Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

I always liked checking Preplayed on the east side. I never found any major deals, but I'd often find semi-rare used stuff for cheaper than anywhere else. I got Castlevania DS there for $25

[quote name='VulSuck']I always liked checking Preplayed on the east side. I never found any major deals, but I'd often find semi-rare used stuff for cheaper than anywhere else. I got Castlevania DS there for $25[/quote]

haha.........yeah they're pretty dumb when it comes to rare stuff. but i noticed their prices have gone up on a lot of common things. i found a mint copy of ff7 at a half half price books the other day for 6 bucks:bouncy:

I just came from Sams Club (Milwaukee Store#6324 - 7701 West Calumet). They had two copies of Burnout Legends for PSP in their video games glass case for $14. I also saw a few Xbox 360 games less then $20 including Hitman Blood Money.

Hey new poster here!

I live in Saukville- an extreme northern suburb of Milwaukee. Nothing work speaking of up here lol. Gotta drive down a ways to get to Target, much less a GS/EB/BB. Closest CC is about an hour away lol. Unless there's one in Sheboygan I didn't know about...

Oh there IS a Costco going in Grafton, 5 miles south of me! Anybody know what they're like with games? About the same as Sam's Club? Better? Worse?

Somewhat substantial rumor is that an EB is going in the strip mall that's going to adjoin Costco.

BTW somebody was ripping on the Menomonee Falls EB... I used to be an assistant manager there, but that was well over a year ago. Sorry to hear it's gone down the shits, but my manager doesn't work there anymore either.

[quote name='.JPG']Kind of slow in Wisconsin lately...anything happening?[/QUOTE]

I gave up my apartment and live full time in the south stacks of memorial library at UW-mad. :p
Hey, it's better than living over the Kollege Klub :roll: jk

I called both Madison Borders to see if they carry games for the 50% off sale. Nothing. The guy at the East store said I was the 4th person to call and ask that today.

[quote name='Mattte']Any of the Madison CAGs know of any plasma "donation" centers around? It'd be nice to make a little extra cash.[/QUOTE]

I have seen ads on the bus for a place. I also see commercials for "Covance", which does medical tests, if you're interested in becomming a human lab rat. :bouncy:

[quote name='Mattte']Any of the Madison CAGs know of any plasma "donation" centers around? It'd be nice to make a little extra cash.[/QUOTE]

I just saw one the other day....I wanna say it was by that Wines of the World liquor store on Johnson. but I can't remember exactly where it was.

how much do you get for that any way?

[quote name='Apossum']I just saw one the other day....I wanna say it was by that Wines of the World liquor store on Johnson. but I can't remember exactly where it was.

how much do you get for that any way?[/quote]

Back at home I got $20 for the first time and $30 for the second time, and you can go in twice a week. Not sure how much it is here, but the place I went to doesn't have a center within an hour of Madison.

[quote name='Mattte']Back at home I got $20 for the first time and $30 for the second time, and you can go in twice a week. Not sure how much it is here, but the place I went to doesn't have a center within an hour of Madison.[/QUOTE]

Not too shabby...that covers an electric bill for me.
any side effects from it? dizziness anything like that?

found the place through google:

Badger Plasma Center
319 West Gorham Street
Madison, WI 53703

Sucks that place doesn't have website, guess I'll have to stop in sometime.

[quote name='Apossum']Not too shabby...that covers an electric bill for me.
any side effects from it? dizziness anything like that?[/quote]

None that I know of, atleast I haven't experience any, they just take a bit of blood out, take out the plasma, put the blood back in and repeat until you've given as much as you can according to your weight. Takes about an hour

Anyone get a PS3 pre-order in? I was considering going to the Software etc in West town mall, but decided against it at the last minute. Anyone go there? I was gonna go around 8:30 or 9 to get in line.

Peaked around the corner down State and saw a small mob outside EB at around 9:30.

I drove by the gamestop on mineral point on my way to get clubhouse games from BB. It was right at 10 and there were 12-15 people going inside. I went to watch the ps2 launch at west towne and it was crazy. If I remember someone was actually assaulted after picking thiers up.

I have a friend who goes in all the time to give plasma. He said they pay like $20 a visit. Errrr we're in Madison.

