Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

[quote name='coltcannon']I also got the BK 360 games at the madison odana rd. store. I ordered one meal and all three games. No bullshit except weird looks.[/QUOTE]

The question is, are they any good. Like, $4 good?

If anyone spots the activision wii trailer dvd around madison, report in. With the awesome covers people have made I need to make a proper home for WiiSports.

Anyone check the Madison Best Buy's to see if they got PS3's today?

Reports of them are showing up all over the country. I'm heading out to the East side store in about an hour, but if they had them, I'm sure they'd be gone by now.

Does anyone know if the Best Buys here are getting Wiis on Friday or Sunday? I tried asking, but the run around, and I don't really want to get up early on Friday if they won't have them.

[quote name='Squall835']Does anyone know if the Best Buys here are getting Wiis on Friday or Sunday? I tried asking, but the run around, and I don't really want to get up early on Friday if they won't have them.[/QUOTE]

None of the stores around here have any idea when they will be getting more in stock.

[quote name='Squall835']Does anyone know if the Best Buys here are getting Wiis on Friday or Sunday? I tried asking, but the run around, and I don't really want to get up early on Friday if they won't have them.[/QUOTE]

I know GS/EB did. A guy over at the BB in greenfield on 76th said he had some in the back

Nothing for me. I would have liked to have picked up a copy of The Outfit for $9.99, but wasn't going to the store at 5:00 in the morning for just that. I ordered the first Season of The Office for $9.99, but that was it.

We camped the west madison BB. All 3 of us got the westy 32" lcd, which i am very happy with. My friend also got the 250$ toshiba laptop which is a gift for his gf, he says it is well worth the time/money. I am right now ordering wii component cables since I wasnt able to find them anywhere, even launch morning at target. Looks like no more zelda till dec.

[quote name='coltcannon']We camped the west madison BB. All 3 of us got the westy 32" lcd, which i am very happy with. My friend also got the 250$ toshiba laptop which is a gift for his gf, he says it is well worth the time/money. I am right now ordering wii component cables since I wasnt able to find them anywhere, even launch morning at target. Looks like no more zelda till dec.[/quote]

I was out of town with no Best Buy where we where, and I really was intending to grab that laptop, but maybe next year.

How long did you camp out for?

We were there at 930pm thurs and my friend got the last one. We were # 4, 5, 6 for the westy lcd and around 38th in line. Easily 90% of people were there for a laptop.

We didn’t get anything that was worth waiting in line for... Unfortunately, none of the big tickets where things either of us could afford on one gift for someone.

It kind of pissed me off about the EB FF XII for $10 thing though. The add made it sound like it was going to be $10 for the game.... not that you got a $10 gift card when you bought the game... yeah, THATS a door buster.... That’s worth waiting in line for... that, and the EB games checkout line was almost out the damn door.

The rest of my shopping is from online this year (unless I somehow pull some extra $$ out of my ass and can buy for myself)

If anyone is interested Circuit City (West) in Madison has 8 PS3's on the shelf as of 11:30 am. They're all the 20g models. I passed them by thinking they were display boxes until I picked one up. $499.99 a piece.

An employee came by to ask if I needed any help and did a double take at the little pile of PS3's.

To clarify...no, I didn't buy one. I'm waiting for the PS3 library to actually have more than 1 decent title. Plus, who the hell wants a 20g?

No Wii's unfortunately. I would've bought one of those immediately.

[quote name='heybtbm']If anyone is interested Circuit City (West) in Madison has 8 PS3's on the shelf as of 11:30 am. They're all the 20g models. I passed them by thinking they were display boxes until I picked one up. $499.99 a piece.

An employee came by to ask if I needed any help and did a double take at the little pile of PS3's.

To clarify...no, I didn't buy one. I'm waiting for the PS3 library to actually have more than 1 decent title. Plus, who the hell wants a 20g?

No Wii's unfortunately. I would've bought one of those immediately.[/quote]

Did they have any signs outside saying anything about the PS3 being out of stock, or anything previous to that? The East side CC has 2 signs saying both are out of stock. I'm just wondering if they keep those signs up all the time, or if they actually bother to take em down when they get stock in.

