Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

[quote name='Blade']Does anything ever happen in Rhinelander? Just a question, I might be moving there.[/QUOTE]

I've been there YEARS ago, and I didn't see too much, maybe there's more now. I don't know if any CAG's are in Rhinelander that I know of right now, but if you move there you can report any deals that go on.

[quote name='Blade']Does anything ever happen in Rhinelander? Just a question, I might be moving there.[/QUOTE]

NOt much, my parents have a cottage near there and I don't think there are going to be a lot of places for you to pick up games and/or do much.

Unless you like to hunt or snowmobile. Lots of people do that up there.

[quote name='Machikunas']Still nobody in WI can tell me where to check out a 360 kiosk?[/QUOTE]

The East side Appleton Wal-mart on Calumet has had one since last Thursday

[quote name='tbodway']The East side Appleton Wal-mart on Calumet has had one since last Thursday[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was just going to say that. I was their earlier. It looks ok, but I certainly wasn't amazed. I wish I could see it on a normal non-hd tv to know what it'd actually be like at my house.

[quote name='greendj27']NOt much, my parents have a cottage near there and I don't think there are going to be a lot of places for you to pick up games and/or do much.

Unless you like to hunt or snowmobile. Lots of people do that up there.[/QUOTE]

I do those things, but not constantly. It sounds like a boring place in the winter. =(

[quote name='Blade']I do those things, but not constantly. It sounds like a boring place in the winter. =([/QUOTE]

Have you been up there before at all? There's a lot to do in Wisconsin in the winter. Depending on where you would be moving, you can easily find wooded areas and either go on or make trails to use an ATV, Snowmobile, etc. It actually can be pretty awesome. I head up to the Upper Pennisula usually every year, and it can be awesome if you have the neccessary things to do of course :)

[quote name='Blade']I do those things, but not constantly. It sounds like a boring place in the winter. =([/QUOTE]

What exactly do people do in the winter, that live in other states? I don't understand how having snow somehow makes wisconsin a place with nothing to do in the winter. I'm not offended or trying to sound like a jerk, I just never really understand this thought.

[quote name='Machikunas']What exactly do people do in the winter, that live in other states? I don't understand how having snow somehow makes wisconsin a place with nothing to do in the winter. I'm not offended or trying to sound like a jerk, I just never really understand this thought.[/QUOTE]

Hey, if you want something to do, just grab a shovel and come by my place ;)

[quote name='Machikunas']What exactly do people do in the winter, that live in other states? I don't understand how having snow somehow makes wisconsin a place with nothing to do in the winter. I'm not offended or trying to sound like a jerk, I just never really understand this thought.[/QUOTE]

Its not Wisconsin, its far norht WIsconsin! ;)

I can confirm that there is an Xbox360 kiosk at WalMart in Waukesha (off of 164 & Greenfield). I've seen it, and it's glorious!!

I was also told that the EB games near Brookfield Square Mall should have one by now (may want to call on that).

Hey Guys,
I can also now confirm a 360 Kiosk at Walmart in Menomonee Falls.
I finally got to play it, and I can't wait.

Where does everyone have their pre-orders?

I pre-ordered mine at EB near Brookfield, and the manager said they may be doing a midnight opening for the release.

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but I completely loathe the Gamestop in Southridge Mall. I used to work for Gamestop, so I will mention that the manager of that store coordinates the others (or at least he did at the time I was there) and he is a HUGE preorder guy, so if you hate being bugged about preorders, stay out of there.

I too have a 360 preordered at the Brookfield EB, I went there last night to pick up Trapt and was told that they were only going to have 12 360's on launch day, and that they will be doing a midnight launch. I was also told I'd be getting mine at launch since I have it paid in full already (whew.... I really didn't feel like camping out at Walmart/K-Mart)

ZForce,
I too called to confirm my preorder at the Brookfield EB.
Luckily, my preorder is still good.
Maybe I'll see you there at midnight on the 22nd.

I've seen a 360 kiosk at the East and West Madison Targets.

Of course two of the game demos (King Kong and Call of Duty 2) didn't work at the West Side store and the first controller was dead at the East side store.

Oh, well.

[quote name='psunami']I've seen a 360 kiosk at the East and West Madison Targets.

Of course two of the game demos (King Kong and Call of Duty 2) didn't work at the West Side store and the first controller was dead at the East side store.

Oh, well.[/QUOTE]

spot any good deals lately in Madison? I haven't seen any lately.

Hey
Anyone in the Milwaukee area got plans for 360 release? I just called all the walmarts around here and none are doing midnight. Capitol Dr. is only getting 4 premium. I have to work at 6 and cant even call in sick.
Peace
coltcannon

/edit Played west madison kiosk, it looked like the screen needed some settings changed. Controller was awsome.

Just had to vent a little bit here.

Put an online order in on a CD at Best Buy.com to pickup at store #24 (Brown Deer). I put it in online because I didn't see it out when I was there the day before and have had bad luck with them being able to find things at all. At least with an online order, when I get the confirmation email they've got it behind the customer service desk, right? Wrong.