[quote name='Jeoff']I have a friend who goes in all the time to give plasma. He said they pay like $20 a visit. Errrr we're in Madison.[/quote]

At the Badger Plasma Center?

I don't know. There used to be a different one at u square which is obviously gone now. Just go in and ask how much they pay. I've never heard anybody say they regretted selling plasma.

I did it a few times when I was unemployed about 8 years ago at the place that used to be right next to the Kollege Klub. Just be careful if you have a more rare blood type. They keep trying to get you to come back and will call you over and over....

Do you guys ever hit Preplayed on Mineral Point or E. Wash? I've gotten some nice deals there on my rare visits home: Lunar PSX for $12, Magna Carta for $35 a week after its release, Growlanser Deluxe for $50. All the stuff is used, but still pretty nice. Also check out Mister Money (pawn shop) on S. Park St near the Beltline. I've gotten TONS of amazing stuff there for a song.

I've been into the Preplayed stores a few times, but never saw any really great deals.

I'll have to take a look at that pawn shop. I've never been there.

It's hit or miss at Mister Money. Last time I grabbed a MegaMan Anniversary, Metal Slug 4/5, Ico, and a few other titles for $7 apiece. In the past i've gotten FFT (when it was expensive), Tactics Ogre PSX, and a few others...all under $10 a pop.

Other times there's nothing but sports games.

How does Madison get all these good, small game stores and milwaukee really doesn't have any? All GS/EB except for those two (or did one of them close?) video game exchanges on the south side

thanks for the tip about Mister Money. I'll have to check that place out. I take S. Park to get to 90 and haven't noticed it...what stores is it near?

my best scores at Pre-played were Persona 1 for $9, FFVII non-gh for $14 (right when it shot up in price) and a bunch of decently hard to find guides for $5 (best one was Ogre Battle.) I have to say, their disc buffers are awesome. Makes them look new with barely any marks. Sometimes I can't tell the difference.

Video game exchange has pretty much been a bust for me. Found D for the PS1 for $15, but it was in bad shape. The west side VGE had Castlevania SOTN non gh for $35. I thought it was sealed, but it was resealed, unfortunately.

Anyone preordering Wii on friday? Im tempted just to stroll up at 950. Still planning on camping westside BB just because its a weekend. Still want to try the propane heater out.

[quote name='Apossum']thanks for the tip about Mister Money. I'll have to check that place out. I take S. Park to get to 90 and haven't noticed it...what stores is it near?

my best scores at Pre-played were Persona 1 for $9, FFVII non-gh for $14 (right when it shot up in price) and a bunch of decently hard to find guides for $5 (best one was Ogre Battle.) I have to say, their disc buffers are awesome. Makes them look new with barely any marks. Sometimes I can't tell the difference.

Video game exchange has pretty much been a bust for me. Found D for the PS1 for $15, but it was in bad shape. The west side VGE had Castlevania SOTN non gh for $35. I thought it was sealed, but it was resealed, unfortunately.[/quote]
Jeez, i haven't been back home in like 8 months. It's in the same center as a Madison Public Library branch. that's about all i remember in the vicinity. It's about 2 blocks short of the freeway on the right side, if you're coming from downtown. I was always kinda bummed that Mister Money is the ONLY true pawn shop in the city, but at least it's always been a good one.

Preplayed is great for other stuff, too. I got 3 hardbound Harry Potter books for $5 apiece, some quality CDs for $7, and they have excellent prices on Criterion DVDs. VGE used to be a fabulous place to go for deals. Got a Nomad for $30 back in the day. Now they're pretty spot-on with their values, unfortunately, so it's REAL tough to snag a true bargain. You'll have slightly better luck with the east side location, but it honestly isn't worth the drive if you live in any other part of town.

I've never had any good luck with VGE.

Last time I had a good experience there was when I got a ton of Genesis sports games for .50 cents each.

I know where you're talking about now for Mister Money. I'll have to drive down there some day on my lunch.

:lol: @ people camping at EB on state st for Wii pre-orders. I wanted to stop and tell them Nintendo wil have millions of them out by the end of the year, but it was too freaking cold to stop and do anything.

[quote name='Apossum']:lol: @ people camping at EB on state st for Wii pre-orders. I wanted to stop and tell them Nintendo wil have millions of them out by the end of the year, but it was too freaking cold to stop and do anything.[/quote]

Wow..that shit doesn't even start for another 12 hours. I bet you could walk in at 10:15 get a pre order and you'll get a Wii day one. I probably won't even order one, I'll most likely be able to just walk into Sear or Shopko and pick one up.

