Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

[quote name='.JPG']Was anyone able to check out a Sears in Wisconsin for the clearance I heard about?[/QUOTE]

Green Bay has a Sears with a lot of clearance games. I was interested in the GBA games, but sadly there were few of those. A couple of DS and PSP games/movies. Mostly PS2/XBOX/GC.

[quote name='Krunks']if anyone lives near a shopko, just a heads up that if ur interested, some promotional items have gone cheap, these being:

Blitz: The League Cheerleaders 2006 Calander $0.49
L.A. Rush Poster $0.49
Nintendo DS Jersey (Only size L as far as i could tell) $9.99
Mega Man Enemies Shirt (No clue on size) $4.99
Nintendo Shirt (Black) $4.99
Resident Evil 4 Shirt (Blue w/Leon) $4.99[/quote]

I bought two of the Nintendo shirts. They're pretty cool, actually, not some lame crap like "Nintendo Rehabilitation Center" or anything. They just have a small squiggly D-pad type thing with Nintendo in the middle. And it's not really black, more of a grey

I'm going to see if I can get the Sears in Southridge mall sometime soon, I'll give an update if I see anything. Has anyone went here yet?

[quote name='.JPG']I'm going to see if I can get the Sears in Southridge mall sometime soon, I'll give an update if I see anything. Has anyone went here yet?[/QUOTE]

If you see any good gba games, hook me up! I'd like any of the following if they are cheap

NES - Super Mario Bros.
NES - Castlevania
NES - Metroid
NES - Excitebike
Mario Tennis

the sears at westfield is pretty much dead. they had a copy of Legends of Wrestling for the xbox, a couple copies of Ace Combat 4 for the ps2 and a DBZ game for the GC.

[quote name='ZForce915']If you see any good gba games, hook me up! I'd like any of the following if they are cheap

NES - Super Mario Bros.
NES - Castlevania
NES - Metroid
NES - Excitebike
Mario Tennis[/quote]

Went to Sears today, all I found was Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (which is up for trades) and NES -Metroid for $6.99 (referring to this list, this was the only NES game I could find). They had a little basket in the isle with some clearance games, but nothing was a really good deal, everything was still overpriced than what it should be. Example, Trace Memory $24.99, Metroid Pinball $24.99, and Meteos $19.99, I thought they should be less, but whatever. If someone wants one of these games, let me know and I can try and pick it up if I go back.

Went to Wal-Mart on the west side today and Kingdom Hearts 2 was $40. I don't know if that's worth it for anyone or if it was in the ad or not just throwing it out there.

In other news go Wisconsin hockey.

This threads needs to be bumped back up. Just for everyone to know, the Sears in Southridge Mall is pretty much dead now with clearance stuff.

[quote name='.JPG']^ If I stop by Best Buy ever, I'll check for you. I'm interested in some also.[/QUOTE]

That would rock.

Are there any Green Bay or Fox Cities area CAGs that would be interested in doing some game trades? I have some complete Gameboy games that I'm looking to unload and it would be cool if I could handle this locally.

Video game exchange has 2 Arc The Lad Collection strategy guides at $30 a piece. I thought they were new, but they looked re-shrinkwrapped. they also have 3 copies of "D" for the PS1 at 9.99 a piece.

scored ZOE2 at pre-played for $14 yesterday :) great game so far and I'm not one for mechs.

[quote name='Apossum']

scored ZOE2 at pre-played for $14 yesterday :) great game so far and I'm not one for mechs.[/QUOTE]

you should play the first one too. its very reminiscent of evangelion, what with the whiney protagonest and all.

[quote name='sigmano9']you should play the first one too. its very reminiscent of evangelion, what with the whiney protagonest and all.[/QUOTE]

yay! I love whiny protagonists. :lol:

at least ZOE2's lead guy is like a bad Kirk Russell.

The Arc the Lad books are brand new (I've been shopping at VGE for years). When he got them in, he had over 30-40 between the stores. I bought 2 from the owner when he first got them in, had the new book smell(ahhhhhhhhhhh), and you could tell they had never been opened (you know the new book crack when you open the spine a littlee to far). Hope that helps.

[quote name='nectarsis1']The Arc the Lad books are brand new (I've been shopping at VGE for years). When he got them in, he had over 30-40 between the stores. I bought 2 from the owner when he first got them in, had the new book smell(ahhhhhhhhhhh), and you could tell they had never been opened (you know the new book crack when you open the spine a littlee to far). Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I might offer it up to see if other CAGs need it.

leaving Madison for the summer this Friday

I don't wanna gooooooo :whistle2:( Preplayed has supplied me with many a cheap ass score (most recently, Persona for 9.99.)

