Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

Hey, any Madison-area folks want to go in on an order to dvd2blu.com? This is where you can pay ~$5 to upgrade some Warner Bros. DVDs to Blu-ray. Shipping is free over $35, and $5 otherwise, but if you're a CAG like me, you can't justify paying for shipping when you could spend that same amount of money to get a whole other Blu-Ray ... but by the time I get to $35 worth of upgrades, I'm paying to upgrade movies that, frankly, I'd be just as happy to keep on DVD.

So if anyone's interested, let me know. The site is http://www.dvd2blu.com and they've got more than 360 titles to choose from.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Ummm, that's very wrong. They have exactly 91 titles to choose from, so it's slim pickin's[/QUOTE]

Sorry, you're right. 18 rows of 5 each but I did the math backward.

[quote name='seanw']Sorry, you're right. 18 rows of 5 each but I did the math backward.[/QUOTE]

It's cool, I was just trying to help everyone out!!!

Still some deals to be had at the Game Crazy in Cudahy, all games 60% off:

PS2 Dokapon Kingdom (sealed) $12.00 (a sucker for Atlus games)
PSP R-Type Command $3.99
PSP Power Stone Collection (sealed) $7.20
PSP PQ2 $3.99

Also went to the one on Mitchell St. in Milwaukee, but it is already closed. :(

Rich

tomorrow is the last day for the movie gallery in marinette--not too much left but if you're in the area, it's worth checking out (if only for movie deals)

DVDs are .75, everything else is a buck the Game Crazy in Cudahy. Lots of new game guides and games with incomplete packaging left...good luck.

Rich

My girlfriend lived in Cudahy her entire life (until she moved to IL with me 1.5 years ago). We go up there and visit her folks every few months. I need to start watching this thread, and hope deals line up with the weekends we plan on going up there.

[quote name='Rig']My girlfriend lived in Cudahy her entire life (until she moved to IL with me 1.5 years ago). We go up there and visit her folks every few months. I need to start watching this thread, and hope deals line up with the weekends we plan on going up there.[/QUOTE]

It haas been pretty slim pickings around here lately, I dont know if its low inventory or a couple of dedicated hoarder/resellers because it has been awhile since I have found anything or got on anything nationwide...

Madison pickings have been pretty slim lately as well. Can't remember the last time I got a great deal around here. Other than the Blur thing at Best Buy last week.

It's a season that isn't overwhelmed with releases and so many places (blockbusters, game crazys, hollywood videos and movie gallerys) going out of business combined with Target's new video game set-up allowing for more games to be displayed its been slim pickings for clearance junkies the last couple of months.

Unrelated to gaming, anyone from the area have any experience in selling CDs? I have about 200 I want to get rid of before I move again and just want to get the most from them I can. I'm thinking Half Price Books will probably be the worst deal, wondering about Mega Media Xchange, Exclusive Company or maybe even Disc Go Round. Anyone have any experience?

[quote name='BudzMcGee']It's a season that isn't overwhelmed with releases and so many places (blockbusters, game crazys, hollywood videos and movie gallerys) going out of business combined with Target's new video game set-up allowing for more games to be displayed its been slim pickings for clearance junkies the last couple of months.

Unrelated to gaming, anyone from the area have any experience in selling CDs? I have about 200 I want to get rid of before I move again and just want to get the most from them I can. I'm thinking Half Price Books will probably be the worst deal, wondering about Mega Media Xchange, Exclusive Company or maybe even Disc Go Round. Anyone have any experience?[/QUOTE]

well unless you have complete cds with art and case no place will take them. Craigslist would be your answer for disc only but your not going to get more then $1 each

Do you have a list available? I wouldn't be able to buy them all, but if you had any dance\electronic\trance\lounge\ambient\reggae related I would be interested.

You could sell them on ebay in a large lot, or break into smaller lots maybe 50 per lot.

[quote name='ryanflucas']Do you have a list available? I wouldn't be able to buy them all, but if you had any dance\electronic\trance\lounge\ambient\reggae related I would be interested.

You could sell them on ebay in a large lot, or break into smaller lots maybe 50 per lot.[/QUOTE]

I sold 40+ DJ type Cd's about a year ago on Craigslist and got about $.50 for each and with ebay I was lucky to get someone to bid a buck on bundles...

