Will Rocko and I meet up for an OTT photo shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Temporaryscars']Nicholas Cage has times when he's good and times where he's bad. I've never seen good Denzel or Travolta.[/QUOTE]

I liked Nicolas Cage a lot when I was younger, but all of his movies since National Treasure suck (including National Treasure). I thought Matchstick Men was a role made on who he should have been, but instead someone thought he would be a good actor.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I heard it was pretty heavy-handed with the religious bullshit.[/QUOTE]

The stories narrative has an interesting take on it that even the most ardent atheists I know thought redeeming, the film is just as 'preachy' (if not more so) about people who abuse and exploit religion for their own personal motives.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']So, all the stairs in my house has carpet on it, which I hate, so I pulled it up and installed new treads and risers over them. What do you think?

Ignore the top riser, I still have to finish that part.

P1010056.jpg
[/QUOTE]

lookin good.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I heard it was pretty heavy-handed with the religious bullshit.[/QUOTE]

I'm Agnostic. Didnt bother be me at all. I look at Christianity the same way I look at Greek mythology.

[quote name='zewone']I'm Agnostic. Didnt bother be me at all. I look at Christianity the same way I look at Greek mythology.[/QUOTE]

I feel similarly.

I went to a filipino-catholic wedding last weekend and that shit made me laugh and freaked me out at the same time. Seeing people hold hands and chant was crazy. I never really thought about it before, but I don't really see how getting rid of all the fresh water to get people wasted is a good thing, either, considering how much they hate on drinking.

I'll tell you this much, opening a restaurant in Boston and having Chef Ramsay just show up to check on you is stressful but rewarding. Like passing a stone.

Here's how it works with me and Bethesda games: 1. I play it, don't like it, then stop. 2. I play it again, get a little further, then stop. 3. Start again, love it and can't stop playing it. that's me with fallout 3 right now.

[quote name='munch']Here's how it works with me and Bethesda games: 1. I play it, don't like it, then stop. 2. I play it again, get a little further, then stop. 3. Start again, love it and can't stop playing it. that's me with fallout 3 right now.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I'm going through the exact same thing with Fallout: New Vegas (OK, technically it's Obsidian but meh). Did the same thing with Oblivion (ended up playing over 150 hours) and Morrowind.

Here's how I am: Love it so much that I go everywhere in the world, collect everything, and do every side mission but neglect the main story and never actually finish the game. :(

I would play Fallout nonstop and foresake everything else if they kept releasing new games.

[quote name='munch']Here's how it works with me and Bethesda games: 1. I play it, don't like it, then stop. 2. I play it again, get a little further, then stop. 3. Start again, love it and can't stop playing it. that's me with fallout 3 right now.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I've been getting that way with JRPGs, and I'm sloooooooooowly working on them. I'm still powering through FFIV and still slogging through Legend of Heroes Trails in the sky. I'll get there, but I've been crazy busy lately.

[quote name='Maklershed']Here's how I am: Love it so much that I go everywhere in the world, collect everything, and do every side mission but neglect the main story and never actually finish the game. :(

I would play Fallout nonstop and foresake everything else if they kept releasing new games.[/QUOTE]

i wasnt like that with fallout 3. spent 200 hours on it straight. but with new vegas which i stated playing last week, i sorta have less interest because its more or less the same game.

Sorry I kind of disappeared, Sean. Everything got really hectic and the car was never really available and I was barely really on here. Sorry man. D:

I hope that's true for me. I completed the second step like a year ago. Maybe it's time to try again.

If that is true, I should reattempt Oblivion then. I enjoyed Morrowind, but Oblivion just didn't do it for me my first go around.

Also, I know already I'm going to regret volunteering for Friday. She was looking for people to come in at 4am. THAT is going to suck. But I needed the hours this week and I can sleep on the weekend at least. Or buy a case of red bull*.

*energy drink that isn't red bull.

My Whori Ex 2 Turbo arrived today. Improved my mortal kombat significantly. The dpad makes a HUGE difference. I recommend it to those who want to learn the game.

That amazing moment when local mom and pop business loyalty pays off. I shop at a local yogurt shop owned by a young couple on a daily basis, so now they are bringing me yogurt because I'm high as shit.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I'll tell you this much, opening a restaurant in Boston and having Chef Ramsay just show up to check on you is stressful but rewarding. Like passing a stone.[/QUOTE]

Way to go man:applause: When he said you weren't emotional enough on the show, he said it like it was a bad thing. I mean, for filming a TV show I guess it IS a bad thing, but for someone running a restaurant, I'd think that was a good thing. Cool under pressure, keep your head about you, that kind of thing is something I'd look for in an employee in a busy restaurant.

