Winter is Coming, OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']And I'm out sick for yet another day this week. :/[/QUOTE]

Oh, no, bro!

Feel better soon, Mr. Shed.
And find some extra strength to take advantage of the hand of cards life dealt you by enjoying some Mass Effect 3. :cool:

[quote name='seanr1221']Good thing that's not what they're calling it.[/QUOTE]
What's it called?

If you go the site, it's plastered with "the new iPad". Go to buy it and it's just called iPad. Either or is stupid.

Call it iPad 3 or iPad HD.

[quote name='zewone']What's it called?

If you go the site, it's plastered with "the new iPad". Go to buy it and it's just called iPad. Either or is stupid.

Call it iPad 3 or iPad HD.[/QUOTE]

As somebody pointed out elsewhere, none of Apple's other products (aside from iPhone) have a number after them. There is no MacBook Pro 3, for example. It's just MacBook Pro. So it really kind of makes sense. It's just confusing because they did call the previous one iPad 2. I think they realized their mistake and are trying to correct it. I'm guessing the next iPhone will also be called just iPhone.

[quote name='crunchewy']As somebody pointed out elsewhere, none of Apple's other products (aside from iPhone) have a number after them. There is no MacBook Pro 3, for example. It's just MacBook Pro. So it really kind of makes sense. It's just confusing because they did call the previous one iPad 2. I think they realized their mistake and are trying to correct it. I'm guessing the next iPhone will also be called just iPhone.[/QUOTE]

I could see that. And that's fine, but all these retards who just buy Apple products because it's trendy will be very confused.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Oh, no, bro!

Feel better soon, Mr. Shed.
And find some extra strength to take advantage of the hand of cards life dealt you by enjoying some Mass Effect 3. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Just woke up from a 4 hour nap. Still haven't gotten around to the ME3. Soon hopefully.

I was reading The Atlantic's spring movie guide and the following line got me laughing.

"January Jones and Nicolas Cage team up to destroy the acting profession in Seeking Justice..."

Here's another good one...

The Avengers (5/4)

What It Is: All the Marvel superheroes finally got up the courage to have this great big orgy they've been talking about for years now, and it's going down on May 4th. Everybody's joining in, from Iron Man to the Incredible Hulk to Black Widow to the Arrowman (or whoever Jeremy Renner is playing), and it's just going to be buck wild. Samuel L. Jackson oversees everything, making sure nobody goes too far ("Thor! Leave the hammer out of this.") and that everybody has a good time. Of course that weirdo Loki has to show up to try and ruin everyone's fun, but I'm sure the Marvel team will put a stop to that. Freak on, heroes!

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2012/03/2012-spring-movie-preview/49623/

[quote name='zewone']What's it called?

Call it iPad 3 or iPad HD.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they're moving to just calling it iPad (x generation).

So, I decided to buy a pair of Incotex Chinolino pants. These things are amazing. I wish the store carried more pairs in my size. I wonder if I should run and grab those wool Incotex pants too since some motherfucker decided to buy the striped pair I wanted. I wasted too much time dawdling about.

I can't afford to upgrade from an iPad 2. Kind of hard to justify. Though I suppose if I could sell my iPad 2 for a good price (good for me!), maybe I'd upgrade. Would really love the retina display and LTE (and to switch away from AT&T).

[quote name='Maklershed']Since we have a few Bourdain fans in here thought I'd let ya'll know the kindle versionn of Kitchen Confidential is .25 cents on Amazon right now.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. Don't have a Kindle but can at least read it at my laptop or phone

I just ordered a kindle this morning. :lol:
Now I have 3 good books, thanks to Mak, for $0.75. Awesome. And Hunger Games is a free loan for prime members this month too.

I guess I need to learn how to loan some books. Either way, I bought it for my Kindle. I'm running Ice Cream Sandwich on it now though, so I'm not sure if I can still do that loan stuff.

[quote name='zewone']I guess I need to learn how to loan some books. Either way, I bought it for my Kindle. I'm running Ice Cream Sandwich on it now though, so I'm not sure if I can still do that loan stuff.[/QUOTE]

Just :cool: it.