I wonder if people are camping at the EB in the mall....

I was out around state last night but didnt even think about checking the ebgames. I wish I would have, to talk to the people camping. Camping for a preorder is just dumb. I need to have something in my hand after the camp not just a receipt saying I might come release. Therefore I will be camping at westside BB or walmart, possibly with propane heater and drinks. Thinking about finding a fake palm tree to put up.

I thought about pre-ording a Wii, but decided against it because i had no problem getting a gamecube on day one by just walking into Best Buy oh so many years ago. Same thing with the PSP. I'll just show up at the northridge best buy a half hour before it opens and will most likely walk out the a system, zelda, that dual stick snes like controller, and anything else i may need.

What games are some of ya Wisconsin CAGs plan on pickin up for your Wii?

is the West side Wal-Mart 24 hours? Sure would be nice to not have to wait outside.

Anyone think ShopKo will get PS3s? I have a mid term the night before the PS3 launch, but I might be able to make it by 9:30 or so.
Probably not going to get a Wii for a while, if I can't get my hands on a PS3 ;)

I stopped by the Shopko on Aberg on the 360 launch day and they had systems then and sold out when the store opened. I bet they have a few PS3's, but not many.

As for which Wii games I'll be picking up... probably Red Steel, Excite Truck, Rayman, Monkey Ball, and Zelda.

I'm very weak willed.

Madison westside walmart is not 24/7. They open at 6, so it could even be the second option if BB sells at midnight and someone misses out. Anyone in madison for 360 launch? I was in milwaukee so i have no idea about midnight opening, more popular camping spot type info.

[quote name='coltcannon']Madison westside walmart is not 24/7. They open at 6, so it could even be the second option if BB sells at midnight and someone misses out. Anyone in madison for 360 launch? I was in milwaukee so i have no idea about midnight opening, more popular camping spot type info.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't, but I'm hoping the variety of stores on the West and East sides will break up the crowds. Like everyone around my home town was at one Best Buy for the 360 launch since it was the only one in the area....but Mad-town has a bunch of different stores that'll be getting these systems. Shopko seems like the obvious choice for the PS3 launch, seems like less people would think to go there but I dunno...I'm sure 50 other people are thinking the same thing :)

For anyone wondering about hitting Shopko (or Kmart/Sears for that matter) on PS3 launch day...good luck. The day of the 360 launch, the four Shopko's in Madison only had two 360's per store. They didn't get another shipment until February (and even then, they were only shipped 4 core systems per store).

The only system launch where Shopko actually had product was the DS launch in November 2004. They were pretty easy to get around town, but sold out by that Sunday night. Shopko (on Aberg Ave.) still had 20+, while Walmart and Target were long sold out. Still...I wouldn't count on Shopko having PS3's before Christmas. Personally, I would hit the out of the way Shopko's in Fort Atkinson, Watertown, Beaver Dam, etc. You may even want to throw in a Pamida or two. Nobody who shops there has $600 to blow on a video game system.

Besides, you're not just competing with other local gamers. There is a group of Ebay nutcases who scour Madison on a daily basis for all kinds of collectable goods. Video game systems on launch day is just one of them. I became familiar with these fat-ass hillbillies back when I used to work at Target (back in '97 on the West side). I still see these losers out and about in Madison almost every time I go out and look for games (they practically live at PrePlayed on the West side).

Anyway,

Changing the subject...I have to brag about my best vg deal ever in Madison. In October/November of 2004 I found Earthbound (SNES) at PrePlayed on the East side for $25.00. Perfect box, players guide, and all the inserts. The game cartridge was still in the little plastic bag that cartridge games used to come in. I love a town full of poor college students. Even the clerk was surprised when I brought it up to the counter.

[quote name='heybtbm']Anyway,

Changing the subject...I have to brag about my best vg deal ever in Madison. In October/November of 2004 I found Earthbound (SNES) at PrePlayed on the East side for $25.00. Perfect box, players guide, and all the inserts. The game cartridge was still in the little plastic bag that cartridge games used to come in. I love a town full of poor college students. Even the clerk was surprised when I brought it up to the counter.[/quote]

Probably was pissed off he didn't get it as well.
I always forget to stop at Pre-played whenever I'm around there. I'll have to stop there tommorrow and check it out.