I got a bunch of Disc only CD's im looking to get rid of but they are a mix of rap,rock,metal,etc...

[quote name='BudzMcGee']It's a season that isn't overwhelmed with releases and so many places (blockbusters, game crazys, hollywood videos and movie gallerys) going out of business combined with Target's new video game set-up allowing for more games to be displayed its been slim pickings for clearance junkies the last couple of months.

Unrelated to gaming, anyone from the area have any experience in selling CDs? I have about 200 I want to get rid of before I move again and just want to get the most from them I can. I'm thinking Half Price Books will probably be the worst deal, wondering about Mega Media Xchange, Exclusive Company or maybe even Disc Go Round. Anyone have any experience?[/QUOTE]

I actually believe Mega Media Xchange doesn't buy cds anymore... I had a friend who always sold cds there, and then last year they started giving less for cds, and the last time I went all cds were 50% off... Exclusive Company I can't really say, but I would say don't expect much more than a dollar or so per disc.

all but like 2 of the albums have full everything. I took pretty damn good care of my CD collection. I've been getting similar responses from everyone though, so I think I'm selling a few off to friends, maybe CL the rest or just make a huge 180 CD bundle on Ebay and start it at a descent price and just hope for the best. I think the mega media xchange on 76th st isn't take disc anymore, but the one on Brady (which was formerly a CD warehouse) still has a huge collection that isn't 50% off. Thanks for the feedback guys, always help, never disappoint.

Was at the Movie Gallery in Fort Atkinson on Tuesday. Closing within the next 2 weeks I overheard. Prices at 50-60% off or more. I heard the guy there say they may lower again before closing, and possibly get more things in before they close too. (Though that may have been when I was there last week.) Still had a lot of stuff there; dvds, blu-ray, all sorts of video games for Wii, 360, PS2, and PS3.

Bought Smackdown vs Raw 2010, Halo Wars, and Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children last week there for around $30. And Tuesday I bought The Slammin Salmon, Inglourious Basterds, and Dr. Strangelove on dvd for 16 something dollars. May go next week or something to see if prices drop more. If prices get really low I'm sure I can get persuaded to buy more.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']

Not sure where you're located, but if you're near La Crosse, there is a place called Deaf Ear Records that will buy used CDs. You need the album art and liner notes though. http://www.deafearrecords.biz

if anyones interested, there are still at least 3 more Code Gease LE in Appleton BB for $9.99. I picked one up along with 2 penny guides. It felt good buying penny guides cause normally all BB stores around me pull them before I can get any but sad that the pretty gal just kept on staring at the screen and could'nt figure out why they showed up as a penny each guide.

[quote name='shinryu333']if anyones interested, there are still at least 3 more Code Gease LE in Appleton BB for $9.99. I picked one up along with 2 penny guides. It felt good buying penny guides cause normally all BB stores around me pull them before I can get any but sad that the pretty gal just kept on staring at the screen and could'nt figure out why they showed up as a penny each guide.[/QUOTE]

Code Gease LE ? Sorry just wondering if this is anime or something and how good is it for $10 ?

[quote name='shinryu333']^ anime limited edition with vol. 1 and 2. has mixed opinions on the BB clearance thread.[/QUOTE]

To bad there is no way to look it up online anymore.. Thanks for the reply.

if anyone who has not pick up a FF13 in the fox cities (oshkosh, appleton, gb, fund)yet, Best Buy just restock all PS3 versions. picked one up for a friend and some penny guides for a little over $21 no prob with cashier except the constance look at the screen of a few $00.01 guides. this sale ends saturday

[quote name='Kaelestis']Poor Wisconsin thread is pretty dead. I'm in southeastern WI and like 15mins to IL border. Pretty nice location to hit different areas.

Seen this on craigslist for anyone interested -
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/1904767869.html

Don't have any experience with the shop but might go check it out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that to and was wondering if it was worth the drive seeing I have never been there....

[quote name='Kaelestis']Poor Wisconsin thread is pretty dead. I'm in southeastern WI and like 15mins to IL border. Pretty nice location to hit different areas.

Seen this on craigslist for anyone interested -
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/1904767869.html

Don't have any experience with the shop but might go check it out.[/QUOTE]

I'm in Milwaukee and have never heard of this store or saw any advertisements. They must have tried to survive on word of mouth alone and locals. I googled them and they didn't even have a website, just an ecrater.com store.

