name='Woocls']Only a value if you need one for Christmas and want all the games in the package. It's probably your last chance to grab one at retail before Christmas though...[/QUOTE]

Honestly, there are stacks of these things at local stores here (if you need one, I really suggest checking target). I think this system will do well, but it ain't gonna be a Wii without that universal piece of software like Wii Sports, and Nintendoland is not it.

I still may go grab one, I really want Zombiu, I love rogue-likes and I love survival horror games. Really compelling, and I'll need one for Pikmin and Bayonetta 2 anyway.

The major thing keeping me away is the battery in the controller... ugh, 1500 mAh, three hours of life, christ almighty Nintendo.

[quote name='WViking']Three hours of battery life is it???[/QUOTE]

Three hours is the average battery life of the Wii U Gamepad, the battery in it is purposefully dinky, weaker than what's in the 3DS XL even and it doesn't even fill up half the compartment, so I assume their plan is to sell you a stamina battery down the line.

That's really my major complaint, anything else can be ironed out or ignored, for my purposes with the machine, but I'm a kind of guy who doesn't play their consoles often then marathons them on occasion, so this concerns me.

[quote name='Meringue']Three hours is the average battery life of the Wii U Gamepad, the battery in it is purposefully dinky, weaker than what's in the 3DS XL even and it doesn't even fill up half the compartment, so I assume their plan is to sell you a stamina battery down the line.

That's really my major complaint, anything else can be ironed out or ignored, for my purposes with the machine, but I'm a kind of guy who doesn't play their consoles often then marathons them on occasion, so this concerns me.[/QUOTE]

yea that's one of my biggest complaints too... ofcourse they made it weak so they will improve it with the next version

Nice shipped yesterday 11/19 with a expected delivery date of Monday the 26th. So much for three day shipping.

Done with egg

[quote name='boostsaves']Nice shipped yesterday 11/19 with a expected delivery date of Monday the 26th. So much for three day shipping.

Done with egg[/QUOTE]

So you had to pay for shipping and it's not even 3 day? I would call and complain to at least get your shipping back that sucks.

[quote name='boostsaves']Nice shipped yesterday 11/19 with a expected delivery date of Monday the 26th. So much for three day shipping.

Done with egg[/QUOTE]

better than me...

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

[quote name='admiralvic']better than me...[/QUOTE]

well I guess I mis-understood what the tracking email ment. I guess a shipping label was printed out at 6pm yesterday. So my Wii u was ordered Friday night boxed up and spent all day Monday sitting there for no reason. It's Tuesday morning and guess what shipping label still printed.

What a joke.

Just spoke to a rep from newegg about my system shipping on Monday the 27th. They said it is due to UPS not shipping on Thurs (Thanksgiving) or Friday (I have no idea). So they count the day after "Shipped" as the first day. So even though a normal person would count three day shipping as the day the item is listed a "Shipping" (Monday), a day in transit (Tuesday), and then delivery (Wednesday). Though won't deliver it until Monday of the following week. That is a week and a day for 3 day shipping. Bunch of crap.

Well it all depends on where you located. Luckily for us in the east coast, there's a newegg center very near. So usually newegg has been very kind to us (at least to us New Yorkers). Ordered on Saturday, shipped on Monday and due deliver on Wednesday.

Now one thing wan to mention is that my order status still says 'packaging' but I received a separate email yesterday with the ups tracking number. So check your email to see your status.

Some of you have very unrealistic expectations of Newegg.. like they can influence UPS and the space time continuum. You order a product Saturday, knowing its not released until Sunday, and nobody actually ships stuff on Sunday. Starting Monday, they have three days, which places the items on Thankgiving, which nothing is delivered. The soonest you will get a three day is Firday.

UPS 2012 Holiday Schedule
In the United States, UPS observes the following holidays:

Memorial Day - May 28, 2012*
Independence Day - July 4, 2012*
Labor Day - September 3, 2012*
Thanksgiving Day - November 22, 2012*
Day after Thanksgiving - November 23, 2012**
Christmas - December 25, 2012*
New Year's Eve - December 31, 2012**
New Year's Day - January 1, 2013*

So you arent getting it Friday, its a UPS holiday, and you are not getting it Saturday without a special order type. With all the holiday stuff being ordered, feel lucky if you get it Monday.

I paid the one day shipping guessing that was the only way I would get it before Thanksgiving. good luck on two day shippers. This is not Neweggs fault, its your fault for not considering how the real world ships. You can quit Newegg, but you will find that every company in the world will run the same way over holidays.

Don't get discouraged about tracking information. Newegg updates once their retailers send them the information, and UPS is notorious for lack of useful updates. I have received tons of things in the mail before they even notified me it was shipped. My tracking information says estimated delivery time today, and still waiting for item from the shipper.