I get there about 4 hours after I placed the order. She can't find it behind the desk. Makes a few calls tells me it looks like the CD is MIA and then goes away to the back. I kid you not, I stood there for 30 minutes waiting for her to return. Finally she did with some other girl who supposedly works for the inventory dept. She thought it was "Like totally weird, ya' know, that it should be there!" Ugh. Then they proceeded not to tell me they didn't have it but play with the computer, tell me to wait just a little longer, and then just yack about the party they had been to and/or were going to that night. Finally I just said, "Can I just get a refund and go?" (we had pizza waiting to be picked up a fiar distance away). "Oh, your credit card's not charged till we do it here." I turned around and left.

Right around 40 minutes wasted. All they had to say was "Sorry, we can't find it." and I could've been on my way. Now, they've lost a customer for life. If this had been a one-time only thing, it'd be fine, but a similar thing happened with Castlevania DS and Trauma Center. An email was fired off to corporate. I'm sure it'll do no good, but whatever.

Thanks for letting me vent :)

[quote name='daroga']Just had to vent a little bit here.

Put an online order in on a CD at Best Buy.com to pickup at store #24 (Brown Deer). I put it in online because I didn't see it out when I was there the day before and have had bad luck with them being able to find things at all. At least with an online order, when I get the confirmation email they've got it behind the customer service desk, right? Wrong.

I get there about 4 hours after I placed the order. She can't find it behind the desk. Makes a few calls tells me it looks like the CD is MIA and then goes away to the back. I kid you not, I stood there for 30 minutes waiting for her to return. Finally she did with some other girl who supposedly works for the inventory dept. She thought it was "Like totally weird, ya' know, that it should be there!" Ugh. Then they proceeded not to tell me they didn't have it but play with the computer, tell me to wait just a little longer, and then just yack about the party they had been to and/or were going to that night. Finally I just said, "Can I just get a refund and go?" (we had pizza waiting to be picked up a fiar distance away). "Oh, your credit card's not charged till we do it here." I turned around and left.

Right around 40 minutes wasted. All they had to say was "Sorry, we can't find it." and I could've been on my way. Now, they've lost a customer for life. If this had been a one-time only thing, it'd be fine, but a similar thing happened with Castlevania DS and Trauma Center. An email was fired off to corporate. I'm sure it'll do no good, but whatever.

Thanks for letting me vent :)[/QUOTE]

Man that really sucks, I had a problem with a Best Buy in Brookfield, I went all the way there from West Allis with a Staples Online form for a Linksys WRT54G router for $54.99 at Staples when it was $70 at Best Buy. So I wanted to do a price match and I waited and waited. So they went to check to confirm the price and it was confirmed, then the manager comes over and says "The nearest Staples in 44 miles away, and we only price match local competitors but the Best Buy in Jansville could match that for you". Well I was pretty dang ticked off at them, being that I came a ways already and it would cost more than $15 in gas so it wouldn't be worth it and they know that. But even so, I know that was their policy, but it didn't state that (that I saw) on their website, so I really was ticked being I came all that way.

So I ended up buying the router anyways after dealing with them because I needed a router and I was there after all. They are so specific about they're policies and I hate buying from them for anything. The only reason I really bought from them is because I had a giftcard and some BB Bucks. I guess in ways I took advantage of them being that I used the BB Bucks online and now in store, but they never say you can't :D

So I don't plan to shop with them again after I figure out if I'm keeping this router or not because of the fact that it doesn't matter to them if you get screwed or not, as long as they don't.

Another problem I had was after I bought a $4 program off BB.com. It wasn't much but I used BB Bucks to pay for it, so I waited and waited and after email after email and a call to BB, the order ended up getting cancelled, so I thought, whatever I'll get the credit to my gift card and use it for the router. Well I checked my giftcard and there was no credit. So I called and they said they would contact the Tech Support crap and get back to me in 2-3 days. 2-3 days later, no response and still no cash on the giftcard. It's only $4 but I'm sick of being screwed over by best Buy after already being screwed by someone on eBay. So I will probably end up calling again to see what the heck is going on.

Best Buy is doing terrivle with customer service and I really am sick of dealing with them...

Yeah Best Buy customer service is bad in general. BB Brookfield is usually really good. I can understand why they wouldn't PM. I wouldn't be able to PM a Meijer ad there either. Gotta draw the line somewhere. I bet it says in their policy "PM local competitors only" somewhere in the fine print. Hidden under a stack of crates or something.

BB.com rips people off who pay for things entirely in BB bucks. Even if you get them to reply they go "oops BB bucks can only be used once too bad." Such is life though. The best way to make a statement is with your $$.

Has anyone seen any 360's available anywhere in Madison? I've been trying to find one, but they've been sold out everywhere. I know the odds are slim, but I thought I would ask anyway.

I am an idiot for not pre-ordering. I thought I could wait a little while to get one, but damn it, the hype is getting to me now!

[quote name='greendj27']Has anyone seen any 360's available anywhere in Madison? I've been trying to find one, but they've been sold out everywhere. I know the odds are slim, but I thought I would ask anyway.

