Winter is Coming, OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='lordwow']It's the same as when a new Macbook comes out, it's just the Macbook. They just got rid of numbering them.[/QUOTE]

The new iPhone?

That doesn't sound like I want to buy it as much as iPhone 4GS or iPhone 5. :bouncy:

Yep, I imagine the new iPhone will be called that, but it's really just "iPhone", not "the new iPhone". Same for the new iPad, it's just iPad. "The new" is not part of the name, and presumably later this year/early next, they'll stop saying "The new iPad", and just say "iPad". Thus they can then say "The new iPad" again when the next one is about. When talking requirements/specs, they'll say iPad (2012), like they do for MacBooks.

[quote name='crunchewy']Yep, I imagine the new iPhone will be called that, but it's really just "iPhone", not "the new iPhone". Same for the new iPad, it's just iPad. "The new" is not part of the name, and presumably later this year/early next, they'll stop saying "The new iPad", and just say "iPad". Thus they can then say "The new iPad" again when the next one is about. When talking requirements/specs, they'll say iPad (2012), like they do for MacBooks.[/QUOTE]

This is what I was referencing when I asked, but what you are saying makes sense.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/03/16/apple-enthusiasts-camp-out-for-the-new-ipad/

This is the third version of Apple’s iPad, known simply as “the new iPad.” But, with its release at 8 a.m., some Apple fanatics started lining up here at the Center City store at 16th and Walnut, last night, for the honor of being one of the first to plunk down anywhere from $500 for the cheapest version to over $800 for all the bells and whistles.

And now to be up about 18 hours. Probably too tired to even play anything when I get home. About the only thing I'll only attempt is the BTTF game as that doesnt require any major reflexes or thinking.

I'm also eager to try the Sly Cooper HD that I got free from PS Plus last week. Will be one of the few PS Plus games I'll actually play. I still havent touched that Tomb Raider or Hydrophobia one.

We had a meeting at work today at which my supervisors told me instead of putting me in the lab as planned, they were just going to hire someone else to do the lab work. One more reason for me to find another job.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Oh, Mak, btw, I saw Troll Hunter after you recommended it. It was a good time even though it was absolutely absurd.

Any other suggestions?[/QUOTE]

For horror? The Descent, Pandorum, The Devil's Backbone (El Espinoza del Diablo), The Hills Have Eyes (2006), and Gin Gwai come to mind at the moment.

Apparently Temp is a movie critic who has seen every movie in the past 20 years.

On a somewhat related note, who else is quite interested in the Hunger Games movie? Still not thrilled about it being PG-13 but I can't help but be very interested in it. I also wonder if the movie will be based off only the first book or the others as well?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Apparently Temp is a movie critic who has seen every movie in the past 20 years.

On a somewhat related note, who else is quite interested in the Hunger Games movie? Still not thrilled about it being PG-13 but I can't help but be very interested in it. I also wonder if the movie will be based off only the first book or the others as well?[/QUOTE]

Not sure why they'd do all 3 when they could just do 1, make it a 90-120 minute movie, and if it does well have people screaming for the sequels.

Also, I'm almost finished with it now, and I think they can do okay with PG-13... it'll just be a little creative with some stuff to drop the R rating down a little. Unless something obscene happens in the next few chapters.

Read the first 2 chapters of the Huner Games tonight. I've been wanting to get into reading, and something easy like this seems to fit.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I had that doritos taco today......not bad.[/QUOTE]
Tried them the other night...be MUCH better with their "lava sauce", but still a very nice tasty mix up. Certainly wouldn't pay the extra 50-65 cents to make it a "supreme". Hope they'll do a Cool Ranch version on down the line

Tho, is it me, or do the Doritos taco shells get soggier quicker than the normal hard shell tacos?

Got lots of football to watch today. Got the dvr set for ...

17/03/2012 *** 8:45 Everton FC - Sunderland AFC
17/03/2012 11:00 Fulham FC - Swansea City
17/03/2012 11:00 Wigan Athletic - West Bromwich Albion
17/03/2012 *** 1:30 Tottenham - Bolton Wanderers

:beer: :whee:

[quote name='Eviltude']We had a meeting at work today at which my supervisors told me instead of putting me in the lab as planned, they were just going to hire someone else to do the lab work. One more reason for me to find another job.[/QUOTE]What kind of work do you do? I'm glad I finally have a job I'm liking as an Engineer.
[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Thinking of getting Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention for the Vita. And just watched the trailer on GS...christ, could that fucking bird say "dude!" anymore fucking times....?[/QUOTE]I plan to get it, even if I have it on PS3. I preordered it on NIS America w/ an exclusive cleaning cloth. They do say dude many times, but I'm use to it since I play Disgaea/Prinny games.

I was all over Norfolk (downtown, ODU, and northern part) and Chesapeake today (Greenbrier Mall) going to places.

I was just watching Tottenham vs Bolton and one of the players had a heart attack on the field. :(

[quote name='Brak']I deleted the shit out of my Google+ account.[/QUOTE]

Thinking of doing that too. I haven't used it at all.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']What kind of work do you do? I'm glad I finally have a job I'm liking as an Engineer.
I plan to get it, even if I have it on PS3. I preordered it on NIS America w/ an exclusive cleaning cloth. They do say dude many times, but I'm use to it since I play Disgaea/Prinny games.

I was all over Norfolk (downtown, ODU, and northern part) and Chesapeake today (Greenbrier Mall) going to places.[/QUOTE]
Ahh cool. I'm actually about 4-5 miles from Greenbrier Mall. Too bad its not as good as it used to be. Would say that you should have let me know earlier and we could have met up. But I was hung over as fuck all day and didn't start feeling anywhere close to better till about an hour ago

[quote name='munch']¿Ok, should I buy a used panasonic bdt210 from amazon warehouse for $95 or buy a new bdt220 for $135?[/QUOTE]

For $40 beans, I'd go new. Nice to see Panny has some *.mkv love at a reasonible price, I thought that was exclusively LG's domain in :BR: players.

Also, Jason Russell knows how to promote. ;)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Not sure why they'd do all 3 when they could just do 1, make it a 90-120 minute movie, and if it does well have people screaming for the sequels.

Also, I'm almost finished with it now, and I think they can do okay with PG-13... it'll just be a little creative with some stuff to drop the R rating down a little. Unless something obscene happens in the next few chapters.[/QUOTE]

The deaths are the biggest part of it, so unless they are not going to really be showing the deaths or they are dying in different ways then they do in the book, then I don't see a whole lot of room for creativity.

[quote name='seanr1221']Read the first 2 chapters of the Huner Games tonight. I've been wanting to get into reading, and something easy like this seems to fit.[/QUOTE]

Real easy peasy book to read, no big words or nothin'. I did enjoy it though, need to go through and read all of the sequels too.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Showtime is running Big Money Rustlas. How is it possible that it's actually worse than I imagined?[/QUOTE]
Also got added to Watch it Now about a week ago. Such quality programing...

I have a week of possible jury duty starting monday. I can get out of it no problem, at least once the get to the voire dire part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back