Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

1 week from today, I'll be in Slichter hall spending my first night UW-Madison. the first site to come up when you google Bierman-Slichter is Alwaysdrunk.com. I'm really hoping for that dorm transfer in the first week. :lol:

any good shops I should keep my eye out for? :)

[quote name='Apossum']1 week from today, I'll be in Slichter hall spending my first night UW-Madison. the first site to come up when you google Bierman-Slichter is Alwaysdrunk.com. I'm really hoping for that dorm transfer in the first week. :lol:

any good shops I should keep my eye out for? :)[/QUOTE]

Enjoy State Street. Lots of good bars, restaurants and shops right there on campus.

[quote name='greendj27']Enjoy State Street. Lots of good bars, restaurants and shops right there on campus.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait! I've been living in a boring suburb for the past 2 years. Madison will be a great change.

[quote name='Apossum']I can't wait! I've been living in a boring suburb for the past 2 years. Madison will be a great change.[/QUOTE]

Im in Madison rght now;) I love it.

There's nothing too special in Madison in terms of game stores, especially on State St. The only thing that comes to mind is an EBGames on the campus end of State, as well as a Blockbuster a few blocks up. There's another EBGames at East Towne Mall; there are two Gamestops on the west side, one near Target and one (actually a Software Etc) inside West Towne Mall. None of our Blockbusters have Gamerushes, but the west side Hollywood video has a Gamecrazy. The local indie chains are Pre-Played, with one location near East Towne and one near West Towne, and Video Game Xchange, with at least three locations. There are a few Frugal Muses throughout the city, but they're spotty when it comes to games. Other than that, there are two Best Buys, two Circuit Cities, two TRUs, Targets, two Wal-Marts, etc.

But State St. is awesome in many, many other ways. Too bad your first taste of Mad life will be winter.

A poster in the TRU closing thread (I think the name was madmage) said Madison's east side TRU was definitely closing and that he thought the west side one was as well. Anyone else heard about this?

[quote name='seanw']A poster in the TRU closing thread (I think the name was madmage) said Madison's east side TRU was definitely closing and that he thought the west side one was as well. Anyone else heard about this?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that east side is closing and that west side is just fine.

If anyone is looking for any used PC games, try the GoodWill store in Menomonee Falls. I was there tonight and they had Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth & Battlefield 2, for $15 each. They're in the front of the store in the glass case. There's also a copy of Cold Fear for about $5.

I'll have to check some of those places out seanw.

Got here a few days ago for orientation and decided to stay the weekend instead of heading back to chi-town. Love it so far... can't wait till people get back.

I can tell i'll be spending a lot of time on State st :) well, i'm off to the east town Gamestop to pick up PQ (if BB doesn't have it.)

I'm in Tripp I could probably pelt you with stones from here. Best places for games are the preplayeds and west side GS by the Target IMO.

Now that I have GC's from xmas. I was tryint to find phoenix wright. If anyone has any leads on places that have it in Milwaukee or Madison area please holla.
Peace
coltcannon

If any of you Wisconsin Cagers live in Northern Wisconsin the Duluth, MN TRU, while not in Wisconsin is just across a bridge, is closing. They got some new stock out on the shelves including Digital Devil Saga and Final Fantasy Advance both $10 each.

I'm in love with Pre-played. They've got everything there and it's all used. I saw a few overpriced games, mainly popular stuff like Mega Man NES games, but it looked fair in general.

[quote name='sigmano9']any milw. CAGers gettin any sweet deals from the gamecrazy price drops?[/QUOTE]

not in milwaukee, but gamecrazy in madison has a couple Makai Kingdoms left for 19.99 and La Pucelle for 17.99, all new.

If anyone here is looking for a Premium 360, there's three of them in West Bend at Wal-Mart.

One question for all you classic game hunters: Where do you look in the West Bend/Menomonee Falls/Sussex/Mequon area for NES, SNES, and Genesis games? I check the thrift stores in Hartford, Slinger, and West Bend nearly twice a week, and all I find is the same exact NES games at Hartford and two broken Genesis at Slinger.

Just saw this at the Sam' Club on Hwy 100 in West Allis, WI. There were 2 copies left as of 12:30 P.M. CST.

As with most Sam's/Wal-Mart deals, this may or not be at any other Sam's in the area

man-thing

+i got the last Nocturne at the GC in Madison....still looking for Magna Carta sealed though;)

P.S. Video Game X-change has only had 2 stores for quite awhile

[quote name='manthing']Just saw this at the Sam' Club on Hwy 100 in West Allis, WI. There were 2 copies left as of 12:30 P.M. CST.

As with most Sam's/Wal-Mart deals, this may or not be at any other Sam's in the area

man-thing[/QUOTE]

Love that Sam's Club! Too bad that game isn't anything I'm looking for and I don't have a PS2...but keep us updated if you see any deals on games there, I'll do the same.