I'm going to drop in during the sale for gameboy games.

Haha yeah, I've never heard of them either. Kind of silly of them to never advertise and be out in Waukesha. No wonder they went out of business. I would love to visit/shop at more local game shops instead of retail stores/GS but most of them never advertise and so I never even know they exist...

I have seen this store advertise a few sales on CL but yes overall the advertisement has been pretty bad and thus left to word of mouth.

I have been trying to go away from gamestop more and hit the smaller stores or the other larger gaming retailers like Mega Media Xchange and finding some decent deals but they are far and few between the number of Gamestops in the area..

In case anyone missed it, Blockbuster is doing another BOGO sale under 14.99. My store has been a wasteland for some time but when I went there today I was pleased to see a lot of good titles for cheap. Got a ton of games for like 50 bucks.

[quote name='llm962']In case anyone missed it, Blockbuster is doing another BOGO sale under 14.99. My store has been a wasteland for some time but when I went there today I was pleased to see a lot of good titles for cheap. Got a ton of games for like 50 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Cool!!!! Might try it!!!

[quote name='llm962']In case anyone missed it, Blockbuster is doing another BOGO sale under 14.99. My store has been a wasteland for some time but when I went there today I was pleased to see a lot of good titles for cheap. Got a ton of games for like 50 bucks.[/QUOTE]

What store do you hit so I can possibly save a trip if your in my area?

[quote name='Derrick1979']I have been trying to go away from gamestop more and hit the smaller stores or the other larger gaming retailers like Mega Media Xchange and finding some decent deals but they are far and few between the number of Gamestops in the area..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's hard to find any local game shops especially since they get little to no advertising, at least from what I've seen. Meanwhile, Gamestop has 4535 stores everywhere. Least they have decent sales sometimes.

Nice, I might have to stop off at a Blockbuster or two. I'll probably try to hit the 2 in Racine and 1 in Burlington tomorrow.

[quote name='.JPG']I got a SNES from Goodwill, it worked pretty good actually. I was pretty impressed with it.[/QUOTE]

ahh SNES. i havent used mine in over a year i think i will dust it off and play some super mario world now that you mention it

I'll take a look at one of the Madison Blockbuster locations today. I'll be in that neck of the woods on my way home, so perhaps there will be some decent used game deals to pick up.

I went to the Madison Blockbuster at West Towne Mall today at lunch. They didn't have much to speak of, only 6 total PS3 games and 12 for XBOX (that were $14.99 or less and eligible for the deal). They did have Beatles Rock Band and Burnout Paradise for XBOX, $9.99 each. I already have those, but $10 for both of them is pretty solid. Some other titles I remember were GTA 4, Afro Samurai, and Lost on XBOX, No More Heroes for Wii, and Pure for PS3.

[quote name='xplocvo']I went to the Madison Blockbuster at West Towne Mall today at lunch. They didn't have much to speak of, only 6 total PS3 games and 12 for XBOX (that were $14.99 or less and eligible for the deal). They did have Beatles Rock Band and Burnout Paradise for XBOX, $9.99 each. I already have those, but $10 for both of them is pretty solid. Some other titles I remember were GTA 4, Afro Samurai, and Lost on XBOX, No More Heroes for Wii, and Pure for PS3.[/QUOTE]

Dude, look for the Wii games. There are quite a few that are eligible for the $40 of Reach or Metroid deal.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Dude, look for the Wii games. There are quite a few that are eligible for the $40 of Reach or Metroid deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm asleep at the wheel, I didn't even realize they had a new $40 off deal at Gamestop. But looking at that list, I don't recall any of those Wii games being at that Blockbuster. I am probably going to stop by a couple other Blockbusters on the way home though, so I will have that list on me. Thanks.

[quote name='xplocvo']I'm asleep at the wheel, I didn't even realize they had a new $40 off deal at Gamestop. But looking at that list, I don't recall any of those Wii games being at that Blockbuster. I am probably going to stop by a couple other Blockbusters on the way home though, so I will have that list on me. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no problem. I wish I could get to one. Would you want to pick me up a set of any two games on the list for $22 shipped?? If you happen to go, of course.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Yeah no problem. I wish I could get to one. Would you want to pick me up a set of any two games on the list for $22 shipped?? If you happen to go, of course.[/QUOTE]

I'll see what I can do.

bread's done
Back