Winter is Coming, OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JStryke']Cedar Point is good. Other than that, can't think of any other good parts.[/QUOTE]I was born in OH. I went to OH MANY times in my lifetime due to living in an adjacent state (Indiana) and flying into OH when coming back to the Midwest from Baltimore.

Off the top of my head, Columbus, OH is a nice area. King's Island is a great theme park. Cedar Point is a great theme park. They use to have Geauga Lake/Six Flags Worlds of Adventure which was great. The people there are really friendly. Cost of living is beyond cheap.

Bad things about OH is that it's mostly farmland (very boring), State Police will pull you over if you go 1mph over the speed limit, and Dayton Airport sucks (I got flagged there 2 out of 5 times by airport security).
[quote name='HumanSnatcher']You mean theres a good section of Ohio? I have a former room mate thats from Ohio that would beg to differ lol[/QUOTE]
That roommate must be from Youngstown.

Selling some more stuff on da eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230756060919

^This may go for around $30, believe it or not. I have one other I'm keeping for myself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230757376864

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230757379051

Had my first deadbeat bidder (on my complete in box Donkey Kong Land for the Game Boy). :/

Oh, well. I have a feeling I can sell it for more, anyway. :cool:

-

Also: I'm not a Juggalo, in case anyone is lurking in this thread. Don't sully my good name, Temp, you slanderous tro'.

[quote name='Brak']Selling some more stuff on da eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230756060919

^This may go for around $30, believe it or not. I have one other I'm keeping for myself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230757376864

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230757379051

Had my first deadbeat bidder (on my complete in box Donkey Kong Land for the Game Boy). :/

Oh, well. I have a feeling I can sell it for more, anyway. :cool:

-

Also: I'm not a Juggalo, in case anyone is lurking in this thread. Don't sully my good name, Temp, you slanderous tro'.[/QUOTE]

Brak's just a juggalo
Everywhere he goes
People know the part
He's playing....

Just bought a ticket to Radiohead in Cincinnati on June 5th. I never thought I would be able to say those words. I just wish the tickets were better for purchasing them 3 minutes after they "went on sale". fuck you Ticketmaster.

Also, bought a sweet La-Z-Boy Recliner. Look who's moving up in the world.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
Cedar Point is a great theme park. [/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if Roller Coasters count as a theme exactly.

[quote name='flowery']Just bought a ticket to Radiohead in Cincinnati on June 5th. I never thought I would be able to say those words. I just wish the tickets were better for purchasing them 3 minutes after they "went on sale". fuck you Ticketmaster.

Also, bought a sweet La-Z-Boy Recliner. Look who's moving up in the world.[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing them tomorrow in Kansas City. My friend and I were super on the ball about getting tickets, and managed to get GA tickets within 2 minutes of going on sale.

I'm pretty pumped.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Wow. Dick move, Amazon.
Only the actual prime account holder gets the "instant video" or free kindle stuff? I kinda understand the reasoning, but still... I wasn't quite expecting that.
Really not sure how I want to handle this; is a ton of free books worth $80 bucks a year if I'm already on someone else's prime account?[/QUOTE]

And even with Prime the Kindle Lending Library limits you to one free book per month, I believe.

[quote name='seanr1221']Watched the first two episodes of GoT. Pretty incredible show. It made me want to play Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

After being so excited to get it on Tuesday, I watched about a half hour of the first episode the other night and turned it off before I fell asleep in the middle of it.

[quote name='Eviltude']Casey, did you see about getting tickets for that Cane's game?[/QUOTE]

No. Having some family issues so I won't be able to look into getting them either. Sorry man.

[quote name='JJSP']Ohio: at least we're not Detroit.[/QUOTE]

Ohio: Michigan's Toilet.

Now it's your turn to tell me The Black Keys > The White Stripes. And then I'll say "Dude, you're so full of....oh wait...you're right."

[quote name='Temporaryscars']If the next gen consoles turn to cloud only media, that'll be it for me and modern gaming.[/QUOTE]

Half the fun of playing games is figuring out how to get them cheaply. :D

The only time I got in on a price mistake, was a few months after the 360 launched. Best Buy had the Xbox Live bundle (year of live, 400 points, a headset and a copy of Bank Shots Billiards) marked as 19.99, when it was supposed to be something like 69.99.

I took the ad to Circuit City, which opened an hour before Best Buy (so they couldn't call to verify) and got it.

Remember the Sunday ads? Or circuit city for that matter? Ahh memories.

(the morning updates on EBGames.com preowned inventory was pretty great too)

I remember when sunday ads used to have deals.