[quote name='nectarsis1']+i got the last Nocturne at the GC in Madison....still looking for Magna Carta sealed though;)

P.S. Video Game X-change has only had 2 stores for quite awhile[/QUOTE]

ahh! they had one? i didn't see it when i went to pick up Makai kingdom on sunday.
you lucky bastard ;) enjoy, it's a long, but addicting game.

how is that video game exchange store? fairly priced? do they price stuff based on rarity and all that? good selection?

VGXchange is OK. Their prices are competitive with everyone else's for current-gen stuff, and I've never shopped there for previous-gen stuff. I've never gotten a great vibe from the place, but there's no reason you shouldn't see 'em for yourself.

nectarsis: Their Monona Dr. location only closed in '05.

Monona store closed early/middle 05....I know the owner, and I don't think he's doing that well, puts all the rare stuff in seperate cases...buy only, no trades, does it w/ xbox 360, psp also, not a lot of new, or hell even good games lately

East Side TRU is down to 30%. Still had some good DS games in stock this weekend (Castlevania, Metroid Pinball, Viewtiful Joe). Plenty of GB Micros @ 20% off, I think.

[quote name='seanw']East Side TRU is down to 30%. Still had some good DS games in stock this weekend (Castlevania, Metroid Pinball, Viewtiful Joe). Plenty of GB Micros @ 20% off, I think.[/QUOTE]

Do you recall seeing Sonic Rush? I haven't been there for a couple of weeks, but I'll have to head back this weekend and look for DS games and Xbox accessories.

I might be running through Madison tomorrow, anything I should check out or anything worth checking out (specfically TRU)? Looking for games (DS games) and if there's any good deals I'd be interested in stopping by.

[quote name='.JPG']I might be running through Madison tomorrow, anything I should check out or anything worth checking out (specfically TRU)? Looking for games (DS games) and if there's any good deals I'd be interested in stopping by.[/QUOTE]

DS is the best-stocked games section at the close-out TRU (the one nearest to 90).

The other TRU still has lots of $10 TRU games. I only know Gamecube, but they had Metroid Prime 2, Fight Night 2, Viewtiful Joe 2, Virtua Quest, Geist ....

The Best Buy in Janesville, which is between Madison and Illinois on 90, has some harder to find games like Meteos on DS. You can use the store locator on bb.com to determine if they have something you want. I was just there and they had bunches of Guitar Hero.

Otherwise, nothing jumps out at me right now.

EAU CLAIRE:

There used to be some great deals to be found at Target and Best Buy about a year ago, now there isn't really any great place to find deals.

Occasionally Best Buy will have a few games on $9.99 clearance, but not often. Oddly enough the best deals I've seen lately have been closeouts at walmart; they had new Eye Toys for $15.00 on clearance about two weeks ago.

Shopko is terrible for deals, their "clearance" is taking about $5 off of a $50 game from three years ago. It used to be that you could find insane, wild discounts at shopko, but no longer.

[quote name='Apossum']ahh! they had one? i didn't see it when i went to pick up Makai kingdom on sunday.
you lucky bastard ;) enjoy, it's a long, but addicting game.

how is that video game exchange store? fairly priced? do they price stuff based on rarity and all that? good selection?[/QUOTE]

they had a used copy of nocturne at the national ave. gamecrazy in milw.
i left with some teasures while i was there. picked up: Ys (new and last one), DDs (used), vampire night w/o gun (used), psychonaughts-xbox (new), and taiko (new).

[quote name='Yuckmouth']EAU CLAIRE:

There used to be some great deals to be found at Target and Best Buy about a year ago, now there isn't really any great place to find deals.[/QUOTE]
Our Target still has some great clearance stuff every now and then, but like everywhere else, it comes in waves. The trick is catching it right when the price drops again, or it's gone in a flash. I'd say we've gotta be due for another clearance soon...

Oh yeah was at TRU today and grabbed what I'm pretty sure was the last Sonic Rush and Puyo Pop ($21 and $14). 1 Advance Wars DS left and 2 Nanostrays (both $35 normally -30%). I am poor otherwise I would've bought one of each of those too.

[quote name='Jeoff']Oh yeah was at TRU today and grabbed what I'm pretty sure was the last Sonic Rush and Puyo Pop ($21 and $14). 1 Advance Wars DS left and 2 Nanostrays (both $35 normally -30%). I am poor otherwise I would've bought one of each of those too.[/QUOTE]

Very awesome, how much was left when you last went there?

There were a lot of DS games still but other than the ones I listed not any I was willing to jump on. They had 5000000 copies of Baten Kaitos with the soundtrack included for GC. None of them had prices on them and the price scanner didn't work since there is a plastic ridge over part of the barcode and I didn't want to find somebody so I don't know the price. I'll probably get one if it's $14 next time I go.