[quote name='Mattte']Did they have any signs outside saying anything about the PS3 being out of stock, or anything previous to that? The East side CC has 2 signs saying both are out of stock. I'm just wondering if they keep those signs up all the time, or if they actually bother to take em down when they get stock in.[/QUOTE]

No. They had a 3 x 5" price tag on top of the pile saying something like "PS3 20 gig $499.99". I didn't even see a spot (or price tag) on the shelf for the 60 gig.

That's funny. I was out there last night and saw that pile of systems and just assumed that they were display boxes.

I've actually been tempted by the 20GB system because I don't really care about the WiFi for the system and I only have one HDMI port on my TV and it's already being used for my DVR.

[quote name='psunami']That's funny. I was out there last night and saw that pile of systems and just assumed that they were display boxes.[/QUOTE]

?

If those turn out to be empty display boxes, I apologize. I picked one up and it felt heavy...heavy enough to contain a system. Has anyone gone out there to see for sure?

[quote name='heybtbm']?

If those turn out to be empty display boxes, I apologize. I picked one up and it felt heavy...heavy enough to contain a system. Has anyone gone out there to see for sure?[/QUOTE]

They are empty boxes. As for the Wii, try Sunday ;)

Anyone have any luck locally on the Wii front?

I have a few friends that have been bugging me for details, but I'm just curious about the numbers that the stores saw this week.

The Circuit City on 76th Street in Milwaukee got 23. I got in line at 6:30am and was number 3. The had no accessories in stock but let system purchases special order a remote and nunchuck.

Madison:

Circuit City (West) had 21 Wii's this morning, Circuit City (East) had 15.

Circuit City, Target, and Shopko all have Wii's in their newest weekly ads. I'll never understand why stores feature new systems in their ad so soon after launch. You're guaranteed to sell out within a few minutes that Sunday morning. Then your left to deal with angry customers for the rest of the week. Why don't stores just advertise the games? Every system will sell regardless if it's in the ad or not. This is borderline "Bait-and-switch".

[quote name='markadius']The Circuit City on 76th Street in Milwaukee got 23. I got in line at 6:30am and was number 3. The had no accessories in stock but let system purchases special order a remote and nunchuck.[/QUOTE]

I thought I recognized you in that line! I was number 4. Too bad you couldn't find any remotes or nunchucks...

[quote name='heybtbm']Madison:

Circuit City (West) had 21 Wii's this morning, Circuit City (East) had 15.

Circuit City, Target, and Shopko all have Wii's in their newest weekly ads. I'll never understand why stores feature new systems in their ad so soon after launch. You're guaranteed to sell out within a few minutes that Sunday morning. Then your left to deal with angry customers for the rest of the week. Why don't stores just advertise the games? Every system will sell regardless if it's in the ad or not. This is borderline "Bait-and-switch".[/QUOTE]

They do it to let customers know that they will have them in stock Sunday morning because otherwise only a few customers who had called or stopped in would know that they have them.

As for the bait and switch, unless someone goes in and is offered a different system because the Wii is not in stock (and that system is more expensive), there is absolutely no bait and switch going on.

[quote name='greendj27']As for the bait and switch, unless someone goes in and is offered a different system because the Wii is not in stock (and that system is more expensive), there is absolutely no bait and switch going on.[/QUOTE]

The "bait" is the new system which the store knows will only be in stock for minutes. The "switch" is what the empty-handed customers will buy instead of the system (e.g. anything else in the store).

I know this senario doesn't break the law, but it's still sleazy and is strictly designed to get bodies into their store.

I worked in the electronics section at Target for 4 years while I was in school. This was during the Saturn, Playstation, and N64 launches. You wouldn't believe the foaming at the mouth and pure hate that retail employees have to deal with around Christmas time. When there's a new game system in the mix...it gets 10x worse.

[quote name='heybtbm']The "bait" is the new system which the store knows will only be in stock for minutes. The "switch" is what the empty-handed customers will buy instead of the system (e.g. anything else in the store).

I know this senario doesn't break the law, but it's still sleazy and is strictly designed to get bodies into their store.

