Winter is Coming, OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother's buying Mass Effect 3 so I got to wait a bit to play it. But I'm in the middle of Skyrim anyways so it's cool.

Where are you in skyrim? I'm level 26 and have barely played the main quest. Over completed the companions guild and mages guild. Im going thieves right now.

I just ordered a ME3 collector's edition from amazon right now. I'm going to sit on it for a while and sell it once the market works itself out.

Munch for the love of god do not sell or drop the guild armor that they give you when you start doing thieves guild quest. If you do you will never be able to finish that quest line.

Skyrim was good but started to become a chore down the line....cant complain too much because I went about 50 hours before I felt worn out on it. I dare say Oblivion was far more interesting to play.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Munch for the love of god do not sell or drop the guild armor that they give you when you start doing thieves guild quest. If you do you will never be able to finish that quest line.

Skyrim was good but started to become a chore down the line....cant complain too much because I went about 50 hours before I felt worn out on it. I dare say Oblivion was far more interesting to play.[/QUOTE]

I traded it for the better one. That's ok, right?

[quote name='munch']Where are you in skyrim? I'm level 26 and have barely played the main quest. Over completed the companions guild and mages guild. Im going thieves right now.[/QUOTE]
Level 41. Finished companions, middle of mages and at the start of thieves but I want to build up my pickpocket (29) so I'll do those later. Done of few daedric quest and those are hella fun. For the main quest I'm still in the early part of it but I think I'm going to focus on it now.

[quote name='munch']I traded it for the better one. That's ok, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

I used the Thieves' Guild armor for a majority of the time (in pieces) until I got the Nightengale armor. And I upgraded it every chance they gave me. (Twice, I think.)

DT, don't focus on the main quest until you've at least done the Civil War questline to resolution, that is if you want all the achievements.

[quote name='DT778']Civil war not part of the main quest?

edit: Nevermind, dragons are the main quest.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Stormcloak vs. Imperial will be lost if you go too far in main quest. (Ending of Seasons or something like that).

[quote name='seanr1221']No armor can touch my daedric armor smithed to legendary status.[/QUOTE]

I just made the Nightengale armor legendary... I preferred light armor, without a doubt.

I used Light Armor on my first character and it was alright, but I preferred Heavy Armor in the end.
Blades Armor
was the best looking IMO and you can make Heavy Armor weigh nothing near the end of the perk tree.

So...fuck. I don't know whether to open my regular copy of Mass Effect or not? I want to play today, but my collector's will be here tomorrow.

Resale shouldn't be that bad. I guess I'll open it.

I picked up my CE preorder at BBy and it had not just one or two- but four pieces of fucking tape, placed directly on the paper cover, holding my print out on it. Are these not shrink wrapped? It's the only one I've seen in person.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I picked up my CE preorder at BBy and it had not just one or two- but four pieces of fucking tape, placed directly on the paper cover, holding my print out on it. Are these not shrink wrapped? It's the only one I've seen in person.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was a little ticked when the CSR ripped the tape off and it ripped the cover. So I asked for a different one, and he had to haul his fat a$$ in the back and get another when I refused it.

[quote name='Number83']Yeah, I was a little ticked when the CSR ripped the tape off and it ripped the cover. So I asked for a different one, and he had to haul his fat a$$ in the back and get another when I refused it.[/QUOTE]

I asked for another but when they checked the cage, and then back, they told me It was the last copy. Everytime I do an ISPU I get a CS survey; They've done this to my movie slipcases before but this time I think I'm going to mention it to them. (As if they give a fuck.)

I have no attachment to my virtual goods. I went 50 hours while only being encumbered 3 or 4 times. I dont even bother selling stuff, if its not rare or better than my current weapon I dont even pick it up.

Wait, why are you guys buying extra copies of ME3? Is it just about selling them to make money......that kinda baffles me.

I don't get it. I'm pretty sure I've heard this here before, but with the time/transport cost people spend hoarding every copy of something they can get their hands on, they could just work for half a day. I guess some people get a thrill out of it, but it's really not worth it and it makes you a giant douche.

[quote name='Eviltude']I don't get it. I'm pretty sure I've heard this here before, but with the time/transport cost people spend hoarding every copy of something they can get their hands on, they could just work for half a day. I guess some people get a thrill out of it, but it's really not worth it and it makes you a giant douche.[/QUOTE]

If you're there buying one for yourself, or you can order like 5 online... you can make a ton of profit for doing absolutely nothing.

If you're a nice guy, you don't charge obscene markup.
If you're a douche, you bend people over.