[quote name='Apossum']leaving Madison for the summer this Friday

I don't wanna gooooooo :whistle2:( Preplayed has supplied me with many a cheap ass score (most recently, Persona for 9.99.)[/quote]

Where you heading to?

[quote name='.JPG']Where you heading to?[/QUOTE]

back home to IL for the summer.

Pre-Played is awsome. Which Pre-Played do you go to, East or West Side?

for the past two weeks, I've been hitting up both since I had to run to both sides of town a lot. but usually I go to the West side one.

had to pop in for one last brag-- decided to hit the west side store on my way out before hopping on the beltline...walked out with--

--parasite eve -- complete, non-gh (did it ever go gh?) -- 6.99
--xenogears -- complete, non-gh -- 9.99
--Star Ocean 2nd Story -- complete -- 29.99

and last weekend i hit the east side store and got FFVII complete non-gh for 19.99 and Persona complete for 9.99.

I'd hit up preplayed every day if time permitted :D

from jsonline.com

WEDNESDAY, May 17, 2006, 10:32 a.m.
By Doris Hajewski

Four Kmart stores are now Sears Grand

Grand opening activities are scheduled this weekend for four new Sears Grand stores in Wisconsin - in Menomonee Falls, West Bend, Baraboo and Oshkosh.

The stores are among 13 Sears Grands around the country that opened late last week, all conversions from former Kmart stores.

The Sears Grand format was first introduced in 2003 by Sears Roebuck & Co. in Utah.

The early stores, including one in Gurnee Mills, were about 200,000 square feet.

The early Sears Grands offer most of what is in a traditional Sears store, plus packaged and frozen foods, health and beauty products, garden supplies, books and magazine.

The off-mall concept was intended to compete with Target and other big box chains that offer food as part of their merchandise mix.

After Kmart Corp. bought Sears last year, the company converted 50 Kmart locations around the country to Sears Essentials stores, a hybrid of both formats, but with Sears brands. There were no Sears Essentials stores in Wisconsin.

[quote name='sigmano9']has anyone seen DQ VIII for $30 at any targets?[/QUOTE]

All the Best Buys are selling Dragon Quest VIII for $29.99. I found the strategy guide at Chaos Computer Internet Gaming Center in Eau Claire, WI for $5.00.

[quote name='Sinizar']All the Best Buys are selling Dragon Quest VIII for $29.99. I found the strategy guide at Chaos Computer Internet Gaming Center in Eau Claire, WI for $5.00.[/QUOTE]
I haven't been in Chaos Games for months...

[quote name='Sinizar']All the Best Buys are selling Dragon Quest VIII for $29.99. I found the strategy guide at Chaos Computer Internet Gaming Center in Eau Claire, WI for $5.00.[/QUOTE]
I haven't been in Chaos Games for months. Do they have a better inventory now? I was impressed by the boxed, complete SNES games they had when they first opened, even though they had nothing I needed, at least...

Anyone have any luck at other WI stores selling DS lite? I checked Capitol Dr. Milwaukee Walmart yesterday with no luck. Should have tried Target but couldnt get a vehicle.
Peace
coltcannon

[quote name='coltcannon']Anyone have any luck at other WI stores selling DS lite? I checked Capitol Dr. Milwaukee Walmart yesterday with no luck. Should have tried Target but couldnt get a vehicle.
Peace
coltcannon[/quote]

Heading out of town tomorrow so I won't be able to check anywhere. The last time I went to Target I should have checked but I didn't even think of it...

[quote name='coltcannon']Anyone have any luck at other WI stores selling DS lite? I checked Capitol Dr. Milwaukee Walmart yesterday with no luck. Should have tried Target but couldnt get a vehicle.
Peace
coltcannon[/QUOTE]

i'm not searching for a DS until nintendo releases the sexy navy blue color.

One of the people I know on another forum is offering me Disgaea for $20, but it doesn't have the case or the booklet. Can anyone tell me if it's still worth it, being so rare and all?

I was just at the KMart near me and they had Lites in the display case they were selling. It's the Kmart on Mayfair Rd. but I don't know if it was a stupid salesperson or if they're selling them early.

hey guys checking in from West Allis. The Circuit City in Brookfield didnt have much for games, theres a bin in the back. I got Dead 2 Rights 2 and SSX Tricky on Tour (last copy I saw) dunno if they going to restock but looks like that bin was near its end, unless you want 30 copies of Def Jam Fight for NY

For any Sun Prairie/Madison CAGs, I stopped at the Sun Prairie Walmart and they had both G.R.A.W. (Marked down from $60 so its not a console mistake) and Perfect Dark Zero marked at $30 for some reason.

Was hard to resist picking up GRAW again for only $30.

Wisconsin Rapids' GameStop is salvation for those in central Wisconsin, though more for variety than pricing.