Heh, I love getting the scores that the employees haven't found. I found a complete, non-GH Symphony of the Night in great shape with a $9 price tag at a Disc-Go-Round and the clerk was like "Awww hell, I didn't know we had that here!"

If anyone wants Ico for $9 or a gamecube for about $40, check out Mister Money--they have tons of both. the also had Tony Hawk and a Madden game both for the 360 for $22.

Besides, you're not just competing with other local gamers. There is a group of Ebay nutcases who scour Madison on a daily basis for all kinds of collectable goods. Video game systems on launch day is just one of them. I became familiar with these fat-ass hillbillies back when I used to work at Target (back in '97 on the West side). I still see these losers out and about in Madison almost every time I go out and look for games (they practically live at PrePlayed on the West side).

well, this makes sense, since I rarely find anything in Madison-- which I find strange since there are so many stores all over the east and west side and there's rarely anything good. I wonder if they hit up garage sales too...I went garage sailing a few times in april and saw some guys who fit this description.

not sure if I posted this story already, but there was one dude who was like 250-300 lbs, sweaty as hell, had a hearing aid, and would pull up with his truck, run out really fast to each sale and yell "YOU GUYS GOT ANY VIDEOGAME STUFF?!" while scouring through all the tables frantically.

at one sale, they told him "no" then asked how his day was going. He replied "well, it would be nice if I could find some stuff for ebayyyyyyy" in the snottiest tone possible. then he went to the free bin, grabbed a tiger handheld really fast, then ran back to his truck. :lol: it was so pathetic.

[quote name='Apossum']He replied "well, it would be nice if I could find some stuff for ebayyyyyyy" in the snottiest tone possible. then he went to the free bin, grabbed a tiger handheld really fast, then ran back to his truck. :lol: it was so pathetic.[/QUOTE]

I have a hard time believing that he "ran" back to his truck. hehe.

I've seen plenty of those guys around town though. I'm just happy that I was able to score a copy of Super Mario RPG from the $5 deal at Game Crazy last year. The cart is beat to hell, but at least I have it.

[quote name='psunami']I have a hard time believing that he "ran" back to his truck. hehe.

[/QUOTE]

true, I'm sure it was the inertia created by a man of his size going down the sloped driveway, rather than true running :lol:

My one fatass townie horder sighting was a male and female with fatty kid in cart loading up every penny guide BB had. They are why I never black friday in madison.

[quote name='coltcannon']My one fatass townie horder sighting was a male and female with fatty kid in cart loading up every penny guide BB had. They are why I never black friday in madison.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you'll never find penny guides in Madison. Whatever that couple can't sell on ebay usually ends up at PrePlayed on the West side. All of a sudden, you'll see 5 brand new copies of a particular guide show up.

Anybody know if any of the Border's in Madison (or anywhere else in WI) stock video game stuff? I'm 99% sure the one by Hilldale doesn't, and I don't think the East side one does, but haven't actually checked.

None in the vicinity of Madison do. I can't speak for the whole state though.

Edit: oh I've run into the fat and sweaty FW'ers/hoarders in Madison too. Fat woman with presumably her husband in PP east. Fat woman is knocking all the games off the shelves because she's a douchebag like every other hoarder. Finds a copy of NCAA basketball 2k3 for PS2 and shouts to her husband (who is standing right next to her) "THIS IS THE RARE ONE!!!! IT IS WORTH A LOT OF MONEY ON EBAY!!!!!!!!!" in that retard voice that all hoarders have.

I was going to tell her that she was a stupid bitch and punch her in the gut, but I wanted her to waste her no-doubt greasy money. And I was afraid my arm would get stuck.

I hit up preplayed east/west whenever I'm in the areas, which is often, but I don't buy games I don't want to play. More because I'm scared of turning into the people I see than because of any moral issue.

I want to know why the BB on 76th st doesnt sell gamer gift cards with the $5 off coupon but the new BB across the street from mayfair mall has TONS of them.

Cause BB is ghetto, Milwaukee is even more ghetto, so when you put the two together... it's scary. Only thing worse is Milwaukee + Walmart

bread's done
Back