I remember a couple years ago, I picked up a few DS lites to sell for Christmas when people were having trouble finding them in stores. I think I sold them at like a 20-30 markup, for my time and effort and was happy to think that some kid somewhere was going to get a DS for Christmas when otherwise they might not have.

There's no way it's worth trying to flip for a living though... but if the opportunity is there..

I had it. It was the worst service of anything I have ever had and customer service was a joke. Cancelled in November and they still owe me $200, but I've come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to see it.

[quote name='Eviltude']I understand buying one or two extras if it's convenient, but to snag a baker's dozen is just ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

The closest I ever did to douchebag hoarding was when I was abusing the GS trade-in promos and cleaning out local HWV to get enough fodder to trade into the several GS in the area. God, those were the days, I kind of miss them. I think $50 seed money or so got me Gears of War 2 LE, a Gears 2 LE I sold to Rocko for cost, a few more I sold for around $85-$90, and enough trade-in credit to get a MadCatz SF4 TE FightStick.

The best part was I was only clearing out everything once they were picked over too. I wonder how much I could've scored if I had been one of the first people into those sales.

[quote name='Trakan']Does anyone have ATT U-Verse? Thoughts on it? Is it shit?[/QUOTE]

We had it for 18 months and we liked it.

The broadband service was good for us, not great, it performed on par with the top tier DSL we had prior. Its performance was only slightly inferior to the FiOs we have now (less speed but better ping response with Uverse). We had some complications with a VPN but we found a work-around.

The gateway device was good, not great. . . but loads better than the POS device from Verizon (which is the worst performing wireless device I've ever used- in every aspect: Range, throughput, QoS, you name it.)

The HD television and DVR were the features we liked best. Being able to record multiple HD streams and still being able to watch a different HD channel blows FiOs out of the water ( Fios limits you to two HD streams max, which may or may not bother you- but having kids and DVRing two "grown up programs" means watching a low def channel).

The cable box we had was phenomenal, it was fast enough to allow you to "flip channels" with instantaneous results- Something I haven't been able to do since the 90's- and I miss it now that we're with Fios.

All that being said, I do believe the Uverse experience varies greatly and depends on their local infrastructure. I would ask someone nearby with it how their experience is.

FWIW, we never had bad CS with their support except for an event following my landscaper cutting the line when he trenched for our retaining wall. Every other time was a quick fix after a typical 20-30 minute phone wait.

Supply and demand. If you have the supply, and the demand is there, then by all means, profit on it. It's not something I partake in myself because I have a pretty steady paycheck, but if I didn't, it would probably be a pretty good way to cover my bills.

[quote name='Trakan']Does anyone have ATT U-Verse? Thoughts on it? Is it shit?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Ugamer_X']Wow, the Uverse picture quality for SD is straight up garbitch. Like, 256kbps streaming video bad. HD is better, but still noticeably worse than OTA.[/QUOTE]

Watching the Knicks game right now on NBA TV. It's in "HD" but it does not look good. Macroblocking is out of control during any action.

I just don't get how you can make a ton of profit in flipping a brand new game. Seems like you would be loosing money. I know we are cags so we get things fairly cheap, I got mass effect for 40 through some creative coupons but even with that I would need to sell 5 of them to make 100 bucks. I just dot see how it works unless you are convincing people to pay well over the asking price but even that I can't see because the supply is there. I mean if that's your thing I have no real problem with it i am just confused.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I just don't get how you can make a ton of profit in flipping a brand new game. Seems like you would be loosing money. I know we are cags so we get things fairly cheap, I got mass effect for 40 through some creative coupons but even with that I would need to sell 5 of them to make 100 bucks. I just dot see how it works unless you are convincing people to pay well over the asking price but even that I can't see because the supply is there. I mean if that's your thing I have no real problem with it i am just confused.[/QUOTE]

CEs sell out quickly.

Morning, OTT.

I just had a bowl of Dulce de Leche Cheerios...I think that Cheerios have finally jumped the shark.

They were good, but do I really need caramel flavored cereal?

[quote name='Eviltude']I don't get it. I'm pretty sure I've heard this here before, but with the time/transport cost people spend hoarding every copy of something they can get their hands on, they could just work for half a day. I guess some people get a thrill out of it, but it's really not worth it and it makes you a giant douche.[/QUOTE]

I clicked a button to buy a copy, will click a few more buttons to sell it, then put it in the mailbox on the way out. The only way I would buy a CE is if I could get it easy. If I get $40 out of this it will be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back