Anyone get in on the one Circuit City deal where it was get a free 1600 points card with any game purchase? You could easily return the game and keep the points. Not that I would ever do something so nefarious but I'm sure some did.

[quote name='seanr1221']I remember when sunday ads used to have deals.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah no competition now. Which conversely is what makes this new Google Play thing so great. It gives Amazon some serious competition (since iTunes never does deals). So Amazon has been pm'ing kindle and music 25 cent deals.

I miss video game deals.

I got spoiled by :cool: console games, and forgot how much fun it was to hustle dem games... Like the time I traded in 6 sealed $5 copies of Geist in at GameCrazy for $120 store credit.

Because :cool:ing is such a pain now, I think I might have to kiss it goodbye. I had a good run for a while, there, but I'm probably just gonna start buying 'em again.

[quote name='brak']i miss video game deals.

I got spoiled by :cool: console games, and forgot how much fun it was to hustle dem games... Like the time i traded in 6 sealed $5 copies of geist in at gamecrazy for $120 store credit.

Because :cool:ing is such a pain now, i think i might have to kiss it goodbye. I had a good run for a while, there, but i'm probably just gonna start buying 'em again.[/quote]

never give up hope!

Those HWV/GC last-gen clearance sales were so $.
I swear, I came out of it up $200, with a copy of Gears 2 LE and a TE fightstick.
Definitely miss it... it was exciting to look through everything to find the games that would trade for a mint.

You guys can't talk about these old deals, it's making me nostalgic.

I was looking for some insurance paperwork this morning and for some reason this receipt this was sitting in my files:

ebgames009.jpg

I miss the EBGames morning update. *Pours a little out*

[quote name='Trakan']If there was, Amazon probably price matched it.[/QUOTE]
Best Buy surprisingly had some good deals on video games during the holidays that Amazon didn't have.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']
I miss the EBGames morning update. *Pours a little out*[/QUOTE]

Remember when people would lose their shit at seeing Tactics Ogre or Rez? Ah yes good stuff.

[quote name='Eviltude']No problem. You still want to go?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to pass. Sorry man. Maybe we can meet up at a Bulls game or something once the season gets going.

Not a big deal, take care of your shit dude. I'm going to eat as many dollar hot dogs as I can even if I have to go alone/drunk.

I totally grabbed my copy of Tactics Ogre from the EB morning updates. It came disc only, but Atlus was still selling the manual and inserts back then.

Casey, what did you think of Eastbound and Down's episode last night? I personally thought it was the best in the series so far, I literally was crying from laughing at several moments (especially Magical Adventures 1-2-3).

[quote name='TheRock88']Casey, what did you think of Eastbound and Down's episode last night? I personally thought it was the best in the series so far, I literally was crying from laughing at several moments (especially Magical Adventures 1-2-3).[/QUOTE]

I probably would have thought it was better if I could have laughed at some of that shit. It just came on at a bad time personally. The part in the dorm room was hysterical though.

If Amazon keeps up their current practice of matching Google, today's 25 cent book will be Moneyball. Good movie at least. I imagine the book is probably interesting.

I got an email the other day. WoW wants me back. They're willing to give me a free week, free realm transfer, free faction transfer, and free boost to level 80. I have a level 20ish hunter on a server so I may give that a go.

FYI, there's a shitload of new free fantasy and sci-fi books on the kindle store. All $3 or $5 singles dropped to 0. But some are quite long and most have 4.5-5 stars

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']FYI, there's a shitload of new free fantasy and sci-fi books on the kindle store. All $3 or $5 singles dropped to 0. But some are quite long and most have 4.5-5 stars[/QUOTE]

Big name authors or unknowns just writing books for fun at home?

Our kindle fire broke last night after about the 20th drop. Good thing I got the extended warranty. New one should be here by Wed.

Those Wild Card quests in F:NV take forever. finally done with them. Should just finish off the game by this weekend hopefully. Ugh. Too long of a game.

[quote name='eldergamer']Big name authors or unknowns just writing books for fun at home?
[/QUOTE]

The last part. But hey, free is free. But I will admit, a lot of titles are like, "The Dragons of X" or the "Vampires Y."

The Prometheus trailer has a trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9AAtt8mg7M&feature=player_embedded

They should have a trailer for the book trailer of the book adaptation based off the comic version of the movie version of Prometheus.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Looks like I might be getting a dog in the near future. Not sure how this'll work out.[/QUOTE]

Dogs are awesome. It'll work out splendidly. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back