Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Shit if you think Milwaukee is ghetto you wouldn't last 2 seconds on the streets of Chi town.[/QUOTE]

???

chicago's a pretty big place. most of it isn't that bad :lol:

[quote name='Michaellvortega']I want to know why the BB on 76th st doesnt sell gamer gift cards with the $5 off coupon but the new BB across the street from mayfair mall has TONS of them.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's news to keep in mind. I haven't been there lately, but I remember them having ggc's at the bb on 76th about 2 months ago.

I've been to both of the Madison Best Buy's in the last few days and they both have tons of the GGC's right now. Just wanted to let people know.

[quote name='psunami']I've been to both of the Madison Best Buy's in the last few days and they both have tons of the GGC's right now. Just wanted to let people know.[/quote]

Did they always have them?

I haven't found any at the East side one the few times I was there. I'll have to stop by there and pick up a few.

I dont know why everyone hate the gs in west allis, I been going to that store for about 2 yrs and they all seem nice + the lady that work there is very nice. She give me smoe nice deals.

If you're in Madison and still have a functioning Saturn, someone just dumped off their Saturn collection at PrePlayed on the East side. I picked up a few games that looked good (Duke Nukem, Powerslave, MM8) and left quite a few behind. Some of the games still had the original receipts inside.

wow, surprisingly tame state st. last night. i mean, no pepper spray, no riots and I'm up at 10 AM. wonder if tonight will be any crazier

I was expecting state street to be insane on Friday but it was more tame than usual even. Everybody seems content to just pay the $5 and go out on Saturday. I didn't see many costumes that were really interesting. There was a good looking Captain Planet, a Quail Man, and a Rowdy Roddy Piper but I didn't see anything else funny/interesting. Didn't even feel the need to take any pictures. There were about 100 Duke Lacrosse players and about 100 Borats walking around. All the girls were dressed up as ho's like always.

Most of my friends just went to the library to study last night...I probably should have too it wasn't worth the walk over there.

From what I've always seen Saturday seems to be the big night. Especially with all of the insane drunks driving in from out of town.

With the extra hour from daylight savings, it's probably going to be insane tonight.

I doubt we'll get riots and stuff though. Kinda wish I was here for that last year :lol:

saw someone dressed as Freakazoid and a Pee Wee Herman. gonna be out there tonight with a camera for some shots. If I get anything really good, I'll post them here.

[quote name='psunami']From what I've always seen Saturday seems to be the big night. Especially with all of the insane drunks driving in from out of town.[/QUOTE]

Saturday is always the big night. Don't worry, it will be crazy and packed with people again tonight.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']I want to know why the BB on 76th st doesnt sell gamer gift cards with the $5 off coupon but the new BB across the street from mayfair mall has TONS of them.[/quote]

The 76th street one was out for a while, but I just got back from there, and they got them in again. I picked up four of them. There's at least ten more. The chick let me put a dollar on each of them, too.

[quote name='Trakan']The 76th street one was out for a while, but I just got back from there, and they got them in again. I picked up four of them. There's at least ten more. The chick let me put a dollar on each of them, too.[/QUOTE]

Yea thanks for the heads up I bought some yesterday.

Anyone in Madison camping for Wii? Me and friends will be at the westside WalMart. Since it opens early, if it doesnt work out there we will be moving to BestBuy across the way. We might even have the propane heater going if its really cold out.

I won't be camping, but I'll probably be showing up at a store a few minutes before open to try and acquire one.

Any word as to when the West Madison Wally will be opening?

I hate that store... it's always a disaster area and every customer looks like a zombie.

considered waiting out for a ps3 at one of the BBs. I just know it would be another all nighter like last year, starting around 9PM on thursday, if not earlier.

cept this year I don't know any gamers hardcore enough to go along with it, so I'll probably pass.

Circuit City on the West side of Madison still has 10+ Final Fantasy XII's up by the register. $37.99 until this Saturday.

And yes, you're officially an idiot if you bought it anywhere else this week.

[quote name='heybtbm']Circuit City on the West side of Madison still has 10+ Final Fantasy XII's up by the register. $37.99 until this Saturday.

And yes, you're officially an idiot if you bought it anywhere else this week.[/QUOTE]

They were out of stock last night I was told.

Guitar Hero II was a no go at the East side BB and Target. And most likely the Wal-Mart, I called last weekend and they said it won't be out until the 7th.

Anyone have any luck elsewhere?

Also, anyone find a Wii Kiosk in Madison?

I haven't had a chance to do any running around this week, but I was thinking about trying to run out to Best Buy and Target West after work tomorrow to see if they put it out GHII early.

I was debating taking a walk down to the State Street EB tomorrow as well, but it depends on how cold it is.

I might go over to BB west madison tomorrow. I will relay any info but on weds. there was no GH2 to be seen (cept the demo). They had re-organized for ps3/wii areas.