My sister ordered the Deluxe bundle. The order was cancelled by Newegg because there was not sufficient stock to fulfill some of the orders. I can understand that. However, Newegg never contacted her at all about the cancellation. She contacted Newegg to inquire about the status of her order because it was no longer listed in the order history section of her account. Only then was she informed the order had been cancelled. She was also charged in full for the order. It will take between 3-5 business days for her to receive a refund which will probably be the beginning of next week. This is poor customer service by Newegg. She was offered a $10 gift card for the inconvenience, but she declined.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Some of you have very unrealistic expectations of Newegg.. like they can influence UPS and the space time continuum. You order a product Saturday, knowing its not released until Sunday, and nobody actually ships stuff on Sunday. Starting Monday, they have three days, which places the items on Thankgiving, which nothing is delivered. The soonest you will get a three day is Firday.

UPS 2012 Holiday Schedule
In the United States, UPS observes the following holidays:

Memorial Day - May 28, 2012*
Independence Day - July 4, 2012*
Labor Day - September 3, 2012*
Thanksgiving Day - November 22, 2012*
Day after Thanksgiving - November 23, 2012**
Christmas - December 25, 2012*
New Year's Eve - December 31, 2012**
New Year's Day - January 1, 2013*

So you arent getting it Friday, its a UPS holiday, and you are not getting it Saturday without a special order type. With all the holiday stuff being ordered, feel lucky if you get it Monday.

I paid the one day shipping guessing that was the only way I would get it before Thanksgiving. good luck on two day shippers. This is not Neweggs fault, its your fault for not considering how the real world ships. You can quit Newegg, but you will find that every company in the world will run the same way over holidays.[/QUOTE]
It's amazing how few people understand this... and how demanding people who waited until the last day to "pre-order" can be. It's all because society made us tell every kid they were special. So now we have an entire population who feels like the world revolves around them.

My mom saids I is speshuls.

But yeah, its easier for people to rage about stuff than try to understand how simple things work I guess. Holidays always screw up delivery time.

[quote name='Woocls']It's amazing how few people understand this... and how demanding people who waited until the last day to "pre-order" can be. It's all because society made us tell every kid they were special. So now we have an entire population who feels like the world revolves around them.[/QUOTE]

This and the thing you quoted.

[quote name='Woocls']It's amazing how few people understand this... and how demanding people who waited until the last day to "pre-order" can be. It's all because society made us tell every kid they were special. So now we have an entire population who feels like the world revolves around them.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone is crying in their soup yes people are disappointed and came here to talk about it and compare stories. You posting this did nothing but becoming a whining child yourself and your not teaching anyone a lesson with your BS story there. Think beyond yourself for a minute maybe we had circumstances why we couldn't "pre-order" before so that doesn't mean we should settle for second class service because of it. They posted a product and said it would be shipped in 3 days which everyone paid for. Holiday delayed shipping is understandable I'm not talking about that part just the situation in general.

A lot of people lack the money, some lack the time to find one and others found out their kid really wanted one. There are plenty of valid reasons, hey mine was that I needed one to pay for my preorder. In the end, with orders getting canceled, people getting carded early and conflicting information... people get worried. In my case I like a simpler operation (I even told them if they didn't charge me till Monday, I would have been okay). In the end, I am getting mine tomorrow, so I got 1 day shipping even though I paid for 3, well played Newegg lol.

[quote name='Sizzler7']I don't think anyone is crying in their soup yes people are disappointed and came here to talk about it and compare stories. You posting this did nothing but becoming a whining child yourself and your not teaching anyone a lesson with your BS story there. Think beyond yourself for a minute maybe we had circumstances why we couldn't "pre-order" before so that doesn't mean we should settle for second class service because of it. They posted a product and said it would be shipped in 3 days which everyone paid for. Holiday delayed shipping is understandable I'm not talking about that part just the situation in general.[/QUOTE]

not really if you at all have followed new electronic releases in the past 12 years it is fairly well established new shiny toys like these sell out pretty fast. not to mention with the lack of Wii U ads you kind of have to follow video games to even know about it. if you want the newest shiny toy like a console or and iphone 5 especially in the week of release you really should plan that crap ahead of time.

and really no one is crying? this thread is full of crying.

[quote name='Sizzler7']I don't think anyone is crying in their soup yes people are disappointed and came here to talk about it and compare stories. You posting this did nothing but becoming a whining child yourself and your not teaching anyone a lesson with your BS story there. Think beyond yourself for a minute maybe we had circumstances why we couldn't "pre-order" before so that doesn't mean we should settle for second class service because of it. They posted a product and said it would be shipped in 3 days which everyone paid for. Holiday delayed shipping is understandable I'm not talking about that part just the situation in general.[/QUOTE]
But that's the thing... you're not getting treated with second class service. Everyone has to do deal with the holiday. If you'd pre-ordered ahead of time they'd have been able to send it out for "release day" (which had to be monday because mail doesn't run on sunday). What you and others are expecting goes into fantasy... Thinking you'll get special shipping without paying for it?

I still have no tracking information. I just want to know when the damn thing will get here so I know when I have to be home.

bread's done
Back