I live in Hartford, so the nearest EB/GS are in West Bend and Menomonee Falls.

The GS in West Bend just started up a few months ago, and they had an AWESOME stock of rare games. I picked up Disgaea used and complete for $44.99, and a used (manual missing) copy of Zone of the Enders 2 for $17.99. I also saw a Shin Megami Tensei Deluxe copy and picked it up for $54.99, even though it was a display copy--so it was opened and everything. Also, when MGS3:S came out, the guy at the counter gave me two copies of the Saga DVD for no reason, plus one when I picked up the game.

The EB in Menomonee Falls sucks. They don't have much of a selection, the staff is pretentious and not very informed about new games. Their stickers seem to really stick on used games, too, since I had to go over my cases with Goo-gone three times to get the crap off. I didn't even get a Saga disc when I went to pick up MGS3:S either, they said they gave the last one out. Idiots.

Man, I wish my parents would move to nearer to Milwaukee.

[quote name='GhaleonQ']Wisconsin Rapids' GameStop is salvation for those in central Wisconsin, though more for variety than pricing.[/quote]

Yea, my parents have a cabin up there, and I picked up MGS2: Substance for $19.99 complete. It was well-organized and the staff was cool.

I was wondering if anyone in the Madison area has been to the Big Lots. Do they have PC games, if so, are they any good. I've seen in the Big Lots thread that some have Icewind Dale (I don't recall I or II, but I'd like another copy of each, so...), and I was wondering if anyone's stopped in lately. Or if anyone is in the area, if they'd take a quick peek. I love in Middleton, so it's a pain to get there, and a big waste of time if they don't have anything good. If anyone has any info, LMK!! Thanks!

[quote name='mcelfour']I was wondering if anyone in the Madison area has been to the Big Lots. Do they have PC games, if so, are they any good. I've seen in the Big Lots thread that some have Icewind Dale (I don't recall I or II, but I'd like another copy of each, so...), and I was wondering if anyone's stopped in lately. Or if anyone is in the area, if they'd take a quick peek. I love in Middleton, so it's a pain to get there, and a big waste of time if they don't have anything good. If anyone has any info, LMK!! Thanks![/quote]

yes they do have some pc stuff for like 5 bucks also menards has this same tyope fo stuff

I just came from Toys R US (NW Side Milwaukee Northridge Location - Brown Deer Rd.). Saw the following:

PSP
Ultimate Block Party $10.98
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix $13.98
Smart Bomb $13.98
Coded Arms $19.98
Tiger Woods Golf $13.98
Metal Gear Acid 2 $13.98
Medevil $13.98
Twisted Metal Head On $13.98
Spiderman 2 $13.98
Kingdom of Paradise $10.98

For some odd reason Metal Gear Acid is $29.98 while 2 is $13.98.

PS2
Final Fantasy with 40GB Hard Disk $27.98 (4+ in stock up above counter)

GC
DK Bongos (Bongos Only, no game) $20.98

i wanted to inform us milw CAGs of two things:

1) target around the northridge area has tales of phantasia for 14.99

2) i was just at the northridge toys r us and i was told metal gear acid 2 was 29.99, now i did not have him ring it up at the register or did he check the system. i'm guessin the guy was just being lazy, but if any one else can comfirm the 13.99 price, it would be interesting to know.

I know theres a few CAGs from Madison, are there any good places around to visit every now and then?

I live down the street from 'Game Exchange' but haven't had a chance to check it out, is it worth goin to?

[quote name='Mattte']I know theres a few CAGs from Madison, are there any good places around to visit every now and then?

I live down the street from 'Game Exchange' but haven't had a chance to check it out, is it worth goin to?[/QUOTE]

They have a lot of stuff, but I don't feel as if you're going to get a deal there. I've gone in a few times, and walked out saying...$20+ for Majora's Mask? They just seem high to me. The last time I was there they had a pretty fair price on Magic the Gathering boosters...then some jerk bought them out :p (Seriously, if you're buying more than like 5 booster packs...buy a box online...way cheaper to buy in bulk...)

I like Preplayed, though I've only gone a few times. And of course there are EB games, Gamestop, and Software ETC. I like to refer to them as "EBGame Etc." I actually have nearly stopped going to EB on state st. and GS on Mineral Point, they've gotten real pushy lately, IMO.

When you say "Game Exchange" do you mean Video Game X-Change, or are you talking about another place entirely? I thought I knew all the game shops in Madison. I think we need a list.

[quote name='Squall835']When you say "Game Exchange" do you mean Video Game X-Change, or are you talking about another place entirely? I thought I knew all the game shops in Madison. I think we need a list.[/quote]

I think that may be it, its the one by a Target on the east side.

bread's done
Back