I worked in the electronics section at Target for 4 years while I was in school. This was during the Saturn, Playstation, and N64 launches. You wouldn't believe the foaming at the mouth and pure hate that retail employees have to deal with around Christmas time. When there's a new game system in the mix...it gets 10x worse.[/QUOTE]

Considering that they again handed out vouchers at the store and then told everyone who didn't get one that they would not be getting one even before the store opened, I fail to see how there was any "switch" going on. It's not being sleazy in any way. The store is doing what they think is the best option for what people are going to complain about no matter what. Just as you are now. People would still be complaining because they didn't let people know ahead of time if they had just sold them ahead of time.

Oh, and I would know what happens considering I work at that store and know exactly how the situation was handled and how much the best way to handle the situation was discussed before it was decided as to how things would be handled with the systems that were recieved.

[quote name='greendj27']Considering that they again handed out vouchers at the store and then told everyone who didn't get one that they would not be getting one even before the store opened, I fail to see how there was any "switch" going on. It's not being sleazy in any way. The store is doing what they think is the best option for what people are going to complain about no matter what. Just as you are now. People would still be complaining because they didn't let people know ahead of time if they had just sold them ahead of time.

Oh, and I would know what happens considering I work at that store and know exactly how the situation was handled and how much the best way to handle the situation was discussed before it was decided as to how things would be handled with the systems that were recieved.[/QUOTE]

You missed my point entirely. If you work at a retail store, you of all people should understand how idiotic it is for a store to advertise items they know they won't have.

99% of people that saw the Wii's and PS3's in the Sunday ad would never wait outside before the store opens. They just see the ad and go to the store expecting to find a system. When they find out that you're sold out they take it out on the employees. I think it's a sh*tty thing for stores to do to their employees and customers. That was my point.

As for me complaining...not even close. Let me be clear: I haven't actively searched for a Wii at all. When I'm out shopping, I'll swing by the video game section and look, but that's the extent of it. I'll get one eventually, but it most likely will be by chance.

How about you guys lay off this. Its not just game systems this happens with. I bet the smallest items that might be OOS will cause some customer to get pissed during this time of year. I worked at a bakery and cutomers would come at close, the day before thnxgiving/xmass to try to buy the one thing that sold out everyday. Everyone knows 99% of american shoppers are idiots. I try to plan my shopping attacks days in advance.

[quote name='coltcannon']How about you guys lay off this.[/QUOTE]

I'll agree to that. These long-winded internet arguments (mine included) tend to start looking like the special olympics after a while.

For anyone that cares, Best Buy (Eastside) has about 25 copies of Twilight Princess out already. They wouldn't let me pricematch though.

Any reason for not letting you pricematch? Was it because the CC ad said it wouldn't be out until today?

I've already got it for the Wii, just curious.

[quote name='psunami']Any reason for not letting you pricematch? Was it because the CC ad said it wouldn't be out until today?

I've already got it for the Wii, just curious.[/quote]

They said they other place has to have it in stock for the to price match it (I've PM'd at BB before when they knew TRU had none left). Then they called up CC, I would've just told her it wasn't there but I was hoping they would get confused and think she was referring to the Wii version. No luck.

I'm thinking about going through the trouble of going to CC and buying it and returning it to BB instead of just price adjusting it.

Just a matter of how you want to handle it. Certain cashiers always call, and others never seem to bother.

If you have the ad in hand sometimes that's all some will need.

I just got Twilight Princess at Walmart (Westside - Madison) price matched for $37.99. Circuit City didn't have any copies (big surprise), so I went to Walmart. I took in a copy of the CC ad and showed it to the cashier. The cashier asked the supervisor if it was alright and she said yes.

BTW: Walmart had easily 20+ copies left in the display case as of noon. If you need a copy of the CC Sunday ad, they have stacks of them at the CC service desk. If you head into CC and they still don't have Zelda, just grab and ad and head over to Walmart.

Did you notice if Walmart had Elebits yet?

I'm thinking of picking that one up tomorrow and I have to do an exchange there.

[quote name='psunami']Did you notice if Walmart had Elebits yet?

I'm thinking of picking that one up tomorrow and I have to do an exchange there.[/QUOTE]

Walmart in Baraboo, WI had Elebits in stock as of 20 minutes ago. I was going to get it till I noticed they had 60GB PS3's in stock.

At about 9:00 AM Westside (Madison) Best Buy had on the order of 40 Wiimotes in stock. They sold out systems apparently right away, and there were no nunchucks or classic controllers to be seen. For whoever's looking.

bread's done
Back