Speaking of restaurants, I had a chicken cordon bleu soup that was amazing. Very thick and creamy, very cheesy without being too greasy/fatty/heavy. I've tried making it myself, but I can't get it as thick, white and creamy. Any suggestions (other than the obvious)?

[quote name='JStryke']Sonuva-figures a month after I get a new phone and start doing monthly plans, they pull this crap:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2388441,00.asp

At least they're doing grandfathering it looks like, so that's a plus.[/QUOTE]

It's all garbage. There aren't any good carriers anymore. Every plan is overpriced and/or gimped. What's the point of cutting edge technology when we can't even take advantage of it?

I see ISPs following the same path.

Morning, OTT.

A sad state of affairs when you get my "Morning, OTT"s on the same page (let alone 13 posts apart).

I am disappoint.

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.

A sad state of affairs when you get my "Morning, OTT"s on the same page (let alone 13 posts apart).

I am disappoint.[/QUOTE]

Quiet you.

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.

I am disappoint.[/QUOTE]

The old days are gone man...

With jolietjake gone and stinkin linkin being rightfully forced out as a mod we don't have any one to shit on. Those were half our posts in the old days.

Shrike isn't an OTT nazi any more, wubb isn't a fucking psycho any more, LinkinPrime finally got kicked out as a mod, jake and darthpuma are gone.

There is zero entertainment left.

[quote name='munch']With jolietjake gone and stinkin linkin being rightfully forced out as a mod we don't have any one to shit on. Those were half our posts in the old days.[/QUOTE]

Well you called for Digital Phoenix's head a little too quick. You could have screwed with that guy for months until he exploded just like the old days.

Ha, rocko that reminds when we were going through the dark ages and I called Shrike the head of the cheapstopo and he got super pissed. Out of all the comments we ever said that one apparently made him fly into a rage somehow.

Ooooohhh the good ol days.

It still cracks me up when I go into my user options and see two "infractions" for "Facilitating Game Piracy" from wubb. It makes it so blatantly obvious that he was just doing shit because he could.

I have a signature violation from wubb and another one from guinavere that was for not discussion gaming in the GGT. After that one I started reporting every off-topic post in the GGT and yet somehow they didn't get attacked like I did...

Ha infractions. They don't exist anymore right?

I wish all of us could tag yet. Nothing better than seeing some funny tags. I'm not sure what they're for other than searching which doesn't seem to work right anyway. Does anyone uppins search tags?

[quote name='Rocko']After that one I started reporting every off-topic post in the GGT and yet somehow they didn't get attacked like I did...[/QUOTE]

I haven't read through that thread in awhile but it used to be nothing but an OTT thread with a lot of weeaboos. Occasionally you might see a post here or there about games but it was usually like "microsoft sucks!" or "I love this new JRPG for the Wii!"

Remember that time when DP freaked out cause he got his gf pregnant (I think that's what happened) and then a couple of hours later admitted it was all a lie cause he was bored being in a hotel room?

Yeah, fuck him.

Remember that one time at like 2AM when DP took a sip of wine cooler for the first time and pretended to be drunk?

Just got Branded to Kill in from Barnes and Noble's Criterion sale. Have Cronos and Homicide on the way. That brings me to 23 titles plus the Nikkatsu Noir Eclipse set. Not a lot, but a nice little collection. :']

I almost died riding my bike two miles to get some milk and weed yesterday. 100 degrees with crazy humidity today too. Fuuuuuuuck.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I almost died riding my bike two miles to get some milk and weed yesterday. 100 degrees with crazy humidity today too. Fuuuuuuuck.[/QUOTE]

Milk? and weed? Ever have 'em together? Does it makes you throw up or get the shits?

So while I was having some internet issues the past two days I thought it's a fine time to play some games on Steam; only to find out you need an internet connection to play no matter what. That kind of blew my mind and wasn't very convenient.

Also I felt bad for bitching out the guy that came out to fix the internet (turns out it was something to do with the wire down the way). I know it isn't his fault but it bothers me to no end that where my house is located in the poorer neighborhood I am in that 3 mbps is the max we can get and that is just barely. fucking cheap bastards.

Tomorrow is GOING TO SUCK. If I go to bed tonight at 8, that's still only 6 hours of sleep since I have to be in at work at 4am to unload a truck and we'll be there until at least 1.

The other thing I'm not a fan of is getting more hours. Yes, 10 is too few...but 37 hours a week...I'm going to miss the days of 25 hours a week. Felt like I could get more stuff done then.

[quote name='Maklershed']

I haven't read through that thread in awhile but it used to be nothing but an OTT thread with a lot of weeaboos. Occasionally you might see a post here or there about games but it was usually like "microsoft sucks!" or "I love this new JRPG for the Wii!"[/QUOTE]

The GGT thread seems to be nothing more than a discussion of fighting games and inside wink, wink jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back