Between my license, registration, and inspection, only paid $150. Sounds good to me considering I expected much higher.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']fuck the iPad. No flash, no USB. Get an Asus Transformer or whatever. More powerful and cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Although I'm still waiting for the Google Tablet that's supposed to be revealed hopefully in June during I/O. Rumored to be $200 and powered by Asus.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']fuck the iPad. No flash, no USB. Get an Asus Transformer or whatever. More powerful and cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Yup. They're flying off the shelves. LP probably bought 5 based on the 'transformer' name alone.

I kind of like the Kindle Fire idea, but I'm kind of waiting for the "next generation" there hoping they'll make a 10" and add an expandable micro SDHC slot.

Better than I was yesterday but still not great. Thankfully today is an aws day for me so I don't have to burn up another sick day.

AWS?
__

http://www.woot.com/

Great deal on rechargeable AA batteries for your 360 controllers. Since my 360 power packs can't hold a charge anymore, I've slowly replaced them all with rechargeable AA's. I can get 25-30 hours out of a charge.

The tricky part is finding them scatetred all over the house. Have I mentioned in the past that kids ruin everything?

[quote name='Number83']AWS?[/QUOTE]

Alternative work schedule. I work an extra .5 hours every day and then one day on every 4th week I get a day off.

From what I hear on the various podcasts (ie CAG, Beyond, and Gamescoop) the way it interfaces with PSN and how the installs and what not work is very .. antiquated/complicated. Not smooth at all compared to what most people are use to with their iphones and ipads and what not. Plus lets not forget the outrageous pricing of the proprietary memory, lack of decent games available right now, and just the price of the unit of itself which is kind of steep for the handheld market.

That proprietary memory (and some not nice debt) is really the main thing keeping me from getting one. I'm hoping the cards drop by summer as I should be able to get one then.

Hmm...Tempted on kitchen confidential. Althouhg I never read books on the kindle. And my kids buying videos caused me to remove all CC through amazon!

Note:
One-click shopping can not be turned off for TV/Video on the Kindle Fire.
Hence, the $45 charge for full seasons of Dora and Chuggington I recieved. (And reversed)

Woah - you can't turn off one-click? That sucks. I wonder how many parents get bitten by that?

@Sneaky, maybe by then they will have dropped the price of the Vita as well. I don't understand why they don't just plan to take a huge loss on consoles and sell them for next to nothing - just high enough to avoid people who don't really want them and won't really buy games from buying them - and then have lots more people to buy the games where it seems to me all the real money is made. I'm not an economist, though. I suppose there must be a reason.

Probably because as a first party publisher Sony doesn't have quite the draw of Microsoft or Nintendo. Their biggest first party title is probably Uncharted, but Nintendo has Metroid, Mario, Zelda, Kirby, etc. Microsoft has Gears and Halo. Nothing Sony has in terms of software really pulls the kind of numbers those other titles do so they can't afford to lose as much on hardware as they won't make it up as quickly/efficiently.

That almost makes sense, but they get a cut of every game sale, not just 1st party. Plus there's accessories. They get a cut of those too, I believe. But also I meant it generally. Why doesn't Nintendo sell the 3DS for, say, $50? Or $100 if that's too low. Surely their number of consoles out there would jump dramatically and software and accessory sales would go way up as well.

Wow. Dick move, Amazon.
Only the actual prime account holder gets the "instant video" or free kindle stuff? I kinda understand the reasoning, but still... I wasn't quite expecting that.
Really not sure how I want to handle this; is a ton of free books worth $80 bucks a year if I'm already on someone else's prime account?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yeah, you didn't know that?[/QUOTE]

Never had occasion to look until my kindle showed up today and I went to get Hunger Games for free. :lol:

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Do you think JJSP is really a Juggalo? God I hope not. We already have Brak, we don't need another.[/QUOTE]
I promise I'm not a Juggalo. I may be from Ohio, but it's the good part and not the yee-haw sister kissin' part.

[quote name='JJSP']I promise I'm not a Juggalo. I may be from Ohio, but it's the good part and not the yee-haw sister kissin' part.[/QUOTE]
You mean theres a good section of Ohio? I have a former room mate thats from Ohio that would beg to differ lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back