There were a surprising amount of PSP games...most of them crap...and the entire display of psp games was covered in other random dvds/umds and stuff so I didn't bother looking (I sold my psp awhile ago). Lots of stuff for really little kids is left but most of the regular toys are gone.

hey guys i am to new to post on the trading site yet so I thought I would ask some of you. I just pick up a used copy of FF X-2, but it didn't have the manaul with it so i wanted to see if I could just find that.
Thanks

[quote name='fallenangel70']hey guys i am to new to post on the trading site yet so I thought I would ask some of you. I just pick up a used copy of FF X-2, but it didn't have the manaul with it so i wanted to see if I could just find that.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

A rental store possibly?

[quote name='fallenangel70']hey guys i am to new to post on the trading site yet so I thought I would ask some of you. I just pick up a used copy of FF X-2, but it didn't have the manaul with it so i wanted to see if I could just find that.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Welcome to CAG! Right now I would think if you don't want to find it online (which may be your best bet), you could look at a rental store like the above said, or try and older game store, just an unordinary one. Sometimes you'll get lucky.

[quote name='Machikunas']I just ran across EXACTLY what you're looking for:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82987

this guy is selling manuals and has the one you want.[/QUOTE]

Well there you go. I ran across this thread but didn't check for that exact game, but sure enough, there's the manual.

fallenangel70, if you have PayPal, try trading with this person. I doubt they will trade without it, so if you don't have it, it's free. I will contact this user for you and have him give you a PM about it so maybe you 2 can work out a trade.

thanks all I just PMed the guy to set things up. :D

all set up thanks guys I cann't wait to be able to post my want/trade list.
also if you guys make it up to baraboo at all there is a store on the square that is call spin shack. It sells all kinds of stuff (dvd's, cd's, game's, ect.). I pick up FF X-2 there for $10. They have games for PSX,PS2,Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and Atari. If there is something that you are looking for let me know I can look and see if they have it.

if anyone lives near a shopko, just a heads up that if ur interested, some promotional items have gone cheap, these being:

Blitz: The League Cheerleaders 2006 Calander $0.49
L.A. Rush Poster $0.49
Nintendo DS Jersey (Only size L as far as i could tell) $9.99
Mega Man Enemies Shirt (No clue on size) $4.99
Nintendo Shirt (Black) $4.99
Resident Evil 4 Shirt (Blue w/Leon) $4.99

[quote name='Krunks']if anyone lives near a shopko, just a heads up that if ur interested, some promotional items have gone cheap, these being:

Blitz: The League Cheerleaders 2006 Calander $0.49
L.A. Rush Poster $0.49
Nintendo DS Jersey (Only size L as far as i could tell) $9.99
Mega Man Enemies Shirt (No clue on size) $4.99
Nintendo Shirt (Black) $4.99
Resident Evil 4 Shirt (Blue w/Leon) $4.99[/QUOTE]

I like RE and Nintendo shirts. May have to stop by there being I'm out of town which actually has a Shopko. Thanks for the heads up.

After reading this thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81601&page=1&pp=20

I had already checked my Wal-Mart (Greenfield, WI) and they had them for $70, but they may have dropped even more now if anyone's interested. They had quite a few when I went so if anyone is around this area looking for one, you may want to check this or your local Walmart.

Anyone else who spots one at their Walmart, feel free to let us know and update us if a price has changed.

[quote name='fallenangel70']Anyone know if the suncoast in the west town mall in madison is closing down or not?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, the Suncoast in West Town Mall is completely gone - that whole side where it was is gone, about.

found Heart of the Alien: Out of This World 1+2 for the Sega CD at Pre-Played for $7...scratched on top of the disc :bomb:

[quote name='.JPG']Was anyone able to check out a Sears in Wisconsin for the clearance I heard about?[/QUOTE]

i checked out the sears at bayshore today and there was nothing i picked up(i was looking for dragonquest VIII, castlevania CoD, fire emblem sacred stones, metroid zero mission, and conker). this is what i remember seeing: the suffering (xbox, didnt check for ps2), metal gear 3, battalion wars (tempting but not cheap enough for me), the warriors (xbox, ps2), bujingai, ico, mario tennis (wish i knew that was 24.97 when i was there. i would've picked it up. i may have to go back and get it) and maybe battlefield MC, spartan, and WWE day of reckoning 2 (dont hold me to those last three, i was at best buy today too and that is affecting my memory) i was looking for the ones i listed specifically so i biasly (is that even a word? sounds right so i'll allow it) overlooked any other titles.

EDIT: went back today (3-3-06) and can confirm battlefield MC (ps2) and spartan (ps2). i also saw burnout revenge (ps2), tony hawk AW (GCN), donky konga 1 w/bongos, MK: shaolin monks (xbox), warioware twisted, L.A. Rush (ps2), x-men 2, and baten kaitos. i'm sure there's more that i'm missing, but thats all i can remember at the moment. i ended up getting war of the monsters (still a couple more there), mario tennis (last one), and pikmin 2. there's not a huge selection there, but there are some worthwile titles.

bread's done
Back