I am an idiot for not pre-ordering. I thought I could wait a little while to get one, but damn it, the hype is getting to me now![/QUOTE]

It might be too late now...but, check a Shopko (If you have any), when I went yesterday they still had 2 cores left over sitting behind the counter.

The two shopko's that I hit in Madison were sold out on the day of release. I'm thinking Madison was hit pretty hard. I'm lucky I got my system from Best Buy's website a few weeks ago.

Madison was uber camped for 360s. On I side note I think Madison has the highest proportion of lowlife FW hoarders of any city in the state.

There were plenty of good games to be had here with the B2G1 used game sales though. Luckily very few people in Madison buy games to play only to sell.

[quote name='psunami']The two shopko's that I hit in Madison were sold out on the day of release. I'm thinking Madison was hit pretty hard. I'm lucky I got my system from Best Buy's website a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

I was not able to find a 360 anywhere. Hopefully I can get one on the second shipment somewhere.

Does anyone know how many packages ebgames gets in on their shipments? I pre-ordered one from them in Madison in september...thinking i would get one before christmas...but as a week ago, I am still 28th in line. It may be a good thing though...the 360 might be the demise of my college grades...

I searched back a few posts but didn't see it mentioned so if it is, my apologies for trolling.

This week's ad for River Falls (not sure about the other WI ShopKo's), Far Cry Instincts for Xbox is $29.99 until December 10. Not much, but considering it just came out recently, any Hudson folks or nearby towns really wanting the game to give as gift should check it out. Please call for availablity because we all know how unreliable Shopko's can be for stocking.

Coscto is finally coming to WI. From jsonline.com:

Costco plans Grafton discount warehouse

Grafton – Costco Wholesale Corp. plans to build a discount warehouse in a proposed 15- to 18-store retail complex at the northwest corner of I-43 and Highway 60, according to Continental Properties, the complex developer.

This would be the first Costco store in Wisconsin. Costco currently has more than 300 stores in the United States. Construction is scheduled to begin at the Grafton location this coming summer.

- By Lawrence Sussman

I'd like to see them build a store at the old Northridge site as well.

[quote name='Trakan']Southern Wisconsin needs a Costco.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Southern Wisconsin needs Costcos. WM/Sam's can suck it.

[quote name='klwillis45']Coscto is finally coming to WI. From jsonline.com:

Costco plans Grafton discount warehouse

Grafton – Costco Wholesale Corp. plans to build a discount warehouse in a proposed 15- to 18-store retail complex at the northwest corner of I-43 and Highway 60, according to Continental Properties, the complex developer.

This would be the first Costco store in Wisconsin. Costco currently has more than 300 stores in the United States. Construction is scheduled to begin at the Grafton location this coming summer.

- By Lawrence Sussman

I'd like to see them build a store at the old Northridge site as well.[/QUOTE]

It's about time. Everyone keeps raving on about Costco, now maybe I'll get to actually check one out.

But I haven't ever seen one, so what exactly are they? I know they are a warehouse sort of store, but is it anything similar to Sam's?

Also I've added a News section to the main page, added the Costco info.

If anyone has any news for Wisconsin, I'll put it up.

Just to let you all know...the Sam's club in Eau Claire just got 16 360's in and they were letting ANYONE in to get them at 7:00am. They are gone now but you may want to call around to see if there are other Sam's in the same position. Their shipment was later than all the others. Good luck!

So anyone go to any of the TRU is Wisconsin?

I went to the one of 27th St in Milwaukee. They had 2 copies of Pikmin 2 (which I passed up and now regretting), but I was able to get Mr Driller, Polarium (which was $10 for some reason, maybe regular price) and Final Fantasy CC. Not to bad, there was almost no people there, though I did see a few people looking around for games, and then leaving (probably because they couldn't find the one's they needed).

Overall though the employee's where as helpful as ever! The one would look for any game i wanted behind the counter, and checked and offered me some other games that where $10. Worth the trip!

the TRU near Brookfield has several of the games listed on the $10 clearance list. No RE4 or Ninja Gaiden, but well worth the trip!!!
Tons of Doom 3, SSX 3, Monkey Ball double pack, and many others.

[quote name='toona']Just to let you all know...the Sam's club in Eau Claire just got 16 360's in and they were letting ANYONE in to get them at 7:00am. They are gone now but you may want to call around to see if there are other Sam's in the same position. Their shipment was later than all the others. Good luck![/QUOTE]
Holy hell, I thought I was the only CAG from Eau Claire. Finally!

I'm down in Platteville, WI for college. A couple friends and I went down to the Dubuque Toys R Us on the outskirts of Iowa.

They had about 4 carts full of the games that she was pricing as we got there around 8.30 AM. i picked up Pikmin 2, Super Monkey Ball 1+2, Digital Devil Saga, Dark Cloud 2, Metal Slug 4/5, Ninja Gaiden, Mario Party 4, Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls and Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 LE.

Massively Successful trip.. I skipped on Resident Evil 4 and Dead or Alive Ultimate, since my bill was pretty high already.

Not a lot of news or new stuff has happened in Wisconsin lately has it.

I'm keeping my eye out for new stores, or new deals, so if anyone else has any, please post them.

bread's done
Back