I'm thinking of picking up a Wii but there are supposed to be plenty to go around so I'm not gonna camp. Camping a PS3 to sell would be a good idea but I don't want to risk getting ripped on ebay.

just decided to pick up a Wii.

it'll perfect after the two weeks of hell I'm about to go through here at uw.

No GH2 at west madison BB. They did have the 360 wireless headset. Sounds like walmart will have at least 20 wii on release. With BB and toysRus across the beltline I figure its gonna be crazy around there.

I think Toys R Us is going to be the place to be for the Wii launch. It just seems to sound like they're going to have the largest amount of systems.

No Wii kiosk at the Far West Gamestop. Thankfully I was able to walk in... look at a few used games and get out in less than two minutes. The ultimate shopping experience.

I might hit up target for the system...cause yeah, the beltline area could be pretty packed. CompUSA might have some systems as well?

[quote name='sandrockgundam219']^ sweet your from appleton? I am too

luckily i scored a wii preorder from the gamestop in the mall

woot woot[/quote]

Not quite Appleton, but close enough. My friend got a Wii preorder from Gamestop too, but it required epic amounts of luck and just a bit of debauchery.

[quote name='nckillthegrimace']Not quite Appleton, but close enough. My friend got a Wii preorder from Gamestop too, but it required epic amounts of luck and just a bit of debauchery.[/QUOTE]

Just a bit? That's disappointing.

If or when madison peeps find out info for wii camp they should post it. I will be calling west walmart sometime this week. If they dont let the line start inside till they had out tickets im going to target a few hours before it opens since they will have over a hundred of them.

[quote name='coltcannon']If or when madison peeps find out info for wii camp they should post it. I will be calling west walmart sometime this week. If they dont let the line start inside till they had out tickets im going to target a few hours before it opens since they will have over a hundred of them.[/QUOTE]

How do you know how many Wii's Walmart is getting? I'm just curious since Target West appears to be getting 111 on launch day. This launch is going to be less like previous console releases and more like the PSP and DS launches.

I dont know how many walmart will have. The rumor is every store will have at least 20. I will be asking when I call to confirm what their plans are. I wish target was doing a midnight launch then difficulty would be avoided.

The West Madison Walmart isn't a 24 hour location is it?

I was thinking of driving down to Beloit, as their website lists that one as the closest 24 hour from where I live.

Let us know if you get more information about the Madison stores though.

[quote name='coltcannon']I dont know how many walmart will have. The rumor is every store will have at least 20. I will be asking when I call to confirm what their plans are. I wish target was doing a midnight launch then difficulty would be avoided.[/QUOTE]

a midnight launch at Target would be sweet. I'm not looking forward to getting there at 6 or 7 AM on Sunday (they open at 8.)

I'm usually up till 3 or 4, so I may just drive over and sleep in my car in the parking lot that night depending on how cold it is. Wisconsin = Insomnia indeed :)

I just started a job this week. Hopefully I will be able to call WalMart before the weekend. The west madison walmart is not 24 hour. Wish the 24 hour one being built off broadway was finished. Even if its ghetto its at least warm.

Well, I just found out that the Walmart in Monroe is opening at 7 on Sunday. That's 15 minutes from my house, so I'll probably head there for one of the 53 that they're due to have.

If I strike out there, I'll have to take my chances flying up to Madison....

Sorry if this double posts.

Any Madisonians have plans for the PS3 launch? Which store seems like it will be most hospitable to us?

I only know one person that's even got a pre-order for the PS3 in Madison... so I'm not sure where the best place to go would be.

You can always try out Sears. They always have a few systems... plus, being in the mall, you may be able to wait inside.

Any other Milwaukee people gonna be camping/looking for a Wii on sunday? I'm probably gonna try the Best Buy in Greenfield first, since it's the biggest and likely to get the most systems. Then I'll be at the circuit city off bluemound if that fails (or first depending on that coupon)

Just went to the East Madison Best Buy to try and pick up some Wii games and they wouldn't sell them to me. Zelda I could understand... but the others... Oh well. Considering they had 4 PS3 games for sale, it seemed a bit odd to be holding out on one system and not the other.

[quote name='jer7583']Any other Milwaukee people gonna be camping/looking for a Wii on sunday? I'm probably gonna try the Best Buy in Greenfield first, since it's the biggest and likely to get the most systems. Then I'll be at the circuit city off bluemound if that fails (or first depending on that coupon)[/QUOTE]

I'd go with you but the radio said it was going to snow :( I don't know if I want a Wii bad enough to camp overnight. I saw the PS3 lines at CC and BB on bluemound were BAD. The CC on 27th st was 8 deep and supposedly they only had 8 units, the BB didn't have anybody so I think they wanted no campers.

bread's done
Back